Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 23 OCT 14
Accidentally get super glue on your skin while finishing a home project? Soak it in acetone and wash with soap afterward.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Big school for Grade 1: Miriam College or Assumption Antipolo?  (Read 13333 times)

tinmuning

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Housekeeping For Dummies
Re: Big school for Grade 1: Miriam College or Assumption Antipolo?
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 09:25:00 AM »
^^based from a friend who's considering both schools for her nursery-aged daughter, mas mura ang AA compared to MC.

AA is around 65K++ for grade one, MC is around 85++
Recipes. DIY itineraries. Tips for Moms. at:
http://housekeepingfordummies.blogspot.com/

funky f

• Chasing stars. Counting stars.
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Alta Moda Blue
    • Alta Moda Blue
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 10:06:05 AM »
laki din ng diff!
http://ivebeencountingstars.wordpress.com/

Journal of a future big time entrepreneur!

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 10:18:17 PM »
I studied in Miriam College and their tuition is really quite expensive. MC is a non-profit organization so the fees go around in cycle. Also, part of the tuition is used to subsidize the Miriam Adult Education.

I'm looking at Assumption Antipolo and PAREF Rosehill for Zoe. I like Miriam too, being that i came from that school, but it's quite far for us, plus traffic's really bad in that area. That goes the same for Poveda, which is the top school in my list sana.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

tinmuning

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Housekeeping For Dummies
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2012, 08:59:12 AM »
My case is baligtad naman. AA is quite far from us which is the biggest factor why we had to tell them to give my daughter's slot to others.

Another factor which made me favor MC than AA is that Grade One in AA is whole day (7:15am to 3:25pm, earlier during club days) while half day lang in MC. I think going to a big school then staying there for the whole day is too much of an adjustment for my daughter.
Recipes. DIY itineraries. Tips for Moms. at:
http://housekeepingfordummies.blogspot.com/

funky f

• Super GirlTalker
  • Alta Moda Blue
    • Alta Moda Blue
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2012, 03:27:53 PM »
sorry if OT pero how about san beda taytay?

coffeeflava

• GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2012, 02:30:43 PM »
Just have a question, grade 1 in MC is half day.. which level magiging whole day in MC?

smoothie

• Mom @ work
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2012, 02:47:26 PM »
^grade 3 sis.

coffeeflava

• GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2012, 08:35:32 AM »
Ok noted sis thank u for answering. :)

Just one to share and ask for advice. My daughter passed both AA and MC for kinder next year. Both are accessible from my house. I like AA's "homey/friendly" culture when I was there. The kids were all smiles to me and my daughter and even greeted us (even w/o their teachers) when we met them in hallways. Plus, their 65k tuition fee is a plus for me though im willing to pay "extra" for a good school.

However, what i like about MC naman is their singapore math curriculum which i think AC Antipolo  has not adopted yet. I think most schools are shifting to this curriculum kasi. Plus, like ko din na half day lang ang kids til Grade 2.

Given this, ok lang ba na kinder muna daughter ko sa AC then by Grade 1, il take her to MC? Or better na MC na lang siya para di na siya magadjust sa Grade 1? Need advice mga sis.

Thank u in advance.

diamondqueen

• Probationary
  • A loving mom and a Business Coach :)
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2014, 08:25:56 PM »
Hi Sissies! I'm a newbie here. I'm from Davao City and we're going to transfer in Manila (Taguig City). Ask ko sana mga sis if how much ang tuition ng Grade 1 sa Assumption College of San Lorenzo? And anong klase ang entrance exam nila and interview? TIA! :)

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2014, 01:56:32 PM »
We had my daughter's school party yesterday and had the chance to speak with her school directress. She asked us if we are already planning to move Zoe to a big school next year. Originally, yan naman talaga plan namin cus we wanted her to be able to adjust to a traditional school setting before mag-grade 1. However, we decided not to muna since I heard from friends whose kids go to AA na everyday daw may homework, mejo lupaypay na yung kids pag-uwi etc. So I said, I'll let our daughter stay muna for another year in her current preschool which she loves so much.

Her school directress is sort of encouraging us to move Zoe to AA na next year mostly because they've been getting feedback that kids are finding it difficult to adjust to AA's current curriculum. Since in transition ang AA to K-12 this year, walang grade 2. Ang inaaral daw ng Kindergarten 3 students are similar to what grades 2-3 kids are studying. This was also affirmed by one of my friends whose daughter is currently in K3 at AA. Minsan daw naiiyak na yung daughter nya with the daily assignments and it breaks her heart to see na nahihirapan anak nya. They study things like cross addition, less than greather than, estimation, etc. With this feedback, mas lalong ayoko na muna ilipat daughter ko next year. I want her to enjoy her preschool years muna before she goes on to more serious school life. Her teachers say na they believe my daughter is emotionally ready but that's not what concerns me now talaga.

I was told din naman na by next year, AA will most probably revert to the normal curriculum. Challenging lang this year because of the transition. With that, I'm having my daughter stay with her current school for another year muna before we move her to AA. I hope by then things are more streamlined na since AA is also getting bombarded by complaints from parents.

