Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 21 DEC 14
Going out in the sun? Never underestimate the power of sunscreen! It helps prevent blotchiness, spider veins, and premature wrinkles.
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Cagayan De Oro Thread 3  (Read 55548 times)

gwacie

• also known as Grace the Great
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • daydream believer
Re: Cagayan De Oro Thread 3
« Reply #240 on: February 28, 2012, 09:59:29 PM »
- I'm planning to stay either at Budgetel or King Lawrence Inn. Hindi po ako particular sa accom kasi tutulugan lang naman. Alin po ba ang mas malapit dito sa Agora market?

Budgetel is closer to Agora since it's in Corrales Extension near Gaisano. You can ask a motorela to take you to Agora; fare is currently P7.

(Sept23) Day 2 BUKIDNON

- Possible po ba na mapuntahan ko ang Dahilayan Park at Monastery of Transfiguration sa isang araw lang?

- Would like to try Zipline and Zorb sa Dahilayan

- Mode of Transportation: Habal Habal

- Saan po kaya masarap kumain?

You'd have to leave CDO early, if possible 6:00-6:30 a.m. so that you'd be able to ride the zips ahead of the crowds. You could then try the zorb, ATV, etc. From CDO city proper, it takes about 1-1/2 to 2 hours. I think there's a shuttle from Coffeeworks in Divisoria for P300/head one way. I'm just not sure what day it's on. Try to call (088) 857-2663 local 403/404 or 0922-880-1319 for the sked. If you're able to finish before lunch, there is a restaurant in Dahilayan, but other places that you could eat are the Del Monte Clubhouse or Pinuto's sa Kanto (if you're on a budget) along the highway in San Miguel. From Camp Phillips there is a multicab that goes to San Miguel. The roast beef in either are good. That leaves the afternoon for the Monastery in Malaybalay. I haven't tried commuting from Dahilayan, just from Phillips to San Miguel, nor have I tried habal habal and commuting to the Monastery so maybe someone else can make suggestions.

- May nabasa po ako sa isang blog (solo trip din yung ginawa niya), he rented habal habal para i-tour ang Camiguin for the price of 800php at ito po yung mga pinuntahan nila:

- Clam Nursery
    - Old Volcano Trail
    - White Island
    - Katibawasan Falls
    - Sunken Cemetery

Ok na po ba yung ganitong tour dun sa price nung ride? at saan masarap kumain sa camiguin na madadaanan namin.

I think P800 is ok. When we were there, we rented a motorela for P1500. Try eating in Vjandep. There's also a separate Camiguin thread here in GT.

(Sept25) CDO

- Nabasa ko po sa Kagay na website yung package nila (WWR+Macahambus Zipline and Skybridge) for 1,150 (beginners wwr) and 1,450 (advanced wwr). Ito po sana yung gusto kong iaavail. Nagsisingit po kaya sila sa group? Kasi dun sa iba yata pwede.

- After po, gusto ko sana mag tour around CDO at ito po yung mga gusto kong mapuntahan:

- Museo De Oro
    - Museum of Three Cultures
    - Gaston Park
    - McArthur Marker
    - San Augustin Cathedral

I suggest you call Kagay ahead if they could insert you in the group. The areas close together are MacArthur Marker (near the pier) and Museum of Three Cultures in Capitol University (this is also near Budgetel). Then Museo de Oro (Xavier University), Gaston Park and San Agustin Cathedral are within walking distance from each other. I suggest that between Xavier and Gaston Park, you view the monuments in Divisoria like the Cry of Freedom Monument (sometimes called Bonifacio Monument) and the Rizal Monument. In the Cathedral, check out the stained glass windows. Sometimes they're overlooked. :)
I'll seek a four-leaved shamrock in all thy fairy dells,
And if I find the charmed leaves, oh, how I'll weave my spells!

swim_fatale

• Basta swimmer sweet lover na
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Girls who behave don't make history.
« Reply #241 on: February 29, 2012, 10:41:11 AM »
^Great tips, sis gwacie! Thanks! We'll be in CDO March 28-30. Thinking of CDO-Camiguin or CDO-Bukidnon. Not yet decided.  :)
The grass is always greener on MY side.

naiad

• GirlTalker
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2012, 04:05:14 PM »
^Sis if you have your own ride going to Iligan, then doable siya. although haggard ha, di niyo masyado maenjoy yung mga falls doon.

