Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 31 AUG 14
Have a pillow fight with your kids! It's good for your heart--and your body too.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: WHAT ARE YOUR PROVEN TIPS/ANTI-AGING SKIN CARE REGIMEN?  (Read 12165 times)

100%pure

• GirlTalker
WHAT ARE YOUR PROVEN TIPS/ANTI-AGING SKIN CARE REGIMEN?
« on: October 19, 2012, 03:51:19 PM »
I started to begin my Anti-aging regimen when I was in my mid 20s, but it was when I turned 30 that I truly began taking anti-aging regimen more seriously.  I believe anti-aging skin regimen can help lessen the damage caused by aging, lifestyle, and environment.  It's easiest to prevent the damage than it is to try to undo damage later.  Diet, genetics and lifestyle all play a role in how fast the skin ages. While nothing can stop the aging process, there are ways to prevent or delay the appearance of skin aging that do not require plastic surgery.  So even if you don't see the signs of aging yet, there is no reason that you have to wait until you're older to start an anti-aging skin regimen.  Here are some of my tips and my tried and tested anti-aging skin care regimen:

1.   DIET:  I try to eat only fish, chicken breast, 5 servings of veggies and fruits a day.  I drink at least 8 glasses of water.  (Ive always been very conscious of the food I eat as Ive been a flexitarian/semi-vegetarian for almost 14 years now.)

2.   Avoid sunlight and wear sunscreen all the time even when youre at home.

3.   Sleep at least 7-8 hours a day.

4.   ANTI-AGING SKIN CARE REGIMEN: Wash, cleanse, moisturize, exfoliate (once a week)

>Night time: Kyoto Premium Whitening soap, Hada Labo Super Hylauronic Acid Lotion, Retin-A .05% cream, Talika Eye Cream, Olay Regenerist Wrinkle Relaxing Cream.

>Day time: Kyoto Whitening Soap, Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Lotion, Talika Instant Beauty Serum, Olay Regenerist Regenerating Cream SPF 15, Lancme BienFait Total UV Eye Treatment Cream.

>I exfoliate once a week with Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish.

5.   ANTI-AGING SUPPLEMENTS:  DMAE (dimethylaminoethanol) 100 mg, Ester C 1000 mg, ALA 300 mg, NeoCell Collagen +C Type I & III 6000 mg. Ive recently started ph338 gluta (my current holy grail and will try to use it forever!!)

Please share your tips and your own anti-aging skin care regimen.   :D :-*

technicolor

• GirlTalker
Re: WHAT ARE YOUR PROVEN TIPS/ANTI-AGING SKIN CARE REGIMEN?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 04:16:56 PM »
since im only on my twenties, i only use basic regimes

1.neautrogena facial wash
2. Hera moisturizers
3.vinch acne gel
4. biore suncreen for face and nivea suncreen spay for body
5. dove all over my body haha
6. skin79 bb cream or alternative is ifiona CC cream(the best wah!)

thats all

and plus korean face and body massage, its the secret of all korean celebreties!

and boom! perfectly radiant and smooth face

ill get the cell injection when im 70 yeers old

100%pure

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 12:13:26 AM »
Hi sis technicolor! That's great!  20s is the best time to start your anti-aging regimen... If i could turn back the clock, i would've started during my early 20s as well. I agree, Koreans do have radiant, luminous, and ageless skin. By the way, where do you go for your Korean face and body massage?  :)

ilovejdy

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 07:47:45 PM »
any other tips to look younger?

greenleaf

• Probationary
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 08:55:39 PM »
now ko lang din narinig yang korean massage.

agree avoid sunlight. saka mind our diet and lifestyle. pansin ko yung mga celebs na vegetarians look young nga.

tikitakz

• Super GirlTalker
  • good vibes lang lagi! :)
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »
just started my anti aging regimen 7 months ago, i use olay creams, i buy either OTE or regenerist, and for facial wash i use celeteque, cetaphil, olay regenerist, st. ives apricot or neutrogena. haven't tried other brands sa creams olay lang talaga kasi nahiyang na ako ayaw ko na mag experiment and yes, i also avoid sunlight, drink lots of water, do exercise and get enough sleep. :)
God is good all the time :)

egypt

• Probationary
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 10:48:00 PM »
I'm in my mid-twenties too and I've only jut started taking my skincare regimen seriously, so I can't say my method is *proven*

