Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 22 DEC 14
Do you suffer from split ends and hair breakage? Avoid doing treatments like perming, coloring, or rebonding. Hair abuse makes your hair prone to breakage!
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Kasambahay Bill  (Read 75605 times)

can_dice

• Junior GirlTalker
    • this is my blog..
Re: Kasambahay Bill
« Reply #440 on: March 12, 2013, 02:03:35 PM »
^wala pa, sis. around early May pa ang deadline to release the IRR (within 90 days from the effectivity of the law; the law's effectivity is after 15 days of its publication in the official Gazette; the law was published on Jan 18)

I really don't get it why the bill is effective na YET wala pang IRR..
CRAZY!

i have a pdf file of the kasambahal bill na may faqs.. anyone who wants a copy dm me :)
Eavesdrop on my whatever thingies (BLOG), drop by:
http://candishhh.blogspot.com/
http://didimom.blogspot.com

billy

• billy's got a gun but she's a good girl and a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #441 on: March 12, 2013, 02:18:12 PM »
If things are going right in your household, kailangan pa to the nth power talaga ang pagsunod sa
bill na ito?

Right now, my helpers have SSS, Philhealth and soon Pagibig, may midyear and 13th month, bukod pa sa
Xmas bonus and other benefits - but we have no written contracts.
Ngayon pa ba kami gumawa eh 7 years na sila sa akin? Leaves, day-off, work sked - ok naman
ang set-up namin, babaguhin ba namin? Lahat ng docs / IDs nila, pinalakad ko - including NSO birth cert, passport,
postal ID, voter's ID.
Yaiks naman. Baka naman mapasama pa :(
don't feed the troll!

cherrhys

• Super GirlTalker
  • stressed...=P
« Reply #442 on: March 12, 2013, 03:54:06 PM »
^Parang nauna ka nga yata sa Kasambahay Bill if that's the case.  Feeling ko naman, parang yun na rin yun kasi nasunod niyo na lahat eh.
Stay-at-Home Mother of FIVE! :D

can_dice

• Junior GirlTalker
    • this is my blog..
« Reply #443 on: March 13, 2013, 02:48:41 PM »
^^I think you need to put it into writing lang. 
Ako rin, I have complete contributions sa SSS PHIC and Pagibig YET I think I need to put it into writing and have these helpers sign.

its just for our protection one day if the unthinkable happens.  Gets?

Kasi I'm sure EVEN if we did all these things for our helpers, meron pa yang mga questions or wants sa clarifications at the back of their minds.
Eavesdrop on my whatever thingies (BLOG), drop by:
http://candishhh.blogspot.com/
http://didimom.blogspot.com

meimei

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #444 on: March 17, 2013, 12:36:08 AM »
@billy and can_dice, wow that's great! ang galing kumpleto na ang contributions niyo. :) yeah, just sign an employment contract para talagang wala na kayong problema, tutal yun na lang ang kulang niyo essentially. :)

to those sisses worrying about birth certificate, i posted a detailed reply regarding that na since meron naman talagang mga tao (especially from the provinces talaga) na may problema sa birth certificate, hindi ito mandatory and there are alternative documents that are accepted. just read it na lang, one page back lang yata. we just have this misconception na "oh no, required ang birth cert", but sa totoo lang, if you'll read up, you'll see that there are alternative acceptable IDs/docs.
I travel the world. I take nothing but pictures, kill nothing but time and leave nothing but footprints. ― Maarten Schfer

billy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #445 on: March 17, 2013, 07:16:52 AM »
^thank you!
I read somewhere na DOLE will consult netizens daw on the KB.
don't feed the troll!

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #446 on: March 17, 2013, 01:27:27 PM »

The 24 hour weekly day off. 

Yes.  Whatever the bill provides for is already given to the helpers PLUS MORE actually.
Even the aggregate days off:   2 24hr off days per month + 2 24hr days off for birthdays + 24hr day off for Xmas + another  24hr off for New Year  + extra days off when the entire family goes abroad (at least 3x a year) AND PLUS  the entire month after ONLY 11 months of service -- ALL those leaves with pay --   Yun lang talaga TIMING as in EVERY week?! is my objection.

cherrhys

• Super GirlTalker
  • stressed...=P
« Reply #447 on: March 17, 2013, 06:19:14 PM »
^Yun na nga.  It's actually ok IF the helper really follows the rule.  Kaya lang like what I kept on mentioning here, there are a lot of those who do as they please, in short pasaway.  Imagine that happening every week.  Kawawa yung amo kasi baka yun ang mawalan ng trabaho.  Coz there are a lot of cases (even here in the forum) that the mother/employer would just file a leave kapag hindi bumalik si yaya, kasi nga walang maiiwan sa anak nila.  Not every one are fortunate to have more than 1 maid/yaya or have other family members to lend a hand.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #448 on: March 18, 2013, 06:51:47 PM »
^hay that is a very valid & common complaint or bad situation.

