Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 21 OCT 14
Going swimsuit shopping? If you have wide shoulders, play up your torso with colorful bikini bottoms. A square neckline will also do wonders for your upper
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: BDO Peso Money Market Fund  (Read 5063 times)

ann08

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Thinking long term.
BDO Peso Money Market Fund
« on: January 08, 2012, 12:24:02 PM »
Hi sisses, just want to know the in's and out's of this type of investment. I have read somewhere that he is thinking about where to park his money either on BDO PMMF or SDA and that was left unanswered in a forum and why does he just narrowed his options in these two only. Are these somehow related in giving the capital, a high interest rate? SDA is known to us already as there is a thread na here. :) Need your thoughts about this BDO's PMMF. :) Thanks.
Quarter-life crisis.
Be the type of person you want to meet. :)
Be Random. :D

beautywhite

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I love Japan... Bihaku!!!
    • Japan Beauty Products
Re: BDO Peso Money Market Fund
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 03:41:44 PM »

hi sis ann! From what I had read from the brochure of BDO, seminar of EIP,the initial investment is P100,000.Peso money market fund investment are low fixed securities,advisable time to stay is 6 months.Malakihan ito dahil if ever you want additional investment for this is another P100,000,minimum pa lang po ang 100k.If willing sa risk ang mag invest ok lang ito.Again,if conservative type of investor,mag umpisa ka sa safest,BDO Peso Fixed Income.

mameejhy

• SuperMAMEE!
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Mamee + Babee Bookworms
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 02:59:32 PM »
Medyo malaki pala ang minimum amount required dito...

chic_clothes

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 10:48:52 PM »
this is what my hubby and i invest..eto kase yung suggest nung bank manager kaya nag tranafer kami from time deposit to money market..wala kase masyado kita sa td..

chocochips_31

• Celebrate Life! Cheers!
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I get a little cranky-especially when I'm hungry!
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 11:16:07 PM »
PMMF is much conservative compare sa ibang UITF products. This product is for investors who are averse to taking risks. UITF  products like PMMF is not a deposit account and it is not PDIC insured. Pwede kang mag-gain or pero rin mabawasan ang principal mo.  Php100,000.00 ang minimum amount of placement. No holding period (meaning you can redeem it kinabukasan kung gusto mo). Mas gusto ko ito compared sa regular time deposit. :) You can check sa website ng BDO kung nag-earn ka na through its NAVPU.
"There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy. Her HEART." --Melanie Griffith, Milk Money

chic_clothes

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 12:35:59 PM »
sis san sa site ng bdo pwede makita yun? thanks

chocochips_31

• Celebrate Life! Cheers!
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I get a little cranky-especially when I'm hungry!
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 12:10:24 AM »
if you want to know kung magkano na kinita ng pmmf placement mo, sa site ng bdo may portion dun na bdo uitf. makikita mo dun ang navpu ng mga uitf products. mutiply mo yung units of participation (given sa certificate) mo with the navpu for the given day, result is the updated principal or amount of investment.
"There is a place you can touch a woman that will drive her crazy. Her HEART." --Melanie Griffith, Milk Money

mxherr5

• work smart, not hard
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2012, 07:37:44 PM »
That's one way or if you have BDO Online, you can enroll
your investment online and you can see your actual loss/gain
without doing any calculation

Also this is now eligible for EIP at a minimum of 10k in contrast
to 1k for Balanced,Fixed Income and Equity funds

EL Kikay

• can't take the fake
    • Everything Longchamp - Everything Authentic
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 11:47:07 AM »
Hi sisses, just want to know the in's and out's of this type of investment. I have read somewhere that he is thinking about where to park his money either on BDO PMMF or SDA and that was left unanswered in a forum and why does he just narrowed his options in these two only. Are these somehow related in giving the capital, a high interest rate? SDA is known to us already as there is a thread na here. :) Need your thoughts about this BDO's PMMF. :) Thanks.
Hubby ko was a financial planner back in Canada, he told me a little about these funds.  He mentioned that a money market is super super conservative.  He had clients that had money in them, but he would caution them that having all of their savings there posed a risk as well... they barely outpace inflation and sometimes don't. 

ann08

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Thinking long term.
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 02:16:05 PM »
Hi, thanks for the replies. followup questions..

