Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 25 OCT 14
Want to get an edge at work? Attend seminars, immersions, and training sessions provided by your office to hone your skills.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Will you come back in the Philippines or stay in the country you are in?  (Read 2549 times)

brattybrat01

• GirlTalker
Hello there  mga sis;) I would just like to know if you already want to stay in the country you are in? Or will you come back in the Philippines when you want to retire or how many years more you want to stay abroad? How about when you already have child/children? Saan niyo sila gusto lumaki?

Thanks for the insights.
“Plain women know more about men than beautiful ones do. But beautiful women don't need to know about men. It's the men who have to know about beautiful women.” :):):)

pretty_in_victorian

• makeup & beauty junkie
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • NICU nurse; potterhead; hello kitty addict
Re: Will you come back in the Philippines or stay in the country you are in?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 04:33:17 PM »
upon retirement, i'd go back here in the Philippines. my titos and titas say that there's no place like home. totoo yun. nung lumabas ako ng Philippines, hinanap hanap ko siya kasi iba talaga yung values natin dito. napaka hospitable ng mga tao dito unlike sa ibang countries.

if i were to have kids since andito na ako siguro i'd make them study here kasi ayoko naman mahiwalay sa family ko pero i'd raise them with Filipino values.
I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little if only out of politeness. And then,you never know,maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. -Coco Chanel

ldrwifey

• a crazy wife and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 01:29:50 PM »
ill stay kung nasan ako ngayon as long as i can, but eventually pag nagretire na ako/kami sa pinas pa din ang uwi namin... mas laid back n kasi ang buhay namin nyan and hopefully enough ang savings to support our lifestyle.

belleclara

• Probationary
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 08:57:26 AM »
kakarating lang ng family namin dito sa canada. andito kaming lahat kumpleto. pero twing xmas and new year ang lungkot. sanay kasi kami na nagcecelebrate ng important happenings with our relatioves and friends. nakakahomesick pa rin.

if given the chance, i will definitely go back to philippines when i completed my residency. pwede naman yata yun as long as you have your PR card renewed. i long for our Filipino culture and iba talaga ang environment pag nasa sarili mong bansa at kinalakihan ka. malaki nga ang sweldo dito kahit na general labor ang work mo. still, money can't buy the simplicity of living and the bliss you feel whenever you're with your loved ones. at kung magkakaanak at pamilya ako, gusto kong mabuo ito sa Pinas. Iba ang values ng Pinoy. There's really no place like home.

La Vida Dulce

• Lawyer wannabe
  • GirlTalker
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 08:33:05 PM »
I am staying in Australia. This is home now and where I grew as a person. I identify with the culture and lifestyle where I live much more than I do with the Filipino culture and lifestyle. In saying that, I want to try practising law in the UK or any common law country whenever any opportunity to do so comes, and try living for a few years in my husband's home country Colombia.

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Say what's on your mind. ;)
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 03:30:30 AM »
I will stay were I am now. I will only go back in Phils for vacation. That's all.

This is HOME and I have my family with me. The two sister that's left there in PI will be coming here SOON. And I find living here easier than back in PI. I don't have to always be on guard that someone will snatch your purse or cellphone. LOL ;D I know mababaw, but it gives me a peace of mind that I can take out my stuff without being afraid of being mug. LOL! And I can go out in my sleepwear without people staring at you! You can achieve what you WANT to be here, it doesn't matter if you have money or not. You are treated the same way, with RESPECT.

As for my baby, all I can do is teach her the values my parents taught and raise me with. Be independent and have self-worth to face this harsh world and also get all the great benefits of living here were resources are easily at hand.
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

blooming

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 09:15:39 PM »
Currently, naghahanap pa kami ng alternative location for retirement. Iba talaga pag nasa safe country ka kasi, iba ang peace of mind. You enjoy your shopping, dining, pamamsyal mo. Di tulad satin, kulang nalang talaga eh itahi mo ang bag mo sa katawan mo.

