Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 25 OCT 14
Want to get an edge at work? Attend seminars, immersions, and training sessions provided by your office to hone your skills.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Are you preparing your OLDER child/ren for your new baby?  (Read 2089 times)

mrs.S.

• S H A W T Y M◎mma ✿ L♡ving Wifey ✿ Air Hockey,Yoga,"List"-L♡vin' ✿ Kinda☺ DiY FaBu
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Destiny is the bridge you build to the one you LUV
Are you preparing your OLDER child/ren for your new baby?
« on: August 31, 2012, 01:49:42 AM »
My son is 6 now and IMO he is quite ready and has already a little grasp of having a new sibling. I will be having another boy and I sometimes get random inputs from my older son about my pregnancy and his baby brother ( so cute  ;D ).

HERE MY PREP;
I read to him a lot of books about having a new baby
I tell him he will share his room when the baby gets bigger ( we will also keep his clothes )
I also tell my son that he can help in taking care of the baby

Mga sis, are you doing some prepping too?

mai_mia

Re: Are you preparing your OLDER child/ren for your new baby?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 11:01:14 AM »
my daughter naman is 3 years and 9 mos old. by the time that i give birth on january she will be 4 years old na. my husband and i felt that she's ready for a new sibling na because she's constantly telling me and her dad to buy her a baby brother everytime we go to the mall. i recently bought a book about having a new sibling wrote by Maricel Laxa. pang kuya yung theme ng story so i just change it to ate na lang everytime i read her the story. my little girl is very very excited lalo na when i took her with me to one of my check ups and she heard the baby's heartbeat through a doppler. imma bring her with me too when i go to an ultrasound session. my only problem is what if we have a baby girl instead of a baby boy, because she prefers to have a baby brother. hmm, still a long way to go pa naman, i know i can still prepare her for that. :)

mrs.S.

• S H A W T Y M◎mma ✿ L♡ving Wifey ✿ Air Hockey,Yoga,"List"-L♡vin' ✿ Kinda☺ DiY FaBu
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 01:17:25 AM »
^thanks for sharing sis.

My son prefers a girl , opposite sa iniisip ko  :o na he wants a boy kasi boy din siya but  I tell him that it will be more fun kasi meron na maglalaro ng ibang toys niya and they can play too. ;D

Cocoyow

• Senior GirlTalker
  • mommy the explorer :p
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2012, 10:42:14 AM »
This is my dilemma now. My oldest is only 1.6 months.. Pinapalo nya tummy ko minsan, and minsan kinikiss nya.. im trying to bond with her. I gave her a baby toy and explain that her sister is coming and well take care of her. Hindi ko alam if naiintindihan nya na :(

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 12:27:35 PM »
I always make it a point to expose my kids to younger children and babies.  That way, when another is on the way -- it's no big deal. 

mrs.S.

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 02:47:22 AM »
This is my dilemma now. My oldest is only 1.6 months.. Pinapalo nya tummy ko minsan, and minsan kinikiss nya.. im trying to bond with her. I gave her a baby toy and explain that her sister is coming and well take care of her. Hindi ko alam if naiintindihan nya na :(

Continue lang sis kasi mapick up din niya kung ano yung sinasabi mo. Less than 2 yrs yung gap namin magkakapatid kung sumunod sa akin but I remember na even nung maliit kami parang nasa isip ko na yung "feeling ate" talaga.

I am reading a book "Twice Blessed" ngayon, maganda siya kasi they give advise on how to deal with succeeding pregnancies esp if you become a family of four which is what will be the head count of our family  ;D in the next 3 months

Cocoyow

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 08:05:34 AM »
^saan pwede mabili yung book sis? Halos sabay pala tayo manganganak :)

Shin019

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 12:48:47 PM »
our eldest is 2. as far as we can see, he is very excited naman for our baby. :)

mrs.S.

