Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 03 SEP 14
When you read the newspaper in the morning, check out the funnies too--they'll put a smile on your face before you head for work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Kasambahay Bill  (Read 70741 times)

Leven

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Kasambahay Bill
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2012, 09:30:51 PM »
Ewan ko nalang sa administration na to...Simulat mula mga nonsense na lang ang pinag uusapan or pinapasa na bill...

lysistrata

• Probationary
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2012, 06:16:59 PM »
Can somebody please post a link to where I can read the reconciled Congress and Senate versions of the Kasambahay Bill? I do not wish to rely on news reports as they do not supply the complete details and are sometimes inaccurate. It looks like this bill is already fait accompli, with every trapo expecting the President to sign it into law as a "Christmas gift" to our hardworking, upstanding kasambahays.

As early as now, I am thinking of drafting a contract for my current HH. She gets 4K a month plus 1.5K as allowance. She cleans the house (average-size), does does the laundry by hand twice a week (accomplished in one hour every time, faster than the neighborhood laundromat), and looks after my son (feeds, clothes, takes/fetches him to/from preschool) twice a week, when I have to accompany my mother for her twice-weekly treatments. I am a stay-at-home mom and I take care of my son's needs except for my twice-a-week (which is half-days only, I am home by lunch time) obligations. She cooks two to three times per week while I pick up the slack on other days. We cook only once daily in my household (our lunchtime ulam is the same ulam at dinnertime). That means after lunch, she can do as she pleases (and she usually does). I feel that her salary (including allowance) is more than fair for the amount of work she does. The quality of her work is OK, nothing to gush about. My only complaint is she has no initiative and is somewhat on the lazy side. Also, she slips out of the house and goes upstairs to my sister-in-law's house to chat with her HH every chance she gets (as soon as there is a lull in her work schedule--and there is plenty, believe me--she "disapparates" instantly, hahahaha. In short, her work is something that can be accomplished by a part-time, stay-out helper. I am flexible with days off (DO) and overnight DO, but because she has been abusing it lately (4 overnight DO in 4 weeks) I may have to be a little more strict (unless the Kasambahay Bill says something about that, too).

Anyway, if I have to pay her SSS, Philheath, and Pagibig and give her once a week day off, then I will have to reduce her allowance in order to cover the expense of additional benefits. Otherwise, my immediate out-of-pocket costs would be P6K+ per month, and that's not including the 13th month pay, the annual paid leaves with pay and transportation allowance, etc.

There's no getting around this law either. It doesn't matter whether your HH is already happy with the current arrangement and is fine with your not complying with the law, but what if the employer-employee relationship goes sour, then she might use that against you. Surely, you wouldn't want that kind of problem in your hands.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2012, 09:02:56 PM »
The bill includes a proforma contract, supposedly.    So that cuts down on any "creative manipulation".

justin3

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #123 on: November 26, 2012, 02:35:34 AM »
Mga sis, what can you say about this lalo na ngayong pini-push talaga nila to?
Are you in favor or not?

ridiculous! parang hindi pinag-aralan just like the Cyber Crime Law.  >:(

happyfemme

• a DIVALICIOUS
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Embrace life to the fullest!
« Reply #124 on: November 27, 2012, 04:39:28 PM »
Me too, i have to talk to my yaya if she wants to stick with our "old agreement" or the "kasambahay bill". Sa totoo lang baka sa kanya lang mapunta ang sweldo ko.

Benefits ni yaya and routine sa house.
1. Starts taking care of my son at 10am
2. If my son takes a nap sa afternoon, she also takes a nap (3-hour nap).
3. She will take care of my son till 8pm. Ako na ang nagaalaga sa baby ko sa gabi.
4. She doesnt do laundry.
5. May SSS and Philhealth siya.
6. Day-Off everyweek.
7. I shoulder her plane fare. (round trip). With matching "cash advance" dahil namimili pa ng pasalubong.
8. 13th moth pay.
9. Birthday bonus.
10. Her salary is 4k.
11. Dati school id lang ang meron siya, pero ngayon dahil sa paghihirap ko mayroon na siyang NSO birth certificate, philhealth ID, SSS ID at passport. I shouldered all the processing.

Is she worth complying the Kbill? No...

Why? very lazy... as simple as linisin lang ang table ng anak ko to keep the cockroaches and ants away eh hindi pa magawa. Always ko naaabutan nakatitig nalang sa TV at hindi na binabantayan ang anak ko, and the latest kong sakit ng ulo sa kanya nahuli kong naglalaro ng Nintendo Wii, tapos yung anak ko nakatitig nalang sa kanya, waiting for his turn while si yaya is enjoying playing the Wii.

