Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 01 NOV 14
Need a quick makeup fix? Use a tinted moisturizer to keep your skin fresh-looking when you're tired.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Laser Hair Removal (Part 14) - see 1st page for INFO/Contact Info/Pricelist  (Read 91321 times)

marienmarien

• Junior GirlTalker
Sis saint_sinner, mas mataas sa 20 fluence ang ginagawa ng derma ko and mas marami clicks.

Saint_Sinner

• Junior GirlTalker
Sis saint_sinner, mas mataas sa 20 fluence ang ginagawa ng derma ko and mas marami clicks.

sis ano pong fluence yung sa inyo? tsaka ilang clicks? Thanks.

I'll monitor my ua hair growth tapos inform ko yung naglaser sa akin sa 2nd session ko.

Bhabes_hots

• GirlTalker
hi sisses! Grabe i just found out about the promos of skin station and its super low ha. Are they using diode ba talaga? Actually i also inquired with them before because may promo din sila last year but myfriend said ingat daw ako kasi nakasunog na daw sila before. Yikes! Ayaw ko yun. Sa legs pa ata yun. So i wanted to be sure kaya i went to facial care for laser. They are known for that naman before pa.

now im almost hairless na. I have booster shots with them  once in a while for my underarms. Plus they gave me a good price for my boostershots.

nicoletta

• Super GirlTalker
  • donna fenomenale
Saint_sinner

20 fluence is a good number to start with the session. My derma was more conservative, she started at 18 na fluence pa nga ata :) The most important thing when you go back for your second session is to make sure nadadaan buong underarms mo twice or thrice. I think depende yan sa size Ng underarms mo, if you are a big girl, you will most likely get more shots.

As for the burnt smell, normal yan for lightsheer na older model. Parang there was no burnt smell with the lightsheer duet, and even now, with the soprano xl with skin house clinic.

I'm sure the therapist shaved your underarms, with the older lightsheer, the hair pops out kasi. The pain is tolerable naman diba?

Bhabes_hots

I'm not sure about the burn incident with skin station which is the former Godiva, and I've read a lot of negative feedbacks when they were still offering ipl.

You can try the clinic I go to if you went to facial care center. I'm getting good results with the diode laser, same machine FCC is using.
Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into. There's no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen.

loball

• Senior GirlTalker
I had my 1st session of LHR sa LFI kanina. LightSheer daw gamit nila.

Just wondering if these are normal:
I guess 20 yung fluence. Basta dun sa screen 20 yung nakita ko.
For my left ua 66 clicks, sa right naman 71.

Hindi po ba masyadong konti yung clicks nya?

It was kinda painful lalo na kasi coarse talaga ua hair ko (mabalbon din kasi ako). Pero may parts na halos wala ako mafeel, siguro sa bandang gilid lang ng ua ko yon, wala masyadong hair or walang hair at all.

Also noticed na habang nile-laser ako, as in nangangamoy sunog na buhok. May mga parts sa right ua ko na hindi ata masyadong na shave at may maliliit na hair pa, tried to pull two pero ang daling natanggal. Ano pong gagawin ko don? ok lang tanggalin or hayaan ko nalang?
And so far, sobrang dami parin ng chicken skin. Sana eventually mawala din to.

Nung nagpa-UA LHR ako using LightSheer diode 8 years ago (not at LFI), the derma started at fluence 20 or 21 I think. For my 2nd, 3rd, 4th sessions, I think she increased it to fluence 23 or 24. I think depende din yun sa skin color of a particular area. 2-3 passes ang ginawa sa kin. Don't know with the number of clicks, just make sure more than one pass ang gawin sayo. Yes amoy sunog na buhok nga! Hayaan mo na lang yung hair coz the hair will shed eventually. Just don't wax or pluck in-between treatments para mas effective LHR sessions mo ;)

Saint_Sinner

• Junior GirlTalker
Nung nagpa-UA LHR ako using LightSheer diode 8 years ago (not at LFI), the derma started at fluence 20 or 21 I think. For my 2nd, 3rd, 4th sessions, I think she increased it to fluence 23 or 24. I think depende din yun sa skin color of a particular area. 2-3 passes ang ginawa sa kin. Don't know with the number of clicks, just make sure more than one pass ang gawin sayo. Yes amoy sunog na buhok nga! Hayaan mo na lang yung hair coz the hair will shed eventually. Just don't wax or pluck in-between treatments para mas effective LHR sessions mo ;)

yes sis, inulit ulit naman yung paglaser sa ua ko, i guess especially sa mga parts na mas madami yung hair. Sis sabi nung naglaser sa akin, mga after 3 days may tutubo pero madaling bunutin, yun ba yung magshe-shed on its own?

Saint_sinner

20 fluence is a good number to start with the session. My derma was more conservative, she started at 18 na fluence pa nga ata :) The most important thing when you go back for your second session is to make sure nadadaan buong underarms mo twice or thrice. I think depende yan sa size Ng underarms mo, if you are a big girl, you will most likely get more shots.

As for the burnt smell, normal yan for lightsheer na older model. Parang there was no burnt smell with the lightsheer duet, and even now, with the soprano xl with skin house clinic.

