Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 31 JUL 14
Eat slowly. It's good for better digestion--it will help you enjoy your food more too!
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: NORWAY  (Read 6428 times)

christinep_111187

• student of LIFE. RN. TSR. and a brandnew WIFE :)
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • No one is in control of your happiness but YOU:)
NORWAY
« on: May 17, 2012, 08:19:07 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning to go to Norway to work. My friend is working there and offered help.
Anyone here who tried to apply for visa? What is the easiest way? Help please. Thanks
You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll end up right where you're meant to be. ♥♥♥

bajesara

• Probationary
Re: NORWAY
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 10:13:02 AM »
hi christinep

I'm also going to Norway this June 1st. I'm under job seekers visa - it is visa that will allow you to stay in Norway for 3-6 months to look for a job, like temporary residency. I applied for it through web, scheduled an appointment in the embassy to pass all my documents. Luckily I'm able to  get an entry visa for 7 days. The embassy has instructed me that from Norway I can get the visa by showing up in the police station. Hopefully I'm able to get the 6 months.

for the full details pls refer to http://www.udi.no/Norwegian-Directorate-of-Immigration/Central-topics/Work-and-residence/Apply-for-a-residence-permit/Skilled-jobseekers/

I'm landing on Stavanger. I don't know anyone from Stavanger. Just recently I found out that there's a filipino mass in the church. I dont think I wont be having any problem in making friends.

christinep_111187

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 09:13:29 AM »
Wow sis! lapit na alis mo! goodluck sis :)
Nurse ka b sis? kumuha ka pa authorisation sa SAFH?

Im happy fo you! go! go! go! :)
You may not end up where you thought you'd be, but you'll end up right where you're meant to be. ♥♥♥

bajesara

• Probationary
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 11:17:56 AM »
Hi chris,

Hindi ako nurse. IT ako. Gurl I push through mo yan pagpunta mo Norway.
Lalo pat may friend ka don na willing to help.
Ako nga kinakabahan kc Wala ako kakilala. I'm on my own pray nlng talaga

Gurl about sa pm mo. Dito kc ako apply sa abu dhabi embassy
Wala tanong. Tapos show money nasa link din na share ko seo
Requirements checklist. Pro yon saken show ko 70k aed

Online application cla

christinep_111187

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 11:57:11 AM »
Ok sis. lapit ka na umalis! naeexcite ako sayo :)
OO nga tutuloy ko naman talaga sis wait ko lang yung passport ko ng pa renew kase ko tapos start nako process :)

Balitaan mko sis ah! lalo ko na mmotivate sayo eh! Go! :)
Pray ka lang! kaya mo yan! maganda dun. Mag aral ka ng language, dami sa you tube.
Nakikinig lang ako dun eh, natuto naman ako pero plano ko rin ma enroll talaga :)

adikako

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2012, 06:30:57 PM »
hi sis,

thank god i stumble into this forum. Glad to hear bajesara, it's good to know ur from UAE. dito rin kasi ako naka base.

Ano ba mga work sa Norway?

Goodluck sayo! and update mo kami!

adikako

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 06:57:31 PM »
pwede ba mag apply as AU PAIR, with job seekers visa?

miksha

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 08:59:41 PM »
kumusta ang norway for families? hindi kase siya as popular as other countries like NZ, australia, canada,etc.. mga madalas puntahan nang mga pinoy for immigration. Maganda ba dalhin ang family diyan like - education, fmaily-oriented ba sila, how are the people, etc...

rainebowbrite

• enjoying being a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • well well well
    • wanderlust
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 09:39:41 AM »
Ano po type of work na pwede makuha sa Norway? I'm a project coordinator kasi so no real specialization like IT or Engineering.

tinkypink011

• GirlTalker
  • :)
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 12:06:25 PM »
mga sis!:) i've seen jobs for live in caregivers or aupairs for norway, legit kaya un? my ideas kayo where maka apply for norway?:)

Englemamma

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 08:47:55 PM »
Hi mga Sis! Wow ang daming gustong mag-try ditto sa Norway! That's really nice.
I've been living here in Norway for 9 years now. My hubby is Norwegian but I met him while I'm working in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia and we move from Riyadh to Norway.

