Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 31 JUL 14
Eat slowly. It's good for better digestion--it will help you enjoy your food more too!
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Thread 3  (Read 59976 times)

ilurvepeanutbutter

• GirlTalker
  • |i♥peanutbutter|
Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Thread 3
« on: October 02, 2011, 07:17:02 PM »
New thread! Post away girlies! ;)
[ ☮ ❤ ☺ ]

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Feedback on your latest RESTAURANT discovery - Thread 3
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 08:42:50 PM »
Wild Ginger @ Rockwell - masarap and reasonable ang price ng food.  The Nasi Goreng is very good!

stormy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 12:54:56 AM »
^yung beef rendang masarap rin marose :)

marcia

• GirlTalker
  • No pain, No gain ;)
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 07:07:32 AM »
Seconds, located on the second floor of the same building as the Nike Store at Bonifacio High Street. Super delicious everything :)

foxy_girlfriend

• and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 12:28:38 PM »
john & yoko. mahal sya pero surprisingly big servings

We ordered buta tonkotsu ramen, kani salad and cold soba and Mt. Fuji steak.

The tonkotsu ramen is not that hot when it was served. I asked them to re-heat it pa.

Kani salad and cold soba has a lot of taste and texture.

Mt. Fuji steak na-overpower ng mushroom sauce yung steak mismo. sobrang malasa yung mushroon sauce.

letters_to_cleo

• Senior GirlTalker
  • happy, happy. my goal is to be happy!
    • Geek Wearing Makeup
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 03:28:51 PM »
Chic Boy @ BF Homes. Bleh! Super uminit pa ulo ko kasi napagpalit nila ng orders kaya pala 30 mins na wala pa yung food namin samantalang yung nalate magorder eh naserve na. Turned out yung order namin nabigay sa kabilang table.  Ordered liempo, halo halo, chicken, sisig, kangkong. Honestly di ko magets ang raves :-( O mali lang ako ng branch na nakainan? Napakaalat ng liempo nila, yung sisig so-so, ang masarap lang talaga is the kangkong at halo-halo. Pero granted, for the price eh nakakabusog na rin. Pero haaay, never again. Tegi na ito sa amin.

Hanakazu BF Homes - ansarap ng ramen!  ordered tempura, donburi rice bowls for the fam, and a few makis. Ansarap talaga ng ramen nila~ di ko malimutan.  Medyo pricey lang, 3.5k for a dinner for 5. pero sobrang busog naman and super nice yung private rooms nila.

Sieg's Diner Better Living Paranaque - sobrang affordable comfort food! Their lumpia is nice, not your typical shanghai. My brother loves the Kare-kare kasi di lang peanuty ang flavor.  Big servings at super affordable prices. An order is 85-300 each and good for 3 na.

Cake Planet Better Living - Our neighborhood cake place is still the place to go for desserts. Super nice the servers, I love making chika with them. But of course we come here for the cakes~ I still love their Banoffee Pie the most (compared sa Bananalicious Pie ng Conti's mas gusto ko ito! Sobrang sarap). Our usual orders for takeout are the Bananalicious Pie and the Mud Pie,  may new cakes sila, Peach something and a chocolate torte pie, but ang memorable talaga are the Mud pie and the Banoffee Pie.  Not too expensive too for Manila prices~ about 110 to 150 per big slice.

leletmd

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 08:02:52 PM »
Chic boy at Ortigas Greenhills also messed up our order. It was for take out and we only found out about it nung iseserve na sa house so hubby had to go back to have it changed pa.
They were apologetic naman and gave us a free order of turones con leche. Hassle lang talaga to go back.

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 11:53:00 PM »
Zucchini's @ Scout Tuason cor. Scout Castor

I had a wonderful birthday dinner here with my husband and BFFs.  Service was impeccable, from the reservation up to the handing out of the bill.  Moreover, the waitstaff sang a lovely birthday song (not the super loud kind you will get from other restos) and gave me a plate with Happy Birthday + my name on it written with chocolate sauce and a slice of their white chocolate cheesecake (had this wrapped because we ordered a slice prior to the song).

Everything we ordered was perfectly cooked.  We had the following:

Starters - scallop salad with calamansi dressing + duck liver pate with crostini and bread basket

I really loved the calamansi dressing and the scallop was seared to perfection, cooked well but retaining its juiciness.

The duck liver pate was so smooth and fine though I cannot say it's the best I've had.  But it was very good.

Main course - Angus rib eye with herb and parmesan risotto; mushroom sauce

I read that Zucchini's is an authorized distributor of Angus beef in the Philippines.  The steak did not disappoint!  It was tender, juicy, seasoned just right and perfectly cooked medium well for me.  I loved it!  The mushroom sauce was so good.  And the risotto was just as I liked it, not too mushy and very flavorful.

The best thing about the main course was how the flavors blended well together without overpowering the natural taste of the beef.  Delicious!

