Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 26 JUL 14
Stressed from taking care of your kids? Take a short stroll in the morning to reflect and recharge.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: No boyfriend since birth at 29 - advice?  (Read 22200 times)

sprinkledust

• GirlTalker
No boyfriend since birth at 29 - advice?
« on: October 10, 2011, 09:01:51 AM »
Hi everyone.

Need your advice for someone who's never had a boyfriend before at 29 years old.  She feels sad, embarassed  that she's never had a b/f and doesn't feel pretty.  What advice would you give?

Thanks and God Bless.

muahmuahmuah

• There is no price for Awesomeness! Amp'd Up
  • Super GirlTalker
  • dam it your clothes! punk the devil
Re: No boyfriend since birth at 29 - advice?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 11:54:56 AM »
i think having no boyfriend since birth is virtuously something to be proud of and it's a big NO NO to feel embarrased or sad about.  there's an envious factor to it too, just the  fact of being spared from bad romances which a lot don't survive from or get over the damage it can cause is one thing that's good to cherish.  some  become so entrenched to the want, that surviving without a man is an impossibility when things go bad. sabi nga na pag wala ka boyfriend isa lang problema mo pag marami ka boyfriend marami kang problema :P

sometimes the pain isn't worth it. tho some have to go through it for better reasons and great lessons, pero seriously if that person has kept her life untainted in any way by any man undeserving of her, tell her to be grateful that she's been blessed. maski sa worst enemy i wouldn't wish that on them, fact is a few get it right the first time lucky for those who have and if the heart is that eager to have a romantic dalliance with the first guy who comes along make sure she chooses well without pressuring herself or without feeling desperate and rushed to get it going.

tell her to build better relationships with the people around her and do the things you love and love will eventually follow. there are also a lot of good books around to strengthen one's faith when it all gets confusing check out 'lady in waiting' i think it's a pretty good read to remind single women what they're worth. if that doesn't help just play beyonce's if i were a boy over and over :P until it hits  that no man is worth a woman's tears and the one who deserves her will never make her cry. i think thats how the adage goes.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection. The Lovers, the Dreamers, and Me.

I am a catch, and I am not going to be the one to get away.

You should never settle for who you are.

><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>

mt_francisella

• Probationary
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 06:55:03 AM »
same with my friend!!! no BF since birth!!! but good for her she knows how to divert her feelings.

Greenwalker

• Probationary
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 04:21:06 AM »
Having a boyfriend or getting into a relationship with whoever comes along is never the answer! Like friends it's the quality that counts over quantity!

k_heart

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 02:06:01 AM »
Simple, just enjoy your life and travel. Love comes when you least expected it! : )

kirstenchelsea

• i know right!
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 11:38:30 AM »
you are not alone. just hold your head up high. be open. you'll never know.
Explore. Dream. Discover.

firegl

• inbetween days
    • Life & Death
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 03:24:33 PM »
I think this will ease the tension of  not having a boyfriend at the tender age of 29 ;)

1. Join a club that you love, get involved in a sport, learn a new skill. Don’t join because you’ll meet people, but you no doubt will! Enjoy yourself, and it will be a huge confidence boost, and a distraction while you are waiting for Mr. Right!

2. Think about what you want. Write down what is really important, and what can be negotiated. This will stop you settling for anything, and ensure that you look for people who you could actually have a future with!

3. If you are frantically waiting for that special someone, you might be coming across as desperate and that is instantly off-putting. Take some time to enjoy yourself, and remember why you are so amazing.

4.Been checking out that guy for a while? Go and introduce yourself. It might be scary, but you’ll demonstrate confidence and self reliance, which are both very attractive qualities!

5.The best relationships stem from friendships, so take your time and get to know him as a friend. As well as being the perfect base, it also means you’ll be pre warned about any bad habits, and you’re likely to know about his past relationships.

6.For guy like me it can be a nerve racking job asking a girl out, so make him feel comfortable around you.

7.Be an amzing Girl! By being his friend, you risk letting him see your bad points. Counter this by showing him how pretty, bubbly, intelligent and happy you are. Show him who you really are!

8.If he’s showing all the signs, and you’re feeling it too, then ask him out! Don’t leave it up to him, be a modern girl and take it in hand. At least that way you know where you stand, and confidence is an amazing quality.

