Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 02 SEP 14
Record your baby's laughter. Play it whenever you're feeling the burn at work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Party Planners Feedback  (Read 31871 times)

kareni

• GirlTalker
Re: Party Planners Feedback
« Reply #40 on: July 28, 2012, 06:23:58 AM »
I have a question?

Suppose I emailed a party planner for further queries with the intent of hiring them already, and it's more than 3 weeks but there's no response yet, do I just email again? Or call them up? (I'm sorry, I'm new at this. I'm not used and don't like online purchasing. I feel like I'm bothering people when I call them up on their cellphones, even though they're a business. It's different when you walk in a store or talk to someone in person.) Or do I just look for another planner and assume the one I asked isn't interested? Anyway, my party isn't till the end of the year. I'm wondering if that's why they don't respond to my emails, because there's no urgency?

(I would just like to note that I love the way Passion Cooks replies to emails. It makes insecure and paranoid people like me feel better about them for some reason. Ok, I digress. Wala lang.)

3 weeks without any response is way too long.  these vendors are in business and part of what is expected from them is customer service.  if i were in your shoes even if your party is happening by end of this year or 5 months from now i will look for another pp who can handle my worries and address my concerns promptly.

fyi, i started working on the last birthday of my son 11 months before the day and i was still upset some parts of the program and party did not happen the way i envisioned them although i got a lot of praises and congratulations even up to now 2 months after the party.

remember on the date itself you and your family should be enjoying the party with your guests with your pp handling the probs for you.  so if at this time that while you are still in the planning stage you already are not getting the kind of response that you want how much more when they have your deposit and locked with them, let us just hope you are not hostaged to them.

mseira

• Probationary
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2012, 09:28:27 AM »
@kareni

Thanks for the reply! :) I guess it's time to look for other suppliers then.

stormy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2012, 09:48:50 AM »
Si apple lagi naghahandle ng party ng anak ko at nakikipag meet naman sya. Check nya pa mismo yun venue bago sya nagsuggest ng decor nun 4th bday ng anak ko. Pero nun 2nd bday hindi kami nag-meet halos lahat kasi alam ko na yung gusto ko mangyari at dahil oa pa ako nun, kung ano gusto ko yun ang dapat masunod.

Like sinabihan ako ni apple na dami na food from the caterer kaunting food carts na lang, d pa rin ako nakinig. 9 na food carts pa rin tinuloy ko.

Sabi rin nya itry ko ang hindi branded na corn dogs same lang sa kids yun pero nag-muscle beach pa rin ako (3rd bday d na branded ok din nagustuhan nga ng mga bata).

Ito sis e based sa experience ko lang, if gusto ng client ng meeting sa PP nya e kailangan talaga mayroon. Iba2x needs ng clients at dapat ang PP ang mag aadjust.

aleng_maganda

• Senior GirlTalker
  • SAHM! and i love it...
« Reply #43 on: July 28, 2012, 10:39:34 PM »

^Whoah... 9 foodcarts? Baka pang tatlong araw na yung kinain ng mga guest sa kabusugan. Im sure nag enjoy ng husto mga kids and kids at heart. 

Iniisip ko din kung mag bbranded foodcart pa ko or generic na lang. Madami din kasi akong guest na hindi well-off kaya gusto ko matikman nila yung mga pagkain na madalang nila matikman. Kaya i can feel their enjoyment during the party. Pero ngayong gipit ako, im not so sure kung maeexecute ko ng maayos pero kahit not so bongga naman basta mairaos lang ng masaya, ayoko naman pilitin ang hindi kaya.. Basta enjoy lang. ;)
"Life is not as perfect as i wanted it to be BUT i am completely HAPPY!"

purplemuffin

• GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
@stormy thanks for the feedback regarding Apple  I appreciate it! 

Grabe sis! 9 foodcarts?  Sobrang dami nga.  I'm sure happy lahat ng guests mo.  Gusto ko rin ng maraming foodcarts kaso I would have to stick to my budget.  Di rin kasi talaga napaghandaan. 
Di na kasi kami magpapa-party.  Small celebration lang sana since I was plannng to take the kids to Disneyland.  Kaso sabi ni hubby, magpa-party pa din daw since si ate and kuya had their big celebration for their 1st birthdays.

@mseira, I suggest you look for other PP.  There are a lot of PP's out there and those that are highly recommended by a lot of people.  Don't limit your option.  Happy planning sis!

princessrio

• Super GirlTalker
  • God has given me the best gifts...
    • Our road 2 forever
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2012, 02:15:33 PM »
question lang..i've inquired to a party planner about their hosts and rates. naghahanap lang ako ng host and someone to facilitate the games kasi meron na akong entertainment. pp responded naman agad to my email. however, when i asked her the listof names of hosts, ang sabi lang nya eh kahit sinong available on the day.

ganon ba talaga yun?
my husband and son are my life <3

stormy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2012, 03:00:26 PM »
^ :) im not sure sis ha if ganun na talaga yun kasi d ba kahit mga d sikat naman sa fora e may kalendaryo pa rin. Magtanong ka kaya sis sa ibang PP baka sakali lang may mas direcho na sagot.

^naku d na ako uulit sa ganun klase na party sis :) if nakinig nga ako kay apple nun d siguro ganun kalaki ang nagastos ko.

