Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 23 NOV 14
No boyfriend? No problem! Learn to be comfy in your own company--it will help boost your self-confidence too!
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Repetto ballet flats  (Read 20090 times)

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
Repetto ballet flats
« on: January 04, 2012, 10:37:56 AM »
are they worth the price? thanks! ;)

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Repetto ballet flats
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 11:33:15 AM »
For me worth it if you buy in Europe. Bought 5 pairs last time I was in Paris. They are so comfy. I love my Repettos!

:)

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 11:40:02 AM »
^magkano at saan doon mama squeak?? lalo na tuloy ako excited mag Europe!! thanks!!

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 12:12:40 PM »
Repetto is going to have a store here in Manila.  The Bench Group is bringing it here.

Magkano kaya???

melvel

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 01:01:40 PM »
To be honest, I don't think they're worth it.  The soles are very thin, and there is no arch support.  The leather may be soft, but it's also very thin.

There are a lot of other ballet flat options out there that are just as comfortable, way cheaper, more durable and frankly, more stylish.

If you like basic flats, Topshop has a cheaper version of the basic Repetto black flat, it's about P2,200 locally. Here's the link on their website: Malachy flats

What I do like about Repetto though is the variety of color options.  So if you're looking for basic leather flats in a not-so-common color, Repetto is a good choice.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 01:06:10 PM by melvel »

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 01:53:54 PM »
^Thin soles are the concept of ballet flats anyway, right?  ;)  Mine though aren't so thin as they have rubber grip soles stitched on.

@m_lim, they range from EUR80 and up. Less ka pa ng tax rebate of 12%. The ones I got were in the EUR100-110 range. I couldn't resist the yummy colors so I ended up with 5 pairs  ;D  Good luck sa budget!

klm

• Probationary
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »
^magkano at saan doon mama squeak?? lalo na tuloy ako excited mag Europe!! thanks!!

There's a stand alone store in Rue de la Paix in Paris. Daming colors and styles to choose from.  They have high heels too.  :)

mrs.S.

• S H A W T Y M◎mma ✿ L♡ving Wifey ✿ Air Hockey,Yoga,"List"-L♡vin' ✿ Kinda☺ DiY FaBu
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Destiny is the bridge you build to the one you LUV
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 03:42:39 AM »
are they expensive than tieks by gavrieli?

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 08:16:07 PM »
A Repetto boutique will be opening soon at Greenbelt 3! Sana naman their prices are not as prohibitive as the ones being sold at Rustans. It's Suyen Corp. who is bringing them in. Same owners of Bench ito di ba?

foxymom

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2012, 09:47:33 AM »
i love repettos! they've been available in duty free since last year. USD195 for the flats. parang okay ang pricing. almost same price from the ones i got in paris :)

CebuGem

• Amber's Light
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Lucid Intervals
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2012, 03:08:06 PM »
they're cute but i find them too expensive. i could buy a pair of leather flats at half of Repetto's price.

letters_to_cleo

• Senior GirlTalker
  • happy, happy. my goal is to be happy!
    • Geek Wearing Makeup
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2012, 02:30:06 PM »
I still think they're worth it. For those with feet na madaling magsugat or magkalyo, repettos are great. Super soft leather and magaan sa paa. I buy sa Dutyfree rin when I go to Pinas. Though konti lang colors, but the basic colors are available naman. I wonder how much ang basic flats sa GB3?

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2012, 12:41:30 PM »
I just found out that there is a Repetto outlet store in Paris! Depending on the model the price range is from 30-50% off from their main boutique or stalls at the department store. I just hope they have my size when I visit next month.   ::)

foxymom

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 09:41:18 AM »
^mama squeak, can i get the address of the outlet store? gosh, i hope its near the city since we will be in paris only for 1 day! arrrggghhhh

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 05:01:34 PM »
^sis, it's in the city also at the Montmartre area. Address is 24 rue de Chateaudun 75009. It's actually a dance school at the ground floor, the shoes are sold upstairs. Let me know where you're staying so I can give you directions how to get there. If you still have the time hehe...

foxymom

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 11:59:17 AM »
^i will make time! wooohooo... what metro stop is nearest that address (wait i will google map it). we will be there jan.2 will take the first train to paris and leave paris around 7pm. i hope the store is open!

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 04:45:53 AM »
Just came from there and the prices are from EUR 80 to 120 for the ballerina flats. Mind you the items are limited in style, color and sizes. Only got a pair that I liked, pink Cendrillons!   :). They stock up every two to three weeks.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 05:19:17 AM »
Repettos are worth their price. That's the advantage -- the repertoire of colors that challenge Tod's line-up.   

However I prefer the ballet flats of JCrew ($130 at Woodbury) for bug bog no-guilt use (kahit maulanan :)).  But I really prefer Prada's version -- the ones with big bows  :). Which offer a better hold on the feet, IMO -- though the colors are not as yummy as Repettos'.   Bottom line, every traveling/career girl should have at least 1 Repetto pair. 

MAMA SQUEAK, be careful -- someone just  might kill for your yummy collection.  :). Ka inggit ka ha! 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 05:24:08 AM by aquacharly »

foxymom

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 08:38:45 AM »
@mama squeak, i googled earth the location! hahaha, im a size 39, madami bang ganun size?

@aquacharly, agree with everthing! :D :D :D

mama squeak!

• Global Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 03:01:20 PM »
@aquacharly, I'd kill for your B collection! LOL!   ;)

@foxymom, I saw a lot of big sizes (I'm a 41) but the styles and colors were very limited. That's why I only ended up with a pair. I had to go pa to their Rue De La Paix boutique to get the colors and styles that I wanted.

I really swear by my Repettos! They were my savior with all the walking we've been doing during our trip. Cobbled stones pa yan ha! They got rained on too! Really worth the price I paid!

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.