Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 23 OCT 14
Accidentally get super glue on your skin while finishing a home project? Soak it in acetone and wash with soap afterward.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4  (Read 58794 times)

socxymom

• Junior GirlTalker
new thread na po..waiting and hoping for more advancement on the next vb.. :)
GO-FIGHT-WIN!!!:)

septembernine

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Going to the US: I-130 Petition (Spouse/Immediate Relative) Part 4
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 09:46:35 PM »
sali ulit! :) wala pa bang balita?
-F2A: PD Mar 2010

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Say what's on your mind. ;)
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 04:52:18 AM »
Oy part 4 na tayo: E-copy and paste ko nalang yung sa kabila. That way, we still have the infos kung matuluyan na mawala yung part 3 na thread natin:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oi, may part 3 na pala tayo. Sayang din yung inputs natin doon sa old thread. Oh well...

I would like to copy and paste my timeline here and any post I find important to take notes: (for reference)

USCIS: IR-5

03/22/2010 - Sent I-130 for Both Parents via Express Mail
03/23/2010 - I-130 RCVD by USCIS
03/31/2010 - NOA 1 Receipt Date
04/14/2010 - NOA 1 RCVD
09/22/2010 - Approved
09/28/2010 - RCVD NOA 2

NVC:

10/06/2010 - NVC RCVD our Case from USCIS
10/12/2010 - All Day trying to Call NVC; line is sooo BUSY.
10/13/2010 - @ 1:28 AM CT I RCVD an email from NVC for my Mom's Case# & to pay AOS fee bill of $88. Haven't RCVD any yet for my Dad's petition.
10/13/2010 - @ 3:49 AM CT I RCVD an email from NVC for my Mom's DS-3032
10/13/2010 - @ 5:08 AM CT Emailed NVC to registered our respective Email Add'es.
10/13/2010 - @ 2:47 PM CT Finally got thru to NVC & registered our Email Add'es & Got my Dad's NVC Case#. Yey!
10/14/2010 - Paid AOS fee of $88.00 for Both Parents
10/14/2010 - Emailed DS 3032
10/15/2010 - @ 10:30 PM RCVD an email from NVC for my Dad's ACL Universal
10/16/2010 - @ 12:53 PM RCVD Signed DOCS package from my Parents
10/19/2010 - @ 12:33 AM AOS shown as PAID & Printed the AOS Cover Sheet
10/20/2010 - Sent DS 3032 Hard Copy
10/25/2010 - DS 3032 Delivered
10/28/2010 - Sent I-864 (AOS) on the Mail
10/28/2010 - @ 4:49 AM DS 3032 Accepted
11/01/2010 - IV Fee Bill Generated
11/02/2010 - AOS Delivered
11/15/2010 - My Parents RCVD their NEW Passports, PAID IV Fee Bill of $404 for each Parent
11/16/2010 - IV Fee Bill shown as PAID & Printed the coversheet
12/02/2010 - DS 230 Mailed
12/30/2010 - NVC emailed me Case Complete
01/18 and 19/2011 - Medical Date
02/03/2011 - Interview Date
02/03/2011 - Visa Approved
02/09/2011 - Visa on Hand
03/11/2011 - Fly out

Citizenship Timeline:

09/28/2009 - Submitted Application
10/05/2009 - NOA
10/24/2009 - Biometric Appointment
12/16/2009 - Interview Date/Testing
02/25/2010 - Oath Ceremony (Pledge)

So 3 months if I choose the option to take my oath after the interview but if you wait like me mga 5 months to get a schedule for your oath ceremony with other people who will sworn in (pledge). Mas maganda kasi for me if formal, dami kayo. Than doon lang sa immigration office mag pledge with a few others (mga 5 or so people).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

About CSPA pala, here's a link I found sa USE Manila website: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3228.html

I found this: CSPA (Child Status Protection Act) Age Calculator

http://www.viet.ws/CSPA.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@sis aien, why hindi kasama yung baby mo sa petition? If you have included her sa forms mo I think makakasa mo sana cya. But I think maybe the petitioner can call USCIS to expidite the process sis. Describe the reason why they will grant you to expidiate the case. Maybe hardship? Medical reasons...You can't leave your baby behind when you already have a deadline on your visa.

