Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 29 AUG 14
Learn to laugh at yourself! Share embarrassing moments with your friends and giggle along with the rest of them.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: US TV: Homeland  (Read 11562 times)

alexandrea

• I'm in your head and under your skin.
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Resistance is futile ... if less than 1 ohm.
    • The Background Story
Re: US TV: Homeland
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2012, 07:33:37 PM »
I'm a new fan of this show. Nakaka-addict! Season 1 episode 7 pa lang ako, though. Can't wait to catch up!
The Background Story - We write the stories you will never tell.

simplykristine08

• Super GirlTalker
  • Loving mommy and Faithful wifey
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2012, 03:49:12 PM »
season 1 ep3 palang ako, pero ang ganda! ganito ang mga type kong movies/series. terrorists. lol. kaya gustong gusto ko yung movie na the kingdom and yung kay jake g. and reese w..

gusto ko na mapanood lahat! :)
Lovin' my LIFE =)

mrscolunga

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2012, 09:08:31 PM »
latest episode is infuriating! aaagh!

alexandrea

• Super GirlTalker
    • The Background Story
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2012, 09:11:05 PM »
Have you seen SNL's parody with Anne Hathaway as Carrie? Hahaha spot on!

jodie

« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2012, 05:53:50 PM »
^sis penge naman link :)
i'm also watching this series, every monday inaabangan ko talaga na magkaron na sa torrent hehe
dun sa last episode, sino yung nakaharap ni brody sa last scene? si nazir ba yun?

sima

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2012, 07:54:51 PM »
Kung ako si Carrie, namatay na ako sa hiya kasi napakinggan ng buong monitoring staff ng CIA Brody case yung lovemaking session nila ni Brody sa hotel.  Buti na lang at walang video at audio link lang LOL!  Ang awkward lang.

heavensent

• a freelancer, a wondermom, a bookworm, a tv addict and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Eric and Sookie
    • my ebook collection:
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2012, 07:59:59 PM »
hays, naiinis ako kay Carrie most of the time pero grabe galing ni Claire Danes..

alexandrea

• Super GirlTalker
    • The Background Story
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2012, 08:15:00 PM »

sima

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2012, 04:20:36 PM »
... sino yung nakaharap ni brody sa last scene? si nazir ba yun?

Yup si Abu Nazir na nga iyon and he called him by his first name -- Nicholas!

jodie

« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2012, 09:21:25 PM »
^^thanks sis alexandrea!
hahaha dami ko tawa kay anne

sima

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #90 on: December 04, 2012, 07:01:45 PM »
I used to love Homeland because it was different from other TV shows because of its exciting, serious plot but the show's second season is losing its juice.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 07:40:07 PM by sima »

simplykristine08

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2012, 04:15:20 PM »
wth happened to the season 2 finale?? hayyy! ngayon eh naiisip ko tuloy if brody is still part of the terrorist. mukhang hindi naman, sana hindi naman. i hope talagang nagbago na sya pero hindi mo talaga alam. i'm not sure if saul will help carrie clear brody's name. so, there's a much more bigger terrorist pa bukod kay abu nazir which is expected. kasi kung wala na, tapos na din ang homeland.
Lovin' my LIFE =)

reeya

• GirlTalker
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2012, 09:14:28 PM »
I love this show. Buti may thread na. I dont know what happend sa last episode pero parang may bagong terrorist.
Signature edited.

simplykristine08

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #93 on: December 20, 2012, 01:21:47 PM »
^ yes sis, merong bagong terrorist. i think eto yung mga kasama ni abu nazir. and, inako nila ang bombing. kasi bianggit ni brody diba na it's bigger that nazir. na parang he will die a thousand times para mafulfill ang kanilang goal talaga. and he also said na si walden eh hindi natatapos sakanya, CIA ang talagang target nila kasi sila ang nagssuggest ata kung ano ang dapat gawin sa mga terrorist dba. that's how i understand it ha.
Lovin' my LIFE =)

sima

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #94 on: December 20, 2012, 06:51:54 PM »
I have a feeling Brody is still part of the terrorist cell.  He was holding his SUV car keys in his right hand when he alighted from his vehicle, when he slipped on his jacket and when he went up to the stairs and handed over the keys to a man in military uniform through a handshake.  Brody, although may feelings kay Carrie, is also stringing her along for the ride.

