Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 24 JUL 14
Calm your nerves by eating serotonin-rich foods like whole wheat and oats.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Buying Your First Car  (Read 36965 times)

bratty

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: Buying Your First Car
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2012, 06:18:54 PM »
^thanks for your inputs sis. Kaya undecided pa ako kung saan kukuha ng unit kasi gusto ko muna magresearch at makakuha pa ng ibang ideas on this.
Everyday I'm shufflin'

scents01

• proud momma of 2 and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Livin' it Up!
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2012, 06:42:48 PM »
^you're welcome sis! :)

ako, wait ko lang lumabas uli Mitsubishi Mirage this year, 500k for a sedan, pagipunan ko na downpayment :) sana before the year ends, i get to buy my first car..
Don't settle for less
Don't stop, don't regress
You have greater things inside
You have yet to hit your stride

cinnam

• GirlTalker
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2012, 12:15:33 PM »
Mitsubishi mirage looks promising, I've always wanted jazz pero ang mahal eh.

scents01

• proud momma of 2 and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Livin' it Up!
« Reply #143 on: October 21, 2012, 09:09:19 PM »
^may promo ang mirage ngayon, pay deposit of 10k, get 40k worth of discounts, until end of the month..
Don't settle for less

yezzi

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I M POSSIBLE
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2012, 11:25:02 AM »
^hi sis, sa usual na freebies hindi na pwedeng madagdagan yun? how about car cover, keychain and umbrella?

Approved ang car loan namin sa PS bank for 15% dp this is in Toyota hah? We asked din sa Honda since hubby wants Honda, okay namin naman kame sa PS bank however, 20% ang required dp hindi pa all in. Ganun ba talaga mga sis iba-iba? We're waiting for an update from our dealer (honda) kung may nahanap na silang 15% we might back out kasi kung 20% ang lake ng amount na kailangan and may iba ba kasi kameng pagkakagastusan :-X
love & get hurt, get hurt & learn, learn and love again :)

scents01

• proud momma of 2 and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Livin' it Up!
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2012, 08:38:41 PM »
^sis, i cannot speak for other dealers ha, but with mitsubishi, ang standard freebies are tint, floormat, and seat cover, plus leather manual cover and keychain, and umbrella..minsan may free early warning device, plate cover, lto, insurance, chattel mortgage, depends sa kotse, ahente, terms, etc..

mababa yung 15% dp ha, usual 20% talaga..although may special cases na lower than 20% dp, hindi ko lang sure kung anong criteria ng banks on that..
Don't settle for less

yezzi

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I M POSSIBLE
« Reply #146 on: October 22, 2012, 10:25:19 PM »
^thank you sa info, the car that we want is more than a mil kaya malaking effect if ever na 20% siya  ???! sis, in terms of in house financing vs bank mas sino mas mababa?

scents01

• proud momma of 2 and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Livin' it Up!
« Reply #147 on: October 22, 2012, 11:49:03 PM »
^go forbanks sis..may nasilip ako na amount financed is 500k and the interest was over 200k, payable in 5years  :o pero syempre iba iba ang rate ng in house financing but at least you get a snippet of the picture  :) mas mabilis lang approval pag in house, medyo lenient sila with some of the requirements and CI, and flexible with terms but as you mentioned, approved na bank car loan nyo, mas practical, long term speaking..
Don't settle for less

CityHunter

• Non Timebo Mala
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Angel Oracle, Feng Shui and Reiki Master
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2012, 07:41:50 AM »
Always consider first and most yun crash safety test results then fuel efficiency and comfort when weighing choices sa price range na afford mo.  And be very very wary when dealing with second-hand as some tend to be experts in masking problems.  Best to have a good check ng undersides pati na nook and crannies to see anong mga possible problems.

For me I'd still stick to old school then upgrade it when budget allows.  Sali lang kayo sa good car club that way you get good mechanics na okay sa trabaho at price and may feedback ka from fellow members testifying on this.
Good Work Ain't Cheap.  Cheap Work Ain't Good.

wax_80

• GirlTalker
« Reply #149 on: November 01, 2012, 01:38:25 PM »
Bought my first car yesterday! A second hand ford focus hatchback 2008 model. So far okay naman :) I'm still practicing parking :) so much easier driving an automatic :)

immy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #150 on: November 03, 2012, 12:15:41 PM »
Hi sisses!

