Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 18 SEP 14
Got leftover ulam in the fridge? Concoct brand-new dishes like vegetarian pasta surf-and-turf fried rice using those ingredients.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Getting pregnant in a Natural Way inspite of fertility problems  (Read 17862 times)

Madelskie

• Jolly and Bubbly
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • hindi ako maldita for nothing :P
Re: Getting pregnant in a Natural Way inspite of fertility problems
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2012, 11:18:53 AM »
Hi mga sis! Share ko lang yung story ng friend ng sister in law ko.

She's working in Dubai and 37 years old na. Umuwi siya dito sa Pinas to marry her long time bf. Before going home, nagpaalaga na cya sa OB sa Dubai. PCOS din kasi cya and cyempre consider na rin yung age nya. May of last year, kinasal cya and after a month got pregnant agad. She gave birth last Feb. 14. Actually I felt so envy kasi naman, naaalala ko, tinag pa cya ng SIL ko sa mga wedding pictures ko para meron cyang idea sa wedding nya. Ayun, naunahan akong magkababy :( But I'm happy for her kasi at her age cyempre medyo mahirap na. Iniisip ko na lang I have many chances pa kasi bata pa naman ako. Hopefully, ako din makabuo, tayong lahat na TTC. Baby dust to all :)
A proud Mommy to our little Marcus Merson ;)

chinnie

• Junior GirlTalker
  • *HaPpiLy MaRriEd w/ my Heart!* I'll be a Mom soon!
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2012, 11:39:26 AM »
This is my greatest wish for almost 7 long years! Been tired of fertility work ups and lift everything to God. Sana i-grant na ni Lord this year. Hubby and i visit our Lady of Manaoag every month, eto ang regular date namin since 2012 started. More prayers sisses! Miracles do happen. Baby dust sa ating lahat!
Keeping the faith high... and patiently waiting

I'll be a Mom soon!

mariadj

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2012, 11:54:24 AM »
Advise ko lang din sa mga sis natin, please don't stress yourself too much, I know sometimes medyo a little depressing to wait every month and also the tests. Try having a positive outlook, have fun muna with your friends and hubby. Do something worthwhile, while waiting for that little bundle of joy, join outreaches or foster care a child who needs maternal care the most. And then if ever na medyo tired na kayo sa mga work ups, try nyo muna na mag healthy lifestyle, as in lessen the oily food and sugar loaded food intake. Do yoga or pilates kahit sa bahay lang. Eat organic foods, supplement yourself with good vitamins. And of course don't forget to talk to God about our feelings through this journey, pray with your partner. And just thank Him for every waking day :)
"For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb." - Psalm 139:13

Madelskie

• Jolly and Bubbly
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • hindi ako maldita for nothing :P
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2012, 12:07:51 PM »
Tama sis! Just this year lang that we learned how to pray together every night. Dati kasi pag matutulog na kami we just kiss each other pero ngayon natutuwa ako kasi si hubby pa talaga yung nagsasabi na mag-pray kami. We took vitamins din everyday, ako yung in-charge sa pagbibigay sa kanya ng medicine and we drink milk din together. I think malaking factor yun kaasi in a way ang gaan sa pakiramdam that you're doing everything together and work hand in hand para maging healthy kami pareho. :)
A proud Mommy to our little Marcus Merson ;)

karlagabriel21

• Sophia Elise :)
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm cool, calm and collected :)
    • momssoliloquy.blogspot.com/
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 12:49:09 PM »
Sis,
What is the title of the book and where can we buy it?
This is the first time i read of Jule ano yan sis?

Mga sis,
What books did you read na helpful? And where did you buy it?

