Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 22 DEC 14
Do you suffer from split ends and hair breakage? Avoid doing treatments like perming, coloring, or rebonding. Hair abuse makes your hair prone to breakage!
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Would you go on a speed dating?  (Read 9684 times)

MaitaOfMakeupOnDemand

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Would you go on a speed dating?
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2012, 12:20:09 PM »
6 years ago I was invited to a speed dating event kaso na-mileyo siya! Now I
m getting married, syempre hindi na. But I don't see why single ladies shouldn't find it fun. I say go go go and meet people! It's best to know many guys para malaman mo talaga kung ano yung type mo. Just my opinion. :)

home_seeker

• Condo-living by DMCI Homes
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2012, 10:58:24 PM »
I haven't been to to one. Is there a speed dating event this Sept?
Signature edited.

mommy gwen

• GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2012, 12:15:16 PM »
my friend is interested. but she is shy. sabi ko she ask a girlfriend to join din for fun lang.

kaso kelangan ba single? she is separated from her husband and their union has not been annulled yet. tapos single mom. pwede ba?

how does this work po?

tia  :)

maigrichonne

• GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2012, 03:35:58 AM »
It's fun as entertainment.

Just don't expect anything out from it... Or maybe it's just not my thing. Private person kasi ako. I don't get to know someone that way. Pang good time lang with friends then uwi na hehe.

connie_triz1

• http://connietriz1.blogspot.com
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2013, 02:39:10 PM »
Hi, I will be trying to go to speed dating this Aug 31 hosted by flair affair, I think its fun to go to this kind of event once in a while :). if anyone is interested too, they have a page in facebook, https://www.facebook.com/FlairAffairEvents

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2013, 03:25:47 PM »
^Sayang friendship Connie_triz1, kung nasa pinas lang ako. he he he. :)

connie_triz1

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2013, 05:19:42 PM »
^Sayang friendship Connie_triz1, kung nasa pinas lang ako. he he he. :)
-- Haha xtine, kaw talaga una kong yayain kaso [textspeak!] ka namn ng pinas!

purple.strawberry

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2013, 02:20:45 PM »
Aww. I've always wanted to try speed dating, I think it's fun. :/

connie_triz1

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2013, 04:53:20 PM »
Aww. I've always wanted to try speed dating, I think it's fun. :/
Hi purple.strawberry, I think its fun too... :) but im crossing my finger that i won't regret it hahaha! how about you why won't you try it? :)

purple.strawberry

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2013, 06:44:29 PM »
^May boyfriend na ko haha. Graaaar. Parang kelan lang naghahanap pa ko ng speed dating events at nagkakaayaan kami ng friends ko. I didn't really expect to meet someone significant, I just think it's something fun to try tsaka ilist sa life experiences.

connie_triz1

« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2013, 08:19:39 PM »
^May boyfriend na ko haha. Graaaar. Parang kelan lang naghahanap pa ko ng speed dating events at nagkakaayaan kami ng friends ko. I didn't really expect to meet someone significant, I just think it's something fun to try tsaka ilist sa life experiences.
hahaha! kala ko namn single ka...sorry naman haha! Its good to hear that! Ou tama ka its something fun to list in your life experience :P

mischabella

• GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2013, 08:51:32 PM »
Nung college ako, may mga speed dating events sa school namen XD muka naman masaya sila. May mga nagparticipate din kasi from other schools. Yung friend ko na single ayaw din nung una, ako pa nagbayad para sa kanya heheh. Naenjoy naman niya at may mga naging friends pa siya dun. Kulit nga sumali pa ulit the next speed dating event :P

AnJelatine

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2013, 03:47:39 PM »
No, masyadong mabilis. Haha! Joke! :P

If I were single, yes. Sounds fun ;)

yabbikins

• Works Hard. Shops Harder.
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Blog
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2013, 05:59:51 AM »
Yes! Just for fun :)
And, by the way, I adore you... in frightening, dangerous ways... - Edward Cullen

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2013, 09:00:55 AM »
Naisip ko lang, meron ba umaattend na lalaki sa speed dating?  Kasi parang sikat sa kababaihan ang speed dating.  Sis Connie_Triz, pasagot. he he he.

jassylicious

• Probationary
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2013, 01:08:04 AM »
Attended to one last month. My friend was one of the organizers kase. it was fun. :) medyo nakakpagod lang kase tuloy tuloy.

True, mas madaming girls na umaattend. yung guys were mostly friends lang din ng organizers na napilit kase kulang sa lalaki.

inluvewithmikewesten

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2013, 03:25:25 AM »
Although I want to get the opportunity to meet guys, parang I won't try this. Opinion ko lang naman ha, pero parang desperate measure na to para sa isang babae. And hindi ba most speed dating services eh magbabayad ka?

purple.strawberry

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2013, 09:07:55 AM »
^I guess it's a desperate measure if you engage with it and you are desperate, get my drift? Pero for some it's just another venue for meeting other people, getting to know new friends, possibly get a real date. :)

jojo2978

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2013, 09:13:58 AM »
I'm curious with this just for experience sake.  Wala naman siguro masama kung madagdagan acquaintance.

jassylicious

• Probationary
« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2013, 11:01:23 PM »
^ i agree. most of the people i met weren't there for the chances of starting a romantic relationship. most of them were there for the experience, to check it off their bucket list, to talk and meet a lot of people.

i guess for some it sounds desperate because of the social stigma that people go on a certain event (speed dating) with the sole purpose of finding someone that will sweep them off heir feet.  ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.