Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 25 OCT 14
Want to get an edge at work? Attend seminars, immersions, and training sessions provided by your office to hone your skills.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Oman  (Read 1605 times)

mameejhy

• SuperMAMEE!
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Mamee + Babee Bookworms
Oman
« on: May 19, 2012, 07:44:40 AM »
Who's been to Oman? How was the place? Are there many sight-seeing sites and activities to do? I know that there are museums and a couple of beach resorts but the resorts are located in another area - a plane away area far from Muscat (capital).

Fyi, we are a family which includes 3 kids (almost 2, 4 & 7yrs).

Please share, thanks.  :)

badmonkey

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Oman
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 12:37:23 PM »
I am based here in Oman.

Where are you coming from? What activities you want to do?

April-August is not the best time to come here for tourism. The weather is so hot because it is summer time here. Expect a temperature of more than 30deg day and night time. There are a lot of place to see like museums, forts, castles, and beach. You don't need to take a plane ride to experience a good beach unless you really want to visit Salalah which is also a tourist destination here.

mameejhy

• SuperMAMEE!
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Mamee + Babee Bookworms
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 09:33:13 PM »
^Hi! We are based in Qatar. :)

Para din palang Qatar ang temperature dyan (sabagay, Middle East country pareho ;D ). Sis, how about Feb-Mar - ok ba ang temperature dyan?

Thanks. :)

badmonkey

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 02:25:26 AM »
^Feb-Mar is a much better time to come here. Malamig ang weather. :)

Kamusta ang weather dyan? Here it doesn't go below 34deg day and night. Luckily, I will be on vacation. :)

wowry

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm so FLY!
    • DJ JAVA
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 05:19:38 AM »
I've got omani friends and they told me salalah is a bit overrated kasi nga maganda rin naman beaches in Muscat. Been there few times but mostly one day stay lang so no time toreally see the place but driving through i'm amazed sa sceneries :) beautiful country i believe, also they say omaniis one of the nicest arabs :) Last year or last last year me and my hubby went there for 3 days.sumabit lang ako kasi he had a gig there hehe. there was a beach party in oman dive center and he was one of the guest dj. so after the party, one of the organizer owned a boat and we did island hopping and swam in the middle of the sea. Amazing experience. Hopefully matuloy ulit hubby ko this month sasabit ako ulit if i'm off hehe
"I am not young but I feel young. The day I feel old, I will go to bed and stay there..I feel that to live is a wonderful thing" Coco Chanel
https://www.facebook.com/pages/DJ-Java/57240247047?ref_type=bookmark

berrycherry

• Junior GirlTalker
  • i love berries...
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »
madami din ba pwede pasyalan especially if you have kids? thanks?
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. --coco chanel

berrycherry

• Junior GirlTalker
  • i love berries...
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 01:00:50 AM »
ano magandang pasyalan dito?thanks
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. --coco chanel

virgie16

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 11:12:08 PM »
mga sis question naman.is it safe to go to muscat alone?
i mean just for sight seeing.at ano yung pinaka must see lang.im here in dubai right now so plan kong pumunta kahit daytrip lang if possible.thanks!!
May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be

axlrocksmyworld

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 03:20:28 PM »
subscribing to this thread..
hindi pala pwede ang Skype sa Oman, panu na? baka kasi bago matapos ang taon nasa Oman na ako..

princessrio

• Super GirlTalker
  • God has given me the best gifts...
    • Our road 2 forever
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2014, 06:02:13 AM »
^blocker lang katapat nyan  :)
my husband and son are my life <3

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.