So to answer the question -
Kung mag improve ang situation sa Pinas, definitely babalik ako.
Pero habang ganyan kagulo now, kaliwat kanan ang crime, maybe - kung wala kaming mahanap na good place for retirement.

brattybrat01

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 08:33:07 PM »
tama kayo sis when I am watching Philippine news na puro krimen I don`t know if I really want to go back sa pinas.
“Plain women know more about men than beautiful ones do. But beautiful women don't need to know about men. It's the men who have to know about beautiful women.” :):):)

shopaholic18

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 02:50:21 AM »
i'm still here but would want to comment on this thread. firstly were the only ones left here in the PH, all of us were petitioned to go to US by my grandmother, secondly i have a boyfriend who's residing in the US, one way or the other i will be going the the US in the near future. as for retirement, we've tallked things over and i'm leaning to stay to US with my family by then. we  will raise them with Filipino values and traditions and i'll let them learn how to speak Filipino too, since that's what also my bf wants eventhough as a half filipino himself he never had the chance to learn himself. he wants our soon to be kids to know their roots, maybe come back here for a vacation but not to live here. and sis Lyn's right, its not easy living in a place you're unsure of your safety, well basically anywhere whether in US or here there is no certainty with regards to safety but less lang siguro if I stay there for good. and by that time, there will be no reason to stay here for good but for vacation nalang siguro, i am really hoping mom and dad would want to retire in the US with us, for now i'm having a hard time convincing them to stay there, pag nagka apo ba daw iuuwi nila ng PH, i think my mom is joking but i really don't think its a good idea, lalo na if our kids will be involved, i don't think myfuture hubby will even allow that.

Vera

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 05:43:07 AM »
I live in the Bay Area and I absolutely love living in the US in general. The Bay Area in particular allows me to grow as a person -- this is where I found my true passions in life and I get to do what I've been meaning to do here. This is where I realized I love being an entrepreneur and everyone around me seems to be entrepreneurial in  a way. The hills, the parks, the meadows are gorgeous -- I always think to myself, while running around a lake, how lucky I am to have the views in my backyard  because I haven't seen anything like it in the Philippines.

I learned to love sports and adventure here. I join free walking tours, groups who love to do what I love to do. I visit the wineries (Napa Valley), get to try different cuisines since San Francisco is known for some of the best restaurants in the U.S.

So, I am not giving it up. I am going back to the Philippines yearly (for a couple of months) to see my family and for me that is enough. They'll come over here soon -- I don't want them to spend the rest of their lives in the Philippines and that's the honest truth.

I talked to my husband about retirement and we both agree we'd like to spend it in the U.S. We want to be close to our grandchildren and we would like to be able to explore places some more. Plus, this is a safe environment and excellent health care, we won't have to worry about being run over by a car by some reckless driver or dying from second hand smoke.

ladykristinn

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 12:37:23 AM »
My husband and I plan to just make ipon lang tapos balik din kami sa Pinas. Kasama ko pala now dito ang family ko (Dad, Mom and siblings) plus aunts, uncles and cousins din. Kahit na hindi kasing safe dito ang Pinas, iba pa rin ang feeling para sa amin. Pati parents ko gusto nila kapag tumanda sila is sa Pinas pa rin... Sa ngayon, that's our plan. Hindi ko rin alam kung magbabago iyon especially kapag nagka baby na kami.

kreez

• Super GirlTalker
    • Intricate Thoughts
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2011, 05:32:47 PM »
we've been living here in Europe for over 5 years, in here we got to travel a lot, we experienced different cultures and we've lived a full life, pero iba pa rin talaga ang Pilipinas, kahit magulo at matraffic we tend to miss it....

I told my husband, we should first secure a citizenship here for us or at least for our baby para she has the option to choose for herself kung san nya gusto magsettle then, when we retire, we can live here a couple of months and go back to the phils a couple of months.... enjoy life in both worlds....

xee

• GirlTalker
  • Let the things you love to do, inspire you
    • My Landscape Photography
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »
Almost 3 years here in Singapore, but I always fly back to Manila when I have time because my daughter is still studying in Philippines, I'm a working single parent kaya need to work abroad dahil sa higher pay and makaipon for my daughter's future that's until now, still haven't decided where to stay talaga for good
La vita bella Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

NC

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 02:14:44 AM »
Planned to retire in the Philippines but after several decades of stay in the US and after a  few months visit to the old country, I came to realized that the living  conditions in the Phil. has deteriorated to the point that I have a hard time adjusting  anymore(garbage all over,  lousy traffic, too much corruption, crowded conditions, government neglect  all over,  food and medical care are  very expensive  considering I am using dollars,  etc)My wife and (US born)kids just want to visit the country but not to stay  there permanently. As far as my family  is  concerned, the US is  home now.

yukishih

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Trying to be a perfect wife and mom
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 10:57:29 AM »
I would still loved to go back to my home country,PI. Mas gusto ko sa atin. Magulo, hindi safe at kung [textspeak!] ano pa pero gusto ko pa din dyan. Ill just save here and invest there to secure my family's future tapos uwi na ako.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.