If commute kayo, then mukhang malabo. kasi sa bus palang, it's going to take you about 1 and a half hours. travel time yun, wala pa yung naghihintay kayo na magbyahe yung bus. so just for the travel, half day na kaagad almost.

Grabe na. ang init dito kanina. tapos pagdating ng 3pm, umulan ng bonggang bongga! lately ganito eh, maulan sa hapon. so better to schedule your activities in the morning! :)

thanks sis! di na kami natuloy sa iligan just cdo city tour and dahilayan.
lagay ko lang review regarding accommodations
We stayed in victoria suites lapit sa divisoria, medyo di maganda yung start ng stay namin kasi we were supposed to stay in 2 rooms on the same floor kaso when we checked in hindi pa ready yung second room tapos malapit na daw maready yung first room. We waited for 10-15 minutes for the first room tapos after waiting for another 15 minutes, asked about the second room, aba sabi ni receptionist one hour pa raw. I insisted na di pwede na we wait for another hour so binigyan nya kami ng another room for another floor. Di naman kami masyadong nahassle, sayang lang waiting time, no one can be expected to wait one hour to check in.
The room itself naman is okay, for the price ok na yung beds and bathroom. Medyo masikip lang mga 1-2 feet lang space between beds and beds/wall. Staff are very friendly. Almost walang phone reception inside the room, lalabas ka pa to receive messages and take calls. Wifi is available pero also had a hard time connecting. Lastly, don't expect much sa free breakfast, medyo konti siya though you can order more for less than 100/meal.
Hindi ito kasama sa accommodations pero mention ko na rin :) May spa (forgot the name) directly across victoria, you can get a one-hour massage for 150, availed their promo for 1 hour whole body and 1 hour back promo for 350. Grabe super sulit! Relaxed na relaxed ka after parang combo ng swedish and thai yung ginawa nila.

Will post a review on my dahilayan stay later.
Super nakatulong tong forum na to in my trip, hope to help others in return.
Thanks sisses! *bow* :)

huit

• Super GirlTalker
  • I want to be a NOMAD
    • Stardust
« Reply #243 on: March 03, 2012, 03:30:11 PM »
La  Montana Tours lang ba at kay Ate Brenda yung touring company sa CDO?
"what if the only thing that makes you survive is the very thing that makes the person you love sad, would you give it up?"

www.roadtripsapinas.blogspot.com

gwacie

• also known as Grace the Great
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • daydream believer
« Reply #244 on: March 03, 2012, 08:16:33 PM »
^ I know of House of Travel, Grandscape and Swift Travel + Tours. Or you could check http://www.philippineairlines.com/contact_us/dom_tkt_agents/mindanao/cagayan_de_oro.jsp or http://www.tourism.gov.ph/Downloadable%20Files/TOUR_OPERATOR.pdf and scroll down to Region X.
I'll seek a four-leaved shamrock in all thy fairy dells,
And if I find the charmed leaves, oh, how I'll weave my spells!

swim_fatale

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #245 on: March 03, 2012, 09:49:37 PM »
^^sis naiad, anong name ng spa? decent naman?

naiad

• GirlTalker
« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2012, 11:58:23 AM »
^^sis naiad, anong name ng spa? decent naman?

decent naman sis, forgot the name talaga parang medyo common for a spa.
very easy to find naman, right across victoria suites :)
may iba pang branches (saw one from the airport to sm) so i think legit spa naman ito.

We were there last November 2011. May nabago ba ngayon sa water rafting nila after Sendong? Ngayon ko lang actually natapos young travel guide na ginagawa ko for CDO and Bukidnon so ngayon ko lang mase share sanyo, hopefully makatulong. Hahaha. Here's a suggested itinerary for a 3D and 2N stay in CDO/Bukidnon. Enjoy! ^_^

sayang sana i saw this itinerary before we went, mukhang namaximize talaga yung time.

add ko na rin my comments for our dahilayan trip

we stayed in dahilayan forest park, got a discount (20% off accommodations) kaya sulit yung place. We got the standard room for a little over 2k. Ang ganda and spacious ng room, having live trees (well tree trunks anyway :)) in the room was a great touch. Walang aircon, overhead fan lang pero di mo naman din talaga kailangan kasi super lamig, we slept with the window open pa nga (may screen naman so no problem with security). Beddings were also okay, dami pa pillows kaya parang ayaw mo na umalis once you get in the bed. Cr okay na okay din (plus na may full length mirror inside the bathroom), only downside is medyo matagal magkick in yung hot water at di siya ganun kainit, yun pa naman yung required talaga since ang lamig talaga ng weather dun.