After they grant you na e-expidiate ang case ng baby mo sa USCIS, they (USCIS) will transfer your baby's papers sa NVC. When NVC has the physical papers na of your baby, you can then asked NVC to expediate your baby's case para e-transfer nila sa US Embassy Manila yung papers nya. Here's a format on how to asked to expidiate sa NVC.

To request an expedite from NVC:
1) Call NVC and tell them that you received an Expedite Approval from USCIS. They will ask for your case number.
2) You will be asked to send a Doctor's letter by snail mail to a NVC Supervisor.
3) Ask if you can Fax or Email the letter instead. Email is an option but they do not tell you unless you ask.
4) Your email must:
be addressed to the USCIS Supervisor given to you during the phone call and contain:
a) Email subject line "Attention Supervisor (supervisor's name)
a) your name and birth date
b) your beneficiary's name, birth date and USCIS case number
c) A justification for your need of the Expedite service
d) the Doctor's letter explaining you medical condition "in layman's terms", if not doctor's letter, documents/evidence why you need to expidiate the case.

PPS: Once USCIS or NVC grant you expidiency, the process is very fast sa USCIS maybe a month or 2, sa NVC more like a week or 2. And once US Embassy Manila received the papers forwarded by NVC you can call them if sa schedule of your interview date and medical. I think a week or 2 din may respond kana. You can pay the AOS and IV Fee Bill sa Embassy na. I read someone who did this sa visajourney pinoy din. 48 days lang for USCIS approval, 8 days sa NVC process, after 2 weeks na nasa US embassy yung papers nila they had their medical and the interview was schedule a week after. Pretty fast dba?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@sis kuruga, you can email your DS 3032 Choice of Agent at the NVC email address: [email protected].

Just follow the format they have here for emailing them: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html

In order to ensure a prompt response:

-Enter your NVC Case Number in the Subject Line of the e-mail.
-Provide the applicants name and date of birth and the petitioners name and date of birth.
-If you are an attorney, include the name of the law office requesting the information.
-If the petition is employment-based, include the company/organization name.
-Ask about only one case per e-mail.

Here's a link for an email template/sample for DS 3032: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

The DS 3032 hard copy is the print out form of this: http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/80023.pdf

Beneficiary will be the one to appoint who he/she wants to received all the communication from the NVC. About where to send the Hard Copy of the DS 3032 you'll received an email naman where to send it usually ito address:

National Visa Center
Attn: WC
31 Rochester Avenue, Suite 200
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909

NVC preffered to contact you via email kasi fast so it's best to registered your email address to them so once they have something done to your papers you will immediately know kahit madaling araw na. He he  Call NVC at tel#: 603-334-0700 so you can registered your email. Once they accepted the DS 3032, all communication will be thru your email. They will send you the AOS, IV Fee Bill, Instructions etc...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link on where to sign in and gauge if case complete na kayo if sign in failed, it mean case complete.

Here's the link:  https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Family First Preference: A category of family immigration (F1) for unmarried sons and daughters of American citizens, and their children. Visit our Family Based Immigration webpage for more info.

Family Second Preference: A category of family immigration (F2) for spouses, children and unmarried sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents. Visit our Family Based Immigration webpage for more info.

Family Third Preference: A category of family immigration (F3) for married sons and daughters of American citizens and their spouses and children. Before 1992 this was known as fourth preference (P-4). Visit our Family Based Immigration webpage for more info.

Family Fourth Preference: A category of family immigration (F4) for brothers and sisters of American citizens and their spouses and children. The American citizen must be 21 years of age or older before he/she can file the petition.  Before 1992 this was known as fifth preference (P-5). Visit our Family Based Immigration webpage for more info.

Useful links:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/glossary/glossary_1363.html#family

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_1306.html

Visa Bulletin link is this:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5212.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now, about sa petition ng parents ko. Their interview will be tomorrow na Feb 3rd at 8:30 am. Please pray for us mga sis that everything is fine and ma-aapprove sila on that day. :D Thanks mga sis... ;)
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Say what's on your mind. ;)
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 04:54:23 AM »
===========================================

Quote from: kaizen on October 05, 2006, 02:57:11 PM
Here's the process based on my experience.

