Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 30 SEP 14
If you’re going on a hike, put your snacks or trail mix in empty plastic bottles (clean sports drink bottles will work). That way, you can
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Home Improvement - Tips on How to Save  (Read 7686 times)

zidane

• Junior GirlTalker
  • ImDis&Dat
Re: Home Improvement - Tips on How to Save
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 04:49:07 PM »
keep on coming mga sis... ng rersearch nadin ako...we'll be starting our house construction come 2014 as early as now reresearch nako...excited... hehe
super single forever..

gorgeous_mommie

• Senior GirlTalker
  • If you're not sure if someone wants to be in your
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 10:18:57 PM »
hi mga sis ano kayang magandang gawin partition sa bedroom ano klaseng kahoy ang pede yung pangmatagalan na at yung hindi naririnig yung salita sa kabilang kwarto? thanks mga sis!
sis try nyo acoustic board. io daw yong sound proof eh...
"Dont get mad when a girl cares too much. Worry when she starts not to care at all"

smalzona

• SuperMommy
  • Probationary
  • SuperMommy
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 04:56:16 PM »
I agree with Sofala. I just had my home improvement and hindi din biro ang nagastos namin. Ang contractor namin is 25k eto mga ginawa nila. kisame, room partition, mga cabinet (closet, kitchen cabinet, hanging cabinet for our LV room and console), yung foundation ng fence (hollow blocks) then sinemento nila yung bakuran. Sobrang binarat ko sila. natatawa nga mga kakilala ko.

Mas ok kung labor lang talaga sa knila at ikaw mismo ang mag ca canvass ng mga materials. Minsan na oover estimate nila kaya much better kung bawasan mo konti ang mga nililista nila na materials. ako naka 10x yata ako nagpadeliver. Pero ok lang kasi free naman ang delivery. Ok lang kulang wag lang sobra dahil kalat lang and mahirap din ibenta afterwards yung mga excess. Mas magastos talaga ang finishing / improvement. Kaya yung iba DIY lang namin like mga pagpintura ng mga cabinets

Sis, i need a carpenter. I would appreciate if you can refer  your carpenter to  us. Our home is at Cerritos Heights, Daan Hari. We have been dealing with contractors and carpenters within the area and they quote us sky high. As in 30k for paint work and this frustrates me n hubby. I hope you can send to me their contact info. Many thank! :)

Dacian

• Don't hope for a miracle. Make one.
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Death is fleeting... Love lasts forever.
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 10:01:25 PM »
acoustic board or egg crate.  gusto ko rin sound proof kasi may tsismosa sa amin.  hahaha.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:14:26 PM by Dacian »
Do some time with the one you love.

Leishrac

• Experience is the best kind of knowledge!
  • Probationary
    • Apartments for rent in the Philippines
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 12:28:04 PM »
acoustic board or egg crate.  gusto ko rin sound proof kasi may tsismosa sa amin.  hahaha.

Magandang option yung paggamit ng sound proof sis  :) Buti na lang samin meron na agad because I lived in a condominium development here in Taguig. 

Dacian

• Don't hope for a miracle. Make one.
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Death is fleeting... Love lasts forever.
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 09:22:19 AM »
@Leishrac
yep.  acoustic board or egg crate if you want sound proof.  kami, house and lot.  more spacious than condo.  although, i also want to have a condo in the future.

good for you, napili mong condo sound proof.  kasi meron daw ibang condo na hindi sound proof.
Do some time with the one you love.

Leishrac

• Experience is the best kind of knowledge!
  • Probationary
    • Apartments for rent in the Philippines
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 09:51:30 AM »
@Dacian
Egg crate I'll to try see on that sis, thanks! Yup, I am very much satisfied with my condo unit here in Taguig besides of its strategic location, it is also being managed and developed by DMCI Homes a premier home builder/developer in our country.   
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 02:27:26 PM by Leishrac »

bluish_mommy

• ako ang bluish na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2012, 08:50:40 PM »
if you have the budget, invest in inverter types of aircon and ref... proven to be cost efficient based on experience

jp_jameop

• major major adik na
  • Super GirlTalker
  • happily married!
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 08:18:56 AM »
^pero sis yung inverter type na aircon eh advisable lang for more than 8 hours of usage daw? yun yung sinabi nung sales nung nagtingin kmi..

God is great! :)

bluish_mommy

• ako ang bluish na
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 02:27:53 PM »
^yes, ganun kasi usage namin eh, naka-on more than 7hours...

Romina

• Olivia's (woof!) mommy
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 01:39:35 PM »
My future father-in-law has his own tile company, and he made me a coffee table made of granite. Heavy, sturdy and oh so elegant. The legs were custom made din, made of bakal/ steel, he designed it and made it for me :D the table is about 3 feet long and it's freakin gorgeous. He also made matching side tables. This is just an idea. Instead of buying new furnitures, you can actually just make your own. Granite costs a lot i know but you can sub naman, like marble maybe
Paleolithic lifestyle :)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.