Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 02 SEP 14
Record your baby's laughter. Play it whenever you're feeling the burn at work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Would you ever consider dating someone you don't like?  (Read 3299 times)

mimiku

• Junior GirlTalker
Would you ever consider dating someone you don't like?
« on: September 29, 2012, 09:54:16 PM »
Guys, just want to ask your POVs about this. You see, I've been asked a couple of times by guys I really don't like. I always refuse to date them because I find it a waste of time and effort (of course theirs as well) to try to establish some sort of connection to people you don't feel anything at all - not even a little spark. One of my friends said masyado daw akong mapili and all, and I should give them a chance. But the thing is, turn off ka na nga sa kanila, makikipagdate ka pa?

What do you think guys?

Ano ang gagawin niyo if given somebody ask you for a date but hindi niyo siya feel?

Thanks for your replies. :)
Sometimes Im terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts. Edgar Allan Poe

cosmic girl

• GirlTalker
Re: Would you ever consider dating someone you don't like?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 10:19:20 AM »
how come you dont want to date them? is it bcoz they're not that physically attractive to you? or they don't fall under your dreamboat boyfriend type?

"In the end, only 3 things matter the most: how fully you lived, how deeply you loved and how gracefully you let go of the things not meant for you"

krnmprl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:33:38 PM »
that is unfair for the person asking you out. baka umasa. these things cannot be forced. unless merong chemistry talaga or it's someone you admire (not necessarily attracted to pero hanga ka lang sa certain traits niya) i suggest not to date them.

you can be friends with them though. just hang out  :D

sacred cow

• Nice Asshole
  • GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
  • alpha fvcks, beta bvcks
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 02:18:16 AM »
It's your choice...mas prefer ko pa nga yun na diretso mag-no yung girl
Not sure about the mature part but I do know that women age faster than men

Women who are interested won't confuse you

What women say they want and what they actually want are often 2 different things

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 07:31:00 AM »

When I started dating this year, I had a couple of criteria before going out with a guy. Since I was new to this, I just looked at the status (dapat single) at educational attainment (ideally masters, college - depende sa course). 

Now that I have dated for almost 9 months (yey), I can say pahaba ng pahaba ang criteria ko. Kasi tama ka sis mimiku, sayang lang oras mo if he is not someone you would want to get to know. Pero at the same time, if you don't give yourself a chance to know him, baka you are letting go a golden  opportunity.

So for me, the key is balance.  Ang ma-suggest ko, kung hindi naman kasuklam suklam yung guy, give it a chance - at least 1 date.  And kung wala talaga. Stop from there.  What I did was 3 dates pa nga eh.  Pero wala talaga. And I make sure I offer to pay at times para hindi sya lagi nagbabayad at sabihin I just used him for free meals.  ;D  And be honest, para fair din naman sa guy. 

One time I dated this guy kasi sobrang mapursige sya. I also did not like him initially.  But guess what, after a couple of dates, I got to know him and was attracted to him also. Take note for girls kasi, sometimes hindi physical and hinahanap natin. It's the personality of the guy eh. Unlike for guys, mas malakas na factor ang physical appearance.

lonelymiss28

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 09:31:21 AM »
No!, i would tell them i'm busy and I have no time to go out which I really do.

hisana

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 10:23:46 AM »

Well, kung turned off na ako sa simula pa lang, I probably wouldn't. He should at least be someone I like as a person, kahit initially I don't see him as a future bf or wala pa kaming spark.
"All that is gold does not glitter; all that is long does not last; all that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past."

abuanddiego

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 10:45:13 AM »
ako, pihikan talaga when it comes to dealing with people, kaya umpisa pa lang na mafeel kong ayaw ko sa isang tao, eh ayaw ko talaga at hindi ako mapipilit. Gagawa ako ng rason like busy ako or di ako interesado sa dates. Hindi ko kasi kayang makipagplastican, kung ayaw ko ayaw ko sayo at lalabas talaga yun sa kilos ko, so maganda ng sa simula pa lang ay umiwas na ako.
Say it like you mean it!

lenjeearroyo24

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 06:24:02 PM »
yes, while some may bring you to a cheap-ass place but pick you up and take you home.

