Posting just now my review regarding the suppliers I’ve used during our multiple events
(Baptism of my second son, 4th Birthday of my first son & our House Blessing).Venue
: Our own abode (Ponticelli Hills Subdvision, Molino 3, Bacoor, Cavite)
I do not know why but I’m so fascinated of organizing my kid’s party. Mommy mode much but I want the party to be the perfect as it can be. Although miles away from my beloved country Philippines, the technology made a big difference to organize my two son’s event.
Here’s my supplier for our multiple event that happened last 21 May 2011:
1. Invitation & Souvenir Tag – it’s a labor of love from Mommy. A DIY invites she created using Microsoft Publisher. Daddy & I bought the materials at Jarir Bookstore (Doha, Qatar).
2. Tarpaulin & Name tag – Mommy’s suking graphic artist from her hometown Meycauayan, Bulacan. The name of the supplier is JV Graphics situated at Maristel Commercial Building, Calvario, Meycauayan, Bulacan. JV Graphics was the one who created the tarpaulin used during Kuya Basti’s 1st, 2nd & 3rd birthday. JV Graphics can be reached via email email@example.com
or via mobile no. +639178244436.
3. Food – we’ve booked Verleo Catering last March 6. I’ve read lot of good reviews and recommendation from this catering company. Liezl is my main contact in Verleo. She’s the one I’m making “kulit” whenever I have some queries, suggestions or requests. She was able to provide feedback on tons of mails I had with Verleo; and that for me matters, superb customer service it is. Verleo’s package starts at 230/head for adult’s menu & 130/head for kid’s menu, minimum headcount should be 50 during off peak season & 100 during peak season. I’ve chosen the 290/head menu for adult & the 130/head menu for kids. I’m so thankful to them that they were able to waive my 12% VAT & lessen my transportation charge from 10,000 to 7,000. Kasi naman, they’ll be coming all the way from Malabon.
The foods that we’ve chosen are as follow:
• Adobo Rice
• Chicken ala Pobre
• Roast Porkloin
• Steamed Fish Fillet with Soy Sauce
• Lo Han Chay
• Fruit Salad
• Mango Crepe
• 2 Rounds of assorted softdrinks
• Mineral Water
• Spaghetti with meat sauce
• Chicken Drumsticks
• Pork Barbeque
• Leche Flan
• Mineral Water
Check out Verleo’s website at www.verleo.com
4. Lechon – my first choice is Elar’s but since they don’t deliver at Southern part of Manila I have to find other lechon supplier. It’s good that one of my sissies recommended Sabroso. Sabroso Lechon are easy to deal with. I’ve ordered the heaviest and the largest servings (good for 110 pax) of their lechon. What’s good about Sabroso is the used of native pig and their freebies. After placing an order with them, I’ve asked if they could provide me the two types of their “sawsawan” & if we can have “chicharon bulaklak” as freebies. For these two, they’ve agreed. Visit Sabroso Lechon on their facebook page (http://facebook.com/sabroso.lechon
) or their multiply site (http://lechonsabroso.multiply.com/
5. Cake/Cupcake – To remove the OOT (out of town) charge, I’ve searched for a cake/cupcake supplier that is within Bacoor, Cavite since this is where our event will happen. I’ve found out ProjectHappiness. Iris (the owner) replies to my query promptly. Ordered two fondant cakes – one for Kuya Basti & one for Saab plus 50 cupcakes. Kuya Basti’s cake theme as usual is hotwheels cars plus 25 pieces of cupcake themed hotwheels cars too. Ditto with Saab, I’ve ordered a fondant cake for him with a Christening theme plus 25 cupcakes with the same theme. I’m not so happy though because PH charged me a delivery charge of almost 600. Our place is just within Bacoor yet this amount for me is too high. According to some of my guest, the fondant cake is too sweet. I could not comment much because for me I just loved their cupcakes. Project Happiness has their Facebook page (http://facebook.com/phbakehouse
6. Photographer/Videographer – I’ve chosen John Aguas to do the P/V for our event. John is so easy to deal with. He came promptly to the church, he even made “angkas” to us from the church back to Ponticelli because our official transport wasn’t able to come back on time due to tremendous traffic. In a span of three days, the official photos of the event were delivered right in our home via Air21. What is missing though up to this time is the official video of the event. Although I’ve communicated to him that this should be delivered before my husband’s flight back to Doha, my husband hasn’t received any yet from John. You could judge his “photography skills” from the albums that I’ll soon post. Meanwhile, please visit John Aguas website to see more of his photos/videos (http://aguasphoto.multiply.com/
: John was able to manage sending it one day before my husband’s flight. Most probably getting his service again.
7. Party Host & Entertainment: I’ve wanted Jiggle the balloon lady but an untoward incident happened on her son and so I’ve asked Alex Lagula. But his TF is way above my budget. And so it ended up that I’ve booked a supplier within Cavite so that there will be no OOT charge. The name of the supplier is JeCas Clowns and I’ve availed a party host, magician and a face painter. Inclusive of the package are the following:
• Taglish hosting
• Master of the Game
• Advance magic show/ventriloquist/ puppet act
• Unlimited face painting for 3hrs
• 25 pcs. Balloon Twisting
• Use of sound system for 3 hours
JeCas was able to entertain not only our guest kids but also the adults. During my exchange of emails with them, I’ve given them an instruction of not to throw green jokes or making fun of anyone. Visit their multiply site to check what other service they can offer (http://jecas4clowns.multiply.com/
8. Guestbook – I’ve ordered an 8x8 20 pages photo guestbook courtesy of Creative Minds. The final output is indeed very good after having three revisions as per my request. Check out Creative Minds website at http://cre8tivemindsphotography.com/
9. Souvenir/Baptismal Candles/Game Prizes – courtesy of the ultimate bargain store, where else but “Divisoria”. Lovingly assembled by Mom’s family & relatives.