1. SEND I-130 form to Service Center - Service Center will depend where your petitioner is, as for mine, we submitted it to California Service Center

2. NOTICE OF ACTION 1 (NOA1) - This will be coming from the Department of Homeland Securities. NOA1 is an acknowledgement receipt that they received your I-130 form, usually you'll get it a week after you submitted the I-130.

3. NOTICE OF ACTION 2 (NOA2) - Notice if the petition filed is approved or not. Length of time you'll receive this may vary from 2 - 8 months, depends on the Service Center

4. CASE NUMBER - If you're here in the Philippines, this will start with MNL200xxxxxxx. NVC assigns this.

5. CHOICE OF AGENT - The applicant, the one being petitioned, will be the one who'll sign the DS-3032. You need to assign an agent who will receive all future correspondences from NVC, it could be anyone (applicant, your petitioner, or a lawyer). As for my case, I was the Choice of Agent, so my hubby and i could save money and time. Since all the forms (except Form I-864 a.k.a. Affidavit of Support), will be filled-up and signed by me. I received this 2 weeks after i was assigned the case number. Payong kapatid, if you feel secure that all your papers are legal & in order, don't hire an attorney na. Kayang-kaya nyo ng i-fill up ang forms, since all the information will only be about you.

6. AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT - Your petitioner will be the one who'll receive this. He/She will need to pay $70.

7. FEE BILL FORM - The petitioner could pay this in cashier’s check or money order in U.S. dollars, drawn on a U.S. bank. $380.00

8. DS-230 PACKET - The choice of agent will receive this (if you're not the choice of agent), but it's the applicant who will sign. Make sure that you follow instruction when filling this up: write your case number at the top-right portion of each page. When you mail this, be sure that you have attached a photocopy of your passport, NBI clearance, etc. with your case number again at the top-right portion.

9. APPOINTMENT PACKET - a.k.a Packet IV. While waiting for this, you could also check the status of your case online:   Interview Appointment Status

NOTE:
*If you're under California Service Center, and still waiting for NOA 2, check the processing dates in    THIS LINK

* If you're a nomad, just like me, try to trace your place of residence since you were 16 years old. Not the exact address, just the city, town, country. As well as you're employment information for the last 10 years. You will need this in filling-up the DS-230.

* While waiting for your Appointment Packet, request already for a copy of your: Birth Certificate, Marriage Certificate, NBI Clearance. But take note that these will only be valid for 1 year.

* When you have your Appointment letter, you could already take the medical exam at St. Lukes Extension Clinic.

Quote from: kaizen on January 09, 2007, 03:18:35 AM
hotmom: yes, you could take the medical exam 1 month before your scheduled interview. Just make sure that when you go there, you don't have your monthly period and bring your appointment letter with you. That's what i did, took the exam 33 days before my interview.

Medical exam at St. Luke's Extension Clinic would take 2 days, you could stay at the hotels nearby.

Here's what you asked for:

General Requirements:
* 3 pcs (2x2 photographs with white background): You'll only need 1 on the 1st day, but 2 pictures on the 2nd day for the release of the medical results, write your full name at the back of each photograph. It doesn't matter if in your photograph, you're wearing jewelries. Don't be easily persuaded by the people outside the clinic to have your picture taken.
*Appointment letter (original & photocopy)
*Passport which is valid for at least 6 months
*Black Ballpen

Bring the following ONLY when applicable:
*If you have already a vaccination record, bring that as well as the Medical Certificate stating that you have already received said vaccinations. Make sure that the license number of the doctor who conducted it is included in the certificate. Bring original & photocopy.
*Previous film of chest X-Ray (taken more than 3-months ago)

I understand that the packet says that we need to bring the other documents asked by the embassy and SLEC will be the one to arrange it for us, but no, you only need the requirements i typed above.

I encourage that you place all these on a clear plastic envelope to be organized instead of carrying each separately. In my case, I also brought a paper bag so that I could easily retrieve documents without them falling off the floor.

First day at St. Lukes Extension Clinic (SLEC)

1. Verification of the US Embassy Appointment Letter by the SLEC guards
I arrived at 4:00am, I was number 14. I stayed at Bayview Hotel the night before.
At 4:30am, the guards already let us in. He checked my passport & gave me several Patient Data Sheet (PDS) forms, priority number, Flowchart of what will happen on the 1st & 2nd day, and the SLEC stamp at the back of my hand.

