Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 23 AUG 14
Skip the chips! Instead, dip carrots or celery sticks in low-fat dressing for your afternoon snack.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Manual or Automatic transmission?  (Read 8697 times)

elisah_b33

• Life is how you make it :)
  • GirlTalker
Manual or Automatic transmission?
« on: July 07, 2012, 02:22:44 PM »
Mga sis, I understand that cars w/automatic transmissions are okay for us ladies in terms of convenience, pero malaki ba difference in terms of maintenance cost and fuel consumption? :-\
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 02:27:47 PM by elisah_b33 »

shatz

• Senior GirlTalker
  • rOcK oN!!!
    • myblog
Re: Manual or Automatic transmission?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 09:12:02 PM »
^yes!

malakas sa gas ang AT
mas mahal maintenance AT,.

aka_formality

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 11:21:20 PM »
sa akin ok lang extra cost basta guaranteed naman ang comfort...kaya loyal ako sa automatic.

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 04:18:49 AM »
With the new cars, halos parehas na lang ang gas consumption ng manual and automatic cars.

I drive an automatic car, it's more comfortable for me and I like that I only worry about maneuvering my way into the the traffic. It's also a lot easier especially pag super slow traffic sa mga pataas na roads.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

Myealexis21

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 02:14:17 PM »
mas malakas nga daw consumption ng fuel kapag automatic yun ang sabi ng friend ko.

Pero di ako marunong magdrive ng manual so wala akong choice but to drive an automatic.  Parang nakakalito kapag manual dala, tapos mas nakakapagod ang daming kelangan tandaan. 
Trapped in between yesterday and forever

Prunella

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Meow?
    • Pretty Ugly
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2012, 02:33:25 PM »
Auto pa rin. I don't mind if it consumes more fuel. I'm afraid I'll get too distracted pag nag drive ako ng manual.

Myealexis21

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 02:48:09 PM »
^exactly Sis! yung pag switch ng gears pa lang nalilito na ako haha! tapos both your feet pa pagod kase may clutch.

But gusto ko rin matuto magdrive ng manual, just for the sake of knowing how to.  But if given a choice, automatic pa rin ako.

Trapped in between yesterday and forever

yezzi

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I M POSSIBLE
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 11:13:28 AM »
as they say " you're a good driver is you both know how to drive a manual and automatic"

but of course, how easy, convenient and worry free ang automatic than manual right? If i were to choose I want a/t of course. However, I want to learn as well how to drive a manual, I have a lil experience in manual I must say I'm quite good maneuver nalang problema ko nun 8) I still want to learn the m/t para I can drive both, I need to be versatile i'm a mother and passenger ko mostly my kids :)
love & get hurt, get hurt & learn, learn and love again :)

flutterfly

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 03:50:22 PM »
manual transmission ever since. been driving M/T for 7 yrs.

toothfairytales

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 09:51:38 AM »
^Me too! at hindi ako ibibili ng tatay ko ng automatic kasi mahal ang pagawa. hehe..sanay na din ako. minsan nagdrive ako ng automatic, naghahanap yung paa ko ng clutch ^___^

ysa.belle

• a mother, sister, daughter, wife and lover... oh and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • been there, done that...
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 03:30:37 PM »
I prefer M/T over A/T anytime.

I learned how to drive sa M/T and okay naman. Nakakangalay lang sa una but nasanay narin ako. Though comfortable i-drive and A/T, medyo magastos ang pagawa ng A/T eh.

The first time I drove a A/T, hinahanap ng paa ko yung clutch tapos lagi akong nakahawak sa shifting gear niya...
♥ Life is a journey from one point to another. You know where you will end up, but you don't know what route will get you there... ♥
 :)

shatz

• Senior GirlTalker
  • rOcK oN!!!
    • myblog
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 08:31:30 PM »
^ganyan din ako,.. kahit AT dala ko, nakahawak ako lagi sa kambyo,..

ysa.belle

• a mother, sister, daughter, wife and lover... oh and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • been there, done that...
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 09:03:50 PM »
mukha akong eng0t pag ganun. LOL!
♥ Life is a journey from one point to another. You know where you will end up, but you don't know what route will get you there... ♥
 :)

togikongpogi

• Probationary
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 01:49:00 AM »
Sa Pinas : mas maganda manual transmission kasi sa nature ng terrain natin, malubak, mabundok, may mga rough road, zigzag, etc.

Sa Dubai : automatic transmission kasi flat ang roads, di bumabaha, malapad kalsada at high speed andaran

JayLan

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 09:07:10 AM »
With the traffic here in pinas, I would suggest AT kahit medyo expensive maintenance compared to MT.

FieryAngel027

• Analyst, Running Enthusiast
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 09:29:30 AM »
I started with Manual, kaya I prefer M/T. :)

chicafabulosa

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 09:32:35 AM »
I first had M/T then because of increase of car volumes nowadays, I prefer to drive A/T. Dati ayos pa kasi ang sarap magdrive ng manual, di pa naman ganun ka traffic (90s). But now, hay pagod na pagod ka pag uwi mo kung manual ang ida drive mo. Kaya I prefer A/T mas mahal lang ang maintenance pero at least di na sumasakit legs ko sa traffic.
A girl's most beautiful outfit is charisma, the prettiest accessory is smile, & the best pair of heels is confidence.

FieryAngel027

• Analyst, Running Enthusiast
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 04:14:27 PM »
Agree. :)

cess

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 06:13:26 PM »
pag pagod na pagod nako, I prefer automatic pero pag cool lang, manual cars..
Pray, hope and don't worry

prettychestnut

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 08:07:42 PM »
When I was studying at A1, way back pa, my instructor told me that AT cars suited me best. Bakit daw? kasi sa manual, naninigas daw ako lol. based sa observation nya kasi on how i handle and drive manual car. =)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.