Hi, sis. I frequently go to book sales, dun ko nabibili most of my books.  I have Pregnancy Miracle by Lisa Olson, What Your Doctor Wouldn't Tell About Getting Pregnant (I forgot the names of the authors pero 2 sila co-author, one practices western medicine while isa TCM), May books ako na di ko pa nababasa and all about getting pregnant, I have compilations din of various writeups and journals on Endometriosis)

Jule is a tonic. You can look it up in www.juleoftheorient.com  :)
Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.

http://momssoliloquy.blogspot.com/

design21

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 12:36:32 PM »
Every story of ttc is different. We have different cases, levels of stress and acceptance and iba iba din ang methods na natry natin from follicle monitoring, iui, ivf etc. But we only want one thing and that is a vialble pregnancy with live birth.

I was ttc for 5 years. Hindi ako invasive method IUI lang ang pinaka invasive na ginawa sa akin because PCOS lang naman and retroverted uterus ang technical problem ko. But i had 3 miscarriages, one honeymoon baby and two are assisted reproduction. I even went to an immunologist they had me tested for apas, checked my genes, checked my chromosomes in short lahat na ata. Infetility panel test wala din naman nakita. But over those years, my weight kept on going up. Dala narin ng stress. I was just lucky i had all the time. i married at 22 1/2 years old. I wanted to have kids early on in life. so imagine hindi ako pinapansin mashado ng mga top reproductive endocrinologists like Dr. Novero and Dra Manalo because they think I was too young. At that time masakit kasi sa umpisa eager ka na advance treatment na gawin sayo but they still follow protocol. And thank God they did because I got pregnant naturally anyway.

my last. iscarriage was dec 2009, i was still bleeding when i had to fly sa states bec of family emergency. I had no time to grieve. Nakukunan ako nasa eroplano ako dinudugo ako hindi ko alam paano ko nakahanan yun. Malakas loob ko kasi ang titiran ko naman is my tita was is an ob and my cousins wh are nurses. Pero pagbakik ko sa Pilipinas, matinding depression pinagdaanan ko. Sabi ng psychiatrist, post partum daw. Nawindang ako, may post partum pala sa nakukunan eh wala naman ako nun dati. Those who lost babies will only understand the real pain.

I tried alternative medicine. I asked for healing. Suki ako ni Father Suarez bec he is a family friend. accupuncture pinatulan ko din pero namahalan ako d ko na tinuloy. Last year, June gave birth to a baby boy. i was also advised na wag manuod ng teleserye, bad news anything negative iwasan ko. Even girltallk I was absent for months or even years i think because lahat ng kabatch ko na hindi mabuntis eh nanganak na ang sama ng loob ko.

Now I am pregnant again. With twins pa, natural conception pero follicle monitoring lang. Pinagcohen diet ako ng doctor ko, sinunod ko naman. nag yoga ako. Accupunture 3 weeks lang. Ang mahal kasi dalawa kami ng asawa ko 3x a week 6k kami dalawa ni hubby. So tiniis ko talaga ang lifestyle change. sa buong infertility journey ko i started at 105 pounds and ended it at 198 pounds. Ang laki ng tinaba ko doble size ko. Kinailangan ko lang magpapayat, manalig sa dyos, pati doctors ko pinagdadasal ko to guide them in my treatment. Sumayaw din pala ako sa obando, yearly na yun kahit this year may anak na ako sumayaw padin ako.

Wag kayo mawawalan ng pagasa. It's hard for everyone who is ttc but we all react differently.

Pray, Hope and Dont Worry

mllapina

• praying, hoping...waiting..for a miracle
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • "If it is meant to be, it will find its way"
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 12:48:03 PM »
pasali po ha..

kakainspire naman mga stories nyo sis! sana one of this day maka pagshare din ako ng stories ko dito and sa ibang TTC  :)
“God’s blessings may come as a surprise, and how much you receive depends on how much your heart can believe.”

