Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 26 OCT 14
Worried about your performance at work? Find a mentor and ask for guidance. Learning from a senior will help you get better at your job.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: All About Digital Draw, Scribble or Doodle  (Read 2028 times)

missjoan

• Techie Gas Gurl and a
  • GirlTalker
All About Digital Draw, Scribble or Doodle
« on: April 13, 2012, 12:32:39 PM »
I would appreciate if you can share your artworks (for inspirations) and resources especially the tools or softwares or any online trainings (i.e. youtube).

Currently I'm using my galaxy note to doodle then sa photoshop ko sya ine enhance. gusto ko namang maglevel up na. I'm just a beginner like level 0 talaga and I planned to explore my 'artistic' side (if meron man, hehe). Di ko alam if Wacom is the best tool. and if yes, for a beginner like me anong unit dapat?

Any inputs is highly appreciated! Thanks. :)

xthine

• MD
  • Senior GirlTalker
Re: All About Digital Draw, Scribble or Doodle
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 08:58:14 PM »
My daughter loves digital animating.  She does it on her DS, I think she has over a thousand fans on Flipnote Hatena.  We're looking into Wacom tablets to help develop her skills.  Thinking of getting the Wacom Create vs Capture.

missjoan

• Techie Gas Gurl and a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 01:35:20 PM »
Hi @xthine, wow she is so inspiring. sana maencourage ko rin son ko para dalawa na kami. sis, ano po pala ang DS? at what age nagstart sa digital animation ang daughter mo po? anak ko kase puro sa papel lang for now  eh gusto ko rin sya maencourage mag draw sa computer.

xthine

• MD
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 12:31:22 AM »
Nintendo DS is a gaming console, she uses a DSi and it has an application where one could make drawings and animations.  With the Flipnote application is an accompanying website where they could share their art.  I checked on her profile recently and it looks like she has about 1800 fans worldwide.  She exhibited creativity at an early age but her drawings and sketches started probably when she was 7 or 8 using Paint on the PC.  She started animating using Flipnote studio about 2 years ago.  I still get her sketchbooks and emphasize the importance of being able to draw on paper. She mostly draws cartoons, Manga type characters. 

I bought a Wacom Bamboo Create for her this weekend.  It comes with Corel Painter 4 and Autodesk Sketchbook Express.  She's still trying to figure out how to draw with the new software, she's still finds it tricky and still has a lot to learn.  I'm hoping she stays patient with learning the new platform so she can take her drawing to the next level.  I heard Wacom tablets are good options for digital art, there are different types for different needs.  Have you looked at their website?  My daughter wasn't fond of drawing on the iPad and using the rubber tip stylus.  There is an Autodesk Sketchbook app in the App Store, it looks like they have the Sketchbook Mobile Express in the Play Store for android.

babyastig

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 11:07:07 AM »
^ hi xthine, what application pala yun digital animation sa DSi.... i'm quite interested kasi.  thanks.

xthine

• MD
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 11:24:50 AM »
@babyastig - It's called Flipnote, I'm not sure if it's pre installed on the DSi but I know it's free.  There are other apps for animating in the Wii shop.

babyastig

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »
ok...... will check ko later...super thanks.  wala kami wii.....

xthine

• MD
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 07:49:30 PM »
No problem, I meant DSi Ware..the equivalent of the App Store on the DSI. :)

babyastig

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 11:40:44 AM »
^ xthine, got the program.  Super thanks....  :)

pink

• Mao Asada Fan
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Mao-Fan!
    • Casual Doodles
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 03:39:10 PM »
If you have iOS/Android devices you can try Adobe Ideas. It's really nice kasi may auto-smoothing feature. I downloaded the app on my iPad when it was newly released and still free at that time but now I think it costs $9.99 na. It may be quite pricey for some but I really like the app. For more tools but lower price you have Autodesk Sketchbook Pro at $2.99.

bakerstreetph

• Probationary
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 10:55:22 PM »
Hello! :)

I recommend using Wacom tablets with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Both are industry standards ngayon for graphic design, professional drawing and pwede magedit edit :)

Athena x3

• Probationary
  • ;)
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 09:35:47 AM »
Sis you should definitely use Paint Tool Sai kasi kahit mouse lang ang gamit mo, maganda pa rin ang kakalabasan ng drawing mo. :) And you can also find inspirations on Deviantart. I hope this helps.

chingky

• a race car driver and
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Food Bites PH
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 07:14:23 PM »
Hi! How much are Wacom tablets and where can I buy them? Planning to buy one for my boyfriend who's into traditional art, but wants to convert them into digital.  Thanks! :)

tomatostellar

• Senior GirlTalker
  • something infinitely interesting
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2013, 03:56:25 AM »
naghanap din kami ng bf ko ng graphic tablet, i forgot the brand na nakuha nya., sa CDR king meron din mura., pero parang onti stocks nila 3 cdrking sa Trinoma pareparehong wala.,

http://stellarchild.blogspot.com/
"If you do not breathe through writing, if you do not cry out in writing, or sing in writing, then don't write, because our culture has no use for it."
~Anais Nin

budzwhiz

• Super GirlTalker
  • Baking. Arts. Photography. Travel.
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2013, 11:29:59 AM »
I have a bamboo wacom tablet. I use Photoshop CS4 and Corel Draw.  :)

Hi! How much are Wacom tablets and where can I buy them? Planning to buy one for my boyfriend who's into traditional art, but wants to convert them into digital.  Thanks! :)
Depende sa klase, marami kasi yan, merong bamboo, intuos, etc. For enthusiasts, like myself, I got the bamboo for about 6k yata, sa SM north, cyberzone. Sorry forgot the shop, basta sa 2nd from top floor. Hanap ka lang sa mga computer shops don na nagbebenta rin ng mga hardware. Meron ding isang malaking shop sa dulo, kinda like octagon forgot the name sorry, they sell different electronic stuff. May tablets sila pero hindi wacom, lower end na.  :)
"Not one drop of my self-worth depends on your acceptance of me."

Accept what life has to offer, and enjoy.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.