DAY:

1. Cleanse with Pond's facial wash

2. Moisturize with Khiel's ultra facial moisturizer SPF 15

3. Optional face base: tude House sun BB cream SPF 50 (I actually skip my Khiel's if I put on bb cream, bad I know)

Yes, sunscreen is THE most important anti-aging product out there, so I'm trying to be religious about putting it on. Even indoors. I wash it off at night though because SPF can clog pores. I'm looking for a day lotion to replace my Khiel's actually, because it has parabens and is only SPF 15. Anyone have any recommendations? At least SPF 30?

NIGHT:

1. If needed: Makeup remover Muji gentle cleansing oil

2. Cleanse with Pond's facial wash

3. If needed: Tone with Dickinsons witch hazel toner (will switch to an alcohol-free one when I turn 30)

4. Moisturize face and body with Nivea Baby smoothy cream
5. Eye care with L'Oreal revitalift eye cream
6. Face mask (tude House, Tony Moly, Snoe, whatever's handy) 1-2x/week

7. Exfoliate with Cetaphil and a soft face towel 1-2x/week

Serums are the next most important thing after sun protection. Women in their twenties should go for serums with antioxidants like vitamins A, C, and E. For those in their thirties, serums with retinol are in order. I'm actually looking for a good one that is not too pricey, any recommendations?

ALSO:

1. Never forget the neck and hands. Even with a fabulous face, these will bear the tell-tale signs of aging. They need moisturizer and sunblock too!
2. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! I try to always have a glass or bottle of water beside me. Moisturizers won't work if I'm dehydrated.
3. Get enough sleep at the right time. At least 6 hours straight, like 10pm-4am. In my profession this isn't possible, which is why I'm taking steps to delay the signs of aging.

100%pure

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 09:36:56 AM »
That's great to hear sissies! Thanks for sharing! Sis, ilovejdy, another proven anti-aging tip starts from within... meaning eating more foods that will naturally give you superior anti-aging benefits that are medically proven and tested such as:

1. Eating foods rich in omega 3 like salmon, mackerel, tuna. This is one of the reasons why Japanese women have flawless skin and they really defy the aging process. They are into taking good care of their skin starting from birth and beyond. Part of their diet also is ingesting a lot of collagen-naturally that is...They buy daw packs of beef cartilage which they put in their soups like the ones found in bulalo because it is rich in collagen daw.

2. Eating lots of citruses, berries, and veggies- These are all packed with powerful antioxidants that are Proven to prevent wrinkles and age spots and definitely give you glowing pimple-free skin. I make sure that i have two servings of fruit a day... Having fruit as a part of my diet, i Never had a single breakout since!

100%pure

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »

Yes, sunscreen is THE most important anti-aging product out there, so I'm trying to be religious about putting it on. Even indoors. I wash it off at night though because SPF can clog pores. I'm looking for a day lotion to replace my Khiel's actually, because it has parabens and is only SPF 15. Anyone have any recommendations? At least SPF 30?

Serums are the next most important thing after sun protection. Women in their twenties should go for serums with antioxidants like vitamins A, C, and E. For those in their thirties, serums with retinol are in order. I'm actually looking for a good one that is not too pricey, any recommendations?

Hi sis egypt! Congrats! You're on the right track with your anti-aging regimen. I'm using Olay Regenerist Regenerating Cream SPF14 UVA/UVB as my day cream, but I'm contemplating on using a more potent sunblock like Biore UV Bright Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++, this costs around 550 (exclusive of shipping) sold at multiply shops...I've heard great reviews about it from here and abroad. As for retinol, I use over-the-counter Retin-A 0.5% cream, which is relatively cheaper than other brands and yet very effective.  ;)

« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 10:58:48 AM by 100%pure »

ilovejdy

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 12:19:05 PM »
thanks sa tips girls ^_^
my goal is to look younger than my age and keep it that way starting now.. mid 20's na din kasi ako
I only use OTE.. kaya I wanted to learn more on any regimen na may nakakaalam na proven or worked for them na..

sana yung mga ka GT natin dito na in their 30-40's but still looked young mag share din hehe tia

momentum

• Super GirlTalker
  • ♠ Get What You Give ♠
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2012, 01:19:38 PM »
im 27 years old and well, I just keep a normal CLEANSE-EXFOLIATE(not every day tho)-MOISTURIZE routine, I skip TONING hehe, i know I am bad :P haven't found a good toner yet for me.