Walang restaurant around the area so only option is to eat in the resort/park. Budget is around 150~250/meal pero meron din naman sila for sharing na sulit na rin talaga.

We tried the zipline (sa adventure park to pero walking distance lang naman), availed the allzip package. Di ako masyadong naniwala sa "longest zip line" nila na tagline, but when i tried it ang haba pala talaga hehe medyo nabore na nga ako in the middle kasi medyo mabagal takbo ko though ang ganda ng sights kaya ok na rin.
Sa forest park, tried the zorb (wala sila nung may water sa loob, yun lang nakastrap ka sa sides), and minigolf (try nyo to sa hapon kasi super init talaga sa umaga kahit mahangin).

All in all, sulit and super enjoyable ang trip, di na kami nakadaan sa del monte kasi gahol sa oras. If you have the extra time, would really recommend staying overnight. :)

swim_fatale

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #247 on: March 04, 2012, 02:10:34 PM »
^Thanks for this, sis huit!

huit

• Super GirlTalker
  • I want to be a NOMAD
    • Stardust
« Reply #248 on: March 04, 2012, 06:20:59 PM »
^Thanks for this, sis huit!

No prob! pero dinelete ng moderator post ko. bawal yata mag post ng link dito
"what if the only thing that makes you survive is the very thing that makes the person you love sad, would you give it up?"

swim_fatale

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #249 on: March 08, 2012, 02:18:29 PM »
Calling sis katiztic, gwacie, naiad at kun kinsa pa ang taga diha sa CDO:

My friend injured her arm at naka cast sya so biglang change plans kami, we can't do WWR and zipline after all. I'm sooo disappointed pero tutuloy na lang kami para di sayang yung flights. Pa help naman sa IT na within the city lang...hayyy...  March 28 3pm ang arrival namin sa CDO mismo and March 30 4:55PM ang flight namin back to MNL.

TIA!

katiztic

• Stressed but Fab
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #250 on: March 08, 2012, 02:24:14 PM »
^Nooooo!! Sayang naman sis! Can't you go parin tapos dun nalang yung friend niyo sa gilid? hehe salbahe eh no.

Camiguin, you like? Or mag iligan nalang kayo, punta sa falls doon. Dito sa CDO, parang wala naman masyadong pwedeng gawin except to go on a food trip, shop at divisoria at night and go to places like the shrine etc. Ano hilig nyo?
What won't kill me will make me strong.

swim_fatale

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #251 on: March 08, 2012, 02:29:37 PM »
^Mao jud sis ang problema, balahura naman ako if mag WWR at zipline ako while my friend sits and waits. Lisud pud maka book ng package kon ako ra magjoin. :(

Aside fr these places, saan pa kami pwede pumunta?

MacArthur marker
Museum of three cultures
Museo de Oro
Gaston Park
San Agustin Cathedral
Cry of Freedom monument
Rizal Monument

Tinext nga pala kita last week, di ka reply. :(
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:15:49 PM by bestfriendnijerome »

katiztic

• Stressed but Fab
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #252 on: March 08, 2012, 03:27:42 PM »
^Sis wala ako nareceive! Text me again please, icheck ko.

Sis honestly, sa nilista mo na places to go eh hindi pa ako nakapunta! waaah. Feeling ko din hindi naman siya masyadong super fabulous, na tipong mapapa-whoa ka. pero well, okay lang din. kung ako sis, mag DIY ka na solo trip sa camiguin, for more soul searching. o kaya, mag mapawa kayo or malasag. tipong picnic ganun, or may restaurant naman dun.