Rheintzie

• Probationary
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2012, 12:05:58 PM »
hi all sisses; I was on TTC for 3 years; went through 2 miscarriages; but I am now 33 weeks pregnant. God is good. prayers work wonders. I posted my story in the daily diary of TTC women.

keep the faith alive and the hopes up sisses.

pillowski

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Life is a long lesson in humility.
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2012, 06:47:10 PM »
I wish to conceive naturally...this is what im praying now and right after my miscarriage, sobrang natuwa ako last May cause i conceived thru IUI 1st attempt, but now im still on rest from all the fertility work up til september, the problem is hubby is joining the ship last week ng august...kaya sobra ang makaawa ko na sana...makahabol kami naturally....
I never knew how to worship until I knew how to love.

cryingbaby

• Probationary
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2012, 11:13:45 PM »
ano yung product na JULE? PCOS ako 3 years na ala  pa rin baby... Need ko na mabuntis.. Naghahanap asawa ko ng ibang babae para buntisin nya! wahhhhhhhh!

mllapina

• praying, hoping...waiting..for a miracle
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • "If it is meant to be, it will find its way"
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2012, 08:49:30 AM »
ano yung product na JULE? PCOS ako 3 years na ala  pa rin baby... Need ko na mabuntis.. Naghahanap asawa ko ng ibang babae para buntisin nya! wahhhhhhhh!

sis sa pagkaka alam ko tonic drink yun. may isang sis tayo dito sa ibang thread na nag offer nun saken..bakit naman ganun hubby mo? try to talk to him and let him understand na painful din sa part natin na di makabuo ng baby.. eto yata website nun sis:

http://www.juleoftheorient.com/tonic.cfm
“God’s blessings may come as a surprise, and how much you receive depends on how much your heart can believe.”

yena^_^

• Reyna ng kalawang and
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Struggling to be a good wife & a better person :)
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2012, 12:01:46 AM »
Congrats sa mga mommies and mommy to bes. Baby dust sa atin mga TTC.

Almost 2 years 10 months married na and 8 months TTC (???) 2 years LDR

Need your advice lang mga sis, ano sa palagay nyo yung ideal age na dapat mapregnant yung isang girl? Sabi-sabi kasi before 30 daw you should have your first born para less daw yung complication ng baby. Di pa naman din kami nagmamadaling mag-asawa, if baby comes now it would be great, if later na sya...ok lang din. Right now me and hubby are 29, should we consult a fertility doctor na? or just wait for God's plan to unfold? TIA
If a problem can be solved there is no use worrying about it. If it can't be solved, worrying will do no good.

- Dalai Lama-

Mlabable

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2012, 12:47:25 AM »
Share ko lang experience ko. BF/GF pa lang kami ng husband ko pero we're planning to have a baby na simula meron na kaming stablejob. But it took us almost 6 years bago ako nabuntis. There are times na sinasabihan na ko ng mga officemates namin na may baog sa amin. Parang tanggap ko na nga noon na baka nga may problem isa sa amin.

Natatandaan ko lang before ako nabuntis nagtake ako ng Red Juice siguro mga 2 bottles lang kasi sobrang mahal. Then everyday kami nagggym nun after work. Medyo nabawasan din ako ng timbang nun. After 2 months I got pregnant, I don't know if it has something to do sa pagtake ko ng Red Juice and pag gym. Very unexpected talaga nung pregnancy ko, kasi ba naman 6 years ang inantay namin. Siguro very important talaga yung healthy lifestyle, makakatulong talaga siya sa pagka-conceive.

Kaya ngayon mag 2-yr old son na kami ng asawa ko.  :)
A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.

goddessjem

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2012, 11:30:37 AM »
I'd really like to read all your stories mga sis. pero naiiyak ako. Twice na ako nakunan.  prayers lang pinang hahawakan ko..si papa Jesus na bahala sa aten..

yena^_^

• Reyna ng kalawang and
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Struggling to be a good wife & a better person :)
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2012, 04:55:52 PM »
@Dhee-Dhee

Pareho tayo, 22y/o mom ko nung ipinanganak ako, maganda talaga kasi parang barkada lang. God bless nalang satin mga TTC.
If a problem can be solved there is no use worrying about it. If it can't be solved, worrying will do no good.

