Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 24 OCT 14
Do you have blemishes on your face? Try making a paste out of blended pineapple and carrot. Apply it to your face for 15 minutes, then
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Have you ever initiated a reconciliation with an ex-lover?  (Read 6084 times)

broken_heart

• i am nothing but a
  • GirlTalker
Have you ever initiated a reconciliation with an ex-lover?
« on: August 10, 2011, 04:38:52 PM »
Sinong GTalker dito ang nagtry na mag-initiate ng reconciliation? How did you do it? What happened and was it worth it?

SPILL!!!

17arci

• Inhinyerong Tomasino
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Babebube, boink!
Re: Have you ever initiated a reconciliation with an ex-lover?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 08:17:53 AM »
I have. Around 3 months after our break up. And I was rejected. LOL. So not worth it. :p

iheartkulot

• GirlTalker
    • Doon sa South
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
i did...got rejected as well.
Psalm 118:6 The Lord is with me, I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me.

Bridgette.

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 08:36:52 PM »
Pag ba ikaw ang nakipagbreak, meaning ikaw rin dapat yung mas mag-inititate for reconciliation?
Or it doesnt matter? :)

broken_heart

• i am nothing but a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 03:27:46 PM »
^Wala naman siguro rules yun, basta kung sino gusto makipagrecon as long as willing maginitiate. It doesn't matter who broke up with who.

I did this. He said he need time. REJECTED!!!

At least I tried.

sexy_maldita0089

• Little Miss Programmer and
  • GirlTalker
  • malditang b****
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 03:51:45 PM »
I did. The day after he broke up with me and I was rejected as well. OUCH!!!

iam_miel

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2011, 02:47:59 AM »
Bilangin nio kung ilang times ako nag-initiate ng reconciliation:

Hi..Im Miel & I just turned 30yo last July..This is my break-up story..

My ex & I met thru a TV chatroom Mar. 2010..He's 7yrs younger, pure chinese & frm a well-to-do fam..We got steady after dating for a month & Ive nvr bin happier my whole lyf (or so I thought)..On our 3rd month, I accidentally found out that he got his ex pregnant..It was the saddest day of my life bcoz all the wyl I thot I found my soulmate, he was all I evr wanted in a guy despite the age gap..So I broke up wit him & got drunk every night just to ease the pain..But a week later, we got back 2geder & he explained everythng: that his ex tricked him into getting her pregnant & was blackmailing him into the whole pregnancy thing, told me that his ex was threatening to tell his family abt her situation if he wont follow her demands: that he cant have a filipino gf, that he needs to send her money, etc..My ex was worried bcoz he cant let his family know abt it since he's actually having issues wit them for a long time, said he didnt feel like he's a part of his fam, that he's treated like a puppet..We were able to keep our relationship a secret , though, for a month but his ex found out abt us & threatened him again..She said she wud tell his fam if he wont break up wit me & so he did but bcoz we really love each oder it only lasted a day (because I texted him that I wont allow him to just give up on us because of his ex..So this was the 1st)..We agreed to be more careful & I made a huge adjustment..I became the martyr gf who wud remind him to deposit money for the gurl on mondays, i even offered to go wit him to buy baby stuff, I wud allow him to talk to her on his phone wyl we're together (evn on dates), I wont text him everytime the gurl visits him at the shop (family business), & on Saturdays they wud hav dinner & he wud buy her groceries..I love my ex that time & since I ddnt hav a choice, I endured the hurt I was experiencing..October, we found out that his ex had plans of telling everyone abt the baby once she gives birth..My ex decided to cut all ties wit her: communication & support..Aside from that he couldnt take his family any longer so he left & came to live wit me..For 3 months I tried to fix the problem my ex left behind: his family issues, his pregnant ex gf, all issues in his life..I became his lawyer, his bestfriend, I wud give him moral support, boost his morale & made him believe in himself again..But when all his problems were over & he returned to his family, that's when we started falling apart..He ddnt have time for me anymore, wud always hav an excuse not to see me, he became a stranger..It was 4 days before our 1st anniv when I got fed up & broke up wit him..20 days later we talked & got back together (beacause I begged him..2nd time) but it was totally different..Its like he was no longer the same person bcoz he wud hurt me so bad emotionally I can feel my heart getting ripped to shreds..I decided to break up wit him again after a month & did it thru text..I let all my emotions out, the hurt, my sentiments..I wanted him to know how deeply hurt I was wit what he did..5 days after, we got back together again & it only lasted for 2 months..5 days after my birthday we decided to break-up but this time for good..But the funny thing was we still love each other & we wud meet ocassionally & we still DO it though we're not in a relationship..I told him that I ddnt want to become his f*ck buddy & said that I wasnt..But that's exactly how I feel wit our situation..When I told him that I wanted to be his gf again (initiated another reconciliation..the 3rd) he said he's confused so I decided to let go..There were so many times that we would both say we wont bother each other anymore but we would take it all back..I decided to let go for good last Tues but he texted me that he wanted to see me this Friday..what should I do? I know how weak I am & I know that my defenses will come flying out the window once I see him again..Why do u think he wants to see me still? Do U thinks he still loves me but he's just confused? Pls help me..Im really lost
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 12:23:56 AM by iam_miel »
"Never ever settle for MEDIOCRITY when you know you deserve BETTER!" Back off, LOSERS!

