Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 01 NOV 14
Need a quick makeup fix? Use a tinted moisturizer to keep your skin fresh-looking when you're tired.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: IVF/IUI with DR. NOVERO  (Read 71187 times)

wesley

Re: IVF with DR. NOVERO
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2012, 11:27:07 AM »
Does Dr. Novero still do IVF in Victory Art?

Jeleina

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2012, 10:41:41 PM »

Hello sisters.
1.  When?  I had my IVF last December 2011.We'll have our FET this April 2.  St. Lukes Global or Victory Art Lab?@ CARMI, ST. Luke's Global
3.  How much did it cost you? Approximately it cost us 360k
4.  Positive or negative?  At first it was positive then after a few days it turned out to be negative because of failed implantation
5.  Other info's like preparation, test/s before the procedure, do's and dont's, etc...
a.Try to be 100 % HEALTHY- as for my experience, I just recovered from flu and after 2 weeks we immediately started our IVF to catch up before I turn 35 this January. I had ocassional asthma attacks which did not help us after the embryo transfer. I also did not do something about my being acidic.
B. That's why it is important to have a healthy and reliable DIET Plan before &during  IVF.
Aside from the written advice of Dr. Novero of not eating papaya, banana, ampalaya, milk& dairy products after embryo transfer. I learned through my internet research that one should not eat mangoes, fish, processed foods, sticky foods and those with high acid levels so as not to make your uterus contract. It is important that one should eat walnuts and the core of pineapple for proper implantation. However, I only learned about this after our failed IVF.Moreover, take your vitamins and supplements which complements your health condition.
c. Undergo Immuno check-up- Before IVF we had our LIT, after two sessions we had a positive crossmatch.To be sure, we had one LIT booster. We were confident that we are ready to go but it wasnt enough. So we went back to our repro immuno Dr. Gloria and told us that we'll have a different game plan and I was going to undergo a series of test before we start IVF on April.
d. Acupunture- This is scientifically proven and again I submit that I was not that religious in going to my acupuncturist. But hours before our embryo transfer last december, I opted to have acupuncture in CARMI and it really helped me relax and improve my color coz I was scared then.After our failed IVF, I went back to my acupuncturist Dra. Ria in TCM, she told me that it would be better if i had acupuncture before the egg retrieval and after embryo transfer to relax the uterus. She said that from now on I have to undergo a once a week acu treatment to help me preapare for my FET.
e.Exercise, Relax in preparation for your IVF
f.Pray more and trust in the Lord's will for us- having a personal relationship with God will help us in our IVF journey and in all the psychological, physical and mental struggles attached to it. It is important that we should not try to control God into answering our prayers but to completely surrender for God's perfect will for us. Let us always praise and thank the Lord with all our might ..
   Sorry sisters for my long message. I hope you did not feel discouraged with my experience but instead learn from my mistakes and shortcomings..Let;s continue to pray for each other and believe that God will grant our hearts' desires to be blessed with Healthy Children in His perfect time..In Jesus Name, God will give us our miracle and Heal us..God bless us all

kayin

• GirlTalker
  • soon to be mom of twins... :D
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2012, 01:31:37 PM »
^sis, cherrys... si miss arlene pa rin ang secretary nya sa st. lukes global... pero si ms. vicky ang kausap ko. so inspiring ang ttc journey  mo. sana lahat ng mga classmate ko dito eh marecieve na ang greatest wish namin

^sis jeleina... thanks. taking notes of everything. sana maging successful ang first try nmin ni hubby...

by the way, about my IVF journey naman:

1.  When? most likely Feb or early March 2012 depende kay period.
2.  St. Lukes Global or Victory Art Lab? St. Lukes Global - CARMI
3.  How much did it cost you? 320-350k rough estimate including meds excluding lab test na umabot ng 12k (wahhhhh) at may serum estradiole test pa sa 2nd day ni period - i dont know how much yun
4.  Positive or negative? abangan natin but hopefulyl BFP ;D
5.  Other info's like preparation, test/s before the procedure, do's and dont's, etc... wala nman siya actually restrictions na binigay sa akin - diet en lifestyle - aside from avoid smoking, caffeine and too much hard drinks. more of self imposed restrictions based na rin sa research and advise ng mga sissies natin sa GT.
 medications naman is Marvelon pills on my part (P90.00 lang)
 si hubby  maxgxl (P6k - one month supply) bawal rin coffee and smoking and super hard drinks especially prior to collection...  konti lang sakripisyo niya.
God grant me the SERENITY
to accept the things I cannot change;
COURAGE to change the things I can;
and WISDOM to know the difference

jennylee

« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 09:53:14 PM »
hello everyone,

i have been reading posts on this site for years....but I never thought of posting some of m own until today...just like most of you here, im also having a hard time getting pregnant. ..ive been with 3 OBs and 2 REs pero wala pa din..the last RE said that both of my tubes are blocked....it was very devastating..i thought it was over but reading posts here seemed to help me a lot.... i always feel more hopeful and determined to have angels of my own too every time i read your posts.....

