Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 21 DEC 14
Going out in the sun? Never underestimate the power of sunscreen! It helps prevent blotchiness, spider veins, and premature wrinkles.
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: PVC or Aluminum Windows?  (Read 3259 times)

abel823

• GirlTalker
PVC or Aluminum Windows?
« on: February 13, 2012, 01:21:43 AM »
Napapansin ko sa mga nag build ng mga house madami na din mas practical using PVC windows rather than aluminum.
Pero meron pa din gumagamit ng steel chasement.

chefron

• Super GirlTalker
Re: PVC or Aluminum Windows?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 06:23:05 PM »
ako mas prefer ko ang steel casement. mas pwede mo kaseng ayusin yung design nung steel eh, pwedeng paglaruan at mas mura pa
EPHESIANS 2: 9

SALVATION IS NOT A REWARD FOR THE GOOD THINGS WE HAVE DONE, SO NONE OF US CAN BOAST ABOUT IT

FridaGee

• in ♥ with GT and proud to be a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • soon to be mom
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 11:43:06 AM »
hindi ba kinakalawang pag steel? esp pag sliding, eventually matigas na mag slide. PVC na daw today ang nirerecommend ng karamihan
"Shopping is my obsession"

chefron

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 11:53:37 AM »
Nasa maintenance naman din yun. Kahit naman ang aluminum kinakalawang din.

SALVATION IS NOT A REWARD FOR THE GOOD THINGS WE HAVE DONE, SO NONE OF US CAN BOAST ABOUT IT

tiggerlily

• Super GirlTalker
  • Whoa!
    • The Lazy Mama
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 12:51:17 PM »
from my experience, hindi kinakalawang ang aluminum. this is what we used for our bathroom doors. pati sa windows. mas maganda for me yung analoc na aluminum - yung brown. kaysa dun sa silver.

eventually, kapag naluma, anything with a roller tumitigas. yun ang dapat na i-maintain to keep the rollers smooth.

chefron

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 01:40:42 PM »
sa banyo din namin aluminum, yung screws are starting to rust na.

tiggerlily

• Super GirlTalker
  • Whoa!
    • The Lazy Mama
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2012, 06:14:35 PM »
^i don't think the screws are aluminum. try mo dikitan ng magnet. kapag namamagnet mo sya, it's not aluminum. same with stainless steel. di rin namamagnet.

$ale... seeker!

• Super GirlTalker
  • A delighted wife since 2002 + proud momy of M&C!
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2013, 06:08:39 PM »
Just bought (2) PVC sliding windows last December. I don't know but I prefer it over aluminum.
LiFe IsN't EaSy BuT yOu CaN aLwAyS cHoOsE tO bE hApPy!!!

Our Eat Dates!
Bambino Phils

mom.of.inchikoy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 08:12:32 AM »
May pros and cons naman yung dalawa... Accdg sa mga natatanhngan ko...
Pvc-- it can control noise inside and outside compared to analok.
-- pero may nagsabi na since pvc sya, parang nat as durable in terms of years sa analok. Tingin ko dito more on how you use and maintain it.
-- mas mahal compared to pvc.
-- mas mabigat feeling pag hinahawakan dan analok na parang lighter.

Analok- always get te good quality. Tama check if its really aluminum or may halo. Alam ko parang may kapal din yan. Its an option if u want it to be painted white to look like the pvc white.
Sa experience ko, sa mga napupuntahan ko and sa mga house ng family and relatives, ang roller parati ang problem. Yung isa naman, ang napansin ko pumapasok water. So better kung merong recommendation ng kakilala yung supplier and installer.
Also ask what kinds of sealant ang gamit. Kasi yung iba tinitipid.
Mas mura compared to pvc

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.