She goes to salon twice a month, with matching mani and pedi. Nakakainggit nga kasi buti siya may time, ako walang oras mag-ayos sa sarili dahil sa work ko.

Sinong wagi? eh di si Inday.

Ang impression kasi sa akin ng "kasambahay bill" is parang it is designed para "gatasan ang amo".

For sure, may mga agency na susulpot to protect the "rights" kuno ng mga HH. May kaso ka na, butas pa pera mo, aalis si inday na may matatanggap na malaking halaga ng datung dahil hindi nag comply si employer ng nakasaad sa Kbill.

It will go on and on. Sa sobrang dami nang HH ang mauutak ngayon, pera pera lang ang katapat niyan.
Well these boots are made for walking...
And that's just what they'll do...
One of these days these boots are gonna walk all over you...

lysistrata

• Probationary
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2012, 08:40:52 AM »
Hay naku, happyfemme, marami tayong amo na "hostage" na ng pangangailangan natin sa HH. Kaya kahit tatamad-tamad si HH, pinagtya-tyagaan na lang dahil mahirap makakuha ng HH ngayon. And as things stand today, even without the Kasambahay Bill, I'm pretty sure many amos give fair or more than fair compensation to their HH. For instance, you already give SSS and Philhealth (Pagibig na lang idadagdag mo), tapos you give higher than the 2.5K minimum for NCR, once a week day-off, etc.

But comply with the bill we must.  Allow me to comment on some of the rights & privileges defined in the bill, as per this news item from the Philippine Star, http://www.philstar.com/metro/2012/11/25/872827/senate-house-seen-ratify-kasambahay-bill ,

Every domestic worker would also be entitled to a daily rest period of eight hours and a weekly rest
period of least 24 consecutive hours.  -- I have no problem with the daily rest period of 8 hours. My HH works an average of 4-5 hours per day. She gets plenty of rest. The weekly rest period of "at least 24 consecutive hours" would mean that I would be doing the job she is paid to do "at least" once a week. Fine, I'll do that. But I'm going to have to ask her to take an overnight leave and stay with her relatives instead. That way I can save on her food, water & electricity consumption. My HH, by the way, has a netbook which she had purchased from her OFW sibling. She's bent on acquiring a foreigner jowa who could give her a better life. She stays up all night (some days I can see the light on from her room when I take wee-wee in the wee hours of the morning) chatting up a storm.

The bill also prohibits employers from placing the domestic workers under debt bondage or the rendering of service as security or payment for a debt. -- very good ! So ilalagay ko na sa kontrata na bawal ang cash advance, dahil saan ba nanggagaling yung utang na yan, e di sa paghingi ni Inday ng bale.

....will also be entitled to 13th month pay as well as Social Security System, PhilHealth and Pag-IBIG Fund coverage, with the cost to be shouldered by employers if they are paying the worker less than P5,000 a month. --- again, no problem with this. When I hired her, my HH opted for 1.5k monthly allowance instead of these aforementioned benefits. Ngayon, babawasan ko na yang allowance na yan to cover the expense of SSS, Philhealth and Pag-IBIG. Ano kayang masasabi dito ni Inday?  :) Makakapag-twice a week mani-pedi pa kaya siya? Yes, 2x a week, she sports a new mani-pedi. Hindi siya nagpaparlor, she does them by herself. Feeling ko nga suma-sideline yan pag biglang nawawala sa bahay. Hay naku, latest news is this bill will be signed into law next week. Good luck na lang sa ating mga amo.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:32:35 AM by mama squeak! »

happyfemme

• a DIVALICIOUS
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #126 on: November 28, 2012, 11:10:01 AM »
The bill also prohibits employers from placing the domestic workers under debt bondage or the rendering of service as security or payment for a debt. -- very good ! So ilalagay ko na sa kontrata na bawal ang cash advance, dahil saan ba nanggagaling yung utang na yan, e di sa paghingi ni Inday ng bale.

Dito sila makukuryente sis, ilalagay ko rin sa kontrata yan. Kung gusto nila mag loan, sa SSS sila mag loan.

Im planning to increase my yaya sana next year, kaso with the Kbill baka hindi na muna. I have to re-compute the expenses incurred sa benefits at sahod ni yaya. I will follow nalang what is "mandatory" pero yung mga "bonuses and benefits" na binibigay natin sa kanila na hindi naman mandatory sa Kbill siguro tatanggalin ko na.

