Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 25 OCT 14
Want to get an edge at work? Attend seminars, immersions, and training sessions provided by your office to hone your skills.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: UNIQLO Manila  (Read 76298 times)

slumbering

• GirlTalker
UNIQLO Manila
« on: October 11, 2011, 02:28:38 PM »
I just got a tweet from a friend and according to her, one of her officemates received an email from Uniqlo and they're offering her to be a Store Manager for Uniqlo Philippines.

I hope this is indeed true! *fingers crossed*

Read the Manila Bulletin Article: http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/337520/uniqlo-enter-philippine-market c/o BuyandFlaunt :)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 11:05:51 AM by slumbering »

BuyandFlaunt

• GirlTalker
    • Buy and Flaunt
Re: UNIQLO Manila
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 05:09:53 PM »
Wow! Finally! Keeping my fingers crossed too!  ;)

slumbering

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 05:12:42 PM »
I hope they can bring H&M too! Feeling ko SM nanaman ang magdadala ng Uniqlo franchise :D

eggtarts

• Super GirlTalker
    • check out my online garage sale! brand new bags, shoes, makeup, etc. fresh uploads! :)
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 06:39:34 PM »
yup! i heard it's finally for real. uniqlo is coming to town. :)
"Life is too short to spend it hoping that the perfectly arched eyebrow or hottest new lip shade can mask an ugly heart." - Kevyn Aucoin

tonette815

• LTS fanatic and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • need to save
    • just love pastel pink and purple!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 09:30:18 AM »
Wow! Happy shopping girls! I just love Uniqlo - fan talaga ako ng clothes nila kasi never goes out of style and not that pricey pa.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:30:12 AM by tonette815 »

slumbering

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 10:30:04 AM »
Yay! I just hope hindi gaano malaki ang difference sa price.

Girls, just a quick survey: Saan mall niyo gusto ilagay ang Uniqlo? ;) Sana wag naman sa megamall ulit. SM North Edsa naman haha :)

smoothie

• Mom @ work
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 10:37:47 AM »
ako in favor naman itayo sa mga malls dito sa north. hehe. nakakatamad kasi pag sa south.

lilpinkjelly

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 10:43:23 AM »
ok lang sakin either Megamall or North Edsa, wag lang sa MOA masyadong malayo na sa akin yun hehe

slumbering

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 10:47:12 AM »
^ Agreed. Malayo talaga ang MOA sa mga taga North! antagal ko na di napupunta dun.

Pero parang pwede rin considering malaki ang MOA

lilpinkjelly

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 10:49:33 AM »
Kay SM din naman yung Uniqlo so he can make space wherever he wants to put Uniqlo

BuyandFlaunt

• GirlTalker
    • Buy and Flaunt
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 10:59:23 AM »
YES! UNIQLO IS FINALLY COMING TO TOWN!

As usual, SM na naman ang may hawak. Soon to open next year as per Manila Bulletin!

Read all about it here:  http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/337520/uniqlo-enter-philippine-market

Excited!!  ;D

~ ka [3] na ~

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Stuffs For Sale
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 11:02:39 AM »
Uniqlo set to open first PH shop

Inks joint venture with SM group

MANILA, Philippines - Asia's largest clothing retailer Uniqlo is soon setting up shop in the Philippines.

SM Retail, a unit of the country's largest shopping mall operator SM, on Wednesday said it is partnering with Fast Retailing Corp., the firm which owns the clothing brand Uniqlo, for its first venture in Manila.

The two retail giants agreed to form by year-end Market Watch Investment Corp., which will serve as the vehicle for Uniqlo's entry in the Philippines.

The first flagship Uniqlo store will open in the SM Mall of Asia Complex in Pasay City next year.

"Both companies would be pouring in equity into the joint venture," SM Investments Corp. vice-chairperson Teresita Sy-Coson said in a text message.

Uniqlo is Asia's largest clothing retailer known for its quality yet reasonably priced products, mostly fashionable basic and casual clothing wear. The Japanese brand has about 824 stores in Japan alone and 150 stores outside its home base.

The company said it is accelerating its overseas expansion to offset slowing growth in Japan from a shrinking population, persistent deflation and increased competition from retailers selling budget clothing.

Japanese department stores and clothing sellers have also been hurt by worries over the strength of the country's economic recovery after a devastating earthquake hit the world's third largest economy early this year.

It is also considering opening outlets in Vietnam, Indonesia, India and Australia, and sees sales from overseas Uniqlo outlets surpassing sales from domestic outlets in 2015.

The partnership meshes well with SM's, whose niche market primarily deals with the middle-income class segment specially as consumers become more price and value conscious.

"The emerging trend is the youth market. Uniqlo being such adds value to their existing line up," Alejandro Yu of RS Lim & Co. Inc. said.

SM also has a chain of specialty store formats that serve niche markets by focusing on a wide selection of merchandise for each category like home stores, toy superstores, hardware superstores like ACE Hardware, personal care stores with Watsons, and appliance superstores among others.

SM Retail is part of SM Investments Corp., one of the country's largest conglomerates owned by the Sy family. Apart from mall development, it also has interests in banking, property and leisure development. For the first half of the year, it posted a net profit of P9.64 billion, higher by 13% on year.

Source: www.abs-cbnnews.com
Wishlist:
Chanel GST
Chanel 2.55 flap bag
Hermes Birkin

slumbering

• GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 11:04:04 AM »
^ Thanks for the article!

BuyandFlaunt

• GirlTalker
    • Buy and Flaunt
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 11:26:32 AM »
Welcome! :)

starchaser18

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 08:50:10 PM »
yey! i love uniqlo for their pants. I love the fit.

ilurvepeanutbutter

• GirlTalker
  • |i♥peanutbutter|
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2011, 05:34:39 AM »
Exciting! ;D
[ ☮ ❤ ☺ ]

rhumbafrapp

• Super GirlTalker
  • Vaaaaiiiin!
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2011, 01:12:56 PM »
i love love love uniqlo jeans and slacks. So glad dadating na sila rito

and sana huwag overpriced :)

pomegranate

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2011, 01:07:56 AM »
Naku SM ulit, sana gandahan naman nila ang selection.

JayLan

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2011, 08:55:14 AM »
im also excited to this

_katelicious_

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2011, 01:28:58 PM »
Well, I do like some of their clothes.  Too bad, it's SM whose bringing them here.  Nag iiba yung level once it goes under the roof of SM :o

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.