Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 19 DEC 14
Want to look and feel beautiful? Spritz on a sexy scent on your pulse points for an instant confidence boost.
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: is it better to know each others passwords?  (Read 14423 times)

pretty_in_victorian

• makeup & beauty junkie
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • NICU nurse; potterhead; hello kitty addict
is it better to know each others passwords?
« on: October 29, 2011, 08:53:06 PM »
i have been going out with my current BF for exactly 100 months now. i'm very happy with what we have. i trust him completely. i'm ready to marry him. that's how serious i am.

i recently chatted with my girl friends and one of my friends got cheated on. she knows her bf's passwords so she decided to check and she found out her bf was cheating on her and they asked me if i knew my BF's password. i told them i don't know his password because IMO emails, text messages, bank statements, payslips, etc are confidential. it's like violating my privacy because i wouldn't want him to know my stuff too. i want my privacy so i'm giving his too.

what's your take on this sissies?
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little if only out of politeness. And then,you never know,maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. -Coco Chanel

fornarina

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: is it better to know each others passwords?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 09:18:16 PM »
sis me and bf are on our 101th month....but we know each others passwords i don't find anything wrong with it naman...i'm the only one with fb but i allow him to access my account rin. I guess it just really depends on the both of you on up to what extent you want your privacy to be.

snowflakesdance

• GirlTalker
    • I ♥ Pastel Pink
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 09:19:56 PM »
For me, if he wants to give his password/s to me, then it's okay. if he asks for my password/s, then I don't mind giving it either. BUT regarding bank statements or anything that involves money, e kapag asawa ko na sya, pwede na. :P

AND I'll never ask for his password nor will I offer mine. Hindi naman kasi issue sa akin yung email accounts, social networking accounts etc... Kasi ang lalaki, kung talagang gusto nilang magcheat, makakahanap at makakahanap sya ng paraan.
I ♥ Pastel Pink Blog
I ♥ Pastel Pink@youtube - Polymer Clay Creations and Tutorials and other kawaii stuff

pretty_in_victorian

• makeup & beauty junkie
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 09:56:21 PM »
^^ di namin pinaguusapan yung giving out passwords eh because i guess we trust each other kaya ok lang na di kami nagchecheck on each other..

^ i'd never voluntarily give my password in exchange for his :D i agree kung may gusto silang gawin madaming paraan..
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little if only out of politeness. And then,you never know,maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. -Coco Chanel

thegimp

• GirlTalker
  • yeah, why not? it's just for fun eh?! - Mr.Wright
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 08:17:36 PM »
my take?  Well, it wouldn't hurt asking it from your bf, would it?  just try it, pag hindi nya binigay 2 things lang yun...it's either he wants you to respect his privacy, or may kalokohan sa email nya (kalokohan could be anything, pwedeng he's cheating or some guys store naughty videos or pics sa email, you know what I mean..) ;D

If you know your guy that much, you probably know his personality already.  Is he the reserve type that values privacy? then expect that he'll not give you his password.  Now, if your guy is a bit naughty by nature, expect the latter.. :o afterall, kung wala nmng dapat itago, a guy wouldn't mind sharing his password.. ;)

ohcmon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2011, 09:14:14 PM »
If you're bothered with what happened to your friend, make kwento na lang to your boyfriend about it and see how he reacts. From there, you'll have an idea of what his reaction might be without asking for his passwords (and having him ask yours as well).

Ako, personally I do not ask for my boyfriend's passwords nor I give away mine. Hindi naman sa may tinatago ako, ayoko lang nung we know na everything about each other. Feeling ko kasi it's still better kung may natitira pa ring kahit konting privacy sa inyo ni bf no matter how long you two are together na. Besides, pinagmumulan lang ng away 'yan, so 'di bale na lang. I trust him, he trusts me, what could the problem be? ;)

thegimp

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2011, 09:19:51 PM »
If you're bothered with what happened to your friend, make kwento na lang to your boyfriend about it and see how he reacts. From there, you'll have an idea of what his reaction might be without asking for his passwords (and having him ask yours as well).