Como Cruella de Ville nga ako, kids on office premises are prohibited (except for ours, but we maintain a family room in our head office).  But this past year, I have been unable to turn away  kids brought in kasi! the solo maid/yaya did not return on time (or never returned).  I see the desperation/hopelessness in the mom's face -- ay, surrender na ko!

Ewan ko if illegal na ito nowadays,  but in my household -- pag late by even an hour -- half day pay deduction. Pag late by 3 hours minimum --  whole day deduction, and 1st warning. 3rd warning --  mag antay ka nang kapalit.  So far, Bihira na late return.  Kung walang penalty kasi, susko aside from the uber tiklop excuse: "ma traffic"; madami grrr excuses that are none of my concern. 

But yes, Getz ko -- for those with solo maids & no family to step in to care for the kid/s --  walang takot ma late sa return from day off mga walang considerasyon/malasakit na maid.

onlygirl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #449 on: March 18, 2013, 07:27:47 PM »
With the Kasambahay Bill,  I am thinking of putting up a business which serves the household/yaya needs of the family, this is not an manpower agency type.  This would make you not worry of all those benefits which you should process and contribute as an employer, pero ciempre the service to pay would be higher but still reasonable kaya I'm still conceptualizing if this kind of business is feasible and marketable. 

cherrhys

• Super GirlTalker
  • stressed...=P
« Reply #450 on: March 18, 2013, 07:30:09 PM »
^Yes, that's what usually happens nga.  Kaya ewan ko ba sa bill na ito!  No matter how I look at it, talagang anti-employer.  Maraming sakit ng ulo ang dadalhin sa atin.

bluish_mommy

• ako ang bluish na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #451 on: April 02, 2013, 10:57:27 AM »
ito ang isang dahilan bakit hesitant ako ulit kumuha ng kasambahay (kahit we really need one this time talaga). ang gulo-gulo ng KB na ito tingin ko, yoko muna ng sakit sa ulo kaya tiis tiis muna. planning to get one bago magpasukan sa June though.

billy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #452 on: April 02, 2013, 11:05:45 AM »
With the Kasambahay Bill,  I am thinking of putting up a business which serves the household/yaya needs of the family, this is not an manpower agency type.  This would make you not worry of all those benefits which you should process and contribute as an employer, pero ciempre the service to pay would be higher but still reasonable kaya I'm still conceptualizing if this kind of business is feasible and marketable. 

5 years ago, this is what I did - hire a person to do it for me. I placed an ad in Sulit. Fortunately,
someone responded. Ang business nya in our area is providing tax/accounting services, SSS, payroll, etc.

Since my two helpers have previous employers, may mga previous SSS contributions sila na na-tengga na, hiwa-hiwalay ang payments at payment centers. Sa tulong ng hinire ko,
nareconcile, nagkaroon pa nga ng refund yung isa kong helper. Then afterwards, tinuruan na lang sila sa mga
forms, payments, where to pay, what to do, etc . Sulit naman ang binayad ko :)

Sa Pag-ibig, online lang ang registration, madali lang. Yun nga lang, you have to pay sa Paibig office talaga kasi
may mga employer forms na dapat isubmit along with the contributions.

Sa Philhealth, madali lang din, pinag-apply ko sila sa nearest Philhealth office, tapos nagbayad na ko ng 1 year.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 11:13:19 AM by billy »
don't feed the troll!