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 04:12:13 AM »
When I was still single, I would never go out with someone I didnt like (whether it be because of looks or what not). My emotions are very transparent on my face. Plus, sabe mo nga, waste of time.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

kiz_me1109

• Super GirlTalker
  • happy_mom_of_aidan
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 06:30:16 AM »
No. =) If I don't really like him, hindi ko na pahihirapan ang sarili ko and hindi ko na lolokohin or paasahin yung tao. =)

lenjeearroyo24

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 10:30:57 AM »
When I started dating this year, I had a couple of criteria before going out with a guy. Since I was new to this, I just looked at the status (dapat single) at educational attainment (ideally masters, college - depende sa course). 

Now that I have dated for almost 9 months (yey), I can say pahaba ng pahaba ang criteria ko. Kasi tama ka sis mimiku, sayang lang oras mo if he is not someone you would want to get to know. Pero at the same time, if you don't give yourself a chance to know him, baka you are letting go a golden  opportunity.

So for me, the key is balance.  Ang ma-suggest ko, kung hindi naman kasuklam suklam yung guy, give it a chance - at least 1 date.  And kung wala talaga. Stop from there.  What I did was 3 dates pa nga eh.  Pero wala talaga. And I make sure I offer to pay at times para hindi sya lagi nagbabayad at sabihin I just used him for free meals.  ;D  And be honest, para fair din naman sa guy. 

One time I dated this guy kasi sobrang mapursige sya. I also did not like him initially.  But guess what, after a couple of dates, I got to know him and was attracted to him also. Take note for girls kasi, sometimes hindi physical and hinahanap natin. It's the personality of the guy eh. Unlike for guys, mas malakas na factor ang physical appearance.

oo nga eh,personality issues are more important. one time i dated this guy that i don't like. i can't really focus on him and compliment him.kahit minsan, all he'll talk about is himself. i don't know why he don't get it when i'm not interested those things. i care more about how he treats me.

dulcette

• a little doll & a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • the little doll
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2012, 12:00:49 AM »
no! -- i've been asked on dates na a lot --- minsan nga even though alam nilang taken na ako. best be straight to the point, masakit din kasi sa lalaki na umasa :D

lenjeearroyo24

• GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2012, 08:56:29 AM »
if it's a blindate then they probably pick a middle-class resto or a hole in the wall in case the results turns out to be unfavorable.

caterpillar-girl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2012, 10:53:05 AM »
Well, kung turned off na ako sa simula pa lang, I probably wouldn't. He should at least be someone I like as a person, kahit initially I don't see him as a future bf or wala pa kaming spark.

Ditto. If at the start it's already "No chance in hell!", I wouldn't. But if he's somebody I like as a person, or someone I'd want as a friend, I would.

I went out with a guy I wasn't that interested in at first. He was ok naman, I just saw him as a brother lang talaga. We stopped dating after a while but we're still friends now and we're both in separate relationships. He still sends rakets along my way though, like clients he thinks I could tap, or people he thinks I might want to connect with. It's awesome and I'm glad I went out with him when I did.

"Like a bird on the wire / Like a drunk in a midnight choir / I have tried in my way to be free."

chicafabulosa

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 10:57:16 AM »
Nope of course I wont.. why?

1. It's a waste of my time
2. That date would be like a death sentence for me
3. I dont like to keep his hope high. (he might get the wrong signal)..
4. It's no brainer... why would you go out with people you dont like to begin with... Its like befriending some b**** you don't like..
A girl's most beautiful outfit is charisma, the prettiest accessory is smile, & the best pair of heels is confidence.

x-y

• RN, Skin Care Enthusiast
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I am not a heroine but I save lives.
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 11:02:35 PM »
Nope. Mahirap umarte na you are enjoying your time with him. Hahaha. And at the same time, unfair yun sa guy.

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 11:22:00 PM »
nope. waste of time.
#cantbuyclass

rhovinc

• GirlTalker
  • love to love and love
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 05:34:55 PM »
yes... give them a chance, malay mo naman.. thru conversing with him e, you'll find him interesting...

slurpee

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 10:22:44 PM »
Eh pano kung ganito: I've been going out with a guy for 2 months now. Sa totoo lang, good catch sya. Mabait, may magandang trabaho, may itsura, etc. I like him as a friend at nageenjoy din naman ako kausap sya. Kaso lang parang wala akong nararamdaman na spark/kilig. My friend said na mahirap makahanap ng disenteng lalaki na tulad nya, so ituloy ko lang daw ang pakikipag-date at bigyan daw ng chance. Does this fall under the category na "nagpapa-asa"? Yung tuloy lang ako sa pakikipag-date sa kanya pero parang wala namang kilig factor para sakin?

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.