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 01:46:15 PM »
^saan pwede mabili yung book sis? Halos sabay pala tayo manganganak :)

Sis i borrow it here from the library the full name is Twice Blessed: Everything You Need To Know About Having A Second Child-- Preparing Yourself, Your Marriage, And Your Firstborn For A New Family Of Four by Joan LeOnard

Its a good read eventhough western culture based still helpful.

bibits

• happy and proud wife and mommy
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • thankful:)
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 05:12:14 PM »
Our daughter is excited sa magiging sister nya:)she's 4 yrs old now and kasama nga sya sa pagisip ng name for the baby. I just tell her there's a baby in my tummy and she's gonna be an ate soon. Kilig na kilig sya sa fact na magiging ate na sya. Pansin ko naman na very gentle sya when around babies/younger kids so hopefully pag dating ni baby sister ganun din sya

Cocoyow

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 09:40:01 AM »
^thanks sis mrs. s :)

teejiko

• Junior GirlTalker
    • A Wandering Mind
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 02:05:32 PM »
Wow ang babata pa ng mga eldest ninyo mga sis hehe. ako kasi 10 years old na :D my BF and I are planning to have a baby by next year and good thing excited din ang daughter ko magkaron ng kapatid :) Feel na feel niya maging ate hehe

ghye

• GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 05:07:19 PM »
my daughter was 3 years 6 months when I first told her that Mommy has a baby inside her tummy.  Bigla sya umalis sa tabi ko while saying "i don't like your baby". I can see that she feels jealous about it.  She used to be the family's baby kc but then nung nagkaroon sya mga pinsan, nabawasan attention sa kanya.  But I kept assuring her that she's my big baby girl even if I have a little baby inside my tummy.  For a week, ganun ng ganun sinasabi ko sa kanya hanggang sa na accpet na nya.  Every night before she sleeps she would hug and kiss my tummy for baby and when she wakes up in the morning.  There was even a time na sa tummy ko sya nakaunan, kahit sinsabi namin sa kanya to fix up kc d kami magkasya sa bed.  Sabi nya " tabi kami ni baby" and also she kept asking if boy or girl c baby.  Since I alwasy tell her na d pa natin alam ang ginawa nya, feeling nya kinakausap nya c baby.  Dinikit nya tenga nya sa tummy ko then after sabi nya, Mommy, the baby said she's a girl... ;D ;D
mom to my nieces and nephews and especially to my baby boy

vainwriter

• Wedding/Party Favors Crafter and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Live. Love. Laugh.
    • Aey's Party Favors
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 10:26:26 PM »
Nice thread :) Kami ni hubby prepped our son even before trying to conceive. We oriented him about having a sibling and roleplayed with his toys. When I became pregnant naexcite sya and now he always talks to my tummy :))

ayami

• happily married and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • 愛してる、ハ二ー!とても大好きよ。
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 04:40:15 PM »
Naku sa case namin di pa ata nagrasp ng 2- year old son ko na may kapatid na sya although verbally naman alam nya at sinasabi nya na si "baby brother" ay nasa tiyan ni mommy. We also tried showing him the vague ultrasound photos. Yesterday, binalak ko nga sya isama sa In My Womb, ayaw naman ng husband ko (KJ talaga). anyway, sa next ultrasound isasama ko siya nang makita nya kahit papano. Naiintindihan naman niya mga sinasabi namin so baka ito lalo na't may visuals, e mas matanggap na nya.

zee18

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 08:45:13 PM »
Sa case ko naman mga sis 3yrs and 3months old ang pnganay ko. Im due nxt month na. So far alam naman ng eldest ko na mgkaka baby sister na siya, she always touch my tummy at kiss niya palagi. Maingat din siya sa galaw niya parati ko nireremind na may baby sa loob ng tummy ko. Nakatulong din siguro [textspeak!] pagpapakita ko ng mga baby pictures niya while telling her na tapos na siya sa baby stage at Ate naman siya ngayon. Hehe kakatuwa lang kc naiintindihan niya.. Ata?? Hehe

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.