Dessert - white chocolate cheesecake with passion fruit syrup

I am not fond of white chocolate and fruits in my desserts.  I am a chocolate lover.  This was a bold and unusual choice for me. No regrets.  This dessert was the perfect sweet ending to our meal.  It was relatively light and the tartness of the passion fruit balanced the white chocolate. 

I recommend this restaurant not just for a birthday dinner, but also for an anniversary dinner or a romantic date.  I am planning to return on my wedding anniversary in around two months' time.   I am so glad it is in a quiet part of QC, a bit off the busier T. Morato and Timog Avenues.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:56:41 PM by marose17 »

meloids

• Bratinella.... Certified PASAWAY!! and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • tee hee!~
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 12:59:02 AM »
the red crab in greenbelt. buti naman at nabago na yung menu nila for buffet. infairness naman at dalawang klase nang luto meron na sila sa crab na nasa buffet nila (crab maritess and spicy crab). masarap naman at yung pinaka gusto ko ay yung live fish from the tank na pwede kang mamili tapos ipa fried/grill mo sa kanila (included na rin yun sa buffet). all in all, nag enjoy kami ni hubby and sure na babalik pa kami dun.
\"NoThInG iS iMpOsSiBlE tO a WiLlInG hEaRt.\"

bluemargarita

• life has truly been good to me
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 06:19:40 PM »
^^wow sis marose i did not know may zucchini's pa pala. maka-bisita nga. the last time i ate there was 2004 pa ata when the resto was still located in timog ave. beside santi's. we also had steak back then and super sarap nga. i remember the waiter had a super huge pepper grinder (parang kasing haba ng paddle ng boat hehe) they use it to season your soup :)
life is good! :)
"I thank my God every time I remember you, constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you."--Philippians 1:3-4

jo_i

• Senior GirlTalker
    • a pink potato life
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 11:39:53 PM »
rediscovery - Cafe Juanita ---> It was my first time to try their new location in Kapitolyo and I must say it's a bit more spacious than the old one. Food is still a-okay, but they can definitely improve on the serving size. As always, service was a bust. It was hard to get hold of the waiters' attentions - and it wasn't even a busy night. Loved their Sans Rival.

Chic Boy ---> Not a pleasant experience, food is not something to rave about. It's a "glamorized" fast food joint.

rediscovery - Misato Japanese restaurant (Metrowalk) ----> It's been awhile since I last visited, and I feel like food quality has dwindled a bit. Even the place itself looks so old now. I liked their tofu steak, though. Price point - a tad expensive compared to its neighboring restaurants.

Red Kimono (Westgate) - Japanese restaurants tend to have a slower service than other cuisines, but this one tops the slowest service list. Food is not too shabby, I especially liked their Sukiyaki but hated their salmon sashimi because it was too "soft" for my taste - it looked like it was thawed in a microwave.

Poco Deli (Pasig) - I love this place. It's a quaint cafe tucked in a residential neighborhood. They have wine, cheese, sausage - and your normal entrees. Price isn't too bad too. Service, excellent - the waiter even knows how to give out a business card correctly! Definitely deserves a rediscovery, soon!
http://joytej.multiply.com - bits and pieces..

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 11:48:59 PM »
@bluemargarita, the big peppermill is still there!  Try it.  Ang sarap ng steak, much better than hotel steaks.

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 11:19:26 AM »
@Tempura Grill at Trinoma

Okay pala dito.  I liked their gyu asupara dish (beef wrapped in asparagus), sukiyaki (good for 2), chicken teriyaki donburi (their chicken teriyaki is better than Teriyaki Boy's version) and gyoza.  Hubby tried the eat all you can for Php499 deal.  What's nice about the deal is that instead of a buffet, the food is prepared fresh (per order lang).  I was able to sneak in a few bites of the beef and tuna teppanyaki, both of which were slightly overcooked.  Hindi ko natikman the tempura but my kids liked it.  My mom liked the yakisoba.

silverlilac

• Super GirlTalker
  • Lovin' My Life...:)
    • A World of Serendipity
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 11:20:02 AM »
If you guys find yourselves in San Pablo, Laguna, you MUST have a meal at Sulyap Gallery Cafe and Restaurant ! Service was excellent, attentive ang staff and very knowledgeable with their menu items. They even offered to take us around the property - we got to visit the museum (lots of interesting collectors' stuff), and check out their bed&breakfast room options. No charge for the "tour", sobrang nag-enjoy kami!