Pa join! I've been a "silent reader" for many months now and obviously this is my first post! :) I got married exactly two weeks ago and we've been fixing our finances. Hubby and I want to get a car loan early next year but after computing our budget, mukhang kakapusin kami since we are also planning to have a baby na. (I'm already 28). But with our monthly income, d kaya isabay ang baby and car loan. The main reason why we're planning to get a car eh para talaga sa baby. I'm very frustrated mga sis. Ang hirap mag commute na buntis dito sa Manila and kawawa rin magiging baby namin if ilalabas namin tapos magccommute lang kami. Any suggestios?

TIA! :)
♥a wife and a mom♥

yezzi

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I M POSSIBLE
« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2012, 02:20:24 PM »
@scents01 thanks for the advise. Had ours last week lang and im happy as I can be ;D

@immy: first to budget your finances sis, believe me ang laking gastos magkababy lalo na paglabas ni baby, ask your self "kaya ba namin sabay ang gastos? sa baby at sa car?" Sure! makakaipon kayo say....9 months? along with that kailangan pag ipunan ang pangangak. I for my self experienced to have my babies (yes babies) commuted and It's so hard lalo na pag toddler but I survived and my friends survived. Sayang naman ang loan sa car of ever hindi mababayaran right? Kung hindi talaga kaya you have to give way sa isa. And oh! just to give you an idea may car loan for second hand car you might wanna check it, I think mga 8-12k MA. At kung car din pala you worry about the monthly payment, settle for 2nd hand then pay it as cash, wala ng MA :)

leelou

• Senior GirlTalker
  • fifth element
« Reply #152 on: November 04, 2012, 03:37:15 PM »
^go forbanks sis..may nasilip ako na amount financed is 500k and the interest was over 200k, payable in 5years  :o pero syempre iba iba ang rate ng in house financing but at least you get a snippet of the picture  :) mas mabilis lang approval pag in house, medyo lenient sila with some of the requirements and CI, and flexible with terms but as you mentioned, approved na bank car loan nyo, mas practical, long term speaking..

heto nga din napansin ko. usually sa mga in house financing, ang daming freebies pero malaki yun interest therefore malaki rin lumalabas monthly amortization. pag nag-compute, mas mababa pa rin total expenses pag banks. tama ba observation ko mga sis?  :)

2 years ago, i bought my first car (co with hubby) thru BPI Family auto loan. tas freebies from the car dealer are 3 years LTO registration, seat cover, mats, tools which are i think usual freebies talaga. this year we plan to get auto loan thru BPI again (on behalf of my parents na ineligible na to apply for a loan) with free insurance with AOG for the 1st year. yung free insurance, tyempo lang na may promo BPI ngayon til December 17 daw.

napakagastos magkaroon ng car. sa tinagal-tagal kong pinangarap, when I finally had my own, saka ko lang na realize na totoo pala, kailangan sobra-sobra ka sa pera ka kapag may car ka dahil konting kembot, gastos na, puera pa yung gasolina. what more pa yung mga hinuhulugan pa yung car nila.

but, masarap ang may car. =)

ps: hindi ako sobra-sobra sa pera, talagang tinupad ko lang ang pangarap ko. =)

true sis dami gastos. pero same here, nakakatuwa matupad ang pangarap  ;D lalo na when we were able to fully pay our loan it and got our OR from the bank :)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 04:12:18 PM by leelou »
Life always offers you a second chance. It's called tomorrow.

scents01

• proud momma of 2 and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Livin' it Up!
« Reply #153 on: November 04, 2012, 04:02:06 PM »
^tama observation mo sis..kapag malaki yung interest earned ng company, they can afford to give free chattel mortgage, insurance, lto reg, accessories etc..inoffset lang nila and yet malaki pa rin kita..mas mababa talaga pag banks kaya kung may bank approval ka naman, go for bank loans na..