@aleng_maganda, sis kahit d branded basta matino kausap ang supplier (masarap at presentable ang food cart) ok na sa mga bisita :)  tama ka sis, wag ipilit pag d na kaya. Masaya pag party pero masaya rin after kasi hindi nasira ang budget nakalaan sa iba  :)

princessrio

• Super GirlTalker
  • God has given me the best gifts...
    • Our road 2 forever
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2012, 03:40:01 PM »
thanks sis stormy. first time ko kasi for birthday party. shempre, gusto ko lang malaman yung supplier din nya para makahingi ako ng feedback here or from someone else. baka masyado syang maraming contacts kaya ganon.
my husband and son are my life <3

HelloKitty Mom

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2012, 03:56:03 PM »
@princessrio I agree with sis stormy and aside from that dapat bibigyan ka nila kahit little background nung host na ibibigay nila sayo. Hindi yung basta basta na lang magbibigay kung sino ang available. Remember, hosts together with the entertainers ang magdadala ng party mo. Mine, I got Tots Entertainment party experts. Merong short descriptions and pictures ng mga entertainers and party hosts sa site nila kaya may idea ka kung sino ang kukunin mo. They reply din agad within 24 hours.

aleng_maganda

• Senior GirlTalker
  • SAHM! and i love it...
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2012, 12:50:34 AM »
@sis stormy God is so good dami kong biglang sponsor. Almost 40% na expenses ng party sagot ng mga sponsor ko, syempre ang mga lola tito tita. And since maarte mga kapatid ko they want branded fc, sabi ko sige kayo mag bayad. At pumayag hahaha...
"Life is not as perfect as i wanted it to be BUT i am completely HAPPY!"

yanchee

• GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »
mga sis any feedback/reviews sa Tgis party shop & catering services.  nakita ko kasi sila sa multiply and maganda naman un mga photos. thanks

stormy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2012, 07:40:37 PM »
^^sarap naman may sponsors! :)

^sis may mga gters na na nakakuha sa tgis dati kaso natabunan na yata kasi dating-dati pa yun. Search mo na lang baka nasa bday kwento/stories pa :)

darna88

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2012, 11:51:46 PM »
sino kayang party planner ang may existing cute as a button first birthday theme?... thanks

ava_camille

• SAHM, wife , friend and
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • i love being me.....
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2012, 11:24:55 PM »
Is imma of kidstar kastle still active?
"Life is like taking photographs.We often pose the way we wanna be seen by the others.But sometimes by taking stolen shots they capture who we really are"

heaven_scent102

• Super GirlTalker
  • a proud wife and mommy :D
    • preciousbubbles online boutique (since 2007)
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2012, 11:05:55 AM »
^yes imma is still active :) for all of my 3 kid's parties i only trusted her, and for my bunso's party next october siya ulit magdedecor :)
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in Him..
Jeremiah 17:7-8

--a proud wife to my husband, mom to my 3 girls Maegan, Mariel and Maike :)

ava_camille

• SAHM, wife , friend and
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • i love being me.....
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2012, 11:07:53 PM »
^sis can you pm me her contact nos and website. Thanks
"Life is like taking photographs.We often pose the way we wanna be seen by the others.But sometimes by taking stolen shots they capture who we really are"

heartbreaker_Rae

• I am a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Happily married and 10 weeks pregnant
    • Colleen & Kyle's Trinkets
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2013, 01:08:23 AM »
Hi mga sis,

I have always done my daughter's, family's and friend's kids parties so di ako napapadaan dito sa forum na ito. Now lang kasi I have a new baby and I'm superduper busy.

Bluekaren sikat sya dito and matagal ko na syang nakikita since I'm a member since 2005 pa. I am an event coordinator din myself but to be safe kasi on both parties, I only ask for a minimal dp just to book the date para naman di hassle sa akin kung sakaling yung client ang di magpush through, usually 25%. Minsan kung kilala ko or there will be someone who will vouch for you hindi na ako nagpapa DP. Ang full payment is after the service.

Nakakalungkot ang mga naexperience nyo sis, hard earned money plus the stress.

Dapat ilabas na yung names ng mga PP na yan to warn other sisters para di na maulit. Hindi naman sa gusto nating sirain ang business nila intentionally but to make them stop yung panloloko nila. Ang point ko kasi dyan services ang business nila so kung gusto mong tumagal sa industry you should make sure na di ka gagawa ng kalokohan or di ka gagawa ng ikasisira ng name na matagal mong tinrabaho. And I'm sure naman kung ang reason ng pagpalya mo e di mo sinasadya pwede mo namang kausapin yung client, I'm sure maiintindihan nila yun. Like let's say di ka nakapunta sa event, dahil may emergency pag ni-explain mo sa client mo yang reason mo,magegets nila yun BUT... ayan may malaking BUT...as a professional planner you should have backup or plan B, magpadala ka ng assistant mo to carry out yung mga dapat na ikaw gagawa sa event para naman di mukha ewan yung client mo.
Having a honeymoon baby.

LC

• GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2013, 07:18:45 PM »
we got clowning around as our party planner. The planning stage we met only twice first was initial, then last was when i payed. She sometimes forget what we already talked about, and super late replies to my text, our centerpieces she only emailed me the design night before party. The event was last sun jan6, but surprisingly the party was a great success. the kids and adults alike were both entertained. up till now friends were still texting telling me how great/ memorable, how their kids loved it so much. :) We got everything from her, foodcarts, entertainments ( mini musical, magician with illusionist, acrobats), kiddie salon, decors, even photo ( care of BUB ) and video. All in all id give them 4 out of 5 since the party turned out great but I'm not that satisfied during the planning stage.

raych g.

• Probationary
Re: Party Planners Feedback NEW
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2013, 01:18:04 AM »
TRY REDAWN EVENTS for PARTY PLANNING subok na sya mga sis ;)

blessedmom22

• Probationary
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2013, 04:12:03 PM »
just registered...a newbee....need help finding cheaper venues for debut..tnx

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.