Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 25 APR 14
Encourage team work by building good relationships with your co-workers. A team that works well together progresses together.
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Planting stem cuttings from bouquets received  (Read 1445 times)

amparoxoxo

• Y U NO
  • GirlTalker
  • O hai
Planting stem cuttings from bouquets received
« on: February 18, 2012, 06:26:21 PM »
Hello girls! Belated happy Valentine's day! I'm sure most, if not all of us received flowers from our darling loves. I, for one, received a stem of red rose and it's really gorgeous especially nung nagbloom na on its third day sa vase (actually a used Vodka Cruiser bottle, cleaned and half-filled with water ;D).

I've researched around the web kung pwede ko pa sya itanim and alagaan. It is still possible, provided that I trim the stem diagonally with a very sharp scissors para hindi mainjure yung plant, dip it in a rooting powder/agent para tubuan sya ng roots and plant it. I've also read na pwede ring rooting agent ang honey, but I've yet to try this as I really don't want to sacrifice that beautiful long stem sa isang experiment.

So today I purchased from ACE hardware an empty pot, fine compost and a rooting hormone called Hormex. But when I was reading the instructions on how to use the compost, hindi pala pwedeng ito lang ang gagamitin at dapat may kahalong soil. Wala na kaming available soil as of now so I'll postpone this muna and wait na lang tomorrow para makapagpabili ako ng soil so mom ko.

Anyone of you girls who would try or have tried this technique? Please share! :)
Meme me me me

ella

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Planting stem cuttings from bouquets received
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 12:59:35 PM »
hi sis,

ganyan din ang ginawa ko dun sa flower na give ni hubby. yung 1 stem ang itinanim ko and ayun buhay pa naman siya. basta after ko siya i cut, nilagay ko na siya sa pot and di ko na tinignan kung may roots na siya kasi color green pa rin naman so it means nabuhay siya  :)

mikhai

• GirlTalker
Re: Planting stem cuttings from bouquets received
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 09:14:51 PM »
hi mga sis... how do you plant it? naka diagonally cut lang yung end ng flower? yun lang and then put it in a pot with soil? pano po ba? i have 2 bouquet of beautiful roses.. theyre aroud 48 pcs and [textspeak!] to keep some. though yung iba i cut the thorns and leaves... pano po ba

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
What Would You Do Kung Ikaw ang the Legal Wife?
Would you stay or would you leave?
10 Celebrity Holy Week Destinations
How did these stars spend their long vacays?