As for visiting Norway or applying for a job seeker visa, I suggest research or google niyo ang visit Norway or Norway embassy Philippines. Dun makita nyo requirements for applying a visa. Kung balak niyo mag work dito suggestion ko ay mag-aral na kayo Kaagad ng  norsk/Norwegian language.

Good luck!

christinep_111187

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 09:30:23 PM »
Ang laki naman kase ng show money sis 800k kaya naudlot yung pag nnorway ko. hehe

blow_fish

• you gotta be!
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • twitt me @jeespot
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »
bajesara ang galing kaya lang ang laki ng show money...  are you in Norway na?
► Play the moments ▌▌ Pause the memories ■ Stop the pain ◄◄ Rewind the happiness.

Englemamma

• GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 06:09:01 AM »
kumusta ang norway for families? hindi kase siya as popular as other countries like NZ, australia, canada,etc.. mga madalas puntahan nang mga pinoy for immigration. Maganda ba dalhin ang family diyan like - education, fmaily-oriented ba sila, how are the people, etc...

Norway is very family oriented country. In fact, mas maganda ang maternity benefit dito compared to those countries you mentioned. Maternity leave is 57 weeks for 80% salary paid or 47 weeks for 100% fully paid salary. We have a national mandatory vacation leave of 25days. At sick leave walang limit. Free hospitalization wala naman kasing private hospital dito. Health insurance is fully covered by the govt. Pati pagbuntis at manganak libre lahat from prenatal to birth to pedia pa. Schools are free until university PhD level. In other words libre lahat and pag aaral. It's one of the richest country in the world so you can expect very good public service. Children are their top priority. Their core value is that all children deserves to have a good childhood and that means giving them good education, healthcare & social support.

Those are the pros...the cons. It's a real challenge to get integrated in the Norwegian society. If you want to live here then you need to speak their language & know their culture. Therefore to get a permanent resident visa you'll need to pass the language test. It's the most expensive country in Europe. You will have to find a proper paying job to make ends meet.

Professions or jobs here. Most Norwegians are engineers & IT. So  they lack people in finance, healthcare, infrastructure & the usual odd jobs like cleaners & helpers. But the first qualification to get into these jobs is that you speak Norwegian. It took me 3 years to get a job in my finance field, I'm a financial analyst, that's coz I need to learn the language & being a critic of myself I studied for 2.5 years and needed to be fluent before I could say I really know the language :)

I hope I was able to answer some of the questions you all have in mind.

Good luck!

mishyewarians

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 02:01:53 PM »
My friends' families are there.. Then kakaalis lang nung isa ko pa friend na nurse din, my other friend naman still studying norsk somewhere in pasig, 45k tuition fee nya, waiting for visa approval na sya..kaya im thinking of going there na rin kasi malaki sweldo and ang bilis nakuha ng friend ko yung family nya, more than a year pa lang sya don nakuha na nya..

Isip pa ko nang mabuti since i have 2 kids na.. Parang nakakalungkot iwan sila.. :( talaga bang madali lang sila makuha if ever? Im a nurse, madali lang ba sis makahanap ng work doon? I should study first norsk lang para mas madali daw makahanap work sabi ng friends ko..

Englemamma

• GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 07:56:37 PM »
Hi Sis mishyewarians, yeah dapat muna mag aral ng Norwegian language coz it will pay off pag punta mo rito. Yes madali rin makuha ang family kapag nakakuha ka na ng job. Like I said family oriented ang Norway so they prefer na ma-reunite ka Kaagad with your family so as soon as naging permanent ka na sa work mo pwede mo na sila kunin. I suggest pag aralin mo na rin ng Norwegian hubby mo para madali din siya makakuha ng job dito. normally a year after you landed here in Norway at naging permanent ka Kaagad sa work eh makuha mo na Kaagad ang family mo.
Madali ma permanent sa work if you land a job in nursing homes or home for the old people. From there kapag Nakuha mo na family mo then you can study & work towards being a Norwegian registered nurse. Mga 2 years I think to finished that with a series of exams. But a lot of nurses did that and sa Dali ng takbo ng panahon eh natapos rin nila. Kung ang purpose mo is to stay here permanently 2 years is not that long.
I suggest magpaturo ka at Patulong ka sa friend mo. I also know 3 nurses dito na Nakuha family nila in just one year Lang.
Good luck Sis!