Mahirap na kasi kausap ang mga HH, pag kaharap mo ok lang kuno if you will stick sa old agreement. Pero once may "buyo" na ng mga kamag-anak at mga sawsawerong mga HH din. Burado na ang pinag-usapan ninyong dalawa. And for sure get ready for the reklamo.

mommy_cel

• Junior GirlTalker
  • fab mom of 2!
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2012, 12:47:52 PM »
anong nangyari sa discussion kanina sa umagang kay ganda?  di ko napanood eh.  my officemate mentioned something about sweldo of kasambahay will be minimum 5000?  is this true?

hanshellite

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2012, 01:27:35 PM »
I believe na ang makakabenefit talaga sa bill na 'to ay yung mga kasambahay na hindi pinapaswelduhan ng tama ng mga amo nila... And for those HH who get more than enough sa dinideserve nila, better siguro na kausapin sila kung ano ang preference nila: the old agreement or the Kbill...

Purple_Power

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #129 on: December 05, 2012, 11:13:54 AM »
The Failon Ngayon went to our house yesterday to interview our maids. So mafeature sila this Saturday December 8 around 4:45pm. Ininterview rin ang hipag ko. Narinig ko na she is paying 5000 already dun sa maid na ininterview kasi matagal na siya sa amin. Then yung the rest below 5k na lalo na yung bago 2300. I don't know if my mom was interviewed as well regarding maids.

better siguro na kausapin sila kung ano ang preference nila: the old agreement or the Kbill...

Maganda may contract dyan para kapag nagkaroon ng conflict atleast may katibayan. Huwag verbal kasi malabo yan.  ;D

Kapag ako magpapasweldo ng ganyan hay nako don't blame me kapag matindi ang demands ko. Mahal sila eh!

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #130 on: December 05, 2012, 12:14:15 PM »
I think we have no choice but to comply. We can't just make them choose - existing package or per the bill. It MUST be in accordance with the bill, minimum.   So it's gonna be a round  of nego with my house staff once that comes out.  I will find a way to comply but to still get my requirements  -- eh hindi ba, you must get what you pay for?

My minimum/entry compensation & package of benefits is way above what the bill provides.
My only COMPLAINT is the 1 day off after every 6days of work.
My help take a  24-hr leave every 15 days (so 2days off per month).
BUT & AND after 11 months only (not 1 year):  Vacation of 1 whole month with  1.5 monthly sweldo free (some get 2 months' pay)
I have mid-year& Christmas bonuses & 13th month.

So talagang I will nego hard  that weekly day off vs the 12th mo with free sweldo I  give.
Per the bill, hello - 5 days with pay lang yan AFTER 12 months! 
Also, until the elections are done -- I will withhold their other  perks like free DVDs, free toiletries, free contributions to SSS, PHILHEALTH, PAGIBIG and running off to MY doctors for their ailments -- para matandaan nila who sponsored/crafted  the bill & who to blame for their lost perks.  So they remember WHO TO NOT VOTE FOR.

And I will enforce  the uninterrupted rest  time --  no more tv (anyway yung puyat nyo ka tv tv eh kabig nyo sa daytime naps).

Susunod, 1 will have CCTV secretly installed. In case may magatungan dyan -- o, kita mo - mani pedi, texting, tv tv DVD DVD, etc gawa during "work hrs". 

My hubby said hwag ako ma HB - we will comply bec it is the law.  We will adjust, to be thankful we can afford it anyway as we do without that darn bill.  Times are changing -- we just go with the flow. 
I was wondering - what will they regulate next -- our pets?!   Ok, mga magaling na ewan -- asan our RH BILL? Our DIVORCE BILL???   

Dacian

• Don't hope for a miracle. Make one.
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Death is fleeting... Love lasts forever.
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2012, 06:02:44 PM »
minimum wage P2,500
13th month pay
sss
philhealth
1 day off per week

ano pa ba nakalimutan ko?  pag-ibig kasama ba?
Do some time with the one you love.

