Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 20 AUG 14
Are you forgetful? Write things down and keep lists to organize your life better.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: regarding SSS maternity pay (thread 4)  (Read 77225 times)

princessrio

• Super GirlTalker
  • God has given me the best gifts...
    • Our road 2 forever
my husband and son are my life <3

sarahsensible

• Professional Makeup Artist. Mom of 4. Happy Wife
  • Super GirlTalker
    • I kiss and makeup
Re: regarding SSS maternity pay (thread 4)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:58:39 PM »
welcome to our new home

Post ko lang ulit

What are the qualifications for entitlement to the maternity benefit?

She has paid at least three monthly contributions within the 12-month period immediately preceding the semester of her childbirth or miscarriage.

She has given the required notification of her pregnancy through her employer if employed, or to the SSS if separated, voluntary or self-employed member. (Yan yung ultrasound at MAT notification form)

How is the maternity benefit computed?

Exclude the semester of contingency (delivery or miscarriage).

A semester refers to two consecutive quarters ending in the quarter of contingency.
    A quarter refers to three consecutive months ending March, June, September or December.

Count 12 months backwards starting from the month immediately before the semester of contingency.

Identify the six highest monthly salary credits within the 12-month period.

Add the six highest monthly salary credits to get the total monthly salary credit.

Divide the total monthly salary credit by 180 days to get the average daily salary credit. This is equivalent to the daily maternity allowance.

Multiply the daily maternity allowance by 60 (for normal delivery or miscarriage) or 78 days (for caesarean section delivery) to get the total amount of maternity benefit.

For example, let us say that an SSS member gives birth in December 2004.

The semester of contingency would be from July 2004 to December 2004

The 12-month period before the semester of contingency would be from July 2003 to June 2004

Let us assume that the six highest monthly salary credits are P15,000 each. Thus, the total monthly salary credit would be P90,000 (P15, 000 x 6).

The daily maternity allowance would be P500 (P90,000/180).

The total maternity benefit due would be P30, 000 (P500 x 60 days) for normal delivery or P39,000 (P500 x 78) for caesarian cases.
our 4th baby... Nicole Adrianna ;)

thistle_lilac

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 05:34:35 PM »
ok thanks sis princessrio.

babing20

• underestimated
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 08:22:57 PM »
Got my maternity compensation in advance by our company, kaso nung nakita ko, instead of the 30k (computation based) na allowed, me bawas na P150. Di naman big deal pero just wondering if normal un :)
How can you expect to live a positive life if you keep listening to your negative thoughts?

aiz08

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 11:30:55 AM »
already got my 30k sss compensation already. But since na emergency cs ako, the remaining 9k will be released by our company once I have submitted the birth certificate and operating room certificate from the hospital. With regards to application, no hassle sa company namin. They just gave me the MAt1 form, then have it received in SSS buendia. Tatakan lang nila yun then binalik ko yung form sa accounting namin, with the original 1st ultrasound ni baby. They just informed me to pickup my check nung malapit na ako manganak.

silentgale

• Baby Seon... i love you baby
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 01:05:20 PM »
yipee.  ;D

just got my SSS maternity claim thru mail. sa wakas hinatid na ni mamang kartero.. :)

10 Feb - nagfile ako
13 Feb- settled
14 Mar- naresiv ko na!

gullible

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
Re-post ko lang yung isang question ng sis natin sa previous thread...same kasi kami ng question...

Mga sis, would you know if a company is required to pay a pregnant employee her full salary while on maternity leave?  (other than the SSS benefit)

jessebell

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 08:16:28 PM »
Depende sa company yata yan sis.. sa office kasi namin we are entitled 2 months maternity leave paid & full yun (basta naka 1 yr ka na) verify mo sa hr nyo..
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 12:38:24 AM by jessebell »

rhena08301989

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 08:20:57 PM »
Re-post ko lang yung isang question ng sis natin sa previous thread...same kasi kami ng question...

