Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 02 SEP 14
Record your baby's laughter. Play it whenever you're feeling the burn at work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Can a single mom still be loved by a completely single guy.  (Read 20306 times)

momimadz

• GirlTalker
  • Taking everything one step at a time
Can a single mom still be loved by a completely single guy.
« on: September 27, 2011, 08:37:44 AM »
Hello there sis. I'm 24 year old single mom. I guess its hard to find a guy that will pursue a serious relationship with a woman na may extra baggage". On my part kasi, pag may nanliligaw once na sinabi ko na may baby ako, they stopped na para bang na-tuned off na sila..

So mga sis, has anyone here na single mom and dating or sineryoso sila ng isang single guy?
How does your relationship going?

Thanks for your uplifting stories. Atleast, if single dads can have their lovelife back after a failed marriage or relationship sana tayo rin.:(
I ♥ George St. Pierre

honeylet04

Re: Can a single mom still be loved by a completely single guy.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 01:28:36 PM »
Same question with you sis. I've been single for 3 years now, im older than you Im already 28 maybe i would end up spinster.  ::)

muahmuahmuah

• There is no price for Awesomeness! Amp'd Up
  • Super GirlTalker
  • dam it your clothes! punk the devil
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 06:34:31 AM »
yes definitely! a lot has to do with how you see your situation ala seeing the glass half empty or half full. being a single mom is not easy, take it as a badge of honor. if you are capable of raising your kid(s) on your own, make the want to be in a relationship a minor need. if you feel otherwise re-asses your goals and instead just focus on the things you want to achieve and focus on what your kid(s) deserve.

a good friend re-married a totally single guy who loves her 2 kids to bits. the kids sprang from two different relationships. pag na inlove pa yun she always puts her heart on the line so imagine the number of messy relationships she's gotten herself into but what makes her attractive still is her confidence and perseverance. she was focused on raising her kids even without the help of the ex's. 

if the guys you date back out because of the fact, then obviously they're not the right for you. it makes your job easier in weeding out the men who are not ready for the responsibility and your kids don't deserve to be the reason why they back out.  you alone should be the reason why a guy wants to be with you. ikaw ang dapat mas mangilatis now that you have kids to protect don't allow the bad dates discourage you lahat naman may pinagdadaan or lahat naman may baggage.  mas mahirap letting the wrong people into your life and it's not like they themselves have that winning edge or personality.  minsan unahan lang din yan sa pag rule out so onto the next. don't lose hope.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection. The Lovers, the Dreamers, and Me.

I am a catch, and I am not going to be the one to get away.

You should never settle for who you are.

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>

mariadj

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 07:53:34 AM »
Same situation here, though wala pang nag aatempt na manligaw sa akin, pero I am still praying and hoping that God would give me the rightful one that will love me and my baby to the fullest
"For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb." - Psalm 139:13

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 08:47:22 AM »
I have 2 BFFs who are single mothers, and are now happily married to guys who were once very much single. 
What did the men see in these women?  Definitely, not the "excess baggage".  They probably saw how nurturing they were as mothers, how organized, and inspite of their busy skeds... still had time for them.

However, Filipino men balk at tying the knot with single mothers.   It's a cultural thing, really stunts emo growth.. but this is slowly changing, this kind of attitude.   Btw, my 2 BFFs -- their 2nd husbands are both Americans.

rocky

• Certified Lakwatsera &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 04:04:57 PM »
oo naman. mga guy ngayon hindi na issue sa kanila kung may anak ka. may friend ako single sya, gwapo & may kaya. ayun, nainlove sa girl na may anak & hiwalay sa asawa. nong una tinatago pa nila relationship tapos nag-resign sa work yong girl. nagpunta ng dubai yong girl after ilang months nag-resign yong friend kong guy then sinundan si girl. hanggang ngayon sila pa rin. ;D
Happy and Proud to be Mrs. MacKenzie =)

ecnarfoj

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 04:11:47 PM »
Yes!!! Yung guy friend ko na totally single - pinursue niya yung isang single mom. Walang problema sa friend ko kung may anak yung girl.

Siguro kaya ok lang sa friend ko dahil malapit siya sa mga bata and talagang love din naman niya yung girl.

hanson15

• Super GirlTalker
  • Girltalk heals boredom!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 04:19:34 PM »
Pano sis kung 3 na anak nung girl. May magseseryoso pa ba na guy sa kanya?

promises_bytes

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 04:21:03 PM »
Definitely sis. I have a friend na single mom din before pero ngayon happily married na. Single din yung guy pero they got married. Siguro di pa talaga dumarating yung guy for you. It will come at the right time sis. For now enjoy your life muna with your baby.

thestargazer

• Is now Mrs. Guiao :)
  • GirlTalker
  • is one happy wife and mom :)
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 02:38:55 PM »
Yes sis. :)

I am one living proof of that. :)

Vive bene, spesso l'amore, di risata molto

mariadj

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 01:05:35 AM »
^ Wow, good for you sis! sana one day ako rin, sana ibigay din ni God
"For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb." - Psalm 139:13

soLaris

• neophyte photo geek and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2011, 03:49:56 PM »
oo naman. i have a friend who is a single mom, has a kid from a previous relationship, tapos na-meet nya iyung bf then turned into her husband nya sa work nya. they are now happily married with a baby girl. tapos in-adopt ng hubby nya iyung son nya as his own. :)
Happy girls are the prettiest

mariadj

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 02:40:02 AM »
minsan kasi ang hirap din mag move on eh :p di ko pa rin alam kung saan magstastart

hanalea

• Probationary
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 10:25:29 AM »
elow..
actually i have the same scenario here, i'm 24 and i have a 10 months old son, i tried searching for somebody to love me as well as my son thru YM, FB etc. but it's so hard to find them or him. i was told by my friends that i shouldn't look for him because he will eventually come from an unexpected places and unexpected time. so here i am, bored, no dates, no lovelife, just hanging out with friends keme-keme.. hai naku! may nagsabi din sa aken na why don't i try "FUBU" yan ata ang spelling, (bare with my word) yung parang sexmate lang daw to fill in the gap or my "needs" as a human being but i'm still thinking about it, because if i'll do it, naku!! there's so many risk pa..

