Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 18 APR 14
Instead of sweeping floors with a broom, which just pushes dirt around, try a static sweeper, which attracts and holds dust.
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Iloilo-Guimaras Thread 3  (Read 39078 times)

delisyus

• Lactivist Mom
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Crazy, Happy Arevalos
Re: Iloilo-Guimaras Thread 3
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 02:15:29 am »
we just got back from our iloilo-bacolod trip sisters

fyi lang... because nagtaas na ng gas, P1,200 na daw talaga ang lowest rate ng tricycle tour of nearby sights (yung trappist, pit stop area...with guisi as farthest) and P1,800 ang multicab/jeep. Since we have kids (age 4 and 1, then 4 kaming adults), we really couldn't see ourselves riding a tricycle (kahit yung hatid-sundo to/from raymen), especially since we had luggage good for 7 days (kasi nga we're heading off to Iloilo City and Bacolod pa).... yung hatid/sundo is still P250 (tricycle) and P450 (multicab)

the rate is per the tourism desk at Jordan Wharf

I also decided not to contact anymore the numbers I got online....kasi sabi samin, pila daw... and I figured, kawawa rin naman yung masasapawan if may contact na kami (naks, feeling considerate)

as luck would have it though... napunta kami sa medyo tahimik na driver...

and kinda feeling ko andaya kasi when we did the inland tour, sa Guisi lang kami nakapunta (kasi with kids who want to swim, and we made the mistake of doing it in the afternoon, so hinapon na kami)... pero we paid P1,500 pa din... BUT ang agreement kasi naman namin was, P450 lang yung bayad the next day pero kasama ang stops sa places we didn't get to visit (Trappist, Pit Stop, Camp Alfredo) so ok na rin (kasi nga, again, with young kids, it's not like we can karir all the stops)

We also ended up eating pala at the airport in Manila so we weren't hungry na when we got to Iloilo... thank heavens din I have printed stuff I got from the net (mostly, from here and bloggers from here and Pex) kasi someone offered us a private ferry at Ortiz wharf (P500 lang daw)... my hubby and MIL were starting to agree na to the price but I told them OVER yun kasi it turned out, P14/person lang... hehe

and maybe because we stayed at Raymen's during the weekday...we loved our stay there talaga. Sometimes, when we're eating pa nga, one of the waitresses would babysit my youngest :D  We loved the food (we had their pansit bihon and chopsuey twice), we were suprised may cable pala yung TV, the family room we stayed in was big and comfy enough... we super loved the sand (my sons wanted to just live there)

and we really loved the Zipline/Hanging Bridge/rapelling package at Camp Alfredo :)

and sa Iloilo naman... we loved the Garin farm!!! wala sa IT pero we super loved it talaga... and thanks for the suggestion of One Lourdes kasi my hubby also kept telling me "the best" daw ang reservations ko kasi malapit sa lahat :D

thank you girls... if anyone has questions, sige lang... will try to blog too... para with pictures!

cindylulu

• Super GirlTalker
  • live well, love much, laugh often
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 09:46:52 am »
we might spend our holy week touring bora, aklan, roxas, iloilo and bacolod. we will take our car via roro. hope i would be able to go back to guimaras.  :)
The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time - James Taylor

michi247

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 01:31:09 pm »
@delisyus - thanks for posting the rates, at least aware na GT sa standard rates.  :)

delisyus

• Lactivist Mom
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Crazy, Happy Arevalos
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2012, 02:57:41 pm »
i forgot...if going to Buenavista pala (yung may oldest Church ata in the island?)... P2k ang bayad sa multi-cab

kasi if P60/liter ang gas here... P66/liter sa kanila, so they really have to increase

ellyse

• GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 12:52:50 am »
when in iloilo try niyo rin punta sa SEAFDEC. marami kayo matututunan dun. lalo na about marine creatures. mura pa entrance, 10 lang yata entrance pag sa aquarium nila.

delisyus

• Lactivist Mom
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Crazy, Happy Arevalos
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 09:50:07 pm »
yup...P10 lang :D  kinda creepy-amazing how big some of the carnivorous fishes are!!! haha

ellyse

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 02:27:09 pm »
Carnivorous? nangangagat ba sila tao? hehe

lenierose928

• Senior GirlTalker
  • my brain is the most sexiest part of my body :p
    • Events on the Go coordination services
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 04:03:50 pm »
^sabi nung care taker sis baka daw di ka na makaka ahon ng buhay pag nalaglag ka dun sa parang cage nila. pinapatulog daw muna nila un pag me gagawin sila na experiment :o

ellyse

• GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 05:57:52 pm »
^

Wahhh! scary.piranha ba yun. ano name ng fish? Hindi pa ako nakakapunta talaga seafdec eh pero sabi ng mga friends ko okay daw

delisyus

• Lactivist Mom
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Crazy, Happy Arevalos
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 02:43:05 am »
carnivorous meaning they eat small fish and yes... maybe even attack humans (in case gutom sila, or if they feel threatened)... the SEAFDEC people told us syempre na they've never tried experimenting if the giant groupers or red snappers will eat them :)

fishermen also tend to avoid places where they hear there are giant groupers... aside from no fish there, baka nga kasi sumabit sa lines nila and well... it might result in accidents

giant groupers naman daw usually live in/near caves

iamjoei

• GirlTalker
    • Joei & Me
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 09:08:02 pm »
If I have a whole day in Iloilo, kaya ba day trip to Guimaras? I'll arrive in Iloilo around 1030am and my flight back is 830pm (so at least dapat 730pm Im at the airport na). Been trying to search blogs but mostly they stay in Iloilo during the night so not sure if aabot or what. Help? :)
Joei & Me
food. travel. fashion. beauty.