1) can I just redeem the profit of my principal amount? like if I invested 10,000 and it became 10,300. Can I withdraw only the 300 and retain the 10,000?

2) Off topic naman. :D sa ibang UITFs ng BDO, like ng Balanced fund and fixed income.. may Holding period ba? tulad ba yun ng mga time deposit or SDA that someone from the bank will call and ask if we will roll over for another days/month pa?

TIA. :) happy investing. :D
Quarter-life crisis.
Be the type of person you want to meet. :)
Be Random. :D

soumy01

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2012, 07:30:20 PM »
pasagot

2. 30 days holding period. hindi siya tulad ng time deposit or ng sda ,tuloy tuloy lang siya hanggat hindi mo nireredeem. ang concept ng UITF is the same sa mutual fund.

mxherr5

• work smart, not hard
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2012, 11:34:15 PM »
1.) Redemption is on a per certificate basis.
So it is possible, "technically"

If you invested 10,000, I would assume that
was the minimum investment requirement.

If your 10,000 gained 300 you can redeem
your COP(cert of participation) and then
just reinvest the 10,000.

Unfortunately, the holding period would start
all over again.

BDO has no official partial redemption

Hope that helped

Lei_Glee

• Pretty wifey and certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • To strive to seek to find & not to yield
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 06:27:25 AM »
Mga sis,
I only have a vague idea of this please post niyo naman step by step kung kunwari naginvest ko ng 100,000ph then ang uitf value currently sa bdo website is at 1,398.00 paano po ang step by step paginvest doon? Thanks in advance sa sasagot!
I SUPER UBER LOVE GIRLTALK!

soumy01

• GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2012, 10:38:48 AM »
^^ punta ka lang sa bdo sis, then fill up mga forms and yung risk assessment nila. hindi naman nila nirerequire na mag open ng savings account.

ang navpu ng fund mo nakabase sa araw na mag pasok ka ng pera, kung weekends monday na yun mapaprocess so monday na yung value non. so hindi mo rin alam kung anong navpu pagbumili ka paggabi na naglalabas ng navpu ang bdo. after 2 weeks babalikan mo yung certificate mo.

Lei_Glee

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2012, 09:45:29 PM »
Hi everyone,
Ask ko lang itong bdo pmmf same lang ba ang steps pag magopen ka ng time deposit?
Like yung 100k ibigay mo sa bdo then they give you your certificate? Then rollover mo na lang ganun din ba steps sa pmmf?
How do you know kumita ka na? Pag for example ang investment mo is 100k?
Ano ba mas low risk pmmf or fixed income?

chic_clothes

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 09:30:14 PM »
^ sis halos same lang din ang procedure niya coz before time deposit yung sa min puro roll over tapos nag suggest yung manager na sa money market na lang daw namin ilipat yung td namin..

Lei_Glee

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 09:12:23 PM »
^sis,
Halos ganyan din pala ang steps sa money market?
Malayo ba ang difference ng time deposit at money market..in terms of yung tubo ng pera?
Baka ilagay ko na lang sa pmmf ang time deposit ko..

chic_clothes

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 12:39:25 PM »
^ parang ganun din sis kase in one month yung 100k namin, P300 ang tinaas..kaya gusto ko itry yung sa FAMI..

Lei_Glee

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 11:10:33 PM »
Hi mga sis,
How does small frequent investment gain higher return in the long run against one time big time investment? Please explain using sample computation like if i will invest 10k.
Another question, if you invest in bdo peso money market fund is it automatically enrolled in the EIP where a fixed amount us debited from your savings and placed in you pmmf?
Thanks so much!

mxherr5

• work smart, not hard
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 12:33:36 PM »
It only applies to volatile funds like Equity
funds. i.e. it goes up and down a lot.

A money market fund on other hand usually
inches up slowly but surely =p

No, you won't be automatically enrolled in
an EIP. An EIP has separate forms you have
to fill up.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.