While there's life, there's hope!

Shopao

• GirlTalker
  • Yow wats up?
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 12:00:42 PM »
ok lang yan sis na maging single ka kahit 29 na.. basta be yourself lag and stay preety and bubbly.. darating din yun guy for you.. :)

roxybrat

• Junior GirlTalker
  • wife, mom and
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2011, 12:20:47 PM »
i have 2 friends with same situation.. pero they looked happy naman, un isang friend ko parang may inaantay kasi sya na guy kaya hindi sya naghahanap ng iba, then un isa naman takot pumasok sa relationship.. sana in time makita na nila right guy and sana SOON.. :) both of them successful sa career nila..
"Let’s turn our mistakes into lessons and our fears into hopes. We should have a faith in ourselves and keep strong!"

firegl

• inbetween days
    • Life & Death
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2011, 03:52:48 PM »
ok lang yan sis na maging single ka kahit 29 na.. basta be yourself lag and stay preety and bubbly.. darating din yun guy for you.. :)

Yes youre right be yourself and stay pretty and bubbly.  i think may mga mahihiyain din na mga girls at yung pinaka worst eh super Choosy na ang gusto eh ala-Johnny Depp eh medyo get real nman.

UUbra mga tips dto  kung outgoing yang friend ni sprinkledust at hndi yung nagddaydreaming ng perfect BF. Bka may ngpaparamdam na sa kanya di lang nya napapansin hehe! Basted mode iwas muna sya! hehe! 

Dmi ko kilala girls sising alipin s huli! eh kayo eh nang-ligaw ang tao pinahirapan naman nyo hehe!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 04:00:39 PM by firegl »
While there's life, there's hope!

sprinkledust

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2011, 10:26:53 AM »
Hi shopao, thanks for your time.

sprinkledust

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2011, 10:28:15 AM »
Hi roxybrat, are your friends also 29 and no bf since birth?

Glad to hear that they're happy and have successful careers. They're lucky to have you as their movtivator! thanks.

i have 2 friends with same situation.. pero they looked happy naman, un isang friend ko parang may inaantay kasi sya na guy kaya hindi sya naghahanap ng iba, then un isa naman takot pumasok sa relationship.. sana in time makita na nila right guy and sana SOON.. :) both of them successful sa career nila..

roxybrat

• Junior GirlTalker
  • wife, mom and
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2011, 08:47:50 PM »
^yup sis both 29.. minsan nga naghahanap na ko ng ipapakilala sa kanila.. un isang kong friend ok sa kanya blind date.. hehe.. pero ewan lagi di natutuloy.. yun isa hirap kausapin.. hehe..
"Let’s turn our mistakes into lessons and our fears into hopes. We should have a faith in ourselves and keep strong!"

princessette

• GirlTalker
  • Be safe. Be happy. Be free.
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 01:56:10 PM »
sis i know what your friend is going through. I am too is still NBSB and going on 30 next year.  It's kind of pressure in my part kasi i'm just my parents child so for me hindi bf hanap ng tatay ko kundi apo hahaha but the sissies here are right, your friend needs to divert her attention it will always be a part of her life na mapressure sa family events and the like but sooner they will get the hang of it.  Ako nasanay na sa mga kantiyaw sa office, bahay at lalo na sa mga family events or even get together of all friends.  Pero what I did was I joined a some groups, for outreach, travel etc.  so instead of focusing on my singleness ayun naging interested sila sa mga ibang activities ko and at the same time you will feel self fulfillment too and maiisip mo na itong mga bagay na nagagawa ko ngayong single pako malamang hindi ko na magagawa pag nagkapartner ako so why be sad being single di ba? Sure may inggit sa mga friends and families na may mga babies, masayang family but do not let her linger on that feeling instead linger on the brighter side :)
-----“A wise man changes his mind.  A fool never does”.------

sprinkledust

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 10:54:54 AM »
Hi princessette! Oh you're in the same situation so you know exactly what they're going through. It's really tough especially with events, relatives, etc. You're such a positive thinker and so motivated! Good for you! Girls should be like that, it's hard but they should! Glad that you're not sad about it and just doing things you enjoy! Thanks for your tips.