www.joeiandme.com
www.facebook.com/joeiandme

ellyse

• GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 09:56:03 pm »
^
Kaya naman...mag island hopping ka na nga lang. wag ka na mag tour sa ibang sights sa guimaras, anyway, mas okay naman talaga mag island hop sa guimaras. you can do that half day lang. be sure na nasa Iloilo ka na by 6PM

pretinnes

• It’s a blessing in the Sky to be a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 11:07:27 pm »
Ano mga okay na kainan sa Iloilo?
Been there been that, come, lets join us.

iamjoei

• GirlTalker
    • Joei & Me
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2012, 11:44:29 am »
^^so kaya pa magisland hopping ng half day? Ya, ok na sakin not to see the other sights. More of island hopping and eating there lang. True na sweetest mangoes talaga there? Any specific place or buong Guimaras masarap lahat mangoes na sineserve?
Joei & Me

www.joeiandme.com

ellyse

• GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2012, 12:20:29 pm »
^^

Breakthrough Restaurant for their seafoods and Tatoy's Manukan. Try mo na rin yung La Paz Batchoy ng Deco's. Try this link. may ibang suggestions ako nakita dyan na kainan. http://roadtripsapinas.blogspot.com/2011/03/guimaras-and-iloilo-itinerary.html

^
Hmmm..matamis naman although sabi ng iang sis natin dito mas matamis pa rin zambales. hahaha.

delisyus

• Lactivist Mom
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Crazy, Happy Arevalos
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2012, 05:39:43 pm »
iamjoei... kaya mag-island hopping, kasi around 3-4 hours lang yun

pero consider this ha
10:30 arrival mo
11:00 am before you get your bags
around 12 before you get to ortiz wharf
12:30 you're at jordan wharf
1-1:30 (depends ano sasakyan mo and panahon), you're at alubihob beach to start island hopping
5:00 pm pa ang balik mo at alubihod... and you'd be around 1.5 -2 hrs away from the airport pa nyan

kaya kung sa kaya but talagang ha-hop ka lang siguro, walang taking time to enjoy, take pics, swim, etc

and wala pa dyan yung kakain ka... kasi pit stop for the mango pizza should be around 20 mins din... kung sa iloilo naman, deco's is 20 mins for the batchoy... kung papaluto ka sa breakthrough, matagal (pero marami silang cooked food na)

ngapz... i have been blogging na about our iloilo-bacolod trip..bagal nga lang. since i can't post my links here, just find them in my blog (sa siggy ko)  :)

caryn

• Ways & Trails
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2012, 12:14:05 am »
Hi sisses! pajoin! I went to Guimaras last year and I have to say I fell in love with La Puerta Al Paraizo.. Kasi naman kami lang yung guests sa resort that time kaya parang nasolo namin yung beach.. hehe.

Sis Pretinnes, try Tatoy's Manukan. super sulit because everything's fresh..

iamjoei

• GirlTalker
    • Joei & Me
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2012, 12:33:08 am »
^^ Hmmm. Yun nga lang. Pag di naman nagisland hop pangit yung beach sa Alibuhob no? Siguro parang ok lang not to go to all of the islands. The best ones lang para sa pkcture. Ok lang no swimming. Tapos eat lang sa masarap na place. If ganun, can you suggest which islands to go to and where to eat and go to for the sweetest mangoes (mango shake pwede din). Sorry daming qs. Hehe. Just wanted to get first hand info from someone who's been there na talaga :)

And when you're done with your blog post, leave a message here on in my blog (details are below) so I can visit your blog (URL mo and all that). Thanks ha :)
Joei & Me

www.joeiandme.com

iamjoei

• GirlTalker
    • Joei & Me
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2012, 12:34:52 am »
@caryn You went to Guimaras? You saw my questions? May masuggest ka din ba na pwede ko gawin para I can go to Guimaras even if limited lang time ko? :)
Joei & Me

www.joeiandme.com

delisyus

• Lactivist Mom
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Crazy, Happy Arevalos
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2012, 09:27:38 pm »
iamjoei... ekshuli, the finest sand na ata yung asa alubihob beach (I didn't get to go to natago beach kasi eh)... yung sa likod ng baras cave (but not really baras resort/beach) and yung guisi beach (sa may lighthouse), white sand din naman kaso mas pino forever yung sa alubihod (still not as fine as Boracay's but it's really nice there na)... parang whole of guimaras is white sand (or basta light ang sand)  :)

ayaw mo bang mag-stay na lang sa iloilo?  why not try Garin Farm na lang at San Joaquin, Iloilo? it's about 2 hrs land trip... pero you can swim (pool), go up a mountain of sorts ala pilgrimage, do zipline, and church hop on your way back to iloilo city

if intent ka to go to guimaras though.. ang must try na resto dun is the Pit stop for the mango pizza

ok lang din inland tour ka na lang... guisi lighthouse and beach... zipline ka sa camp alfredo... kain sa Pit stop... maybe daan sa museum nila... buy pasalubongs at Trappist and the palengke

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
FN's Top 10 SPF Beauty Picks for Summer 2014
These babies are mighty protectors from the sun's harmful UV rays.
5 Ways to Reflect and Meditate When You’re Time-Bound
Whether you have five minutes or five days, a breather from all the deadlines and meetings will do you good.
FNites! What Reminds You of Summer?
Send us a photo and we might feature it on the website!