Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 28 AUG 14
Traveling abroad? Ditch the heels and bring comfy shoes.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: St. Lukes Medical Center  (Read 111452 times)

Faithfaith

• Happy moments PRAISE GOD, Difficult moments SEEK GOD, Quiet moments WORSHIP GOD, Painful moments TRUST GOD, Every moment THANK GOD!
  • GirlTalker
  • Thank's God for trusting me again....
Re: St. Lukes Medical Center
« Reply #440 on: August 24, 2012, 03:25:18 PM »
OKay na ang 140k kung 2 days ka nglabor and hrpu :) And I was told [textspeak!] 2 bed na room daw madalas ikaw lang magisa? Kasi hindi naman daw madalas mapuno and unuubos muna nila [textspeak!] rooms , like the spread out the patients bago nila pagsama samahin pag madami talaga :) May kasama ka ba sa room?
.  Wala sis.. Ako lang.. Ayoko kasi if ever may kasama.. Pero Di na ko nag pa hrpu.. 6am then b4 10am dinala na Naman ako sa delivery room.. 7cm na kasi ko that time.. Yun Lang biglang ikot baby ko.. Kaya na cs ako... Hehe! :)

mamichula

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #441 on: August 24, 2012, 11:12:37 PM »
eeeee umiikot pa pala ang baby kahit manganganak na kala ko after the 36th week un na tlg pwesto nya  :(

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #442 on: August 25, 2012, 04:44:02 PM »
yung friend ko nanganak recently sa st lukes qc. normal and regular private room, 112thou bill nila for 3days

hailey06

• blessed and thankful!
« Reply #443 on: August 29, 2012, 03:25:28 PM »
I'm only 8 weeks pregnant with my second child but I'm already checking out hospital rates.  I'm torn between TMC and St. Luke's QC.  My sister just gave birth in St. Luke's last May and her bill went up to 165K.  NSD, private room but her son was left there for a week due to blood infection.  I'll possibly have to undergo CS again so I'm afraid my bill may also go up to this much.  Last time I gave birth in UST, my daughter was also left for a week and I stayed in a private room but our bill was only 100K.  Has anyone given birth thru CS in St. Luke's whose bill didn't go way beyond 100K?

tina_2012

• Probationary
« Reply #444 on: August 29, 2012, 05:25:45 PM »
Hi mga sis.. Happy talaga ako na 98k lang naging total bill ko.. Last June then 4 days ako via CS din sa SLMCQC Prof ng OB ko with anesth. 49k. Sobrang baba at discounted bigay ng OB ko.. I love my OB talaga.. Kya sa 2nd baby ko.. Sa kanya pa din ako.. :)

hi sis, did u avail the we care package? i think sobrang ok na yung total bill mo considering na CS ka. who's your OB btw? Sis, baka naman pwede mo mshare yung hospital breakdown. hopefully normal lang ako, on my 30 wks by tom na.. thanks!  :)

karylle_marie

• Probationary
« Reply #445 on: September 06, 2012, 05:46:22 PM »
I gave birth last Sept 3 in SLMC Global City. I availed We care package, Semi-private, for uncomplicated repeat CS under Dra. Angela Aguilar. Upon admission you will pay 98k. Discharged today and here is the bill for 4 days stay:

additional 5k for lab tests, materials, drugs not covered by package.
less 11.4k for Philhealth claims of Mother.
Philhealth claim of baby as dependent can be claimed within 30 days upon birth certificate submission.
net hospital bill is 91.6k

I love my OB. She's very practical and caring! In fact, hubby was able to cut cord and witness the operation. While other OB will tell you to get Regular rooms, she will encourage you to get the package if your pregnancy is uncomplicated.

twilight

• Senior GirlTalker
    • http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php?PHPSESSID=63804mc1ucbpcqeoj442eo7n54&/topic,124583.0.html
« Reply #446 on: September 09, 2012, 11:23:44 AM »
Hi sis twilight, sorry late reply..super busy kc pag alaga kay baby. Gave birth last Aug 6 sa Slgc din via NSD. Btw, 40k ang binayaran [textspeak!] pf kay Dok Azada. First baby mo ba? If hinde you can avail We care package mas mura. Nsa 100k din kc bill [textspeak!] kc first baby ko saka under ako high risk pregnancy kaya d ako cover ng package.