- Dalai Lama-

ThinkPositive

• Faith, hope and love
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2012, 09:30:27 PM »
Hi to all sisses. It's been months since I last posted here. I just want to share my experience and hopefully our sisses who are in similar situation could gain inspiration from my story.

My husband and I have been trying to have a baby since we got married in Oct 2010. After failed attempts of TTC naturally, we started to go on workup in Feb 2012. I tried other OBs but the last one I got was Dr. Annebelle Aherrera. Actually, I don't really know her, I was just desperate at that time to get pregnant ASAP since I wanted to conceive before I turn 30 in Oct 2012. So I was looking for an OB who does IUI so I called Makati Med helpdesk to ask which OBs perform IUI. The person just referred me to Dr. Aherrera since she was the head of the OB dept in MMC and I was told to just ask her for referrals. So my husband and I went to her and since she herself does the procedure we stuck with her. I tried to research about her in the internet, not so much info but I found out that she's Tessa Prieto's OB in one of the blogs of Tessa's husband. When we met she seemed nice naman and very accommodating so we decided to continue with her even though her consultation fee is kinda high compared to other OBs in MMC. We just thought that we're just investing for our baby anyway.

My husband's sperm count was not so high but the number is enough naman to fertilize. Nevertheless his uro doctor prescribed clomid to take daily for 2 months and see if sperm count increases (that's about P240 per day straight in two months). Doc gave me meds to regulate my period. I started to experience dysmenorrhea after taking those meds and I started to experience some brownish discharge before and after my mens. I was alarmed but she said that's really the effect of the meds. She said before we consider taking fertility pills and IUI, we should check first my fallopian tubes. She was pushing for hysterogram (HSG) which is very expensive. When I got my period that month we decided to proceed with HSG. She told me to prepare 15-18k for this. for that procedure alone she charged me P10k for PF. I think that was too expensive. anyway, it was a very painful procedure. she just sedated me (no anesthesia) but I still felt the excruciating pain when her hands were inside my vagina! she was not so gentle so I was a little turned off. more so, the result of HSG was even more painful:both my tubes were blocked. I asked her what can be done. Her answer was short - IVF. I cried when she told me. It was like telling me I'm hopeless. i was still lying on the bed when she tried to somehow console me and told me we will talk about it. After I manage to pay the hospital, go to the lab to test my specimen, and go to her clinic to pay the P10k PF (without receipt) - I was hoping we would talk a little so I waited but she didn't come out and I heard that she was just talking with some friend over the phone. Her sec. told me she couldn't see me. I was really turned off. After getting the result of my specimen from the lab I came back to her and the findings were I have polyps. She gave me meds again to take and she said if the polyps are still there when we do an ultrasound, we will do a "raspa". Regarding my fertility, the only thing that can be done is IVF where success is not guaranteed. She suggested to do it in Taiwan because it's cheaper and the success rate is higher compared to those being done here in Manila.

After that visit I never went back to her. I didn't take the meds she gave me. I didn't go back for any workup knowing that that's it -my tubes are blocked. IVF was way too expensive. I didn't know what to do, whether I'll proceed with IVF or not.

I was so confused and in pain knowing that I couldn't conceive. I felt that there is no more reason to live since the only thing I ever wanted is to have a child. I felt that I hit rock bottom at that point of my life. I've been crying for days and weeks. I was bitter. I've been asking God "Why me?" when there are people who wouldn't care about having a child but they get to have one or even more. I've been asking why do these people have children but they don't deserve them, I deserve a child more than they do but why can't He give me. I didn't know how I could ever pull myself out of that situation.

