Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 23 OCT 14
Accidentally get super glue on your skin while finishing a home project? Soak it in acetone and wash with soap afterward.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: trips abroad using miles  (Read 2692 times)

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
trips abroad using miles
« on: March 12, 2012, 09:41:33 PM »
ano bang maganda gamitin para maka ipon ng miles? sa credit card?

my husband applied for BPI-Delta Card, P40 ata per mile.

i have the Allied Bank Mabuhay Miles. bago pa lang so hindi pa ako naka redeem.

any tips?

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: trips abroad using miles
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 09:56:06 PM »
I've used my hubby's NW now Delta miles for trips to Europe (via KLM) and US domestic flights. While for my AsiaMiles, I was able to redeem US trips plus US domestic flights for myself, hubby, sister and brother-in-law. My Continental One Pass naman purely US domestic flights lang. Lastly, I now have enough points on my Citibank Cebu Pacific card to redeem round trip domestic flights.

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 09:59:08 PM »
^credit card rin ba yung sa Delta Miles mo? or gumamit ka talaga ng airline nila?

paano naman yung sa AsiaMiles, sis?

thanks!

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 10:09:22 PM »
The Delta miles are purely frequent flyer points. Madalas kasi byahe ni hubby sa Toronto and Minneapolis before for his recurrent trainings kaya naka-ipon sya ng maraming points.

While my AsiaMiles are both frequent flyer points by buying tickets with CX and points I redeemed using my Citibank Premium Miles credit card.

I believe there are two separate threads on Delta miles and Asia Miles. You can backread on those threads also.

maem6304

• GirlTalker
    • Little Marcheline
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 06:15:42 PM »
hi sis m_lim. i have a citibank premier miles card and allied bank mabuhay miles card. target ko sa premier miles trip to europe. for the allied bank mabuhay miles, to maximize yung miles earned mo, use it during PAL's great miles getaway sale. usually redemption miles required are discounted at 50%. so example for roundtrip to japan, 20k miles yun for economy, with the promo, 10k miles nlng required. I was able to book me, hubby and our daughter for trip to japan na 30k miles kaming 3 na. mas sulit sya for trips abroad. for domestic kasi with all the promos ng mga airlines, sayang ang miles kung domestic flights lang gagamitin. :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:33:56 PM by maem6304 »

tabbru

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 09:24:35 PM »
I now have HSBC Platinum credit card and I intend to use it to accumulate miles. Sana sulit.
I shop, therefore I am.

keidee

• GirlTalker
    • keidee says
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 03:24:01 PM »
I charge everything on my Allied Mabuhay Miles card so i can maximize the points for my flights. Aside from this, i get an elite membership card so i get additional benefits like lounge access and free baggage allowance. i also get upgraded for free whenever economy is full because of the elite card.
http://maireviola.blogspot.com/- It's all about me - my thoughts, my writings, my passions. What I like and what I love

CebuGem

• Amber's Light
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Lucid Intervals
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 05:11:17 PM »
Both hubby and I have Korean Air Skypass. We recently redeemed it by upgrading our seats to Business class for our upcoming flight this December.

For Mabuhay Miles, we normally redeem it for domestic travels.

greyzie

• in reHav
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 05:42:56 PM »
hi sis m_lim. i have a citibank premier miles card and allied bank mabuhay miles card. target ko sa premier miles trip to europe. for the allied bank mabuhay miles, to maximize yung miles earned mo, use it during PAL's great miles getaway sale. usually redemption miles required are discounted at 50%. so example for roundtrip to japan, 20k miles yun for economy, with the promo, 10k miles nlng required. I was able to book me, hubby and our daughter for trip to japan na 30k miles kaming 3 na. mas sulit sya for trips abroad. for domestic kasi with all the promos ng mga airlines, sayang ang miles kung domestic flights lang gagamitin. :)

tuwing kelan kaya yun 50% off ng miles ng PAL?
"D period of gr8st gain in knowledge & experience is d most difficult period in one's life. Thru a difficult period, u can learn, u can develop inner strength, determination, & courage to face d problem. Who gives u this chance? Your enemy." -- Dalai Lama

tabbru

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 06:13:26 PM »
I haven't tried redeeming from Mabuhay Miles yet. Question lang po, is it easy to book a flight from PAL using miles? At kahit ba "peak season" (ex. summer in Canada) ay makakapag-book? TIA!
I shop, therefore I am.

CebuGem

• Amber's Light
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Lucid Intervals
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 06:29:23 PM »
^It is easy. Just go the nearest PAL service offices. But do take note that they only allot a few seats (for each flight) for Miles redemption so it's first come first serve basis.

tabbru

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2012, 06:43:48 PM »
^Thanks, sis!
I shop, therefore I am.

k_heart

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 07:42:40 PM »
Ako 3 times ng nakapag-redeem using my Mabuhay Miles.Latest is the HK trip formy whole family.
Sobrang laki din ng savings.

maem6304

• GirlTalker
    • Little Marcheline
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 03:20:35 PM »
tuwing kelan kaya yun 50% off ng miles ng PAL?

sis so far iba-iba e. wala silang fixed na date. like nung 2009 end January siya, 2010 August naman, 2012 end February naman. If you're a mabuhay miles member, register for their online access. They usually send out announcements/updates to the email address that you will provide.  :)

papemelroti

• you deserve it
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 07:02:57 PM »
Im using citibank premier miles now. too early to tell if its worth it

before, I used hsbc. the lesson I learned with mileage accrual is never to delay the transfer of bonus points to asiamiles. the week I was going to transfer hsbc changed the rules from 25 pesos= 1 point to 50 pesos = 1 point.

turn off the tv and look at me

kiracharlie

• GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2013, 08:59:13 PM »
Our family used to be frequent fliers of KLM/Air France. And we were able to utilize all our miles. I was able to get free flights more or less 5 times! Since KLM doesn't have direct flight to Amsterdam anymore, we decided to take other airlines na lang.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.