Thanks sis! Ilang days ka sa hospital?:) anong room type
Pala yun? Hindi ako pede we care first baby kasi

marjing0416

• Probationary
« Reply #447 on: September 14, 2012, 08:08:45 PM »
hello sa mga expectant mothers na tulad ko! im just new here. my OB is dra judy ann uy-de luna, anybody here who's under her care? if meron, magkano pf nya sa complicated CS? high risk for pre-eclampsia kc ako and meron pa akong controlled GDM. so hndi ko alam kung mkaka-avail ba ako ng maternity package. I'm on my 30th week now and hoping for a full term despite the complications that i have.

fab_mom03

• GirlTalker
  • Mom of two angels, one on earth and one in heaven.
« Reply #448 on: September 16, 2012, 11:12:50 AM »
Hi to all sisses, newbie here! nice to meet you all  :) I am currently 9wks preggy with my 3rd child, and as early as now Im doing my research on SLMC global. My OB is dr. Guinto and she delivered my 2nd baby last year via CS at Madocs. My first choice was St. Lukes but we opted for Madocs since we are  already aware that our baby would have a complicated birth due to congenital anomaly. We spent 120k for the childbirth alone. Dr. G quoted me 180k for CS at SLMCG and that was last year, 2011.

Would any of you know if the prices/fees have increased? And can I avail of the WeCare package with Dr. Guinto? Thanks in advance! :)
An angel in the Book of Life wrote down our baby's birth.. and whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth"..

Little Peanut on the way! (our Rainbow Baby)
EDD 04/15/2013

mamichula

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #449 on: September 17, 2012, 01:05:04 AM »
^Hi sis! Parang medjo mataas ang 180k for CS sa SLMC Global. Normally kasi ang nakikita ko na CS sa global upto 140k lang. Unless with complications ba tong 180k?

Ang quote kasi sakin ng OB ko for CS , private room in SLMC global, mga 126-130k lang.

fab_mom03

• GirlTalker
  • Mom of two angels, one on earth and one in heaven.
« Reply #450 on: September 18, 2012, 07:28:54 AM »
^hi sis! :) i think complicated cs yung 180k and she also gave a rough estimate pa of possible NICU fees for my baby, accdg to her i might spend half a million sa NICU ng slmcg. thats why we chose Madocs.

Sino OB mo sis and when are you due? Dr.g's pf was 50k sa Madocs pa lang. haay.. Anyway, have u thought about getting the wecare package?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:02:24 PM by fab_mom03 »
An angel in the Book of Life wrote down our baby's birth.. and whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth"..

Little Peanut on the way! (our Rainbow Baby)
EDD 04/15/2013

hailey06

• blessed and thankful!
« Reply #451 on: September 18, 2012, 03:43:39 PM »
hello sa mga expectant mothers na tulad ko! im just new here. my OB is dra judy ann uy-de luna, anybody here who's under her care? if meron, magkano pf nya sa complicated CS? high risk for pre-eclampsia kc ako and meron pa akong controlled GDM. so hndi ko alam kung mkaka-avail ba ako ng maternity package. I'm on my 30th week now and hoping for a full term despite the complications that i have.
Hi, sis! Expectant mothers with pregnancy induced hypertension or pre-eclampsia is not eligible for the WeCare package.  I had pre-eclampsia during my first pregnancy.  I gave birth full term naman, CS nga lang kase aside from the hypertension, breech pa yung daughter ko.  My baby was very small when she came out (less than 2kgs) because of the pre-eclampsia, but she was healthy.  Although during our stay at the hospital, she developed a blood infection so she had to stay at the hospital for a week.  She never caught up with the weight of the other kids her age but she was never sickly so we're still thankful. Our hospital bill only amounted to around 110K for both me and my daughter (even with her staying for more than a week).  But it was in 2007 and in UST Hospital.  When I checked with my OB in St.Luke's now, uncomplicated CS in semi-private room will cost us less than 100K.  Pretty much the same with the WeCare package.

twilight

• Senior GirlTalker
    • http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php?PHPSESSID=63804mc1ucbpcqeoj442eo7n54&/topic,124583.0.html
« Reply #452 on: September 24, 2012, 10:21:18 PM »
Mga sis ilang companions
Ang allowed sa DR ng SLGC?:)

marjing0416

• Probationary
« Reply #453 on: September 27, 2012, 08:44:45 PM »
Hi, sis! Expectant mothers with pregnancy induced hypertension or pre-eclampsia is not eligible for the WeCare package.  I had pre-eclampsia during my first pregnancy.  I gave birth full term naman, CS nga lang kase aside from the hypertension, breech pa yung daughter ko.  My baby was very small when she came out (less than 2kgs) because of the pre-eclampsia, but she was healthy.  Although during our stay at the hospital, she developed a blood infection so she had to stay at the hospital for a week.  She never caught up with the weight of the other kids her age but she was never sickly so we're still thankful. Our hospital bill only amounted to around 110K for both me and my daughter (even with her staying for more than a week).  But it was in 2007 and in UST Hospital.  When I checked with my OB in St.Luke's now, uncomplicated CS in semi-private room will cost us less than 100K.  Pretty much the same with the WeCare package

