Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 23 SEP 14
Traveling with baby at high altitudes (on an airplane or going through mountains)? Give him water to drink; swallowing will help him pop his ears.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Corner Lot  (Read 7896 times)

selyado

• GirlTalker
Corner Lot
« on: September 12, 2012, 07:53:35 PM »
I plan to buy a lot, it's a corner lot.  Nice location in a subdivision, wide road.  However there is an existing Meralco lightpost on the corner.  I think this will greatly affect the design/value of the house.  Is it possible to have the lightpost relocated?

chefron

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Corner Lot
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 08:10:07 PM »
I think That post is not IN your property.
It cant be move and i dont think it will affect your property's value.
EPHESIANS 2: 9

SALVATION IS NOT A REWARD FOR THE GOOD THINGS WE HAVE DONE, SO NONE OF US CAN BOAST ABOUT IT

selyado

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 08:36:10 PM »
I was thinking of putting the main entrance of the house on the corner.  But since there is an existing lightpost this would no longer be possible.  Corner lots are supposed to be of higher value because of the flexibility of having several choices sa entrance.

chefron

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 08:49:52 PM »
Since you said you plan to buy it, means di mo pa nabayaran, eh better choose from the subdivisions other inventory na lang

SALVATION IS NOT A REWARD FOR THE GOOD THINGS WE HAVE DONE, SO NONE OF US CAN BOAST ABOUT IT

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 09:16:44 PM »
^^If you're really decided to buy the lot and the design of your house calls for an entrance where the Meralco post is, you can have it relocated but it will take time and money. Hassle pa yan! This happened to my sis-in-law and she gave up having the post relocated. In short they just changed the house's entrance location. It's easier pa since paper lang katapat nila.

selyado

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 09:34:18 PM »
sayang naman kasi yung pagiging corner lot nya.  you're going to pay extra for that eh di sana malubos lubos na yung pagiging corner nya  :(  someone from meralco said pwede nga daw ipa relocate pero you will have to pay for the relocation. 

pagod na ako kakahanap ng lote.   so far this is the best location na nakita ko.  corner lot sya and wide road como bagong parte sya ng subdivision.

chefron

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 09:39:20 PM »
Sis mas madali pa if you will just change the location of the entrance. Hayaan mo yung architect/engineer mo ang mamublema ng design.

Or locate the entrance on the street with the wider road.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 02:15:09 AM »
^ agree

Our house now is on a corner lot. Yes, the advantage is - we have 2 entrances, a main 1 & the 1 we frequently use coz access to the basement parking & family areas don (at mas malapit to where the helpers stay)

Here in Greenhills East -- parang there is only 1 house on a corner lot with its entrance sa corner, SELYADO.  It looks cramped.  Kasi nga naman, , to widen it - it is gonna eat up a lot of space -- diagonal cut eh.  What most of us corner lot owners do is use the longest side to present a double-gate driveway main entrance.  double purpose pa --  it satisfies the village requirement for 5-meter set backs for parallel-to-street perimeters.   

What most of us do with the corner is to cut it diagonally so zero sharp corner & put a small garden there, - although you will have that continuous sidewalk gardens pa din on both streets...so, the corner really looks appealing inside & outside. 

selyado

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 04:45:08 AM »
sige na nga, no more corner entrance for me  :(

sana matuloy yung bentahan ng lote.  the owners kasi, husband and wife, are abroad.  ang SPA is luma na at the husband lang ang gibsung ng SPA for his parents to sell the lot.  eh si lawyer friend sabi dapat pati si wife may SPA din.  and should be authenticated ng embassy/consulate kung nasan man sila.  and syempre dapat 2012 ang SPA nila. 

my husband is also abroad at ganun din ang kailangan, SPA authenticated in the embassy.  kasi daw the money i am going to use to pay for the property is conjugal.  pati yung pag transfer ng title kailangan din SPA. 

basta, panira sa sight yung poste ng meralco sa corner  :P

eleynba

• Soon To Be SAHM...
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2012, 04:38:11 PM »
Sis, you can ask Meralco to relocate the post but for a fee :-)
Though 1 of my neighbor manage to do the relocation for free,
tinaray-tarayan daw nya ang Meralco office , hehe...
For corner lot design naman, based on my experience coz we got
2 corner lots, its more practical to have 2 entrance gate on both sides.
One for the main entrance and another as service entrance.
I am what I am and I live my life the way I see fit...

chefron

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2012, 10:15:40 PM »
Eleynba, Wow 2 corner lots, meaning either talikuran ang lot mo or both ends of the street sayo?