Ako, personally I do not ask for my boyfriend's passwords nor I give away mine. Hindi naman sa may tinatago ako, ayoko lang nung we know na everything about each other. Feeling ko kasi it's still better kung may natitira pa ring kahit konting privacy sa inyo ni bf no matter how long you two are together na. Besides, pinagmumulan lang ng away 'yan, so 'di bale na lang. I trust him, he trusts me, what could the problem be? ;)

totally agree..=)

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2011, 10:03:53 PM »
Hahaha, I would find a way to know his (whether he offers it or I get hold of it somehow);   but I sure wouldn't give mine. :).

smitten

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 10:50:49 PM »
My ex asked for my password before and I gave it even though I didn't know why he wanted it in the first place. In the end, he used it to check my emails. Then, he would get mad if I emailed someone he didn't like. When we broke up, he started sending emails using my email address to tell friends that I was no good. In the end, I changed my password but what I learned was that, if you trust your partner, there is no need for you to know each others passwords to all your online accounts.

thegimp

• GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2011, 10:58:18 PM »
@smitten good to know he's your EX now..your ex is pathetic.  I have to agree with you, kung kilala at may tiwala ka sa partner mo, there's no need to know each others passwords.

inkslinger

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
Nope. Relationship is about R-E-S-P-E-C-T: respect for individuality and personal privacy of the partner.

k_heart

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2011, 02:02:46 AM »
Kung mag asawa na, ok lang kung alam ng isa't isa ang mga passwords sa yahoo, fb, etc. Kami nung hubby ko, alam namin lahat ng passwords ng isa't isa, no big deal at normal lang for us. Kasi wala naman kaming secrets or tinatago to each other. We trust each other.
Pero kung bf/gf pa lang, i would rather have my privacy and i will not snoop rin sa mga private correspondences nya. We'll ganun kami nung bf/gf pa lang, walang tanungan pa ng passwords at wala rin naman ako pakialam nun kasi i trust him also.
Pero nung nagingnhusband and wife na kami, ayun, it just came naturally for both of us, na ibigay yung mga passwords based sa mga circumtances like may need ako ipacheck at ipa print na emails, etc. Sometimes pa nga, mas memorize pa nya mga passwords ko kesa akin.
And wala ako FB, so dun ako sa FB nya nakiki chismis ng chika ng mga common friends namin. 

pretty_in_victorian

• makeup & beauty junkie
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2011, 04:33:16 PM »
ocmom: i have the same sentiments as you. i like that he doesn't know EVERYTHING about me.. ;D

smitten: feeling ko kasi magiging cause lang ng away pag alam namin yung passwords ng isa't isa. hindi sa may tinatago pero diba "personal" stuff should be private as in ikaw lang. di ko pa sya asawa! :P

inkslinger: i agree!

k_heart: i trust him too so i'm ok na ganito kami..

pinipilit kasi ako  ng girl friends ko na alamin.. eh ayoko naman kasi..

k_heart

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 05:07:38 PM »
^Agree with you sis, pag bf/gf pa lang, no need naman to know each others passwords. Knowing that you trust each other is enough! : )

Regarding pag mag GF/BF pa lang, medyo mahirap pag nag break tapos hindi maganda ang circumstances ng break-up, pwedeng mag retaliate each other using emails,etc of each other. So, hindi sya advisable. Sounds cute lang pero not advisable! : )

Mas ok pa rin talaga sis, na may mystery pa tayo pag bf/gf! : )

pretty_in_victorian

• makeup & beauty junkie
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2011, 05:17:09 PM »
^ i agree.. i tell him everything! eto lang yung part ng mundo ko na tago sa kanya..

thegimp

• GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 06:23:56 PM »
Nope. Relationship is about R-E-S-P-E-C-T: respect for individuality and personal privacy of the partner.

correct sis.. :)

ReservoirDogs

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 07:20:57 PM »

I agree.

Plus, if a guy wants to cheat on a girl, nothing can stop him.  Kunin mo man ang password nya and basahin mo magdamag ang CP nya, gagawa at gagawa ng paraan yan if he wants to cheat on you.

And if you start reading his emails, cp, or whatever, lagi ka nang matetempt to do that kahit na walang ginagawang kalokohan ang lalaki. 

snowflakesdance

• GirlTalker
    • I ♥ Pastel Pink
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 07:55:48 PM »
pinipilit kasi ako  ng girl friends ko na alamin.. eh ayoko naman kasi..

IMO, a relationship is JUST between you and your man... kahit gaano pa man ang pressure na ibibigay sayo ng mga friends mo, if you really trust your guy, hindi mo na iisipin pa ang possibility of getting/sharing passwords.
I ♥ Pastel Pink Blog
I ♥ Pastel Pink@youtube - Polymer Clay Creations and Tutorials and other kawaii stuff

pretty_in_victorian

• makeup & beauty junkie
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 09:48:45 PM »
^ that's why i'm not doing it. i know my BF better than my friends and i completely trust him. i just wanted other peoples opinions just to know what if it happened to you guys and i wasn't hoping to change mine anyway.

snowflakesdance

• GirlTalker
    • I ♥ Pastel Pink
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 09:58:37 PM »
^good for you  ;)
I ♥ Pastel Pink Blog

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.