2. Filling up of the PDS form (Ground Floor)
Some of the Patient Data Sheet questions:
*Name (Last, First, Middle)
*Civil Status
*Case Number: MNL2005******
*Classification: CR1
*Consul: Manila, Philippines
*Present country of Residence: Philippines
*Previous country of Residence: N/A
*Passport Number:
*Place where passport was issued: Manila, Philippines
*Date when passport was released: Oct **, 200*
*Birthplace: City, Philippines
*Date of previous Chest X-Ray
*Is this your first time for a medical here at SLEC?
*Intended date of departure for the USA : mm/dd/yyyy
*Port of Entry:
*Complete address in the USA :
*Tel. No. in the USA :
*Is your petitioner still alive? Yes
*Contact person at the above USA address:
*Name of your nearest relative in USA : (Last, First, Middle)
*Relationship:
*Complete Address of your nearest relative in the US:
*Telephone number of your nearest relative in the US:

Bring your jacket, since SLEC is centralized. Also, it will be better if on your first day, you'll wear slippers (no heels) instead of rubber shoes. Since you will be asked to remove your footwear for the physical as well as on the height & weight determination. You could bring bottled water inside SLEC.

3. Submission of accomplished PDS form at the Reception Area where digital picture-taking and encoding of data are done (Ground Floor)
*Senior Citizens are given priority here, after them, the priority number will already be used.
*Receptionist will ask you for 1 photograph & they will attach it to the PDS, they'll also ask if it's your first time at SLEC.

4. Payment at the Cashier (5th Floor) US $95.00
*Philippine currency. I paid Php4,940.00 (this will be dependent on the conversion rate for the day)
*Priority numbers are no longer used here, since you already submitted that on step #3. So expect that those who came in later than you, could be now ahead in line.
*Keep your Official Receipt handy, since this will be asked from you every now & then.

5. X-RAY (3rd Floor)
*You will be asked when your first day of menstruation was, if you could provide your last X-Ray film, date of last Chest X-ray, and sign some documents (4 times). I said no, I can't provide my x-ray film since I already misplaced it & it was taken year 2000. The nurse said, "ok". It's not really a big deal since that was taken many years ago.
*You will be asked to remove your blouse & bra, and to don on the lab-gown. (there's a separate x-ray room for the male & female)
*If you have any necklace, you will also be asked to remove that.
*For those with long hair, you will be asked by the X-Ray operator to ponytail your hair.

6. Laboratory (4th Floor)
*Go to the Reception area (near the elevator) and submit your passport & PDS forms.
*Fill-up one of the forms stacked on the left side of the 4th floor reception counter
*Sit down & wait for your name to be called.
*Once called, the receptionist will then give you a vial.
*Go to the other side of the room, where the Blood extraction is conducted. (The nurse here is very kind. She's so comforting.)
*Proceed to the Urinalysis area. Get a plastic container from the personnel stationed just outside the CR. Make sure that you use the CR just in-front of her and leave your things on her table so she wouldn't give you a hard time. They have to make sure that the urine sample is really yours.

7. Vital Signs (5th Floor- US area)
* Eyes : you will be asked to read the letters from the Snellen Chart. The guy asked me to read the letters in the DEFPOTEC area. Good thing I've memorized that line

*Height, Weight, & Blood Pressure : line here is quite long, no priority number is given.

After step #7, proceed to the reception area in the 5th floor and ask the receptionist for a priority number. They will give you one and direct you to either the Immunization Interview area or the Physical Exam area, whichever has the least number of people in line.

