Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 02 SEP 14
Record your baby's laughter. Play it whenever you're feeling the burn at work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Guillain Barre Syndrome  (Read 2169 times)

anne_1819

• GirlTalker
Guillain Barre Syndrome
« on: September 23, 2011, 10:46:00 AM »
Does anyone have an idea on this illness? kindly share if you have one. thanks

cookerbel

• GirlTalker
Re: Guillain Barre Syndrome
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 09:12:19 AM »
I think by now you must have researched about it, but anyways, my dad had a similar syndrome but it's miller fisher. Guillain Barre - your antibodies attack your immune system, the paralysis starts up then goes downwards, ten miller fisher - the paralysis starts downwards then upwards, or I could have it wrong and must be the other way around. My dad had MFS exactlt two years, when he had an anti flu shot, it's a very rare allergic reaction to this shot, of course doctors wont tell you about it but if you searched the forums, you will see. It's a very rare allergci reaction to it and a very rare sickness. too bad my dad was one of those hit by those rare rare scenario. He had an anti-flu shot, then weeks later he had a flu, so the antibodies attcked the virus, but then the antibodies didn't stop attacking, and continued to attack until his immune system were being attacked too. The difference is that, I think GBS is more life threatening  :-\

luvleine8

• Probationary
    • maddie
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 10:21:47 PM »
indi ba yan yung sakit ni aya sa one liter of tears?

anne_1819

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 10:43:02 PM »
sis cookerbell, so sorry ngayon ko lang nabasa reply mo. The neurologists checking on me are not really sure if GBS talaga ang sakit ko. They call this neuropathy and until now hindi pa rin makita ang cause. Yung sa akin kasi since Sept yung lower limb ko lang ang naapektuhan. Hindi na cya tumaas. Sa GBS daw kasi mabilis tumaas usually 24 to 48 hrs lang. I am taking lyrica as my pain killer pero yung cure talaga hindi pa alam. Naka-recover ba ang dad mo? Yung GBS yung start sa baba pataas. I am always praying na mawala na lang tong sakit ko. Everyday nakamedyas ako kasi ang sakit sakit. Mahina na rin ang paa ko, good thing I can still do normal activities, yun nga lang medyas and rubber shoes forever.

sis luvleine8,

sige icheck ko yan. Gusto ko talaga mghanap ng makakasharean ng experience ko.

sue323

• Super GirlTalker
    • Sue's Gallery
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 02:29:47 AM »
Hi Anne. How are you now? I don't know anyone who has Guillain Barre, but I have encountered questions about that condition in MD Health Forum. I've read that most people recover from GBS. I sincerely hope that your condition improves.

Here are posts about GBS:
Recurrent Guillain-Barre

[textspeak!][/color]%80%93barre-syndrome/]Guillain-Barre
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:32:21 PM by sue323 »

blackroseMD

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 12:19:33 AM »
I think by now you must have researched about it, but anyways, my dad had a similar syndrome but it's miller fisher. Guillain Barre - your antibodies attack your immune system, the paralysis starts up then goes downwards, ten miller fisher - the paralysis starts downwards then upwards, or I could have it wrong and must be the other way around. My dad had MFS exactlt two years, when he had an anti flu shot, it's a very rare allergic reaction to this shot, of course doctors wont tell you about it but if you searched the forums, you will see. It's a very rare allergci reaction to it and a very rare sickness. too bad my dad was one of those hit by those rare rare scenario. He had an anti-flu shot, then weeks later he had a flu, so the antibodies attcked the virus, but then the antibodies didn't stop attacking, and continued to attack until his immune system were being attacked too. The difference is that, I think GBS is more life threatening  :-\

Sad to hear this story...  :(
I would just like to comment... :)
Your father has a Cranial nerve Variant...
I would just like to correct your term "allergy".. Yes it's a form of hypersensitivity but It's not an allergy... Your father is genetically predisposed into developing this reaction to the vaccine, also depende din sa immune status ng father mo...
Other thing, Your father has MFS diba, so tama ka dun sa mula taas pababa (descending).... Siya yung naiiba,, Kasi dun sa ibang variant ng GBS mula baba pataas (ascending paralysis)-- ito yung karaniwan...

Sana maging ok na father mo... hugs...
whatever.... ;)

prettymom

• the best is yet to come...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • i am a wife and a mom, but i am also my own woman!
    • jingmt.multiply
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 11:54:53 AM »
sis cookerbel ask ko lang sana kung may previous flu shots ba ang daddy mo then recently nagkaroon ng reaction or it's his 1st time to have it? thanks sis and i really hope your dad will get better soon:)
2025 is when we expect to experience WATER SHORTAGE...how young will our children then be? ACT NOW! PLS. TAKE CARE OUR EARTH, WE ONLY HAVE 1!

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.