meisaia

• Fastidious and Sarcastic
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm elastic.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 03:58:50 PM »
i did. i always do lalo na pag di ako nakipagbreak up. hindi ako nahihiya. mas okay saking magmukhang t**** kesa naman magsisi sa huli tapos maisip ko na "sayang sana pala gumawa ako ng paraan"

yung first time hindi successful. linya ko pa nun, "hindi ba pwedeng balik na lang tayo sa dati? magbabago ako para sa yo." he said no. wahahaha

the second time was so successful. i just said, "hindi na ba babalik yung pagmamahal mo sakin noon?" he said hindi nawawala yun. tapos ayun. kami pa rin hanggang ngayon. hahaha
"Love is all a matter of timing. It's no good meeting the right person too soon or too late."

sexy_maldita0089

• Little Miss Programmer and
  • GirlTalker
  • malditang b****
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 05:09:31 PM »
hehe.. atleast kayo pa rin  ;)

lovely_chic

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2011, 05:12:19 PM »
I just did and it's a relief for me.. Kahit sino pa ang may kasalanan. I can't move on if alam ko may galit pa siya sa akin.

lunast

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 09:22:25 PM »
ako din. but it was a dumb idea.. it was worst the 2nd time around. nag-uusap pa rin kasi noon siguro even after 3 months na nagbreak kami.. so one time sabi ko, "ano kaya ang nagawa nating mali at ndi [textspeak!] nag-work out?" then sabi niya, "ewan ko. confused lang talaga kasi ako noon." then i said, " i wonder if it will be different the 2nd time?" he said, "i honestly don't know.." that conversation must have made him think bec after a few days, he asked me if i wanted to try dating him again.

eh medyo in love pa ako sa kanya nun so i did.. i'd forgotten what it was that i hated about him. pero nung 2nd time na naming magdate (i dated him for another 3 mo) na-magnify yung mga bagay na ndi ko nagustuhan sa kanya. how he always think he was better than everybody else, yung pagka-selfish niya, yung kayabangan, yung hindi niya pag-prioritize sa akin.. then i realized that he never really loved me at all. so i finally gave up, after namin mag-away one time dahil nakalimutan niya yung date namin, he and i had another talk... and i told him na i know there was nothing wrong with me.. siya ang may malaking problema kung ndi niya ako kayang mahalin. dun ko narealize na he never really deserved me. ang taas pala ng self-esteem ko, ndi niya nakuhang warakin.

so may natutunan din ako..  ;D
I <3 <3 <3 my pug and chihuahua!

baliwsayo

• love love love
  • Super GirlTalker
  • The best camera is the one that's with you ;-)
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 09:50:30 AM »
Ako. With my ex and my current. Okey naman.. they've always took me back naman.  ;)

How? Text ko lang ng, "I miss you".. tapos reply naman, "I miss you too". Kay ex nga may time pa na nagkita lang kami ulit, nag-videoke at uminom.. nag-kiss kami and nag-quickie  ;D.. then after that, si ex pa nag-confirm kung kami na daw ba ulit. Parang ewan lang. Natawa talaga ako nun.  ;D
Cause I'm happy...

hedonista

• mastering law of attraction
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • extremely grateful. thank you thank you thank you
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 10:20:09 AM »
^ lol, same tayo sis. hubby broke up with me last year. 3 weeks nakipagkita sya nakainom na. tinanong kung asan ako. we met. hindi maiwasan eh hindi lang kami quickie, nag 12 hours pa kami first time sa motmot kasi live in kami, we discovered motmot. lol after that sya nagsabi na kami na ulit. haha!

pero first few days after the break up i initiated the reconciliation several times. text tawag facebook na inunfriend pa ko. lol - dedma sya. i even went to his house talked to his mom while crying - kadire. natatawa ko pag naalala ko tapos rejected ako. umuwi ako luhaan. pero nagshopping ako nagpabongga. no communication for 3 weeks and first paragraph happened. He's now my husband. :)
Nothing can come into your experience unless you summon it through persistent thoughts.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 04:04:25 PM »
Remain friends, kahit hindi close - basta friends kasi MManila is such a small place -- you will meet again

