Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 03 SEP 14
When you read the newspaper in the morning, check out the funnies too--they'll put a smile on your face before you head for work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Thread 3  (Read 62776 times)

achengtarush

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Thread 3
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2011, 04:09:34 PM »
matry nga yang Crescent Moon. My folks live in Antipolo at wala kaming makainang kakaiba dun.

bluemargarita

• life has truly been good to me
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2011, 08:09:50 PM »
Bawai's Vietnamese Kitchen - Tagaytay

really enjoyed our meal. super worth it! favorite ko talaga yung prawns sauteed in tamarind sauce.

fresh spring roll with giant shrimps - six large rolls. really good with the peanut sauce
 prawns in tamarind sauce - yummy. generous servings! sauce was fantastic
 beef stew - tender, flavorul, generous servings
 vietnamese coffee - strong!

total bill was 1k  :)
life is good! :)
"I thank my God every time I remember you, constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you."--Philippians 1:3-4

letters_to_cleo

• Senior GirlTalker
  • happy, happy. my goal is to be happy!
    • Geek Wearing Makeup
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 04:35:48 PM »
^good for two na yan sis?

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 11:00:38 AM »
Red Garlic Bistro Cafe @ Katipunan-Blue Ridge
Katipunan-Blue Ridge has become a restaurant row and this place got me and my husband curious because it is always full.  We learned that it is owned by a partnership with Raymart Santiago among one of the partners.

We ordered the house specialty pasta, Sardinia, the pizza Trio, and carrot cake.  The pasta has home-made sardines and it is really yummy!  Hubby and I finished it in, like, three minutes, haha.  I think I read somewhere that home-made sardines is Raymart's specialty.  It's very good talaga.  You won't want to eat bottled sardines for a while after tasting the home-made variety.  One order of pasta is good for sharing so at Php300, it's a good deal.

We chose the five-cheese, shrimp and chorizo variants for the Trio.  I loved the chorizo variant but all are delish.  Kinda expensive at Php500.

The carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (Php175/slice) was absolutely delightful.  Carrot cake should always be paired with cream cheese frosting.  This particular carrot cake met all the qualities I like in a carrot cake:  cream cheese fosting, chopped walnuts, carrot bits that you can actually see and that spice or kick from cinnamon.  Too bad hubby and I were not happy with the cappuccino we ordered.   Skip the coffee next time, but not the cake.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 11:09:43 AM by marose17 »

momai

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 11:09:34 AM »
kumain kami last friday sa Tokyu Sushi Bar sa Pioneer. mura na masarap pa. sarap ng fried tofu nila.
actually lahat ng naorder namin ay masarap naman.

tonkatsu
torikatsu
seafood ramen
pork teriyaki
shrimp misono
red ice tea (laki ng baso)
maki (sarap)
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy....

FOURever

• My username does not fit me anymore :X
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Anything could happen.
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 08:28:17 AM »
^^sis sa pasig ba yan? Saan banda?
I like games well played :)

momai

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 09:51:25 AM »
^ lapit na din sa pasig sis. sa may parking lang ng pioneer center. maliit nga lang siya pero sarap talaga ng food at mura pa.
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy....

imyourangel

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Keep dancing like we're twenty-two ♥
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 04:04:15 PM »
Papa John's

Just ate here yesterday. I LOVE their food. There's something about their pizza that makes it more delish. :D

akireyhoj

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2011, 05:46:15 PM »
yesterday we ate at tokyo cafe moa. napansin namin ni bf since no service charge na sila bumagal service nila. ilang beses mo pa sila tatawagin para mapansin ka hindi na sila attentive. pero ok lang i really love their food!

FOURever

• My username does not fit me anymore :X
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Anything could happen.
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2011, 06:17:39 PM »
rediscovery: mang inasal sm manila

Gusto ko luto nila ng kanin. Perfect. Hehe. Pero lumiit na chicken nila
I like games well played :)

silverlilac

• Super GirlTalker
  • Lovin' My Life...:)
    • A World of Serendipity
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2011, 11:05:26 PM »
Kowloon House West Ave. - sadly all the dishes that were served - matabang. :( We ate there for the reception of our friend's wedding, and had: roast chicken, lechon, sweet&sour pork, beef with green peppers, broccoli with oyster sauce, pancit with sauce (don't know what it's called), and yang chao fried rice. ang medyo masarap lang yung broccoli dish. the rest disappointing. and ang dumi daw ng restroom sa function room! i said "daw" kasi sa restroom ako sa ibaba, sa restaurant mismo, nagpunta... but my friends said parang baha yung banyo sa may 2nd floor function room  :o
"It's just something that happens as you grow up: You realize it's less important to have many friends, and more important to have REAL ones..." - Richie Rich

http://aworldofserendipity.wordpress.com/

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2011, 09:07:12 AM »
I super enjoyed lunch at Cuillere last week. There were two of us and we ordered the following:

Cream of Mushroom
Fresh Oysters (half a dozen)
Lamb Riblets with Ratatouille Mint Rice
Tenderloin Steak with Blue Cheese Sauce
Iced Tea (Peach, Tamarind, Raspberry)

Very creamy and yummy cream of mushroom soup. Oysters weren't as plump as I hoped, but still good. Tenderloin was, well, tender and cooked perfectly. Lamb riblets were quite dry, but the ratatouille mint rice made up for it. Loved all the iced tea flavors!

