Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 19 APR 14
Is your beauty bag too bulky? Invest in lip-cheek-and-eye tints which are all-in-one kikay kits—no packing required!
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Thank You letter after job interview  (Read 1012 times)

yabbikins

• Works Hard. Shops Harder.
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Blog
Thank You letter after job interview
« on: July 11, 2012, 10:59:41 am »
Mga sis na HR/Interviewers, is sending thank you letters to your interviewers (if you know them or their email ads) an accepted practice in the philippines? Does it add value to the applicant?
And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways... - Edward Cullen

Priceless

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Thank You letter after job interview
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 02:12:05 pm »
I think a thank you note to interviewers is necessary because:

1. It shows gratitude, interest and courtesy. It also shows good breeding.
2. It's a way for them to remember you/keep you in mind. Appropriately worded, it would also give you the means to keep your foot in the door - tipo bang, "I hope to hear feedback from you regarding my application soon. I shall keep in touch to follow up on the status of my application..."
3. It gives you the opportunity to reiterate some points that were/were not covered in the application. For example, kung meron silang mga questions na hindi mo masyadong nasagot, pwede mong pahapyaw sagutin sa letter. (Mind you in the past hindi letters ang pinapadala ko, kungdi card).
4. It shows that you are thorough and you have attention to detail, lalo na kung natandaan mo lahat ng names ng tao na nag interview sa iyo. Kung maari, dapat may separate cards ka for every person who interviewed you, including the HR officer. At dapat speedmail/courier ang delivery ng card/letter mo para mabilis ang pag dating sa kanila...Kasi kung ordinary mail, baka mahalo sa mga sandamakmak na sulat na natatanggap ng mga HR/interviewer everyday. It should be personally/handwritten and should be longer than just "Thank You", but wag naman novela ang haba.

As someone who's done this before and who now is in a position to receive letters like this, it is very much appreciated and it does help the applicant (not necessarily secure the job directly, but gets him in a position where the interviewers/HR think/remember him/her).

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
FN's Top 10 SPF Beauty Picks for Summer 2014
These babies are mighty protectors from the sun's harmful UV rays.
5 Ways to Reflect and Meditate When You’re Time-Bound
Whether you have five minutes or five days, a breather from all the deadlines and meetings will do you good.
FNites! What Reminds You of Summer?
Send us a photo and we might feature it on the website!