Sis immy, medyo mahirap pagsabayin ang gastos ng baby and monthly amortization ng car lalo na kung limited budget lang..sa baby kasi aside sa fixed monthly expenses like milk, diaper, vaccine shots, pedia etc., may mga unexpected expenses pa rin..ganun din sa car, may mga unexpected expenses din aside sa monthly amortization..pag babies naman usual once a month ang labas sa bahay coz of checkups, hindi advisable yung crowded places sa simula..unless iba yung lifestyle mo sis  :)
Don't settle for less

immy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #154 on: November 05, 2012, 04:31:03 PM »
^tama observation mo sis..kapag malaki yung interest earned ng company, they can afford to give free chattel mortgage, insurance, lto reg, accessories etc..inoffset lang nila and yet malaki pa rin kita..mas mababa talaga pag banks kaya kung may bank approval ka naman, go for bank loans na..

Sis immy, medyo mahirap pagsabayin ang gastos ng baby and monthly amortization ng car lalo na kung limited budget lang..sa baby kasi aside sa fixed monthly expenses like milk, diaper, vaccine shots, pedia etc., may mga unexpected expenses pa rin..ganun din sa car, may mga unexpected expenses din aside sa monthly amortization..pag babies naman usual once a month ang labas sa bahay coz of checkups, hindi advisable yung crowded places sa simula..unless iba yung lifestyle mo sis  :)

Thanks for the reply sis! Sige we'll try to discuss everything first before kami mag decide. I'll update everyone! :)
♥a wife and a mom♥

ysa.belle

• a mother, sister, daughter, wife and lover... oh and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • been there, done that...
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »
^ a second hand car pwede din naman...
♥ Life is a journey from one point to another. You know where you will end up, but you don't know what route will get you there... ♥
 :)

FieryAngel027

• Analyst, Running Enthusiast
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #156 on: November 21, 2012, 10:24:53 PM »
Second hand lang muna ako. Baka pag brand new tapos magasgasan ko maloka ako eh. Even hubby, 2nd hand lang muna gusto nya bilhin ko. Hopefully next year, i have my own na and I prefer it manual. Hindi ako comfortable sa automatic. :)

piatos

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2012, 11:43:18 PM »
ako din kung magpraktis ako magdrive gusto ko 2nd hand.  masakit sa puso at sa bulsa pag nabangga yung brand new lol

sramos010582

• GirlTalker
« Reply #158 on: December 13, 2012, 08:14:51 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm new here. I found out about female network while researching about cars. I'm planning to buy a second hand car. I'm looking into buying a honda city, toyota vios or altis. By any chance, do you guys have an idea on how much I would spend monthly based on my lifestyle? :) Here's my usual routine: from my house in Mandaluyong, I would go to Ortigas for work, then back to Mandaluyong. I'm not really a very outgoing person so most of the time I just stay in the house after work. Thanks a lot and hope to meet new friends here :)

CityHunter

• Non Timebo Mala
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Angel Oracle, Feng Shui and Reiki Master
« Reply #159 on: December 14, 2012, 08:01:27 AM »
Hi, sramos010582.

Nice yun mga models you picked but from what I do know Honda costs a bit more in terms of maintenance - major headache yan if you got yun poorly maintained.  If my memory serves me right more often yun Vios ang nakikita ko na taxi.  I got to read on various forums na it overheats easily which is why yun mga taxi that are of this model usually have their hoods a bit open.  I've rode on both and okay naman at comfy.  Haven't drove any though.

As for Altis ay kung more than 1.3L siya ay its going to hit your budget a lot - no idea na ano ang mga makina nito.  Kapag 1.3L or lower dapat properly maintained kasi para you maximize yun fuel efficiency niya.  Huwag mo habulin yun extras na for external looks but efficiency.  Good brakes, good tires plus a good exhaust system will be a major plus.  This is where joining a car club will prove beneficial for you.
Good Work Ain't Cheap.  Cheap Work Ain't Good.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.