homebuddy2

• Probationary
« Reply #453 on: April 02, 2013, 11:41:21 PM »
We have two househelp isang yaya and all around helper. But with this bill im planning not to hire all around helper anymore. Meron naman yatang naglilinis ng bahay on daily basis eh kahit twice a week papalinis ko na lang. Di naman kami ganun kayaman para maibigay lahat ng benefits ng kasambahay bill na ito. Sa mga gumawa nito pasikat lang tingnan ko lang masasabi nila kapag madami ng na lay of kasambahay. Di naman nila pinag isipan mabuti basta lang may maipasa na bill . Grabeng burden sa employer ito pati paglalakad ng papeles eh ipapasa sa amo. Dapat ang barangay utusan nila i process ang ganyang bagay. Ilapit nila sa komunidad ang pag proseso ng mga papeles. Aba di yata nila alam ang pila dinadanas ng mga tao kapag pumupunta sa phic office, sss at pag ibig. At kung kulang kulang papeles ni inday eh baka pabalikbalikin ka pa sa mga ahensyang ito. NSO pa lang malamang baka magpa late registration ka pa at pauwiin sa probinsya ni inday. Hay buhay Mr. President paki ayos po ito wag naman ganito.

crayzee

• GirlTalker
« Reply #454 on: April 04, 2013, 03:26:49 PM »
 with this bill baka magbawas nadin kami. may all around helper din kais kami. also walang protection ang amo. take note you should support hte house hold helper if gusto niya mag aral. tapos may employer employee share pa for sss philhealth etc. db ang hirap na ng buhay ngayon ako nga i don't know kung pano pagkakasyahin yung sweldo ko sa expenses tapos dagdagan pa ng government. sana naicip nila na mas madaming mawawalan ng work sa ginagawa nila.

bluish_mommy

• ako ang bluish na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #455 on: April 04, 2013, 03:39:16 PM »
hmmm minsan iniisip ko, kaya siguro pinasa ang bill na ito para makuha nila boto ng mga helpers, kasi this bill is more to their advantage kung titignan mo eh.

homebuddy2

• Probationary
« Reply #456 on: April 04, 2013, 04:16:34 PM »
Malamang nga kasi madami dami din ang mga kasambahay sa ngayon. May kakilala nga ako pumasok na kasambahay dahil mas malaki daw kikitain nya sa pagiging kasambahay compared sa pagiging sales lady sa isang mall sa probinsya. Ang natitira daw kasi sa kanya is P500.00 pagkatapos alisin ang kanyang mga ginastos. Kung magingmkasambahay ka nga naman libre bahay, pagkain ang gastos mo na lang sabon pampaligo at mga personal na pampaganda. Tapos magkakaroon pa ng mga napakaraming benepisyo sa mga susunod na araw . Limitadong working hours na parang nag oopisina at kung ano ano pa. Eh di sana live out na lang ang mga kasambahay para bawas kuryente din sa mga employer. Ok lang naman ang magkaroon ng proteksyon ang mga kasambahay dahil madami ding abusadong employer pero wag namang paabusaduhin ang mga ito. So kung 8 hrs work eh di pagdating ng mga nag opisina eh sila na gagawa at naka 8 hrs na din si Hh. Daming butas kung sino mang author ng bill na ito at yung mga sumakay para sumikat din sa paningin ng mga househelp eh may kalalagyan sa eleksyon. Madami din ang average na pamilya na apektado sa kagagawan nila. Malamang magiging issue ito sa mga susunod na araw pagkatapos ito ipatupad. Abangan ang susunod na kabanata.

cherrhys

• Super GirlTalker
  • stressed...=P
« Reply #457 on: April 04, 2013, 08:13:00 PM »
^Actually, it's 8 hours rest period and not 8 hours working hours.  Also regarding sa pag-aaral nila, I think it doesn't mean financial support from employers but rather support in terms of the working hours, etc.  In short parang working student ang arrangement.

But I do agree that this bill is very lopsided, and would be problematic to most (if not all) employers.

homebuddy2

• Probationary
« Reply #458 on: April 04, 2013, 09:25:57 PM »
5. What is the employable age for a kasambahay?
Fifteen (15) years old and above.
6. Under what conditions may the employment of children fifteen (15) but below eighteen (18) years of age be made?
a. They shall not be allowed to work for more than eight (8) hours a day, and in no case beyond forty (40) hours a week;
b. They shall not be allowed to work between ten oclock in the evening and six oclock in the morning of the following day;
c. They shall not be allowed to do hazardous work; and d. They shall be given access to education and training.

I am refering to this situation. Because some of our kasambahay is not yet 18 years of age. So employers beware of hiring 15 to 17 years of age.

cherrhys

• Super GirlTalker
  • stressed...=P
« Reply #459 on: April 05, 2013, 07:01:38 AM »
^Ah!  :)  Underage naman kasi, that's why may variations yung applicable law for them.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.