I use celeteque to cleanse, moisturize my face, and nivea too, also some HNN products coz I wanna try "natural remedies" ..I would like to try OTE soon too :)

I have been a vegetarian for more than 10yrs and I guess this helps making me look healthy and glowing (not to mention someone told me i still look the same since highschool, haha yeah right). Detoxifying once in a while also helps, like liver flush, gall bladder flushs, etc. also, YOGA exercises helps tone the muscles, even sa face, and actually has many internal benefits as well..it caters to all ages..pag gym kasi, mejo kelangan hinay hinay ka na when you reach a certain age, otherwise ma-injury ka pa..also,meditation and/or relaxation also helps clear the mind and keeps you in peace :) coz even if how many layers of anti-aging creams you put on your face and body but magulo isip mo or stressed out ka, it'll really show sa face and skin mo, diba? maybe not many will like meditation, basta the point is we have to find time for ourselves to relax, unwind and clear the mind :)

so apart from eating the right foods and applying the right creams and serums, kelangan may exercise talaga na kasama and relaxation..para balanced lahat and covered all areas
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 01:26:21 PM by momentum »
----♣ Get Busy Living, or Get Busy Dying ♣----

100%pure

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2012, 01:59:29 PM »
Sis ilovejdy, your welcome! Masarap talaga ang feeling if people mistaken me that I'm in my mid 20s when in fact, I'm already in my late 30s...There were two instanceswhen the jeepney dispatcher asked me if i was a student. I was especially flattered when a college student asked me if I was single...sympre sabay pakita ako ng wedding ring, tapos sabi ko, "Iho pwde na kitang maging anak!" ;D ;D So i guess my anti-aging regimen works!

Sis momentum, one of my frustrations is being a vegetarian but since I have chronically low HGB count, so I really can't, otherwise I'll end up being anemic again. I totally agree with you, exercise is truly a crucial part of an anti-aging regimen and yoga is perfect because the benefits are not only focused on the physical aspect per se but the whole sense of well being.

Me naman, since i am a resident of Baguio, when I am free, I'd always walk up and down Session Road. In the mornings naman, I usually walk the dogs. I think anything called exercise....I hate doing.  ;D So i just do what i enjoy most which is walking. 

egypt

• Probationary
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2012, 03:21:04 PM »
Hi sis egypt! Congrats! You're on the right track with your anti-aging regimen. I'm using Olay Regenerist Regenerating Cream SPF14 UVA/UVB as my day cream, but I'm contemplating on using a more potent sunblock like Biore UV Bright Face Milk SPF 50+ PA+++, this costs around 550 (exclusive of shipping) sold at multiply shops...I've heard great reviews about it from here and abroad. As for retinol, I use over-the-counter Retin-A 0.5% cream, which is relatively cheaper than other brands and yet very effective.  ;)
Thanks for the recs sis! Oh my, I do see a lot of good reviews on Biore. I wonder if it can double as a moisturizer na, because I hate having to layer stuff on my face (feels hot and heavy, and not in the good way!). Will check those products out, thanks. :)

innocent_beauty

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, 05:53:16 PM »
thanks sa tips girls ^_^
my goal is to look younger than my age and keep it that way starting now.. mid 20's na din kasi ako
I only use OTE.. kaya I wanted to learn more on any regimen na may nakakaalam na proven or worked for them na..

sana yung mga ka GT natin dito na in their 30-40's but still looked young mag share din hehe tia

age :36  ( people mistaken na 29 lang ako ) one time may gusto pa manligaw sa akin na young american boy malapit lang sa amin buti nalang lumipat na kc ayaw ko din ng ganun..love ko si hubby =)

kids: 3

my beauty regimen : tretinoin ( avid user since high school or since my derma recommended it to me ) and also sunblock since high school din. I don't have dark spots and wrinkle sa face at any sign of aging walng biro kc matagal na akong gumagamit ng tretinoin on off on off..now dinadagdag ko nalang yung HQ and tretinoin cream kc gusto ko naman maging maputi sya althou I am bit fair like chinese yellowish skin but gusto ko mas fair pa ng konti.
rejection doesn't always mean a failure, it is a challenge

