Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 30 JUL 14
Keep your brain and body active--read while on the treadmill or stationary bike. If you find it difficult, listen to an audiobook.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Mukang Bata  (Read 2673 times)

airish_2

• Senior GirlTalker
  • i believe everything happens for a reason...
Mukang Bata
« on: May 16, 2012, 07:29:12 PM »
Mula ng magstart akong magwork nagugulat ako sa reaction ng mga namemeet kong clients at empleyado sa kumpanya namin muka daw akong bata at parang di raw ako bagay sa posisyon ko, managerial position, minsan nga pabalang ako kinausap ng isang empleyado dun tapos nagsorry sya nung malaman nya na ako ang head dun, ayoko naman iparamdam na "ako mataas dito" aura kaso minsan nakakabastos di lang kasi isang beses. karamihan sa kanila sinasabi sa akin na masyado daw akong mukhang bata para sa posisyon ko. :-\
we don't need more laws, we need implementation.

calin22

• Karurin-desu, kawaii!! :)
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Doraemon is love <3 Doraemon Collector <3
    • Crayons and Pensils
Re: Mukang Bata
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 08:32:55 PM »
^ i think thats a compliment sis. :) If you think you deserve the position, walang kwenta paapekto sa ibang tao.. and besides you can show them naman your skills.. nasa skills and experience din naman yan sis eh

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 05:11:00 PM »
That's also my problem.
It can be a compliment but it has lots of disadvantages in the workplace.
Like less expectations at work, you don't get promoted,
it's like they always think that "she's too young pa, she's inexperienced,
she's not ready, she has TIME to learn pa..." etc...

Even during interviews, they feel that I cannot do it, because they think/feel I'm young.
I'm also soft-spoken, and they feel I cannot command people, and cannot earn RESPECT.
I'm also petite/small, I really look and sound like a kid. :(
It's hard to face clients, bosses, people, and they tend not to take me seriously.

I don't know how I can project my real age,
or at least project my seniority and my experience in the workplace.
Integrity, Ethics, Etiquette...

merchee

• I.T. girl and morenang
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 02:51:39 PM »
that's also my problem! dyoske, akala ko ako lang nakaka-feel ng ganito hahaha. kapag hindi ako naka-office attire or kapag hindi ako naka-ayos...pinagkakamalan akong student. lalo na pag wash day. dati, muntik pa kong di papasukin sa club kasi naka jeans and shirt lang ako with heels pero bare face....eh working na ko that time. 

so what i did, I try my best talaga to be presentable. sa office, talagang i spend time na mag-ayos. I wear make-up everyday...most of the time, minimal make-up pero pag sinisipag...naka-smokey hahaha.

soft spoken din kasi ako...so during concalls, they will think na fresh grad lang ako...hanggang makita na nila ko in person. hahaha.
Give it time love...the fire feels divine. The sweetest things they burn before they shine...

Visit and follow my space that talks everything about women! :)

http://bestows.blogspot.com/

alice_alice

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 09:16:37 AM »
Nako eto yung problema ko di lang mukhang bata ako talaga ang pinakabata naging team lead dun sa dpt ko imagine handling agents na mas matatanda pa saken tapos they don't take me srsly kasi nga bata pa daw ako so pag may pinapatapos ako na tasks minsan di ako sinusunod kasi nga yung mga may atttitude dun ayaw ako sundin so nung nagpameeting ako at sobrang seryoso ko na silang kinakausap sinabe ko talaga na insubordination ang ipapataw sa kanila pag di nila ako sinunod at pag di nila ginawa yung tasks given to them, technically ako ang in charge so dapat sana sundin regardless sa age.

det060403

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »
Nasabihan na din ako ng ganito, the problem was, ang clients (patients) hindi ako sineseryoso, akala student ako, ayaw magpahandle sakin!... Kaya kelangan lang talaga assertive ka para magawa ng maayos ang work.
Sometimes you turn back. Sometimes you walk away. And sometimes, you find the place you're meant to be, & you stay there.

Sharing our SDE by BTP
http://vimeo.com/84460012

superjuzh

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 10:48:47 AM »
marami din nagsasabi na mukhang bata ako kahit hindi naman ako yung tiponmg petite size. minsan kapag nag apply ako nag aalangan tanggapin resume ko baka kasi hindi pasok ang edad ko tapos sasabihin ko age ko papakita ko pa resume ko para maniwala. one time ayaw talaga maniwala pinakita ko pa yung passport ko. grabe to minsan.

Blair_w

• Better Life, Better You!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2013, 02:12:24 PM »
I can relate. Well, I'm not really that young anymore infact tama lang naman yung profession ko with my age. It's true also that I am petit kaya siguro napagkakamaalng bata and ang bata ko daw talaga tingnan. Also considering that most of the supervisory level in our office are handled by "retirables" I ended up being the youngest if there are management meetings.

Honestly, at first, feel na feel kong tinatawag akong bata. Laki ng smile ko if sinasabihan ako but later on I realize na di na sya nakakatuwa esp. if there are some people who don't know you (clients, new hires,etc.), and they would just judge you based on your appearance. kala clerck ka or something. tas if you ask question pabalang kung sumagot. If I can't help it, natatarayan ko din sila. also, some older people don't respect you so you to always prove yourself to them and I sometimes exceed their expectations para walang masabi.  Agree din ako dun sa  re:baka mahirapan for promotion kaya I just do my best sa work. yung tipong pinapakita ko talaga na they needed my services and they won't be able to afford it if they lose me hehe. ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 02:18:46 PM by Blair_w »

tiggerlily

• Super GirlTalker
  • Whoa!
    • The Lazy Mama
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2013, 07:38:30 PM »
it's got it's pros and cons. many people would get surprised whenever I tell them my age. kapag hindi ako nag-ayos, as in jeans and shirt lang, magmumukha akong yaya ng anak ko. the other comments ok lang.

nun kasal ko may nagsabi pang 17yo lang daw yung ikinakasal. LOL :D

my solution to this is to project myself na mas matured. like wear appropriate make-up (which i don't usually do) and dress professionally kung sa work. kung may braces pa, tapusin na ang treatment ASAP. tumatagal kasi ang braces kapag matagal ka bumalik sa dentist para magpa-adjust.

pretty_in_white

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 04:54:15 PM »
:D  I initially thought looking young is a disadvantage until I learned how to use it to my advantage.  I just dressed up a little better, na sa makeup din yan.  I'm younger than most of my co-workers and ok lang yan, laliman mo voice mo and be serious when talking to them.
We tell lies when we are afraid... afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us.  But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger.  ~Tad Williams

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.