@sis cherryhys,your story has really touched my heart...it's funny how everyone in this site show support and hope for each other...

well, hubby and i are planning to go for our 1st IVF with Dr. Novero this June, i hope that we all get our little angels soon.

have a great day everyone.

aubrey888

• GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 09:27:41 AM »
^welcome to this thread sis jennylee!  :)  goodluck on your ttc journey!  we ALL can do it!   :)

Jeleina

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 02:15:04 PM »
Hello sisters. Ive just been to a chinese doctor herbalist, Dr.Tan in  Ongpin St. Binondo in front of Metrobank . He just took my pulse and he knew what's my sickness before telling him. I only told him that I want to get pregnant and he told me I have polycystic. He gave me the option of having tea or capsules and I said herbal tea na lang kasi ang dami ko nang iniinom na medicine. He said that if I want to get pregnant, I should avoid all kinds of sour foods. So I'll be taking the tea starting tom.Cleansing din di ba.God willing I might not need another IVF/FET.

bylan

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2012, 10:01:16 PM »
^Sis, as in lahat ng sour foods? including fruits? like mango, grapes and the link

Jeleina

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2012, 03:54:34 PM »
Hello sis bylan. Yes, dr.tan said all sour foods including sour fruit juices. Tiis lang tayo, I know all our sacrifices will be worth it.God will be our strength

jhoanne11108

• GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2012, 04:14:16 PM »
Hello sisters. Ive just been to a chinese doctor herbalist, Dr.Tan in  Ongpin St. Binondo in front of Metrobank . He just took my pulse and he knew what's my sickness before telling him. I only told him that I want to get pregnant and he told me I have polycystic. He gave me the option of having tea or capsules and I said herbal tea na lang kasi ang dami ko nang iniinom na medicine. He said that if I want to get pregnant, I should avoid all kinds of sour foods. So I'll be taking the tea starting tom.Cleansing din di ba.God willing I might not need another IVF/FET.

sis may contact number ka ba ng clinic ni Dr. Tan? may clinic ba sya pag saturday? Thanks
In God's perfect time!!!

bylan

• GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2012, 11:02:26 PM »
Hello sis bylan. Yes, dr.tan said all sour foods including sour fruit juices. Tiis lang tayo, I know all our sacrifices will be worth it.God will be our strength

thanks sis..hilig ko pa naman sa citrus fruits at orange/pineapple juice  :(

Jeleina

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2012, 05:33:25 PM »
Hi sis jhoanne1108! Sorry I lost his contact number. But I know his clinic schedule: Mondays-Saturday 9am-3pm. 

jhoanne11108

• GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2012, 05:44:56 PM »
Hi sis jhoanne1108! Sorry I lost his contact number. But I know his clinic schedule: Mondays-Saturday 9am-3pm.

hi sis, thanks sa reply.  How much ang pf ni dr. tan?  Hanapin na lang namin ni hubby sa ongpin st. yung clinic nya napapadaan kami dun twing check up namin sa ob eh.  Thanks again :)
In God's perfect time!!!

Richmate

• Probationary
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2012, 06:27:41 PM »
Hello Sis.
My ob is Dr. Anthony Marc Ancheta.  TTC for 7 years. FET with assisted hatching on Oct 10, 2011. Result: Positive.  I'm now on my 20th week of pregnancy. Cost for my fresh IVF last July 2011 500k, it depends on the medicines given to you.  The higher the dosage the more expensive.   For my FET it cost 150k and done at Victory Art Lab.
Prior to ivf Lab test needed: FSH, LH, Testoterone, Prolactin, Estradiol, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone and Free T4.
Days before the transfer I have to use crinone before bedtime till 12 weeks of my pregnancy. Doc only advise to lessen activity 2 days after transfer for embryoes to fully implant.

jhoanne11108

• GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2012, 04:17:41 PM »
hi sisses, pasensya na OT itong tanong ko.

sa mga patient ni Dr. Novero, does he still do IUI pa din ba? or puro IVF na lang?  Im planning to transfer kasi sa kanya sa next cycle ko eh.  Thanks
In God's perfect time!!!

aplc

• GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2012, 06:36:55 PM »
hi sisses, pasensya na OT itong tanong ko.

sa mga patient ni Dr. Novero, does he still do IUI pa din ba? or puro IVF na lang?  Im planning to transfer kasi sa kanya sa next cycle ko eh.  Thanks

Hi sis. Yes. He still does IUI. Just had my 3rd IUI (1st IUI with doc Novero) this cycle. I'm currently 11dpiui today. Sana maging successful. Kaya Lang ayoko mashadong magexpect. Super ok si doc. He's very straight forward. :)

jhoanne11108

• GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2012, 06:48:15 PM »
Hi sis. Yes. He still does IUI. Just had my 3rd IUI (1st IUI with doc Novero) this cycle. I'm currently 11dpiui today. Sana maging successful. Kaya Lang ayoko mashadong magexpect. Super ok si doc. He's very straight forward. :)

thanks sis, nagreply ako sa post mo sa IUI thread.
In God's perfect time!!!

Jeleina

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 09:56:58 AM »
Hello sis Jhoanne1108, ang pf ni Dr.Tan is 400. Its up to you kung herbal tea or capsules ang gusto mo na gamot. May list syang ibibigay ng mga bawal. Madali lang hanapin sa Ongpin St. yun basta pag nakita mo na yung corner alonzo st. 2nd building nun sa right side, Fu yong Mansion harap ng Metrobank.

jhoanne11108

• GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 04:53:03 PM »
Hello sis Jhoanne1108, ang pf ni Dr.Tan is 400. Its up to you kung herbal tea or capsules ang gusto mo na gamot. May list syang ibibigay ng mga bawal. Madali lang hanapin sa Ongpin St. yun basta pag nakita mo na yung corner alonzo st. 2nd building nun sa right side, Fu yong Mansion harap ng Metrobank.

thanks sis, jeleina sa infos :)
In God's perfect time!!!

iska

• GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2012, 10:43:55 AM »
Mga sis tanong ko lang is there any sperm bank in the Philippines? My hubby has azoospermia- so we need sperm donor talaga. Any advice or info is appreciated. Thanks!

cel_lim

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2012, 11:19:15 AM »
Do we have an option to choose if sa Carmi or sa Victory arts pwedeng gawin yung IVF procedures? I had failed IVF sa carmi, bka mas ok mga facilities ng victory and mas experienced na yung embryologist nila? Just a thought lang nman.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.