Eventually, I found myself drawing closer to God in search of healing and direction in my life. I've been reading this book I bought in Philippine Christian Bookstore entitled "Tomorrow can be different". Slowly, I began to realize how much God has blessed me already even without a child. He spoke to me through this book and eventually my perspective has changed. I began to become thankful about every blessing God has given me even though I don't ask for it, I began to see how much God has given me without even asking, I began to realize that the life that He gave me alone is more than enough. I learned that we should not live as if God owes us something or that we live as if we are victims of this life but we should claim victory in Christ. Eventually, God made me realize that everything in life has a purpose and if I'm not designed to become a mother then God has a different purpose for me. It was then that I understood how it really is to surrender full control of your life to God, that He is not a genie who just grants wishes, that I could not control my life no matter how hard  I try because only He can do that. So for me not to feel bad when things don't go my way, I should just trust God that He has a plan for me and stop controlling my life on my own and instead surrender my all to God. Then, my prayer started changing from "Lord, please give me a child" to "Lord, your will be done." I realized that for most of us we just draw close to God when we ask Him for something. It's like we're doing good because we want to please God so He would grant our wishes and if we're bad then He will punish us. Oftentimes, we already planned our lives on our own and pray to God and ask Him to let all things go well according to our plan. It's like making our own plan and just asking God for His stamp of approval. But it's really not like that, I realized that. We should just trust Him completely that He has a plan and that is always for our good - no matter how good or bad our situation may seem - if we will just let Him weave his plan, we will see that everything has a purpose.

So there I have come to accept that God a special plan for me other than being a mother. I'm so thankful that He gave me a wonderful husband who loved me even more despite my incapacity of giving him a child. Since I found out about my problem, we just made love according to our feelings and not because we need to. I stopped the counting of days based on the fertility calendar since I was thinking I couldn't conceive anyway. Since then, our sex life was so great like never before especially when we were trying. We really made love because we wanted to and not because we ought to (to conceive) like before. I also stopped lifting my legs after sex which the doctor told me to do before since I have a retroverted uterus. I could just rest for a little while after the deed and wash up afterwards. It was really carefree and enjoyable sex for me and my husband.

I was never this happy my whole life and marriage life was never this great. I was already contented with everything knowing that God already blessed us so much, even without a child. We already accepted the fact that we will never be parents but that's ok as long as we're happy together in love. I just sought God's purpose for my life. In my heart, he gave me the verse "Be still, and know that I am God." so my prayer everyday is that His will be done in my life.

Just less than a week ago, I found out I'm pregnant and I couldn't believe it. It was indeed God's miracle. I didn't know how and when it happened but it did and God just showed that if we let Him take control and surrender our all to Him, He will do great and mighty things that we couldn't imagine. We still couldn't believe it but it's real. I just want to share with all TTC women to stop trying, and just surrender it to God and accept His plan for your life. The real joy doesn't come from finally having the child you wished for but it's knowing that you surrendered your life to God and realizing that following Him will yield fruits you never expected. May you find inspiration in this.

purpleangel11

• " FAITH is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see"( Hebrews 11:1)
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 08:33:53 PM »

Sis...grabe...it's reallly indeed miracle from GOD! Praise to GOD....May I ask sis your permission to copy and paste your post to TTC Diary...your story is really very inspiring! God bless you and your baby sis... :)
Nothing is impossible with GOD!.."I am the LORD, the GOD of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" ( Jeremiah 32: 26-27).. Praise the LORD now and forever! Amen!

design21

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2012, 07:33:37 AM »
I just want to update im having one boy and one girl!
Pray, Hope and Dont Worry

purpleangel11

• " FAITH is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see"( Hebrews 11:1)
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2012, 10:36:44 AM »

Wow Congrats Sis!!! :) :) :)
Nothing is impossible with GOD!.."I am the LORD, the GOD of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" ( Jeremiah 32: 26-27).. Praise the LORD now and forever! Amen!

ThinkPositive

• Faith, hope and love
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2012, 02:25:46 PM »
thanks, sis purpleangel11. sure.. pls feel free to share my story, I'd really want our sisses who are in this journey to draw inspiration from it. God bless!

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.