And of course, my friends and i agreed that we had THE BEST Filipino cuisine meal here! The dishes we had were really simple, but had fresh and high quality ingredients, lovingly prepared in an unhurried and uniquely San Pablo way. we were all rendered speechless sa sarap ng food  ;D

The dining area is like a big, old house - we stayed in the 2nd floor, where we took a lot of photos lalo na near the capiz sliding windows with the view outside. Dining tables and chairs are made of solid wood, even the plates, placemats and napkins were Old Filipiniana style/designed. The place isn't air-conditioned, but with the cool breeze coming from outside - helped by antique-lookined ceiling fans - we enjoyed the non-AC experience very much. The whole Sulyap experience was like going back in time, when life in the Philippines was really simple and laid-back.  :)

Here's what we ordered:

Kulawong Puso ng Saging - roasted/grilled puso ng saging , then cooked in coconut milk. this dish is creamy/crunchy, with a hint of vinegar, and a few strips of grilled pork on top. my friends and i (including our super-meticulous chef friend) were BLOWN AWAY with this dish, sooobrang sarap! and what's amazing is very simple lang ang preparation. speechless talaga kami while eating the Kulawo. (not often that we're rendered speechless ;D ). i think the Kulawo dish alone, made the whole San Pablo trip so worth the effort.  ;)

Ginataang Pusit - the squid was very fresh, and very tender! parang kumakain lang kami ng fish fillet sa lambot ng squid. the way the gata and pusit were cooked - ay grabe, ang sarap-sarap din!!! :)

Bangus Belly - i think this was pan-fried, and topped with lots of garlic. again, the simplicity of the taste (marinade was, i think - soy sauce and calamansi) brought out the freshness of the fish. perfect with the Kulawo. :)

Pork Barbecue - very tender, we enjoyed this as well because talagang naglalaban yung tangy and sweet taste. :P

Fresh Watermelon Shake - from our first sip, we all knew the shake wasn't mixed with sugar (or at the very least siguro, just a very small amount lang ang nilagay). we can only taste the freshness of the watermelon, which was sweet na din in itself. super refreshing!  ;)

servings are big - we only ordered one of each dish, and sobrang busog na kaming 4 ng friends ko. we all wanna go back to San Pablo again soon para lang makakain ulit sa Sulyap hehe...

guys, you HAVE to try out Sulyap (especially the Kulawo and ginataang pusit!!!) - it's an unforgettable San Pablo experience.  ;)
"It's just something that happens as you grow up: You realize it's less important to have many friends, and more important to have REAL ones..." - Richie Rich

http://aworldofserendipity.wordpress.com/

princessrio

• Super GirlTalker
  • God has given me the best gifts...
    • Our road 2 forever
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 03:19:38 PM »
tried out Crescent Moon Cafe in Antipolo yesterday. if you'll search this cafe though the internet, iba iba ang makikita na review simply because yung sineserve nila eh iba iba. their menu will depend kung ano ang fresh ingredients available for the day. ito yung sinerve sa amin yesterday. service was awesome too. mabait yung waiters.

Pumpkin soup with coconut - tasteful! although medyo malabnaw, pero masarap talaga sha.

Appetizer - This is kind of "kakaiba" for me, making a lumpia out of alagaw leaves, green chili, mango, onions, garlic, ginger, basil, shrimps and a sweet dark sauce with nuts.

Chicken - parang chicken curry, but it's tasty.

Meat - also has mushrooms and veggies. tasty also.

Fish - ito yung love ko. i think we were served with talakitok steak. super sarap!

Toasted noodles - super sarap din! the sauce is made out of pumpkin also.

Fresh veggies and fruits - may dressing sha that looked like pesto. but i think it's alagaw leaves also.

Dessert - suman with mangga. love love love..

my husband and son are my life <3

ladylucille

• boom boom pow!
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2011, 03:23:54 PM »
For authentic THAI FOOD:  SR Thai in UST!
I can only give you love that lasts forever,
And a promise to be near each time you call.
And the only heart I own
For you and you alone
That's all,
That's all...

FOURever

• My username does not fit me anymore :X
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Anything could happen.
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2011, 04:40:44 PM »
^SR thai in ust. Masarap sya.. Pero natamisan ako sa pad thai. But i will come back for the seafood rice thingy nila :)
I like games well played :)

rlin_0811

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2011, 06:27:36 PM »
Bar-b-king in megamall. Suki kami ni bf dito. For 95php, rice all you can na yung 2pcs barbecue nila. Sobrang sarap and wala halos taba yung barbecue. Nakaka-apat na rice nga ako eh. Masarap din [textspeak!] ensalada nila for 39php. Diyan ako tumaba kaka-rice. Hahaha

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
    • Gym Sweetheart
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 04:38:28 PM »
For lunch today, we had Turmeric Chicken and Gambas Al Ajillo Angel Hair at Lu (Mediterranean Restaurant) in Rockwell. Well, my friend liked the chicken. I, on the contrary, found the food bland. Maraming good reviews ang Lu online, so maybe it's just me.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 04:47:49 PM by Frozen Toes »

ladylucille

• boom boom pow!
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2011, 01:25:11 PM »
^SR thai in ust. Masarap sya.. Pero natamisan ako sa pad thai. But i will come back for the seafood rice thingy nila :)

sis you ask them to cook it THAI AUTHENTIC.  Just like in Dusit hotel, you should tell them to have it done in authentic thai taste otherwise they'll adjust according to pinoy taste..  :(
I can only give you love that lasts forever,
And a promise to be near each time you call.
And the only heart I own
For you and you alone
That's all,
That's all...

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.