If there are existing homeowners already, transferring a post entails a lot of inconvenience on their part kase sila ang mawawalan ng kuryente hindi ikaw..besides i think you need to ask permission from the hoa tsaka mo sya ipapasa sa meralco.

Hindi ba kinda awkward if you use the corner end as gate or driveway? Especially if maliit lang ang lot?

eleynba

• Soon To Be SAHM...
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 11:55:30 PM »
Hi Chefron, Our 2 corner lots are situated in 2 different subdivisions.

I didnt ask the details about the Meralco post relocation but surely nailipat sya.
There are 3-4 lamp posts sa block ni neighbor and 1/3 of the whole block ay kanya
so nasa gitna ng property nya ang 1 lamp post.

Hindi naman awkward if nasa side yung driveway and entrance gate. 
IMO, maximize pa ang space.  Yun 1 lot namin is 100+ sqm lang pero 2 car garage
coz 1 car garage on each corner end. Yun 200+ sqm naman, 2 car garage pero
in 1 corner end lang.

chefron

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 03:30:02 AM »
Ang gusto kase ni thread starter eh yung tumbok mismo ng corner ang gagawing driveway, if so, at 100sqm thats going to cut the lot in thirds

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 04:41:33 AM »
ELYNBA, -- oh, that's a no-brainer, the post in the middle of the property -- the Meralco is obliged to move it.  Kami nga 1 fine day, we arrive from a trip & there is a Meralco line cutting in about 1 meter through our property.  I told our association GM to call Meralco & demand it be moved out in 24hrs. They did. 

The thing with posts -- it is generally a few meters from a corner.  . So if you want it moved away from you -- it means it will be moved across the street, to the nearest corner. Habang wala ka pang kapit bahay don, pagawa mo na, hehe

Ang gusto kase ni thread starter eh yung tumbok mismo ng corner ang gagawing driveway, if so, at 100sqm thats going to cut the lot in thirds

You are right there -- atchaka ubos ang lupa.  The required setbacks per the national code must be observed.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:45:47 AM by aquacharly »

eleynba

• Soon To Be SAHM...
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 08:30:18 AM »
Hi Aquacharly, ah hindi nakatayo ang post sa gitna ng 1 subdivision lot. Nasa side pa rin sya ng individual lot but it became nasa middle of the property nya ang post coz she owns 3 subdivision lots.

Hi Chefron, yup, baka maubos ang buildable space if maliit ang property and gagawin driveway ang corner
but we do not know the lot size and Selyado mentioned main entrance lang nman. Her preferred design
is doable, yun lang it takes a creative architect's mind and Meralco's cooperation for it to happen.

selyado

• GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 10:31:54 AM »
would you believe i still have not acquired this lot?  first was the SPA of the lot owners.  2010 pa yung SPA nila.  tapos when they sent another SPA eh wala man lang authentication from the embassy.  eh ayaw ni lawyer friend ng ganun, ni hindi man lang notarized yung pinadalang authorization.  at sabi pa eh kung ayaw ko daw nung pinadalang authorization eh di maghahanap na lang daw sila ng ibang buyers.  jusmio, ako pa takutin nila.  eh two years ng nasa market yung property di pa rin nabebenta!

so finally dumating ang SPA.  magbabayaran na kami ng reservation/earnest money.  aba ang amilyar at association fees nila libo libo ang arrears.  bayaran muna nila yun ano bago ako mag full payment.  may contract to sell naman na pipirmahan.  so game na.  ang broker suggested na mag double deed of sale.  gusto i declare lang ang zonal value para maliit daw bayaran na capital gains tax.  pak!  nakagalitan na naman ako ni lawyer friend.  gusto ko daw ba makasuhan ng tax evasion chorva???  stalemate na naman kami.  ayaw ng nanay ni seller magbayad ng malaking capital gains tax. 