But if you really really want to join a group for WWR, tell me kay friends ni husband ang uban guides, i can possibly request to squeeze you in. Sa Zipline naman, I have two extra tickets here for zipline and lunch and snacks (kay my cousins availed of the package, but of course me and husband cannot go), I can sell to you at super low price. sayang naman pag punta mo dito if di to ma experience!

Or how about bukidnon sis? Dun sa monks? sa coffee fields?

swim_fatale

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #253 on: March 08, 2012, 04:17:05 PM »
^Ganito na lang sis, dobale kaya ito?

Day 1- March 28 Wed

Limketkai and Divisoria

Day 2 - March 29 Thu

Mapawa zipline/Malasag eco park picnic? (a.m)
laag laag sa city (p.m.)

Day 3 - March 30, Fri.

Bukidnon? (Monastery only)

Or mas ok na sa Day 2 kami mag Bukidnon kasi sa Day 3 among flight is 455pm...

How much mo sell yung tickets sis? Pa PM na lang please. Thanks!

huit

• Super GirlTalker
  • I want to be a NOMAD
    • Stardust
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2012, 10:50:30 PM »
^

sa Day 2 na kayo mag Bukidnon, malayo monastery eh. Bakit ayaw nyo puntahan yung dahilayan park? sayang naman, pati yung del monte plantation at golf club?

swim_fatale

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #255 on: March 09, 2012, 11:24:46 AM »
^Eh kasi sis di rin naman kami makakpag zipline sa Dahilayan coz naka cast nga yung arm ng kasama ko. Yung sa Mapawa try namin kung pwede sya at least hindi yata required dun ang advanced reservation/booking ng package. Pag sa Dahilayan kasi need namin mag join ng ibang group sa package kasi dalawa lang kami...

katiztic

• Stressed but Fab
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #256 on: March 09, 2012, 12:11:36 PM »
^Sis, sa mapawa you can go anytime, pay 50 pesos yata for entrance. pwede kang maligo, may falls dun. dun ako nag maternity photoshoot eh. pakyaw lang ka ug taxi, kasi malayo siya.

tama, sa second day kana mag bukidnon to be sure.

tawagan ko muna zipline adventures, regarding my extra tickets ha. kasi supposedly, may free ride yun. let me know if you still want pa. my tita naman who went with my cousins to zipline, di naman siya nag zipline, tambay lang siya sa restaurant dun. so maybe your friend does not mind doing that? hehe sayang kasi pag punta mo dito hindi masulit.

huit

• Super GirlTalker
  • I want to be a NOMAD
    • Stardust
« Reply #257 on: March 09, 2012, 04:08:48 PM »
^Eh kasi sis di rin naman kami makakpag zipline sa Dahilayan coz naka cast nga yung arm ng kasama ko. Yung sa Mapawa try namin kung pwede sya at least hindi yata required dun ang advanced reservation/booking ng package. Pag sa Dahilayan kasi need namin mag join ng ibang group sa package kasi dalawa lang kami...

How about the Del Monte Plantation? Try niyo rin yung superb steak sa Del Monte Golf and Country Ckub, =)

dimplesgon

• I feel beautiful no matter what they say
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • "Not here to please anybody :-) "
    • www.facebook.com/dimplesgon
« Reply #258 on: March 09, 2012, 05:26:44 PM »
sis bestfriendnijerome, I agree with sis katiztic

Go nyo na yung ziplien, and just let your friend stay and chill muna dun s resto.
Sayang talaga ang opportunity.
So many things to do... So little time

swim_fatale

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #259 on: March 09, 2012, 10:09:49 PM »
Hay eto nga at di ko ma finalize ang IT kasi di ko alam what kind of activities ang keri ng powers nya 3 weeks from now. Kaya naisip ko na mag Mapawa na lang kahit ako lang mag zip or mag swim kami dun or what para lang may magawa naman kami aside from museum amd monumento-hopping, LOL

Yung Bukidnon di pa ko sure kasi kung malayo ang byahe masyado then di naman kami mag zi-zip sa Dahilayan, pointless na rin mag Bukidnon pa.  :(

Unless ok mag Del Monte lang? As in kain lang and pictures, no zipline??? worth it ba yung byahe? Also, baka walang package na tour lang at walang zipline...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:00:56 PM by bestfriendnijerome »

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.