Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 26 OCT 14
Worried about your performance at work? Find a mentor and ask for guidance. Learning from a senior will help you get better at your job.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Which is better for the Unborn Baby? Anmum or Enfamama? =)  (Read 18363 times)

steph28

• Probationary
  • Hello Girls!
Which is better for the Unborn Baby? Anmum or Enfamama? =)
« on: October 04, 2011, 08:38:07 AM »
Hello mommies! I just want to know your opinion regarding this. I was told kasi na Anmum made this mommy's baby turn out sobrang hyperactive while when she drank naman Enfamama sa 2nd pregnancy niya hindi na daw ganon kinalabasan ng baby niya. Is there truth to this?
I want kasi to make sure that my unborn baby is getting all the possible vitamins and nutrients it needs talaga cos ma carry niya yan for life eh. Pls help naman mga sis, thank you! =)

Another thing din pala, what can I take or do (ex. the best or most complete prenatal vitamins, food, dvds, music) for my unborn baby and after giving birth para maging smart siya or maging smartest possible siya? Scared kasi ako na hindi siya maging smart cos hindi naman ako ganon ka talino =(
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 08:42:41 AM by steph28 »
Hello sisses! Just want to be a part of this forum. Learned alot! and hope to share my personal opinions too!

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Which is better for the Unborn Baby? Anmum or Enfamama? =)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 08:50:41 AM »
You drink milk for the calcium

If you eat healthy, eat calcium-enriched food (yogurt, cheese, green leafy vegetables), and religiously take your pregnancy vitamins, you can forego the milk. Should you want to drink milk, fresh milk will do. IMO, those pregnancy milk are just marketing products created to corner a certain demographic (pregnant women). You can get all benefits they're offering from other food sources less the sugar. Less sugar = less weight gain.

jenybasti

• Junior GirlTalker
  • lablab kuya bas en sab
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 12:53:34 PM »
^ yup sis agree ako.yung sa 1st ko nga 6 months preggy na ko nung nag start ako uminom ng anmum.ngayon naman yung sa 2nd ko nung 3months once lang din  ako bumili kasi napaka pricey ng anmum compare sa ibang milk.nag tetake naman ako ng multivitamins, iron saka calcium.then eat vegetables and fruits everyday saka yun nga fresh milk:)

Grayce

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 02:43:31 AM »
Here in Singapore OB's recommend fresh milk than anmum or enfamama due to the sugar content.
Stalker much?

chardonnay

• Inspired
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • There is nothing else!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 03:40:57 AM »
I couldn't add more! ang mahal mahal ng mga materna milk tapos patataasin lang ang sugar mo.
LiFe Is Not AboUt FiNdiNg YouRseLf, It is AbOut CrEaTing YourSelF!

Grayce

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 04:12:31 AM »
^based on personal experience na rin ha. malakas makataba tong mga to. kaya better talaga kung fresh milk nalang. mahirap nang magka complications due to high blood sugar habang buntis. as long as you eat healthy food i don't see anything special with drinking these milks.
Stalker much?

princessrio

• Super GirlTalker
  • God has given me the best gifts...
    • Our road 2 forever
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 07:40:13 AM »
I don't think Anmum or Enfamama has something to do with the hyperactivity of the baby. you drink this because of its calcium and other stuff. and tama mga sisses dito, when you really are well supplemented , pwede na rin ito wala. Ako kasi, since healthy mama ako, I shifted to nonfat milk.

regarding your question kung ano makakakapagpatalino sa bata.. hmm, wala namang scientific explanation na yung mga classical music eh nakakapagpatalino, but it helps the mommies be relaxed. what i do lang is listen to classical music and read baby stories. tapos kinakausap ko sha.

siguro just be a responsible mommy. eat lots of veggies and fruits and drink lots of water. avoid salty and sweet stuff. pwede naman once in a while, pero wag naman madalas. saka when in doubt, ask your OB.
my husband and son are my life <3

hedonista

• mastering law of attraction
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • extremely grateful. thank you thank you thank you
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 08:14:03 AM »
^ agree ako sis. i researched about listening to classical music and i found out it just helps baby's sleeping patterns in our womb. no scientific basis na nakakatalino nga sya.

ANMUM or ENFAMAMA - if you read the backlabel of both milk, halos pareho ng content in terms of calcium, iron vitamins and folic. this helps mom to be prepared and fully equipped while baby is developing. But you may consult your OB kung ano best recommended nya. you do online research rin, it helps. :)

In my case, di naman talaga ako nireseta ng milk. just vitamis for preggy. then lots of fresh fruits. avoid yung mga nasa lata na fruit juices. dapat fresh rin.

healthy baby starts with healthy mom, sabi nga nila.
Nothing can come into your experience unless you summon it through persistent thoughts.