kaya un, house and work lang talaga ang route ko this time.. if my time, check my mail, etc...
..how do you believe? if in between, is a word lie?..

vintagepastel

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 11:16:23 AM »
definitely sis!! i have a 27 year old cousin who has 2 daughters already.. she's loved and fully accepted by a 23 year old guy.. she said that it was hard to believe that guys would take him seriously na pinapakilala talaga [textspeak!] sa family ng guy.. accepted and loved din naman [textspeak!] kasama daughters nya sa family ng guy.. =)
Some people show off their beauty because they want the world to see it. Others hide their beauty, because they want the world to see something else.

k_heart

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 07:17:38 PM »
Definitely yes! Basta always hold your head up and don't settle for less at wag papadala sa mga FUBU FUBU na yan. Give premium sa sarili. It doesnt mean na single ka na ay nabawasan ang worth mo.
It's how you project yourself on others pero wag rin kakalimutan si baby. He or she should always be part of the package.

Girltalker2

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 06:54:43 AM »

Ang babata nyo pa!  Ako feeling ko napag iwanan nako ng panahon.  Ito question ko naman  - Can a 40yo single mom who has never met other guys except her hubby still be loved by a completely single guy?

I was married before, pero hiwalay na kami ngayon. I have a teenager na. Wala pa naman akong 40, I am in my late 30s na.  Just thinking of getting over my ex first bago ako mag entertain kasi.  Kaya am thinking ahead, pag nasa 40s nako may magseryoso pa kaya sakin?

Ito pa, for guys who are interested with married women or single moms, hindi kaya sex lang ang habol nila?  Who among those single moms na may bfs/hubbies ulit did not sleep with their current bfs/hubbies until they are married?  Natanong ko lang yan kasi I came from an old school. Naniniwala parin ako sa sanctity ng marriage (so far), kaya parang hindi ko ma imagine with someone  na hindi ko asawa. This is my second problem.  Since I did not entertain other men other than my hubby, takot ako.

In the past few years, there has been a couple of guys na umaaligid.  Pero laging pakilala ko kasi sa mga tao eh "married" ako kasi wala pa naman kaming documents ng ex ko na nagpapatunay na separated na kami. We are just not together anymore.   Now, meron ulit lumalapit and this time makulit ito.  But at our age naman kasi - wala namang "I love u's" agad (I think). It is more like you look interesting, let's go out and see from there.  Naisip ko naman, baka naman kasi he just wants to sleep with me. After that, parang di na naman kami magkakilala.  I don't know.  I don't know how to respond. Kasi nga naman, my hubby was my childhood sweetheart.  We have been inseparable since we were kids.  Kaya when we separated, hindi ko alam san ako pupulutin. My parents did not teach me to collect and select when I was young.  Kaya looking back, hindi ko pinapansin ang ibang lalaki kasi yung ex ko lang nga ang focus ko until we got married.  Then na realize ko since hindi ako makuha ni ex nung single pa kami, when we were married na, tsaka naman sya nambabae.  Pareho siguro kaming hindi nakapag explore nung mga bata pa.  Kaya sya lalaki, nag explore nga nung kasal na kami.  Pero ako babae, napag-iwanan ng panahon.

The other question I have as well is - with me, parang nag give up nako to find Mr Right.  Kasi naman napaka torpe ko.  Tapos anong mapapala ng single guy with me if I have this rule of not sleeping with bfs?  Eh di syempre sa single gals nalang sila o di kaya nga, sa single moms who are ok with sex.

JeMae

• Probationary
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2012, 06:37:25 AM »
I am a single mom for almost 4years na. My BF left me after we conceived our son..In my experience takot yung nananaig sa akin kaya hindi pa ko nagkakaBF again. btw Im 22 palang naman so I guess my mahahanap din akong guy na kayang tumanggap ng sitwasyon ko.. Still hoping mga sis :)

Mommy_Halie

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 11:16:55 PM »
Wow Miss Girlatalker2 feeling ko talaga jan ako papunta...
Pano naman yung mga single moms na ayaw mag-date? as in walang effort kasi takot??
Pano may makikilala kung bahay lang, opisina, school at clinic ng anak lang ang destinasyon?
Mahirap talaga if you're scared then you won't look approchable...
But I still believe in fairy tales. Gusto ko yung magkikita na lang kayo at the right time and at the right place. BTW kahit may kids din yung guy is okay with me. I'm not really looking for single bachelors. But when I was younger, choosy talaga ko, pihikan kumbaga. Ngayon, mangangarap pa ba? Haha!

sakura_bloom

• Beauty Desired
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Beauty By Desire
    • https://www.facebook.com/DesirebloomAtelier
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2012, 02:51:37 AM »
^My dad answered this in relation to Kris Aquino:

Personally daw, according to my dad, mas pipiliin nya yung walang anak. Take note mga sis, preferably lang. At kung mahal naman ni guy si girl, anything is possible!  :)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.