100%pure

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2012, 06:50:56 PM »
Thanks for the recs sis! Oh my, I do see a lot of good reviews on Biore. I wonder if it can double as a moisturizer na, because I hate having to layer stuff on my face (feels hot and heavy, and not in the good way!). Will check those products out, thanks. :)

Sis egypt, here's a link a found about Biore Bright Face Milk... http://www.ratzillacosme.com/2009/biore-uv-bright-face-milk/. I think it has dual purpose, serves as a sunblock and a primer as well. According to the reviews, it is easily absorbed and lightweight naman, so you won't have to worry about feeling hot and heavy.

age :36  ( people mistaken na 29 lang ako ) one time may gusto pa manligaw sa akin na young american boy malapit lang sa amin buti nalang lumipat na kc ayaw ko din ng ganun..love ko si hubby =)

kids: 3

my beauty regimen : tretinoin ( avid user since high school or since my derma recommended it to me ) and also sunblock since high school din. I don't have dark spots and wrinkle sa face at any sign of aging walng biro kc matagal na akong gumagamit ng tretinoin on off on off..now dinadagdag ko nalang yung HQ and tretinoin cream kc gusto ko naman maging maputi sya althou I am bit fair like chinese yellowish skin but gusto ko mas fair pa ng konti.

Sis innocent_beauty, thanks for sharing your age defying experience. ;) I agree, tretinoin works wonders to the skin talaga. Highly recommended by well-known dermatologists to lighten dark spots, increase collagen production, diminish fine lines and wrinkles. This is truly an anti-aging staple for every woman.

ilovejdy

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 08:04:17 PM »
^ sis 100% pure ... sana ganyan din ako pagdating ng panahon..
do you also do massages? i think I need to take extra care na din sa neck area starting now kasi yun yung best give away ng age ehh

100%pure

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 09:26:08 PM »
Sis ilovejdy, I'm pretty sure you're doing great with your anti-aging regimen, minsan kasi trial and error when it comes to anti-aging creams pero when you've found what really works for you, then stick with it. Kung baga sa vitamins kung hiyang mo na, wag mo ng palitan. It's also important to remember to always laugh everyday. I guess it's one of my best kept secrets din hehe. :D Que sehodang magkaroon ako ng laugh lines. ;D ;D ;D Sabi nga nila it takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, so in other words be happy, smile :)

You know what, even though the spa is just across my home, i have never tried stepping there either to have a massage or for any facial treatment whatsoever...Siguro pwde sa akin yung tipong Thai massage lang like stretching. I'm just the type of person kasi who's not comfortable with other people touching my body or skin, I don't know why pero I don't feel relaxed. Pero massage is proven effective to increase blood circulation, stress relief, and of course relaxation. So if you feel that this works for you, feel free to do so.  ;)

Cocoyow

• Senior GirlTalker
  • mommy the explorer :p
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 09:52:49 PM »
Im on my mid 20s na, and now pa lang ako nagiisip na mag anti aging after i deliver my baby..

About tretinoin, cream ba yun, soap or what?

100%pure

• GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 10:08:48 PM »
Im on my mid 20s na, and now pa lang ako nagiisip na mag anti aging after i deliver my baby..

About tretinoin, cream ba yun, soap or what?

Hi sis Cocoyow! Tretinoin is a cream in a tube. It is a vitamin A derivative which is actually used to treat acne but has been proven to reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles and mottled skin discoloration, and to make rough facial skin feel smoother. Tretinoin increases skin-cell turnover, thus making your skin more supple and youthful. You can buy this over the counter with brands like Retin-A, STIEVA-A, and Retacnyl. It also comes in different strengths, 0.025%, 0.05%,  0.1% depending on your needs. 

Cocoyow

• Senior GirlTalker
  • mommy the explorer :p
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 10:24:34 PM »
^wow thanks sis, nasagot mo lahat ng question ko about tretinoin.. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.