CatxRin

• GirlTalker
  • Life is short :)
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2014, 01:36:33 PM »
Hello mga sis, ang assumption antipolo ba, until HS?

Gusto kasi ng pinsan ko ilipat ang daughter niya sa Assumption, o San beda Taytay, kaso more on sa AA siya kasi para daw all girls.

"why do you wanna marry me?"
"so that I could kiss you anytime I want"

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2014, 02:05:35 PM »
^Yes. Preschool to Highschool

SnowBall

• Love my Stars!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • yebah!
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2014, 07:23:06 PM »
^ sis twelvth_goddess, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts about AA, very informative ang posts mo.

balak ko kasi ilipat ang anak ko sa AA, she's grade 3 now, pero next pasukan, gusto kong ilipat nga sa AA.

Naku, everyday may homework? Lagot ako nito lol.

Tapos masyado bang advance? And how about ang student-teacher ratio sis may balita ka?

TIA sis :)
POV lang, Walang Personalan ;)

"Don't get down in the mud with the pigs. You will both get dirty and the pigs will love it."

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2014, 07:31:42 PM »
^You're welcome, sis Snowball. In preschool daw, 1 teacher to 25 pupils. Sa gradeschool, 1 is to 40. I remember back in my days, ganon talaga ang size ng classes but with such an advanced curriculum, parang hinde kakayanin.

If your daughter is in 3rd grade now, I think mejo safe na lipat na sya next year. Ang pinaka affected kase ng transition are the lower grades since walang grade 2 this year. Yung grades 1 and 3 daw are required to go through summer classes  :(

Regarding homework, trademark na talaga ng traditional schools ang sangkatutak na homeworks. Although I didn't get to ask if pati Fridays meron din ba kase from what I've learned before, diba pinagbawal ng DECS ang homeworks pag weekends since kids don't get to enjoy their 2-day rest anymore. In progressive schools like Poveda, weekly lang yata homeworks.

I'm really hoping that AA gets to streamline their transition to K-12 by next year. As much as I love AA, I wouldn't want my daughter to get burnt out. Nahirapan na nga ko to come to terms with an almost whole day class as early as grade 1. I think unanimous naman din yung feedback na nakuha ko from my daughter's teachers, school directress, and my friends who all said na this year lang daw talaga ang challenging. My friends whose kids go there just tell their kids that they just need to survive this year. Mejo off lang kase it's something i wouldnt want to tell my daughter dahil baka ma-associate nya ang school with suffering :P

funky f

• Super GirlTalker
  • Alta Moda Blue
    • Alta Moda Blue
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2014, 11:14:45 PM »
When we inquired last March in AA for my 6 yo daughter (incoming grade 1 then), they said na 7am til 4 or 4:30 nga raw grade 1 due to the transition (can't recall if everyday). Naawa ako sa daughter ko coz super aga na nga gising (5am) Tapos late pa Ang Uwi tapos homeworks pa. In the end, we decided to enrol her in SPCP :)

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2014, 12:32:16 AM »
^Yup that's their daily sched. Kaya I was so surprised. Sabe ng husband ko, ano ba inaaral ng grade 1 ngayon, calculus?? Although I've heard from other moms na madame na din schools ngayon talaga ang whole day na beginning grade 1.

coffeeflava

• GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2014, 08:10:05 AM »
Hi mga sis, im a Grade 1 parent at AA. And tama mga feedback here, nasa transition sila in K-12 implementation. I just transferred this year and i think sis twelvth_goddess decision to have her daughter study Kinder first in her current preschool is a good decision. Thats what I did. I let my daughter enjoy her pre-school years muna before going to a traditional big school like AA. In terms of emotional stability ready na talaga daughter ko. In terms of academics, ganun din since coming from a progressive school (with all humility) my daughter is a bit advanced for her age. Nagka problem lang ako sa Filipino and Araling Panlipunan during the 1st Qtr. But now, my daughter has adjusted already.

Anyways, yes, there were a lot of mommies in my level who got concerned (and sometimes stressed) bec of the transition. During 1st qtr, ang dami talagang assignments. But the good thing is AA listened to the concerns of the parents. Honestly, this 2nd Qtr, sobrang konti ng homeworks. We're just surprised na mid-quarters na pala. So konti-konti we're getting back on track. And now, talking to the other mommies, they are more happy and confident with their daughter's adjustment to the transition :)

By the way, concern ko din before yun whole day class. Their classes are from 7:15-3:05 except on Thursdays which is til 2:50pm lang. Pero ok lang naman because hindi puro academics yun. They have art, PE and club meetings plus every Tues and Thursdays they have study period during their last period. :)

SnowBall

• Love my Stars!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • yebah!
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2014, 08:55:08 AM »
Thanks Mommies sa pag share about AA, sana maging okay ang process ng application namin, para mailipat ko na dun ang anak ko, and dun na siya maka graduate ng HS.

POV lang, Walang Personalan ;)

"Don't get down in the mud with the pigs. You will both get dirty and the pigs will love it."

twelvth_goddess

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2014, 02:31:45 PM »
Thanks Coffeeflava for your inputs. It's actually reassuring :)

coffeeflava

• GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2014, 04:32:36 PM »
Ur welcome! See you in 2016! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.