I'm sure the therapist shaved your underarms, with the older lightsheer, the hair pops out kasi. The pain is tolerable naman diba?

Bhabes_hots

I'm not sure about the burn incident with skin station which is the former Godiva, and I've read a lot of negative feedbacks when they were still offering ipl.

You can try the clinic I go to if you went to facial care center. I'm getting good results with the diode laser, same machine FCC is using.

Yes sis, she shaved my ua. Pero napansin ko lang, after my 1st session, may mga parts sa ua ko na may block dots. hair sila na baka di na shave ng maayos. kaninang umaga pansin ko mas madami na sila than yesterday (kahapon ako nagpa laser). Tolerable naman yung pain, actually hinahanap ko na ata. I'm so excited na for my second session, though hindi ko  alam kung kelan tutubo lahat.

loball

• Senior GirlTalker
^Yup sis. But in my case, after more than a week pa nag-start mag-shed hair ko.

brattinella

• Super GirlTalker
@Saint_Sinner

fluence = power / pulse of energy  per area... this is necessary to cause follicular damage. for permanent hair reduction, the settings used should be the highest your skin can tolerate... the higher the fluence, the better because it will be able to damage the hair follicles.... but if your skin can't tolerate it, it will get burnt... so a doctor which is a trained laser technician should be the one doing the treatments

the dots that you are seeing are pepper spots... this is a normal side effect & will eventually go away... but it will take some time... you can help hasten the removal by exfoliating your ua regularly 

;)

Saint_Sinner

• Junior GirlTalker
@Saint_Sinner

fluence = power / pulse of energy  per area... this is necessary to cause follicular damage. for permanent hair reduction, the settings used should be the highest your skin can tolerate... the higher the fluence, the better because it will be able to damage the hair follicles.... but if your skin can't tolerate it, it will get burnt... so a doctor which is a trained laser technician should be the one doing the treatments

the dots that you are seeing are pepper spots... this is a normal side effect & will eventually go away... but it will take some time... you can help hasten the removal by exfoliating your ua regularly 

;)

^Yup sis. But in my case, after more than a week pa nag-start mag-shed hair ko.

thank you sissies.  very helpful talaga mga replies nyo. maybe i'll start din mag ipon ng pictures at pag satisfied nako, i'll try to post some.

marienmarien

• Junior GirlTalker
Sis saint_Sinner, yon fluence sa akin is 22 and 75 clicks each armpit.

mocha1209

• Aspiring Flight Attendant
  • Junior GirlTalker
mga sis i need help. First time ko kasi magpa laser. today is my 10th day na. I'm guilty cause I pulled the hairs in my ua ,the one that can be easily pulled using my hands. pero may iba na ayaw ma pull and  they're still thick hairs and medyo mahahaba na. what to do :(
Never Give Up!

nicoletta

• Super GirlTalker
  • donna fenomenale
Saint_sinner
That's fine. Don't be worried, after a week, your hair will shed.

Mocha1209
Guilty as charged :) I too, get tempted at times, to pull out the hair if sasama. Ok Lang naman yan. I do Brazilian lhr kasi. Super nipis na Ng hair ko, I hope I don't need to go through more so I can do other beauty preps for my big day.
Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into. There's no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love. There is only a scarcity of resolve to make it happen.

brattinella

• Super GirlTalker
@mocha1209 those are the hair that has been zapped by laser... the hair that you can pull off... those that you can't are the ones that are not yet zapped by laser... they may be inactive during the time that you had laser... that's what will be targeted on your next session   ;)

khaesj

• Junior GirlTalker
Cant wait for my 2nd session ng LHR with dra martires, dapat talaga nun monday ako papa laser, sabay na din ng monthly cleaning ko. Pero sabi niya onti pa lang hair, sayang naman daw kung mag llaser kame. So balik ako after 2 weeks.  :)

Dhara

• Probationary
pahelp naman mga sis. What's the best thing to do lighten ua in between sessions of lhr? I just had my first ever ua lhr a week ago and i need to achieve a hair free white ua for barely 6 months before my big day. What can you suggest I do mga sis? (sorry baka ot?)

khaesj

• Junior GirlTalker
(OT yata) ^^ Sis ask your derma if you can do UA peeling in between sessions.  :)

Dhara

• Probationary
^had ua lhr kasi sa skin station and i've notice yung medyo pagdarken ng ua ko just a day after. It's diode they say so painless nman sa ua. Kaso sa brazilian lhr nila same machine pero i felt yung init and may slight sting. Ang sakit sa first part pero nung sa kabila na sya many short clicks na ginawa nya so wala na akong pain na naramdaman. It's been a week still no signs of shedding. What do you advice me to do mga sis? :/

BacMook

• A S U P E R C A L I F R A G I L I S T I C E X P I A L I D O C I U O S
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Life's good.
Mga sis wala  ba kayong voucher dyan for unlimited LHR?  :)

odetskie

• Junior GirlTalker
Magandang source of information on laser hair removal from this blog:

http://skinstationdermax.blogspot.com/2012_06_01_archive.html

cherry*coke

• antukin na
  • Senior GirlTalker
has anybody heard about flash n go? it's a permanent hair removal device you use on your own.  i've read good reviews about it. it costs like $299.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.