Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 25 APR 14
Encourage team work by building good relationships with your co-workers. A team that works well together progresses together.
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Bitter taste in mouth  (Read 716 times)

wastedchiq

• Rocker chic, Mental patient & a
  • Super GirlTalker
Bitter taste in mouth
« on: May 25, 2012, 11:06:30 PM »
So my mom has a bitter/strange taste in her mouth, which makes her don't want to eat anything anymore. That and whenever she eats, she goes straight to the bathroom. This has been going on for quite a while, 6 months maybe, but according to the doctors, everything's okay with her - which I kinda don't believe.

She's been really weird lately as well, forgets things easily, experience mental blocks and she has trouble concentrating. I think she's going through menopausal stage, and I'm wondering if it has something to do with it?

I told her to go see a doc, but what kind of doc should she see? Inputs are appreciated, TIA!

I know more love in one homecoming than most people know in a lifetime...

doctor_betty

• GirlTalker
  • Shopping makes the world go round
Re: Bitter taste in mouth
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 03:34:01 PM »
If the bitter taste in mouth is accompanied by epigastric pain and heartburn (sensation na parang umiinit the chest). And for some patients, they feel na talagang umaakyat the acid from the stomach to the chest and sa mouth sometimes described as acidic/bitter taste. Then I think your mom has Acid Peptic Disease. What happens is because of overproduction of acid in the stomach (caffeine, soda, citrus, chocolate, dairy products, super sour and super spicy food are the common culprit) which causes the LES (lower esophageal sphincter) to lax thereby making the gastric contents spill /go up the gastrointestinal tract (kaya may sensation ng epigastric pain, heartburn, and acid/bitter taste in mouth).

Treatment is PPIs like Pantoprazole 40mg / Omeprazole 20mg once a days 30 mins prior to first meal for 2 weeks. Then symptoms are re-assesed after 2 weeks. And more importantly, avoid food/beverage listed above.

Hope this helps:)
You are born an original. Don't die a copy.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
What Would You Do Kung Ikaw ang the Legal Wife?
Would you stay or would you leave?
10 Signs You Need a Diet Makeover
When your body talks, you need to listen.
10 Celebrity Holy Week Destinations
How did these stars spend their long vacays?
Be The Fairest of Them All: 5 Ways You Can Get Whiter Underarms
Discover the power of these whitening solutions for yourself!