hmist

• GirlTalker
    • Baby Chic Boutique
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 09:49:30 AM »
Smarts - di naman talaga 'to result ng anything you intake. Most of the time genetics and of course how you nurture your baby after he or she is born. But syempre maganda pa rin that you eat well, and make sure you get all your recommended nutrients so healthy kayo both ni baby. I'm sure yung experience nung mom na nakausap mo is just a coincidence... depende rin talaga, meron talagang mga babies na medyo hyperactive, at meron naman parang ang bait and tahimik, regardless of what milk you drink. Basta the best thing to do is keep yourself healthy, eat well, drink the supplements/milk your OB recommends, and hope and pray for the best. :)
Dresses, cloth diapers, wet bags, leg warmers, and more... Visit Baby Chic Boutique or check out our Multiply page.

mommyleigh

• GirlTalker
  • 100% full time mom
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 08:01:15 PM »
mga sis...maki sali na ha..

na try ko na parehas pero mas better ang taste ng Enfamama than Anmum..hindi pa siya gaanong sweet..kung may budget ka Enfamama pero kung ngtititpid Anmun ;D
"a baby is something you carry inside you for 9 months,in your arms for 3 years,& in your heart till the day you die"

blouie11

• GirlTalker
  • RN, a lover and soon-to-be a mom!
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 11:26:11 PM »
hi mga sis!

during my first prenatal check-up my OB gave me a sample of both milk. Try ko daw kung ano mas magugustuhan ko. Same lang naman sila brand lang ang pinagkaiba and flavors. mas maraming flavor ang Anmum. Pero sabi nga nila nakakataba daw tong mga to.. you have your vitamins and supplements naman na recommended ni OB na nakukuha din sa milk na to. Much better daw ng non-fat milk. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables for iron, milk for calcium and fruits for other vitamins. Consume a lot of water and rest well avoid stressful activities.

maengs

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2011, 03:32:22 PM »
I drink anmum choco.. pagnagsawa na change to hazelnut na naman. me bago ngayon promama but I will not consider trying since I don't drink milk unless if it's fresh milk.
My life is comprised of a wonderful family, great friends, a small humble business & a sincere dedication to our dearest Lord our Saviour.

loving wife.. soon to be mommy!

kookiemonster

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 03:52:27 PM »
i drink anmum paminsan-minsan. mahal kasi and then i have vitamins naman and folic acid.
i was supposed to buy anmum in can kaya lang dapat ma consume mo pala yun in 2 months after opening? naman!! kala ko pwedeng pang matagalan yun.

yung ibang mommies di naman nag a-anmum healthy naman sila at ang baby :)

cj_09

• GirlTalker
  • a druggist, a mom, a homemaker
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 06:45:55 PM »
i think same content lang sila yet ayoko ng taste kaya when i got to taste it for the 1st time..ayoko na ulitin :)
[color={red}]{♥♥♥♥♥♥}[/color]{Bear + Kitty = Lotie}[color={red}]{♥♥♥♥♥♥}[/color]

blouie11

• GirlTalker
  • RN, a lover and soon-to-be a mom!
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 07:32:24 AM »
^i tried all pregnancy milk anmum, enfamama and promama.. Pero pinaka nagustohan ko Anmum vanilla flavor. hehe di ko na finallow yung instruction i just add two scoops of milk to a mug of hot water. Got the scoop from Promama.  ;)

blackshirt13

• Late bloomer
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Who is blackshirt13?
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2011, 02:23:22 AM »
pareho naman content nila sis, so i guess nasa preference na lang ng brands at flavor yung question. nung preggy ako, i first tried anmum kasi yun mas popular. kaso nasisira ang tyan ko pagkakainom kaya pinatigil na ko ng OB, kasi hindi ko rin daw nakukuha yun nutrients kasi inilalabas ko din. :P so switch ako sa enfamama. kaso nung last trimester pinatigil na din ako ng OB kasi tumataas na sugar ko.
I'm on Blogger and WordPress

kaeluscious

• GirlTalker
  • shop-a-holic princess | nanny to my yumilicious
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 04:15:40 AM »
They're both okay for me bec I took both of them before. It depends on your tastebuds lang. I found Enfamama sweeter than Anmum.
no matter how loud i laugh, i\'m still not happy.<br />no matter how hard i cry, the sadness inside grows.<br />the more people love me, the more i feel empty.<br />i just need you to love me Ü

cece1126

• Junior GirlTalker
  • pregnant wanderlust LOL
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 09:01:40 AM »
ang gusto ko lang naman is yung makakatulong sa brain development ni baby
kasi may mga vitamins na ako for folic, iron at calcium

sinung nag fish oil dito, ok ba effect?

wala ata to sa topic pero, panu yung brain development ni baby after mapanganak ok na ang breastmilk di ba? or should i supplement pa ng omega 3,6,9?

anjfree

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 07:42:32 AM »
enfamama and amnun has both choline and DHA for brain development. may vitamins ba na mapagkukunan nun? I have problems now drinking milk. i really get a bad stomach ache pero nung di ako preggy I drink milk. ang weird, di ako makatulog sa gabi sa sakit starting nung uminom ako ng materna milk this saturday pati si hubby nadadamay tuloy sa puyat ko.
It's the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting. - The Alchemist

Grayce

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 12:32:10 PM »
^i was advised to drink omega 3 supplements/fish oil supplements for this.

i don't understand the hype on these pregnancy milks when they're just full of sugar
Stalker much?

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.