Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 22 DEC 14
Do you suffer from split ends and hair breakage? Avoid doing treatments like perming, coloring, or rebonding. Hair abuse makes your hair prone to breakage!
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping

Author Topic: Dividing the house into two/Renovation  (Read 1437 times)


  • GirlTalker
  • **
  • Posts: 64
  • Working MomÜ
Dividing the house into two/Renovation
« on: January 31, 2012, 11:20:12 AM »
Hi Sises :)! I dont know what do you call this ha?:))

My MIL talked to me today and told me she wanted to divide her house into two so that we can have a separate house na and all. We are currently residing with them with my husbands brother and sister. Now, his elder sister had already her own house and his kuya will soon start to construct their house. so my MIL also want us to have a house that wont cost so much. the problem is, How? can i seek advice from an interior designer instead of an engineer or architect? this is not too soon but im planning it cause i want to execute something when it happens.  ;D

Please help :) TIA


  • Junior GirlTalker
  • ***
  • Posts: 264
  • interior designer + entrepreneur
    • 24 Interiors
Re: Dividing the house into two/Renovation
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 03:28:45 AM »
dividing the house like you have to go outside to go to the other house or simply dividing two spaces/areas with a wall? kasi if you're going to divide the house (literally), you really need an architect since structural na siya but if it is simply dividing the two spaces with a wall, an ID will do.  I just hope you have a blueprint copy of the house so the ID can plan the areas properly.  S/he needs to see kasi if may kelangan iwasan na pipes, beam, wires, etc. I suggest to get a contractor who is also an architect, in that way, you and the ID can get "free" tips and suggestions while doing the project.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:44:28 AM by iamsuperizch »
You can't have it all.


follow us
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.