Mga sis, would you know if a company is required to pay a pregnant employee her full salary while on maternity leave?  (other than the SSS benefit)

bebe, depende yan s company mo.. like dito smin SSS benefit lang talaga bibigay nila tpos [textspeak!] 2mos n leave mo without pay yun.. better ask your HR dept

gullible

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 11:45:41 AM »
thanks, sis jessebell & rhena :) will ask our hr about it...

di pa naman ako preggy, gusto ko lang malaman para maisama sa dapat pag-ipunan just in case hindi paid yung 2 months leave ;) thanks ulit :)

Ash_T

• Probationary
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 11:32:32 AM »
thanks mga sisses, yung company kasi namin first time maka experience ng buntis na employee kasi normally boys lang ineemploy nila.. ako yung only girl..hehe.. sana bigyan ako ng pay, sayang din kasi yun. thanks again! :)
spread the love! :D

micci

• Super GirlTalker
  • rain or shine..
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 02:37:27 PM »
mga sis may issue ba if married nako pero hindi ko pa na-update yung name ko sa SSS?i was advised by my former employer kasi na sa may or june ko na i-update para sabay na with baby's name..what do you think?tia :)
a successful relationship requires falling in love many times.....

...with the same person.
:-*

sarahsensible

• Super GirlTalker
    • I kiss and makeup
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 03:07:47 PM »
^pero nag change of status kana from single to married? diba sabay yun sa pag update? or wala kapa na update at all? siguro para walang hassle panindigan mo muna maiden name mo sis. Then saka kana mag palit. Pero actually madali lang yan eh, yun lang kasi preggy ka. Dala ka lang Marriage Contract i-uupdate na nila agad eh.

princessrio

• Super GirlTalker
  • God has given me the best gifts...
    • Our road 2 forever
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2012, 11:04:29 AM »
^^mag-update ka na lang. mabilis lang naman e. check mo yung requirements pag nagsubmit ka ng mat2. i believe may kasama don birth cert,valid ids and sss id. ako kasi nag-update agad. mamaya tumagal pa ang release ng kaching  ;D
my husband and son are my life <3

wengerts

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 10:12:42 AM »
Kailangan mo mag update pati ng id. Hindi makaka reimburse ang company sa sas claim mo pag wala yun.

martiella

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 04:57:51 PM »
im 9 weeks pregnant kailan ako dapat magfile ng sss maternity pay? pag malapit na bang manganak? thanks sa sasagot..

honey_iya

• wife, mom &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2012, 05:21:43 PM »
^Ngayon sis pwede ka na mag file, magpasa ka ng MAT1. notification lang naman muna.
"Expect nothing in life and you'll never be disappointed." :) :) :)

cherryblossone

• Senior GirlTalker
  • 8.6.11 :)
    • One Charming Day: Wedding & Party Inspirations
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 08:06:49 AM »
Last monday lang ako nagpa-update ng status from single to married, sinabay ko na din yung pag file ng MAT1. Sabi dun sa change status, after 3 weeks pa daw mag-effect yun. Then picturan ulit ako para sa bagong I.D.

Gaano katagal makuha yung I.D. ngayon? Dati kasi inaabot ng taon bago marelease I.D.

Tsaka, ganun lang ba talaga magfile ng MAT1? Tatakan lang nila ng "Received"?  Kasi di pinunit yung lower part ng MAT1 ko, may inattach lang yung taga SSS nakalagay na may discrepancy sa name ko kasi dun sa MAT1 ko ang nilagay ko na eh yung married name ko eh since di pa updated eh maiden name pa nasa records nila.

wengerts

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2012, 08:46:16 AM »
^ mga more than a year bago ko nakuha ang new id ko. and hindi lang sya basta SSS id, unified ID na sya, PhilHealth, GSIS, SSS, Pag Ibig. tapos ganun talaga, tatatakan lang na "Received" ang MAT1 mo.

sarahsensible

• Super GirlTalker
    • I kiss and makeup
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2012, 08:56:04 AM »
Just applied for new id sa main branch, 6-8 months nga raw

Ako naman bukod sa pag file ko online, nag punta na rin ako ng SSS to show them my ultrasound and natatakan na rin yung MAT-1 ko ng received.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.