Overall, it was a good dining experience. Total bill was Php 1,945 but I felt it was worth it. Would definitely come back. Like, maybe later for lunch. :D

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2011, 09:20:44 AM »
^ We weren't that happy with Cuillere naman.  We dined there two weeks ago.  I liked my beef ribs but my husband was not happy with his steak.  It was bloody though he asked that it be cooked medium well.

My mom's sea bass though was cooked perfectly.

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2011, 10:01:32 AM »
^ Hayy, I guess hindi nga sila consistent. Mixed online reviews din on Cuillere eh.

casmi

• Probationary
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2011, 07:25:13 PM »
Red Kimono. hehe.

They offer wide variety of sushi's, may parang vegetarian sushi's pa para sa mga health conscious. Their tempura is good too, (lahat naman ng tempura para sakin masarap). You can try their tonkatsu, and noodles too. For the price typical Japanese restaurants. :))

stormy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2011, 06:32:03 PM »
Cafe dematisse (davao) - sarap ng beef stroganoff :) even the breakfast meals sarap rin!

silverlilac

• Super GirlTalker
  • Lovin' My Life...:)
    • A World of Serendipity
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2011, 03:01:56 PM »
Marriott Cafe (Marriott Hotel Manila) - my friends and i were thinking of where to go for dinner for our annual Christmas celebration, then yung isa namin friend ayaw pumayag na hindi buffet :P we tried calling Manila Pen, but their earliest available seating will be 8:3)pm pa daw. so we tried the buffet at the Marriott Cafe, and we weren't disappointed. service was superb, and the food selection was quite good, too! i was really impressed with their US Ribeye steak, e hindi naman ako meat-lover. nagulat hubby ko because i went back for the steak twice pa hehe. the tempura was good din daw. masarap din yung roast duck, cream dory roulade (wrapped in thin eggplant strips).

they also offered free hot tea, i got jasmine green tea which helped with how all that food settled in my tummy :p  oh and their dessert station was really good din! we all loved the coffee crumble gelato (much bitter compared to Selecta's, but really masarap!), Palawan honey and walnut gelato, and their mixed berries yogurt. i'd love to come back to this cafe/restaurant! :)

by the way, price for the buffet (we went there for dinner on Monday night) - P1550 nett per person ;)
"It's just something that happens as you grow up: You realize it's less important to have many friends, and more important to have REAL ones..." - Richie Rich

http://aworldofserendipity.wordpress.com/

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 09:58:55 AM »
Cafe Juanita at Kapitolyo, Pasig

My girl friends and I had dinner here last night.  The place reminds me of a lola's house.  Ang daming antiques!  We ordered the following:

Gambas - okay lang for me, I've tasted better gambas elsewhere.

White lumpia - the ubod was tender, this was a healthy dish.

Crispy pata - ang sarap!  The skin was crispy and the meat was very tender. 

Kare-kare - my favorite dish.  This was super good!  Alam mong hindi peanut butter ang ginamit kundi roasted peanut and roasted rice na dinurog until maging super fine - the old-fashioned way to make the peanut base for kare-kare.  I also like the fact na ang ginamit na parts, the tripe, pata and knee (as opposed to chunks of beef sa ibang restos), made the kare-kare more flavorful.  Ang sarap talaga nito!

Sticky toffee pudding - super duper yummy dessert.   Must try ito.

Mini-turon - I am not a banana person so I was not looking forward to this.  May luya siya.

Service was a bit slow though because the restaurant was full.

byutijunkie

• Senior GirlTalker
  • lover of all things fab!
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2012, 01:27:19 AM »
nomnom along tomas morato.  their tagline is "happy food" at happy talaga kami sa kanya.  nice ambience.  good food.  mejo mainit lang yung aircon.  same owners as tomato kick in up.  will definitely go back for more!
“The best color in the whole world, is the one that looks good, on you!”
                   --Coco Chanel

oktoberfest22

• Aggrieved.
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2012, 09:20:37 AM »
CASA FILIPINO BY CHEF LAUDICO sa sct torillo cor. sct fernandez

Had such high hopes for this resto. But it's a fail for me. Customer service is really bad, food is just so-so.
Be careful. Big Brother is watching...

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.