8.Physical Exam (5th Floor)
*It was here that the receptionist directed me. There are 10 rooms, I was assigned at room 8.
*There were 2 doctors in the room but only 1 conducted the physical exam, while the other one was checking some documents. (for the other applicants, only 1 doctor was present inside the room, lucky them)
*The doctor asked me to disrobe completely, put on the lab gown, and lie down on the bed
*She checked my ears, neck, breast, stomach
*If you have any scar/keloid, she'll ask where you got that.
*As for "down there", she just peeked for about 5-seconds (no touching, no pap smear)
*After that, she already asked me to get dressed
*I sat in-front of her desk while she asked me several questions

Some questions she asked me: (these questions could be found at the sheet given to you by the lobby guard)
- date of the first day of my menstruation: July 24
- if I had any major operation: No
- history of stroke, high blood: No
-history of diabetes: No
-history of asthma: no
- suicidal attempt: No
- given birth: No
-Liver or kidney problem: No
- abortion: No
-Mental disorder: No
- physical defects/abnormalities: none
- case of syphilis or any STD, UTI: no
- Drug abuse/addiction: no
-Have you ever been hospitalized before?: No
-Do you have dentures? None
-Complete set of teeth? Yes

*make sure you answer the questions truthfully since the results here could be detected in your blood or urine
*After the doctor asked you these questions, she will scribble some notes on your form (you could read her notes once you're out of the room to see if she will recommend some treatments for you). I was happy to read what she had written about me . There's also a line there where she could check the box if she thinks you're not being truthful in your answers.
*Get undress & dress quickly so as to prevent the doctor from getting grumpy. Be considerate of the other patients waiting outside for their turn.

9. Check-Out Counter (3rd Floor)
*I was here 10:00am
*Gave all the PDS forms to the nurse at the check-out counter, she asked me to eat lunch first, then come back at 2:00pm in the afternoon, and proceed to the 2nd floor Immunization Interview Area.

I ate at the restaurant just in-front of SLEC, then I came back to the 2nd floor, as instructed. By this time, I'm only holding my passport, since all the other documents were collected at the Check-Out counter.

10. Immunization Interview (2nd Floor)
*Panel physician asked if I already had any immunization, I said, "Yes I do have". Then I showed her my vaccination record. She told me that what I should present is a medical certificate. I told her I don't have that, she advised me to get one and just come back the next day. Good thing that i had my vaccination done at Makati before, so i easily got a medical certificate from my Pediatrician. Imagine if i don't live anywhere near Metro Manila.
*She gave me back my receipt
*Time was 3:15pm

Take note that by this time, I only have the Official Receipt & my passport.

2nd day at St. Lukes Extension Clinic
*I arrived at SLEC around 11:15pm, i'm wearing rubber shoes now, since i'm sure i wouldn't have to disrobe anymore.
*I brought a book with me but i didn't read it, even though i had to wait for a long time. I got paranoid that i might be so engrossed with what i'm reading that i wouldn't be able to hear my name being called. So i just sat there patiently.
*If you've already checked-out of your hotel by this time, you could leave your baggage at the lobby guard, just make sure you have a claim tag
*I showed the guard my Official Receipt, he then counter-checked my name against his Master list.
*He asked me to go to Counter A.
1. Counter A (Ground Floor)
* this is where you'll receive instructions for additional tests or requirements and scheduled accordingly
*I placed my Official Receipt at the box and waited for my name to be called.
*By this time, I'm holding only my passport
*They don't take a break for Lunch, so it's good.
*If you could, refrain from too much talking with your seatmate and listen attentively for your name.
*I was in the ground floor, but I heard my name being called from the 2nd floor. Good thing I wasn't chatting with anybody at that time. So I rushed myself to the 2nd floor.

2. Immunization Interview (2nd floor)
*The panel physician asked me again if I have already been vaccinated, this time, I confidently gave her my medical certificate. She gave me back the original, while she kept the photocopy.
*I wasn't given anymore Vaccination shots since I have already vaccinations before as proven by my medical certificate.
*She asked if I already had chicken pox, I said yes and showed her the mark.
*She said, "Ok, just go down to the releasing area and wait for your name to be called. Eat your lunch first since, it sometimes takes up 2 hours".
*I didn't eat lunch of course (although, I wish I had), and went straight to the releasing area.
*It's 12:20pm

