Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 23 APR 14
Research has shown that drinking an ice slushie before exercise can extend runner's endurance--by around 10 minutes, on average.
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: When is the best time to resign?  (Read 4692 times)

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Tumblr Me and I'll Tumblr You
Re: When is the best time to resign?
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2012, 09:00:56 AM »
ask ko lang what if may VL credits pa ako for the year, can i use it to shorten the notice? i'm planning to submit my resignation 45 days before para i can use sana my VLs on my last days.
"Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses." Ecclesiastes 3:1" :)

Mr.Punch

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 09:06:42 AM »
^ I think that's called terminal leave.  Discretion ng company if they'll let you use it, but they're required to compensate you for them if they don't allow you.

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2012, 09:34:04 PM »
^ thank you Mr Punch. how can my company compensate me if they won't allow me to take terminal leave?
"Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses." Ecclesiastes 3:1" :)

Mr.Punch

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 02:37:34 AM »
^ Well, whatever the VL is worth.  Di ba each day of VL corresponds to your daily rate?  So for example, you still have 3 VLs left, and they don't allow you to use those at your last 3 days of employment, then they're required to pay you the equivalent of 3 days work.

swt_fem

• ZION's mom, a happy wife, a Team Manager, and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • ♥ ♥ ♥
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 03:04:22 AM »
If they will not allow you to take terminal leave, they will convert all the unused leaves that you have through your back pay (I'm not sure with your company but that's the policy from where I work)

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 11:17:29 AM »
thanks guys! anyway, how do we compute for backpay? may mare-receive pa ba ako na backpay? i've been with the company for more than three years.

mango_shake

• shadow-kissed
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • carpe diem! :)
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2012, 06:00:38 AM »
it is the best time na magresign na ko.. our branch oic is suspended.. now they're making me do all his job plus my own job.. worse they just informed me the same day the oic was suspended.. duh!!! overworked but underpaid.. galing nila.. laki ng matitipid niya!! abusive!!!
"Good morning! And in case I don't see you:

good afternoon, good evening and good night!"

kiz_me1109

• Super GirlTalker
  • happy_mom_of_aidan
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2012, 10:29:32 PM »
I feel the same way sis. I am also planning to resign but because I have a son nahihirapan ako. Ang problem ko naman kasi is masyadong mapolotika dito sa office. Tapos, ang bagal pa ng increase. Although I am lucky enought naman to get an increase every year unlike sa iba na wala talaga. Kaso sobrang liit talaga. 4 years na ako dito and wala pang 2k ang increase ko for 4 years. =( nanghihinayang lang ako sa benefits na nakukuha ko. Kasi free yung health card ng anak ko and 500k yung health card ko every annual. I am not sure kasi kung ganito din sa ibang company.

In your case naman sis, kung sa tingin mo e sobrang toxic na yung work mo, you can start applying for other jobs and kapag nakuha mo na and alam mo na yung benefits and pay and ok sayo, then pwede ka naman ma immediate leave for sure. Depende narin yun sa alibi mo. =)

airish_2

• Senior GirlTalker
  • i believe everything happens for a reason...
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 10:39:30 AM »
planning to resign na or awol tsktsk.. hay kaya sana ang trabaho kaso ikaw ba naman ang magsolo at pahirapan ang pagrequest ng tao :(
we don't need more laws, we need implementation.

mbeeyap

• Junior GirlTalker
  • ♥ Life is simple, it's just not easy ♥
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 11:54:15 AM »
for me best time to resign is when may enough funds ka to support you for at least 2-3mos (3mos worth of your salary), at may nahanap ka ng pampalit sa work mo.
The purpose of life is a life of purpose.

fibia

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2012, 07:25:07 PM »
Ako naman i think its really  time for me to resign.

I wasnt very agressive in applying to other companies as  I was expecting a promotion but i found out today i didnt get it. I wanted to wait for my promo para sana may mas magandang bargaining power ako bec i plan on resigning already. I hate my team head kasi, sinister sya. Why did i expect i will get promoted? Im in marketing, so performance is really measurable. Numbers game lang yan, yet i did not get promo, super disappointed talaga.

So now i feel its time for me to move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
10 Ways to Wear Shorts in Your 30s
Why should twentysomethings have all the fun?
10 Signs You Need a Diet Makeover
When your body talks, you need to listen.
Be The Fairest of Them All: 5 Ways You Can Get Whiter Underarms
Discover the power of these whitening solutions for yourself!
5 Surprising Facts about Masturbation
There's more to it than the sex toys. No, really.