But to reconcile as lovers again, siguro hwag na.

broken_heart

• i am nothing but a
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 01:52:24 PM »
its been 2 months since we got back together...i initiated it I guess...hindi kasi ako maka get over, text and call pa rin ako kahit nung break na kami..we go out and have dinner or lunch the whole duration of separation...kaya after 2 months, we decided to start over and so far, its working out fine and wala pa naman pinagsisisihan.

simplecathy143

• i am a PERFECTLY IMPERFECT :)
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 02:17:49 PM »
saken si boyfie lagi nakikipagbalikan eh.. haha..

before grabe yung situation namen before, konting away break agad tapos after one week na walang communication pupuntahan nia ko para makipagreconcile.. grabe halos half year ata kaming ganun gang mapagod na ko at hindi na ulet nakipagbalikan..

then ayun after 3 years nagkita ulet kami.. ayun kamustahan at napag usapan yung about samen kung pwede daw ba kameng mag simula ulet.. i gave him a chance nanligaw siya ulet.. dahil nakita ko naman yung effort nia sinagot ko ulet sya at sa ngayon masaya na kame.. better and stronger na  ;D
some people believe that first love never dies,
but for me, my first love died when i met you ♥

sxymnky

• Senior GirlTalker
  • If I could, I would. Trust me.
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
Sa ngalan ng katangahan OO lol :Dbut that was before kalurkey  ;D
The monkey never complains that he has no comb :P

Somebody must take a chance. The monkeys who became men, and the monkeys  who didn't are still jumping around in trees making faces at the monkeys  who did. :D

fides00

• not your ordinary
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Bullsh*t intolerant
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 02:35:04 PM »
reconciliation...to restore harmony and friendship siguro. pero to restore the relationship? nevermind na lang. :)

5+ years kami ng ex ko. ilang beses kami on and off. ngayon ndi ko na talaga naiisip na makipagbalikan. although good friends kami. best friends pa nga. kaso pag breakup diba ibig sabihin the relationship's broken. naiisip ko ngayon, hindi lahat ng bagay dapat i-repair. ok lang yung isang beses mag reconcile, pero kung paulit-ulit...wag na lang. lalo na kung ndi naman na-aaddress yung issues niyo. kasi pwede ka namang magkaroon ng bago. nakaka-exhaust if you're always trying to put everything together over and over again.

as i matured, i realized how i should value my sanity and well-being more. mas madali naman kasing makipagbalikan. andun na kasi yung familiarity and comfort. it takes real strength to break it off and let it stay that way. sa kaso ko, sinikap ko talagang magkaroon ng lakas na iwanan yung bagay na nag-dradrain sa akin. i know a relationship takes work pero nakakaligtaan ko na yung ibang aspeto ng buhay ko sa kakaasam kong maayos yung relationship namin ng ex ko.

don't get me wrong. i was really happy with him. click kami. sabi niya nga sa akin, wala pa ring makapantay sa akin at sa relationship namin. that's one of the reasons kung bakit ko siya iniwan. para ma-realize niya kung anong meron siya. i was his first gf kasi. so feeling ko lagi siyang curious kung pano ba sa ibang babae. mind you, ndi ako nagkulang dun. sobrang boto nga sa akin mom niya. pati friends namin. pero ndi ko talaga kaya yung pambababae niya. lalo pa't napaka-tino ko naman. i had to leave. para rin sa dangal at prinsipyo ko. ndi naman ako pinalaki ng magulang ko para loko-lokohin ng ganun.

i believed he loved me. but he had issues and i wasn't willing to get stringed along while he tried to figure out what he wanted to do with his life. bata pa naman kami. nag decide kaming mag focus muna sa mga sarili namin. lalo na ko. medyo nabuhos ko masyado yung panahon ko sa kanya. no regrets naman. he's thanking me for being the catalyst in improving his character and attitude. pero hindi ko na kaya talaga. kaya ngayon, self-improvement ang pakay ko. reconciliation na rin siguro sa sarili ko kasi ndi ko rin mapatawad sarili ko dati dahil hinahayaan kong ganunin ako ng taong pinakamamahal ko. (yuck ang drama. haha)

basta ayoko na. si Lord na ang bahala. :)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:36:55 PM by fides00 »
Do the things you think you can't do.

People may hate you for being different but deep down they wish they had the courage to do the same.

The first to apologize is the bravest. The first to forgive is the strongest. The first to forget is the happiest.

swedish_berries

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2011, 04:51:26 AM »
nope...hehe
i am what i am today because of the choices i've made yesterday.....

chimei_17

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2011, 08:22:32 AM »
mataas ang pride, so, no :)
I'll love you till the end of time...

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.