cherrhys

• Super GirlTalker
  • stressed...=P
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2012, 06:03:30 PM »
Ang mahirap kasi diyan these "geniuses" just assumed that all those who have a yaya or maids are "rich".  So kaya lahat to comply with all these "rules".  Pano na those single moms who has to work their butts off just to sustain the family?  Na kaya kumukuha ng yaya is para may maiwan sa kids niya while she's working.  Or those working in call centers na umaga nasa bahay or weird yung working hours?  How can we reconcile that with the "regulated" working hours of the househelp?  And my favorite example, yung mga yaya na nakatambay lang sa school ng mga alaga nila.  Whole day malling lang, mani-pedi and unli texting.  Pag uwi sa house syempre they would say "working hours is done".  Ang saya!!  Hay!  Ang hirap talaga if masyadong genius yung mga nasa legislative body!!  :P
Stay-at-Home Mother of FIVE! :D

shineadet

• GirlTalker
« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2012, 06:18:51 PM »
ok sakin tohng kasambahay bill na toh pero sana meron din amo (employer) bill. these days kase yung mga amo na ang nadedehado e unlike dati na yung mga kasambahay ang abused.
" footprints in the sand"

Purple_Power

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2012, 09:17:20 AM »
^Oo nga eh! Dapat may employer bill para patas. Kasi honestly maraming lokong maids tapos sana meron rin yung performance basis. Kasi lugi talaga employer na hindi nagtatrabaho ang maids tapos binabayaran siya.

@cherrhys: Hirap nga nyan dahil marami na rin ang single moms tapos ang masama pa niyan hindi pa iisa anak nung iba. Tapos magkano lang sinesweldo niya? eh di parang halos napupunta sa maid.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2012, 09:34:06 AM »
ok sakin tohng kasambahay bill na toh pero sana meron din amo (employer) bill. these days kase yung mga amo na ang nadedehado e unlike dati na yung mga kasambahay ang abused.

Oh yes.  Actually, there are the civil courts -- but, hello, will you bother?  An arbitration court should be put up, to protect mga amo
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 11:23:33 PM by aquacharly »

cherrhys

• Super GirlTalker
  • stressed...=P
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2012, 10:56:32 AM »
^^Kaya nga eh.  Di talaga nagiisip na mambabatas.  :( >:(
Stay-at-Home Mother of FIVE! :D

happyfemme

• a DIVALICIOUS
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2012, 04:32:21 PM »
A friend of mine shared this... ice breaker lang. Hinga ng malalim.

Funny but, TRUE!

I. SALARY
MS. EMPLOYEE: 12,000/month
INDAY: 5,500/month

II. TAX
MS. EMPLOYEE: 2,000
INDAY: Wala

III. FOOD
MS. EMPLOYEE: Sariling gastos 3,000/month
INDAY: Galing sa Ref ng amo

IV. TRANSPO
MS. EMPLOYEE: Commute 100/day or 3,000/month
INDAY: Libre sakay kay amo

V. CELLPHONE
MS. EMPLOYEE: 1 Cellphone 2,000/month
INDAY: 2 Cellphone, daming load naka unli pa (500/month)

VI. TIME FREEDOM
MS. EMPLOYEE: Pag wala si boss trabaho pa rin.
INDAY:Pag wala si boss nuod DVD nakataas pa paa

VII. TOILETRIES
MS. EMPLOYEE: Sa sariling bulsa galing (500/month)
INDAY: Naka ready na sa bathroom nila amo.

VIII. BILLINGS
MS. EMPLOYEE: Nagbabayad ng kuryente, tubig, bahay (3,000/month)
INDAY: Libre lahat

IX. TOTAL EXPENSES
MS. EMPLOYEE: 11,500/month
INDAY: 500/month

X. TOTAL SAVINGS
MS. EMPLOYEE: 500/month
INDAY: 5,000/month

XI. TUMAWAG KAY NANAY
MS. EMPLOYEE: "Nay, pasensya na di muna ako makakapagpadala sa inyo sa Mindoro."
INDAY: "Nay, kamusta na? Nabili niyo na ba ang lupa diyan sa Mindoro?"

Toink!   ;D

chester29

• Probationary
« Reply #138 on: December 07, 2012, 09:51:03 AM »
mga sis, minimum wage ay 2500 for 8 hours. tama ba?  overtime yung sobra?

Purple_Power

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2012, 10:35:59 AM »
Until now binabasa ko pa rin ang Kasambahay bill!  :o Kaloka. Feeling ko para lang ako magkaroon ng isang katulong para may umalalay kapag nagkafamily na kami is dapat maging rich kami. Ayoko naman na enough lang salary ko tapos parang yung mga benefits ako pa magbibigay. Ang malala nito hindi ka pwedeng magbawas ng sweldo kapag may mga nasira pa silang gamit.  >:(

Paano naman ang karapatan ng employers?  ???

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.