Hi sis hailey06! I gave birth yesterday, emergency cs at 32 weeks and my baby only weighs 2lbs 4oz. Fortunately he doesnt need oxygen for he can breath on his own. And nakapupu na rin cia sa loob kaya naka antibiotic cia ngaun but his blood work ups are all fine. Sabi ng pedia nya technically palalakihin nalang cia. They might start feeding him 2morow kc my breastmilk nman na rin ako.hopefully mag gain cia agad ng weight at wlang ibang complications. Im so happy and relieved becoz his APGAR score is 9 which is near perfect score.

Kaymacoy

• GirlTalker
  • I Love my Engineer :)
« Reply #454 on: October 01, 2012, 03:40:04 PM »
Sis marjing0416: How much did u spent all in all? Thank God your baby is fine.
To make yourself happy, pursue your passions & be the best of what you can be.

mamichula

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #455 on: October 04, 2012, 09:30:28 AM »
Gave birth 2 weeks ago here. Emergency CS na cord coil the baby. Spent the whole day in the high risk pregnancy labor room. My OB suggested I get the 2 bed room nalang since solo naman ng patient the rooms most of the time. So we occupied a 2 bed  room for 3 days. (solo namin, I was the only patient there). Spent around 110k lang. Dr. Judith Peralta charged 40k lang for her pf for the emergency CS. Didn't get the package since it's my first baby but she gave me the package rate. I think she talked to the anes din kasi the anes charged mga 12k lang mas mura pa sa usapan namin ng OB.

Baby was sent to the NICU though for phototherapy (2days) so additional 15-17k.  Pero okay lang since ang mura na din ng bill namin for the CS operation.

Awesome awesome experience! My OB is awesome. She came back pa ng madaling araw kahit bumabagyo and there was baha na but usapan namin na hindi nya ako papatagalin mag labor if the baby won't come out I wanted CS na agad para di madoble my bill sa labor room. Ayun she braved the storm para I can give birth na. And my tahi looks nice haha hindi halata, Mas halata pa my stretchmarks LOL She didn't charge me na din for my followup kasi I was a mabait patient daw hehe

Hubby was inside din the labor room. And I think my operation went smoothly naman Wala na the pain after 1 week. on my 8th day i was out and about na as if nothing happened.

To think I was given a 100k quote sa smaller hospital before. 100k daw for a CS section na scheduled. Samantalang I spent around 110 lang in SLMC GC emergency CS pa. Buti nalang I transferred.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:32:44 AM by mamichula »

Kaymacoy

• GirlTalker
  • I Love my Engineer :)
« Reply #456 on: October 04, 2012, 12:20:18 PM »
mamichula: 110k that includes everything na ba, both mommy and baby fees? Ok na yon. And how much naless sa philhealth mo sis? Buti ka pa nakaraos na and be thankful your baby is fine. I'm 36w2d, my OB is Dr. Karen Ty-Torredes, sana makaya ko magnormal kasi petite ako e pero if ever ok narin maCS basta we are both safe ni baby. Meron din ba sila regular labor room sis aside sa HRPU? Dami questions hehe. I'm a first time mom din. TIA
To make yourself happy, pursue your passions & be the best of what you can be.

twilight

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #457 on: October 05, 2012, 12:38:28 AM »
Sis allowed sa SLGC yung husband sa labor room and delivery room? For the 2 bed hosp
Where did your companion stay? May day bed ba? Ty!

mamichula

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #458 on: October 05, 2012, 04:04:19 PM »
@kaymacoy: Yep. 95k for my emergency CS (pf of all the doctors =40k OB, 12k anes, plus hospital charges etc) tapos 10k yung pedia plus 5k ++ yung hospital bills ng baby.

May additional lang ako mga 15k for the 2day phototherapy. Pero kung di sya jaundiced. 110 lang tlg bill ko sa panganganak :)

mamichula

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #459 on: October 05, 2012, 04:51:14 PM »
@twilight: yes allowed sya sa loob ng operating room. CS ako eh. Or labor room din ba tawag dun sorry i was hilo na then haha

Sa bed sya natulog sa kabilang bed haha solo kasi namin the room. Eh diba 2 -bed room yun? Wala namang tao so andun sya nakahilata sa kabilang bed. The nurses didn't mind naman pinapalitan pa din namin the sheets as id patient sya and wala naman extra charge. Parang nga syang may sariling room eh ginagamit pa nya pati table sa kabila. Yung ibang kakilala ko naman nanghiram pa sila ng lazy boy LOLs

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.