cheskacruz

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I Love My Adorable Kids "Mat, Franco & Lucas"!
    • Mommy Cheska and The Tres Barakos
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 08:06:07 PM »
Maganda sa Norway based from my Norwegian officemates. Ngayon naman, ang daming Norwegians dito sa amin, lahat sila from Norway and dito sila nagwowork, they are all nice. Malalaki ang sweldo nila here. Meron din kaming mga pure Filipinos na dun laki sa Norway, some half, pero dapat Norwegian speaking talaga. Nakakatuwa lang mababait sila, na-share ko lang although the other way around yung kwento ko. hehe.  ;D
Think before you talk. Think before you click.
Treasure Box Photo Booth

Englemamma

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 08:37:26 PM »
Sis cheskacruz your officemates are Scandinavians & they believe the "Janteloven" pronounced as Yantelooven.  In other words they will always say maganda sa Norway :) That's a common joke here in Norway. Lalo na kapag pure good things Lang sinasabi nila about their own country :) why don't you ask them to explain to you Janteloven & look at their reaction :)
They have to have good salary to work there, first of all nakakawindang ang tax dito. I myself pay 40% tax. Minimum wage here is about 300k NOrwegian kroner a year. That is about 2.1Mpesos a year at minimum wage Lang yan...you can't live by that salary kapag family kayo. Kung single ka Medyo okay na yan. If they are paying taxes here in Norway while working abroad then the salary should really be appealing otherwise there's no point to work abroad for them.
But one thing is for sure, Norwegians has good heart. Mababait sila talaga. And they are so trustful Kasi they don't believe in evil in this world. Kasi super nurtured sila dito sa Norway kaya minsan naive sila sa real world. That's why I always bring my daughter home & let her see the real world outside Norway where she is growing up.

mishyewarians

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 09:35:22 PM »
Hi Sis mishyewarians, yeah dapat muna mag aral ng Norwegian language coz it will pay off pag punta mo rito. Yes madali rin makuha ang family kapag nakakuha ka na ng job. Like I said family oriented ang Norway so they prefer na ma-reunite ka Kaagad with your family so as soon as naging permanent ka na sa work mo pwede mo na sila kunin. I suggest pag aralin mo na rin ng Norwegian hubby mo para madali din siya makakuha ng job dito. normally a year after you landed here in Norway at naging permanent ka Kaagad sa work eh makuha mo na Kaagad ang family mo.
Madali ma permanent sa work if you land a job in nursing homes or home for the old people. From there kapag Nakuha mo na family mo then you can study & work towards being a Norwegian registered nurse. Mga 2 years I think to finished that with a series of exams. But a lot of nurses did that and sa Dali ng takbo ng panahon eh natapos rin nila. Kung ang purpose mo is to stay here permanently 2 years is not that long.
I suggest magpaturo ka at Patulong ka sa friend mo. I also know 3 nurses dito na Nakuha family nila in just one year Lang.
Good luck Sis!

Thanks sis.. Gusto nga din ni hubby there kasi maganda nga daw.. Sana talaga.. I should start enrolling na for their language.. Thanks so much sis.. May usapan naman na kami ng mga friends ko doon na if ever, magkakasama naman kami sa house sa start.. But i heard pala sis naghihigpit na sila ngayon daw? True ba yon?

Englemamma

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 11:03:25 PM »
True Sis mahigpit sila in this case kasi bago mo makuha rin your family you have to prove na meron  silang proper place na matirahan. Meaning kailangan mo kuha or rent apartment na dun kayo family titira.
That's a requirement. So Hindi pwede share kayo ng bahay with other family. Pero dun Lang naman sila strict. Normal Lang naman requirements yun.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.