Why didn't Quinn kill Brody when he had a very clear shot of him in the lake?  How did he know and how can he say that Brody is a good man?

Carrie is so hook on him.  The way Brody was to Nazir.  I am starting to lean on the Nussbaum theory.

I was moved by the phone call Saul's estranged wife made.  But I am equally baffled on why she also asked about Carrie.  Hmmmm, I was wondering if they was something before between Saul and Carrie.

Nakakapangilabot yung part na nagdasal si Saul ng Kaddish prayer (Jewish prayer) for those who perished in the bombing.  Saul is really the moral center of the series.  And I don't think he is the mole.

It must have been heart breaking for Dana to have her faith in her father shattered by the video he made for the bombing that did not carry out.  Sa family kasi nila, parang si Dana lang ang nakakaintindi sa kanya.  Up to the last moment, she believed her father until she saw the video (which we all know was not for that incident).

Kahit na maraming implausible events itong series na ito (like bakit hinayaan nilang may magpark ng car sa harap ng memorial building kahit pa sabihing top ranking yung official na nagutos noon, how did Nazir enter the country, etc), I will keep on watching.

simplykristine08

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #95 on: December 20, 2012, 07:45:44 PM »
^ ako naman, confused talaga kung si brody ba ay part of the terrorist pa rin or not. mahirap, pero eto ang maganda, kaabang abang talaga.

i think, sa part ni quinn, parang nakita nya talagang mahal ni carrie at si brody ang nagbabalance kay carrie. and like what he said, ginawa naman ni brody yung part nya dun sa deal nila diba, so baka yun na rin yun. ang magbebenefit nalang kasi pag pinatay si brody eh si estes talaga.

diba nabanggit ni brody na all along, ang target talaga is yung CIA. so there's a bigger terrorist pa kay abu nazir. kaloka to.
Lovin' my LIFE =)

10tequilashots

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Oh, please.
« Reply #96 on: January 21, 2013, 09:59:04 AM »
I really, really love this show. Very intelligently done. The writing is superb, very clean and flawless. :)

simplykristine08

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #97 on: January 21, 2013, 02:26:02 PM »
Ang tagal pa ng hihintayin natin for season 3!! :(
Lovin' my LIFE =)

dolcevitabebe

• GirlTalker
« Reply #98 on: February 02, 2013, 04:26:51 PM »
Homeland did an awesome job sa Golden Globes :)

Though I have to agree may WTF moment sa Season 2 na compared sa Season 1 talagang you're always at the edge of the seat and wanting for more kasi nga iba sya compared to other shows.

Matagal tagal na hintayan pa to for Season 3. Hanap hanap muna ng ibang makalolokohan

sima

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #99 on: September 03, 2013, 04:34:24 AM »
Simula na ng Season 3 - WOOHOO!  Well for me at least.  I got hold of the leaked version hehe.

May time jump kainis!  But I think we viewers will be updated with flashbacks in the coming episodes.

Bagay kay Carrie ang mahabang buhok.  She looks fresh despite the odds she faced in the premiere episode - congressional hearing, front page scandal, Saul on live TV, her apparent guilt on the CIA bombing!  My gosh, kung hindi ba naman mag-kick-in ang kanyang disorder sa nangyayari sa kanya ngayon....  Natutuwa ako sa papa niya.  Ang bait!  And to think pareho silang bipolar.

Mas gusto ko ang aura ni Dana ngayon although parang mas naging wild siya.  Ang laki na ng kapatid niyang lalaki.  Brody is no-show this episode and nobody (?) knows where he is.  Ang ganda ng asawa ni Brody sa episode na ito.  Saul as CIA head is taking its toll on him. 

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.