sis i know what your friend is going through. I am too is still NBSB and going on 30 next year.  It's kind of pressure in my part kasi i'm just my parents child so for me hindi bf hanap ng tatay ko kundi apo LOL but the sissies here are right, your friend needs to divert her attention it will always be a part of her life na mapressure sa family events and the like but sooner they will get the hang of it.  Ako nasanay na sa mga kantiyaw sa office, bahay at lalo na sa mga family events or even get together of all friends.  Pero what I did was I joined a some groups, for outreach, travel etc.  so instead of focusing on my singleness ayun naging interested sila sa mga ibang activities ko and at the same time you will feel self fulfillment too and maiisip mo na itong mga bagay na nagagawa ko ngayong single pako malamang hindi ko na magagawa pag nagkapartner ako so why be sad being single di ba? Sure may inggit sa mga friends and families na may mga babies, masayang family but do not let her linger on that feeling instead linger on the brighter side :)

princessette

• GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 09:42:48 AM »
sis sprinkle your welcum :)  nagdaan din kaso ako sa stage na umiiiwas na sa mga events and naiinis sa mga kasamahan ko sa trabaho tapos i felt ugly that nobody wants me. Super hanap pa ko nun ng work abroad appy dito apply doon kasi yun naisip ko paraan para makaiwas pero its a good thing that I have true friends beside me. They understood what I am going through and sila din nagadvise not to dwell on my lovelife and instead find something else na pagkakaabalahan ko which turn out to be the best thing kaya eto enjoy ko life sa kabila ng pagiging loveless I earn friends naman :)

oceana

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 11:44:12 AM »
its ok, nagkaron ako ng boyfriend when I was 22yrs old and it was a disaster, traumatic experience talaga yun, siguro naka 1 mos lang kami then nagkahiwalay na, nagkaron ulit ako ngayon 33 yrs old na ako:) just wait and pray kung talaga para sa iyo para sa iyo:), sobrang nakakapressure sa part ko dahil only child din ako. May mga instances na pinagsusupetsahan na akong tibo dahil lagi ko na lang kasama ang besfren kong babae:) But of course kilala ko naman ang sarili ko.  Enjoy your life while your still single, sarili mo lang inaatupag mo at pinuproblema mo, pag may boyfren ka siyempre pakikisamahan mo rin siya di ba:)

princessette

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 01:02:20 PM »
May mga instances na pinagsusupetsahan na akong tibo dahil lagi ko na lang kasama ang besfren kong babae:) But of course kilala ko naman ang sarili ko.  Enjoy your life while your still single, sarili mo lang inaatupag mo at pinuproblema mo, pag may boyfren ka siyempre pakikisamahan mo rin siya di ba:)

haha yup that's the funniest and craziest thing na maiisip nila pag single ka tapos lagi mo kasama mga friends mo na mga girls.  pero i just shrug it off tama ka sis kilala natin sarili natin :) 

pandalicious

• not your typical
  • Super GirlTalker
  • no time for judgemental, narrow-minded hypocrites
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »
NBSB at 27 here, and i don't see anything embarrassing about that. mas nakakahiya naman siguro kung naka-isangdaang boyfriend na ko :P

and uso naman yata ang ganito ngayon, dami kong kakilalang gaya ko LOL! at least isa lang ang problema ko, wala akong boyfriend. di gaya ng iba: abusive bf, cheating bf, gay bf! LOL! enjoy life lang, kung may darating edi masaya, kung wala, you can always enjoy your single blessedness ;D
Never judge anyone, you don't know their life story
Learn to RESPECT other people's opinion
[textspeak!] means EDIT your post
BACKREAD para di clueless

sprinkledust

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 10:50:34 AM »
Hi pandalicious, thanks for your advice. You understand what it's like and you're positive! Hope others are like that too with the nbsb situation.

NBSB at 27 here, and i don't see anything embarrassing about that. mas nakakahiya naman siguro kung naka-isangdaang boyfriend na ko :P

and uso naman yata ang ganito ngayon, dami kong kakilalang gaya ko LOL! at least isa lang ang problema ko, wala akong boyfriend. di gaya ng iba: abusive bf, cheating bf, gay bf! LOL! enjoy life lang, kung may darating edi masaya, kung wala, you can always enjoy your single blessedness ;D

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.