3. Releasing Section (Ground Floor)
*I was called at 1:28pm
*Counters are from A-F. Personnel here uses landline phone units as their microphones, so be attentive, as these units are not very clear.
*My name was called by a guy at counter F. He asked me for 2pcs 2x2 pictures (identical, with my name written at the back of the photograph), and he asked me to sign a document. He then asked me to sit down, and wait for my name to be called again.
*I was called again by a nurse at counter E. She asked me the following:
- name
- birth date
- she showed me my picture taken the day before, and asked if I'm the same person, I said "yes".
*She then gave me my X-Ray film, and informed me that they will be the one who will forward my passport and medical result at the embassy.
*She also gave me my personal copy of Vaccination Documentation Worksheet.
*By this time, I have the following on-hand: X-Ray film, Vaccination Documentation Worksheet, and Official Receipt
*I finished my medical exam by 3:30pm
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

septembernine

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 11:28:38 AM »
thanks sis lyn!  :) ;)

kalaiyaan

• Supah blessed in many ways
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Im very much loved :)
    • Itzme!whydoUcare?
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 11:37:32 AM »
F2B Mar2007 joining in!
The greatest tragedy is not DEATH, but a LIFE without purpose.

ghichy

• Pretty GaL
  • GirlTalker
  • Baby GhurL
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011, 02:33:13 PM »
hi ladies, help naman i'm confused with the new process na ine-email lang sa kanila yun forms and docs then yun next step is nasa receipt pala. can anyone pls tell me yun sunod sunod. I just paid the AOs fee $88 and visa $404. ano na ba next yun ds230 or filled out form ng AOS? thanks so much.
"i just love being ME"

Cardilene

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 05:52:14 AM »
Good day all,...

Some F2A people in VJ already received their interview schedule,
their PD is at April 16-19, 2009, seems the latest VB would be around
April 28 or May 1, 2009,...

Good luck everyone,...
F2A: PD June 2009

socxymom

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 09:02:59 AM »
^ hopefully its May or much more..:) your PD is near approaching..Good luck and God bless...

khat

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 09:24:47 AM »
i want to keep track of this thread,dahil soon may mga kailangan ako malaman sa mga petition thingy, i want to keep updated, this one really help a lot,very informative

septembernine

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 10:57:21 AM »
lapit na PD ni cardilene. current kana siguro in feb 2012 VB  :)

septembernine

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 05:12:44 PM »
my bro-in-law (F3) received an interview letter. now the problem is, the petitioner died last year and ang sabi nga nila 'the petition dies with the petitioner' . been reading info's about humanitarian reinstatement but I have yet to fully understand it.

Cardilene

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2011, 10:20:58 AM »
my bro-in-law (F3) received an interview letter. now the problem is, the petitioner died last year and ang sabi nga nila 'the petition dies with the petitioner' . been reading info's about humanitarian reinstatement but I have yet to fully understand it.

This is a good read:

http://www.gurfinkel.com/imm_updates90.htm (parts 1 to 3)
http://www.gurfinkel.com/updates_immigration.htm

It would be best to seek the help of an immigration lawyer in this case,...
Good luck,...

septembernine

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2011, 11:41:00 AM »
^thanks! ive scoured the net regarding this but read more unfavorable results than good ones..

septembernine

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 11:36:46 PM »
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5630.html

visa bulletin for january 2012 is out. only 1 month movement for F2A. why kaya so slow ng progress

rache

• GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2011, 11:11:02 AM »
my parents and sister just got their visa approved, do they have to go to the US all at the same time?

Cardilene

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2011, 12:30:53 PM »
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5630.html

visa bulletin for january 2012 is out. only 1 month movement for F2A. why kaya so slow ng progress

Yeah,.. its pretty frustrating,
but we still have to be thankful coz its moving forward,...
we're just a couple of months away,..
I better start preparing and checking all our documents,...

cheers all,..

socxymom

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 09:25:11 AM »
^yay!i just miss the feeling of being busy again completing and preparing the documents/requirements needed..looking forward to it also...

hopefully dates will advance in 2-3 months interval..nothing is impossible let's all pray for a faster movement.. :)

snowflakes

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 11:16:53 AM »
can you petition your parents if you're still an immigrant?

Cardilene

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 08:46:58 AM »
Thank God the latest VB moved forward,...
No exact date yet, but someone with a PD of May 29, 2009 in VJ
just got his interview date,... Thankful at puro forward,
it may be at a slow pace, pero ang mahalaga ay umaabante sya,..

Good luck to all,...

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.