i emailed the owners of the lot and kinwento ko buong storya.  baka di nila alam kung ano ano pinagsasa suggest ng broker.  unang reply was kung ayaw ko daw pumayag sa zonal value eh walang transaction na mangyayari.  naku ha, please lang.  hindi naman to die for yung lupa nila.  corner lot nga, maganda talaga at maaliwalas yung cut na yun pero i am also considering another lot na mas malaki at mas mura kaya wag nila ako takutin.

about to give up na sana and call the other broker when the owners emailed me and said upon the advice of their solictor (katumbas ng lawyer natin yun?) eh tama naman daw yung gusto ko mangyari.  so heto na.  abangan ang susunod na kabanata.

para hindi ma OT heto ang picture ng lote at ang mahiwagang mga poste ng pldt.  plural, tatlong poste ang nasasakupan ng lot:

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q132/selle318/pang%20upload/P1080729.jpg
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 09:45:20 AM by selyado »

selyado

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 10:34:46 AM »
the lot is 269 sqm.  one side measures 22 meters yata and the shorter side parang 14 meters dapat.  kaso yung kinain ng pldt post eh naging parang 12 meters na lang sya?  basta, parang ganyan yung dimensions nya.  dun sa other end ng lot may dalawa pang poste, isang pldt and meralco post.  pakyawan ng poste?  hahaha!  medyo sablay nga yung pldt post na nasa dulo kasi it is about 2-3 feet from the mujon.  so kung dun ang garahe ilalagay medyo alanganin.  dun sa tapat ng swing may dalawang post na nakatayo.  yung darker post is actually meralco's pero sakto sya nakatapat sa mujon kaya no problem.  yung pldt posts lang talaga ng di ko type ang location.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 10:40:19 AM by selyado »

selyado

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 10:43:23 AM »
this lot is in vista verde exe village in cainta.  yes, yung village na malapit ng palitan ng pangalan na Isla Verde Executive Village.  kaya ang bahay na ipatatayo ko dito eh mga one and a half meters ang taas.  yung garahe balak ko na ilagay dun sa side ng dalawang poste na street level lang.  tapos dun sa kabilang kalye eh magpapagawa ako ng rampa going up the lanai para may emergency parking ang mga caru pag nagbahaan.  i think i can afford to build a longer ramp dun sa longer side na yun kasi nga 22 meters ang haba nun. 

chefron

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 11:02:17 AM »
Sis if i may ask, why would you invest in a property that would eventually be flooded? Why waste your money and have a heartache in the future?

The post sa pinakakanto ng lot mo is a pldt post?kung pldt madali na siguro yan ipamove kesa meralco. Now yung likod ng lot mo is parang park na may poste ng meralco at pldt which kinain ang 2meters mo, maybe pwede mong ipabayad yan sa kanila? Clearly mali yung ginawa nila.

selyado

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 03:58:26 PM »
^sis, heto lang kasi ang afford ko na bilhin.  if i had the money eh di sana nasa ayala alabang na ako.  other option is antipolo kaso ayoko naman at sobrang layo na nun sa kabihasnan.  eh dito nga lang sa cainta kung luluwas ka ng makati almost 2 hours na byahe pag minalas ka.

in our 24 years here in this village thrice na kami nabaha.  first time was yung cherry hills.  second yung ondoy.  third nung habagat.  ang house namin kasi almost ka level lang ng sidewalk.  if our house was a few feet high eh di nung ondoy lang sana kami bumingo.   last week i met a contractor who's builiding his house here in the village, P10M na nagagastos daw nya sa bahay pa lang nya ha.  i asked him bakit dito nya napiling bumili ng lote.  he said na among the villages daw kasi in this area heto yung medyo tahimik at safe.  and very near the mall, grocery, simbahan, schools.  my husband wants me to look in antipolo.  why move to a place na hindi mo naman sigurado?  i mean, dito kasi alam mo na kung ano ang problema.  so try to work your way around the problem na lang.  para rin lang siguro na at least alam mo na kung sino kaaway mo.  mas mahirap yung moving into unfamiliar territory tapos di mo kilala makaka away mo.  hmm, strange analogy  :P

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.