Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 01 NOV 14
Need a quick makeup fix? Use a tinted moisturizer to keep your skin fresh-looking when you're tired.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: changing names -legally.  (Read 2554 times)

taleebin

• Future Designer.
  • Senior GirlTalker
changing names -legally.
« on: July 31, 2012, 05:15:35 PM »
i just wanna ask if its ok to change one's name legally. what are the process and grounds? someone i know wants to change his name for personal reason. yung last name nya particularly. pwede po ba yun? ang alam ko lang kasi pag masyadong sorry for the term mabantot yung name pwede yung papalitan thanks in advance!

Alucard

• GUYTalker
  • GirlTalker
  • Daddy - GUYTalkers
Re: changing names -legally.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 12:35:44 PM »
yes pwedeng palitan pero super mahaba ang process. Also prepare at least 50k to 150k para sa lawyer mo. depende din kasi ang charge niyan.

taleebin

• Future Designer.
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 07:00:42 PM »
^ thanks for answering. I think my friend wants to change his last name. He wanted to use his mother's maiden name. Yun ang pagkakasabi nya sa akin. How long? Will it take a year or two? My mom din kasi had a prob with her name, iba yung sa birth nya at baptismal. Til now di parin maayos kasi sa province daw yun gagawin.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 05:39:39 AM by taleebin »

Alucard

• GUYTalker
  • GirlTalker
  • Daddy - GUYTalkers
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 07:09:17 AM »
No idea on how it would take pero I heard its a long process daw. Pero syempre its going to be worth it :)

Better din kasi since LEGAL age na ang friend mo. mas mapapadali rin ito kahit papaano.

Mas mahirap pag kids na wala pa sa Legal age. super haba ng process..

denny

• GirlTalker
  • love love.
    • houseandlotforsaleinquezoncity
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 07:17:11 PM »
medyo malaki pala ang gagastahin para dito,  thanks po sa info.
Signature edited.

stameygirl

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 06:16:36 PM »
If not typo error, court case yan. Anong ayaw nya sa surname niya?

Requirements for non-judicial :
http://www.manila.gov.ph/citycivilregistry.htm

There's also a new law:
http://www.gov.ph/2012/08/15/republic-act-no-10172/

taleebin

• Future Designer.
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 07:37:24 PM »
^ sa pagkakakwento nya, gusto nya gamitin ng yung middle name na maging last name. Alam ko may personal issue sya sa father nya kaya gusto nyang gawin yun. Although im convincing him na baka maresolve pa decided na sya kaya he's asking around. Whaddya mean sis naicocourt pa yun?

taleebin

• Future Designer.
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2012, 09:32:59 AM »
^ thanks sis. Hirap pala ng mga ganyan no? buti nalang din i named my son after my name. As for my friend, sasabihan ko nalang sya.

lawyer_mom

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 02:59:06 PM »
hindi pwede gamitin maiden name ng mother if the child is legitimate because that will convert the status of the child from legitimate to illegitimate. hindi rin pwede iadopt ng mother yung child unless the mother is annulled sa father. after annulment, pwede na iadopt ni mommy si baby. just like kris aquino wants to adopt bimby

mscuriosity

• A bubbly and a proud
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I want to hold you in my arms forever
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2012, 09:37:17 PM »
I think NSO released a new rule for changing of surname or sex. Kung yung surname eh nakakabawas ng dignidad ng isang tao i.e Bagonggahasa, *censored*, atbp. I think mabilis na ang process nyan sa NSO.

Check this site:

http://www.internetphilippines.com/nso-census/change-of-name-surname-in-nso-birth-certificate-fees-documents-required-forms-where-to-file-and-steps-to-undertake/
God's time is always PERFECT!

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones." Proverbs 15:30  ;) ;) ;)

dolcevitabebe

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 02:31:51 AM »

Hi. I have a concern too. My fiance has a different name from his birth certificate than the one on his school and employment and baptismal records. Example: his name sa birth certificate is JUAN MIGUEL(Juan is his father's first name but since of complications, his mom changed it to CARLOS MIGUEL instead) so now, all his school records, employment records and even his baptismal it states CARLOS MIGUEL but on his birth certificate its JUAN MIGUEL-- He wants to continue using CARLOS MIGUEL. Pano yun? What do we have to do? tnx

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 02:08:55 AM »
Hi. I have a concern too. My fiance has a different name from his birth certificate than the one on his school and employment and baptismal records. Example: his name sa birth certificate is JUAN MIGUEL(Juan is his father's first name but since of complications, his mom changed it to CARLOS MIGUEL instead) so now, all his school records, employment records and even his baptismal it states CARLOS MIGUEL but on his birth certificate its JUAN MIGUEL-- He wants to continue using CARLOS MIGUEL. Pano yun? What do we have to do? tnx

Same case.
Birth Cert - Mother's Surname
Baptismal - Father's Surname
All Other Records - Changed Surname
After the legalities, birth cert got annotated with Changed Surname and was able to get a passport na.
Integrity, Ethics, Etiquette...

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.