Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 21 OCT 14
Going swimsuit shopping? If you have wide shoulders, play up your torso with colorful bikini bottoms. A square neckline will also do wonders for your upper
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: 3D/Textured Wall  (Read 3747 times)

FoxyPhoenix

• GirlTalker
3D/Textured Wall
« on: July 03, 2012, 09:28:18 AM »
Anyone can share ideas/tips about 3D or Textured Walls?

How much?

Where to buy?

annajoy

• Wife.m0m.designer
  • GirlTalker

iamsuperizch

• Junior GirlTalker
  • interior designer + entrepreneur
    • 24 Interiors
Re: 3D/Textured Wall
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 06:20:06 AM »
^i saw your profile, very nice  ;) ano gamit nyo na software? sketch-up with Vray? Hindi ba mabagal mag-render?

another thing, hindi ba mamamaga yung MDF sa bathroom if you have for example a heater? The moist and heat may cause the MDF to expand? One of the engineers i dealt with before said that in an air conditioned room, as much as possible, don't use MDF 'coz it may absorb moisture and eventually expand kaya they use marine plywood instead. Based on your experience, possible ba talaga yun even if no direct contact with water?

For the thread starter, I like textured wall, it gives a different feel and interest into a space aside from wallpaper.  Aside from wall cladding/panels such as Ricad's MDF, there are also other materials you can use like textured laminates/HPL and Stampcrete on wall.  You can also use wood moldings and create an interesting patten on wall.
You can't have it all.

annajoy

• Wife.m0m.designer
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 09:27:57 AM »
salamat sis! nakita ko din mga projects mo ganda din! :)
sketch up with podium gamit ko kapag interior perspective. vray naman pag exterior nasanay lang ako ng ganun,mas mabilis vray kesa podium for me,it depends siguro sa specifications ng laptop/desktop. ;D

with regards to ricad panel,it is not advisable sa mga area na directly mababasa like shower area ;) pero according to our supplier it depends sa installation ng panel,when you buy the panel naka primer na sya then melamine yung likod nya if you want to put the panel sa wall like we did dapat may plywood kahit 1/4"backing pwede na & we use enamel paint 2-3 coats daw to resist water, as in you have to coat all sides!marami ding gumagamit ng MDF sa mga cabinet sa bathrooms but i prefer MR MDF (moisture resistant). In our case wala pang MR MDF na R DECO PANEL but my client insist talaga na she wanted ricad panel pati s T&B she likes the effect kasi,maganda naman talaga! as you can see halos sa lahat ng areas puro ricad  ;) sinabi naman namin na medyo delikado sa bathroom kaya we used glass partition na lang din to divide shower area sa lavatory,

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=201823733280324&set=a.201822139947150.42414.201802903282407&type=3
sa case na to may false column...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=201824509946913&set=a.201822139947150.42414.201802903282407&type=3

and sabi nya malalaki na daw anak nya kaya di na maglalaro ng water  :D ok lang yung talsik talsik from lavatory kasi painted naman siya,wag lang mababad as in lubog sa tubig kasi di ba MDF is parang kusot yun ang sigurado masisira.
Possible siya gamitin sa bathroom basta maayos ang installation. :)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 10:13:58 AM by annajoy »

iamsuperizch

• Junior GirlTalker
  • interior designer + entrepreneur
    • 24 Interiors
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 10:59:55 AM »
^that's good to know. I also used Ricad but sa Living area (tagaytay project) lang.  Thanks sa new knowledge about MDF decorative panel for bathrooms  ;)

You can also check Felport International (aka Surface in home depots) for made-to-order cut-out tiles for bathrooms or accent walls.  They can also simulate decorative wall panels.  Visit their main office at:
1577 G. Araneta Ave., Quezon City, Metro Manila,
(632) 362-9800 / 9804 / 9806 / 9807
for samples.  Limited kasi yung display nila sa home depots.
They have a wide range of tiles from china, malaysian (i think) and italian tiles.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 11:15:08 AM by iamsuperizch »
You can't have it all.

hersmart4ever

• Filmmaker, Life Coach, Tarot Reader, Businesswoman
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Psychic, Palm Reader, Tarot Reader & Paranormal Investigator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 11:07:57 PM »
I can refer someone who can manufacture this kind of wall.
My Wish is the Command of the Universe

mrscardenas2011

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 01:44:16 PM »
Any update on makers of this?
Naginquire ako sa TWP Trading, ganon ba talaga yun? Hindi sila ngpprovide ng installation service?  :o
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:38:31 PM by mrscardenas2011 »

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.