Sis i-repost ko lang yung reply ko dun sa thread na "DISKARTE on finding love"
I was NBSB until I was 26 (29 na ako now, recently married to my first BF of 3 yrs). I had to accept the fact that I wasn't getting any younger, that I had to give priority to my lovelife if I want a lifelong partner. So here are the things that I did:
1. Read relationship books. Haha. This really helped me a lot. Kasi it changed my thinking and misconceptions about a) what disposition I need to have when entering the "dating game" b) what I should be looking for in a partner. Best books for me were "The Rules" and "How to Find a Date worth keeping."
2. Practice practice. Nakipag-date talaga ako ng bongga but not without the proper disposition and mind set first. Very important: Don't think of a date as a potential husband. Think of it as just hanging out. Kapag kasi dinibdib ang date you would send off vibes sa ka-date mo and you might even unconsciously try to impress your date, so hindi lalabas yung natural na ikaw.
Guys can sense if you're phony. Not very attractive. If you're not wound up about what he thinks of you, the natural vibrant you will surface, way sexier.
3. Wag maghanap ng guy who's 100% ideal. 80% lang is pasadong pasado na, provided that he dosn't have any deal breakers like drug addict ba sya o satanista? Be clear sa sarili mo what for you are deal breakers to make the search a bit more simple.
4. Kahit hindi mo type yung guy ok lang, go out on a date kahit once lang, basta make sure that you make wise choices about your security. Don't go to secluded places etc. Make the date as safe as possible.
5. Let your friends know you are single and ready to mingle. The next time they meet an eligible bachelor they would have you in mind and will not hesitate with setting you up on a blind date. That's the power of networking, but remember, safety first.
6. For me the biggest obstacle was I was such a homebody. As in tamad ako lumabas ng bahay. So for the first few months I had to make an effort to always go out, with friends, with officemates, basta lumabas ka lang. Nothing happens at home, except when I'm reading those relationship books. hehe.
7. I could go on and on and on. But before I forget. Make sure while you're doing all these, you're also making an effort to know yourself better and be a better person. Kumbaga be the right person to meet the right person.
8. Remember, guys are attracted in this order: 1-Physical, 2-Intellecttual 3- Emotional. For girls: 1-Intellectual, 2-Emotional, 3-Physical. Guys are visual. They wont notice your brains or personality if di muna sila attracted physically. But diff guys prefer different types of beauty. So don't worry.
Prayers, prayers. The Lord knows who's the best for us. I used to pray so hard for God to give me this guy, and di kami nagkatuluyan. I found my husband who's so much better and later found out about pangit na ugali ni previous guy. So it's good that God doesn't always give us what we want, but always gives us what we need.