Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 23 NOV 14
No boyfriend? No problem! Learn to be comfy in your own company--it will help boost your self-confidence too!
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Phuket Thailand  (Read 23875 times)

superbe

• GirlTalker
  • ... livin' my life and lovin' it
Phuket Thailand
« on: June 02, 2011, 11:41:44 PM »
Need you inputs on this place mga sisses. hotels and must see and do to maximize my trip. oct pa naman but need to prepare na din. thanks   :)
"when life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile" :)

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Phuket Thailand
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 05:49:23 AM »
we stayed at Marriott Beach Club. with kitchen siya kaya pag breakfast or dinner, nagluluto kami para tipid kahit papano. we stayed 7 nights kasi.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/hktpb-marriotts-phuket-beach-club/

excellent service and facilities! may baby elephant pa sa loob ng resort, so cute!! :)

we also hired a driver kasi medyo mahirap ata pag public transpo. sulit siya kasi dinala niya kasi sa mga authentic thai restos.

from Phuket, nag tour din kami to Phi Phi Island.. yung sa The Beach movie ni Leonardo DiCaprio. maganda sana kaso too crowded!

superbe

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 10:51:23 PM »
which beach located marriot sis and how far from the airport? kasi we will be arriving in the evening around 8:30 pa. is it still safe to travel from the airport to our resort if lets say sa patong or kata located?
"when life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile" :)

blooming

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2011, 11:47:42 AM »
phi phi islands - is it a nice place for snorkeling?

^^ bakit too crowded?

sugarpop

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2011, 12:36:42 PM »
depends what you want to do sis...

i've stayed at Katathani and Marriot Beach Club. Both have it's perks.

Katathani has it's "own" beach. technically still a public beach but the entire beach front is covered by the resort. Marriot is isolated, quieter...and they have bigger units.

what is your budget sis?
"Bloom where you are Planted"- Mary Inglebrit

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 05:17:22 PM »
superbe- mga 20mins yung Marriott sa airport. mag hire ba kayo ng driver? hindi ko kasi alam kung safe ba mag biyahe sa gabi kung mag public transpo. nag hire kasi kami ng driver.

blooming- crowded siya kasi ginawang tourist spot kaya halos lahat dinadala doon

superbe

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 12:32:53 AM »
around 5k a night would do and i think marriot is out of my budget sis. will be staying for 3 nights and im considering of getting a transpo to bring us to the resort na lang. hopefully i can find a resort that can arrange the pick up for me.

im planning to visit phi phi din :)

swiTsuplada

• Senior GirlTalker
  • *no room for sadness*
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 02:22:25 AM »
I will be there next year Mar. 28... I want to learn more about the place as early as now at napakahirap makipag-communicate sa Thais, kaya kahit paano magka-idea na 'ko before going there. I'm planning to go to Phi Phi too since dun 'yung The Beach (curious lang).
I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just jackasses.

sugarpop

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 10:14:58 AM »
for 5k...try the kantary or Kata Beach resort..

Cape Panwa is nice din...if I were you, go to agoda.com..

around 5k a night would do and i think marriot is out of my budget sis. will be staying for 3 nights and im considering of getting a transpo to bring us to the resort na lang. hopefully i can find a resort that can arrange the pick up for me.

im planning to visit phi phi din :)
"Bloom where you are Planted"- Mary Inglebrit

Myealexis21

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »
Base on my reading  :)  The main three beaches are Patong, Karon and Kata. 
Pinaka-crowded daw is Patong, but if you want to be near the centre of the fun stay here.  Pero kung gusto mo ng less yung crowd Karon and Kata would be your best two options.

Decided na ako to stay sa isa sa mga places na yan coz we'll be doing 3 island trips, and mas mababa ang singil nila if your hotel is located in these 3 beaches.  Although hindi naman ganon kalaki ang difference.  But since we are planning to stay for 7d/6n I have to make sure to save as much as possible :)

Yaan nio mga Sis, once I get back from our Thai trip, magpopost ako ng mga helpful tips.  ;D
Trapped in between yesterday and forever

phurple0515

• your bitchy, sweety, ironic, down-to-earth (",)
  • Super GirlTalker
  • bitchy sweet (",)
    • Max's Shopzter
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2011, 04:18:58 PM »
Kami naman we checked in at Absolute Sea Pearl Hotel for 3 days and 1 night. Me sarili pa kami chauffer ni hubby pagsundo nila airport at paghatid.  Super bait ng manager, and they were the ones who arranged all the tours.  Affordable ng rate nila.  Nagdagdag na lang kami additional tour ng Phuket Fantasea nong 1st night namin.  Yon din sinuggest ko sa officemate ko and she loved the place.  Akala mo kasi di maganda sa picture, pero pag andon ka na, ang ganda, at malinis ang room and bed.  Will definitely book here again pag napunta ulit ng Phuket.

http://www.absoluteresorts.com/our-resorts-hotels/sea-pearl-beach-resort/
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!"

Visit Max's Shopzter in FB!!!

Myealexis21

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2011, 04:59:14 PM »
^Sis disregard my question dun sa isang thread. Nasagot mo na kasi dito :)

So sa Patong yung hotel located noh? Near the beach ba?

I will try to research na rin, but iba pa rin kasi ang first hand information.  Was it really crowded in Patong?

Did you visited the other beach din? Pede ba maglakad lakad til you reach Karon and Kata? Allowed ba yun?

TIA and thanks din for the above information.  This is really so helpful. Matagal na ako nagaabang ng information na ganyan dito sa GT.
Trapped in between yesterday and forever

phurple0515

• Super GirlTalker
  • bitchy sweet (",)
    • Max's Shopzter
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2011, 05:13:43 PM »
^ e sis, nasagot ko rin sa kabila, hehe

yes, it's a long stretch of beach, pwede mo lakarin.  crowded sa patong pero ok lang naman, maganda location ng hotel kaya natuwa kami ni hubby.  Di nga kami masyado nakapagswimming sa Patong e kasi nga madami tao, don na lang sa mini pool sa hotel, heheh.  pero the food in the hotel is so sulit..masarap pa...tawid ka lang ng kalsada beach na, fronting beach yong hotel..ganda... :)

gorgeousmama

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 07:17:31 PM »
its been ages ng nakapunta ko dito,

dati kasi sa pattaya kami :)

pretty_kate

« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2011, 02:40:55 AM »
We stayed in Amari. Service was superb. Beachfront siya, hindi kagandahan yung beach but the resort is really nice. It is in Patong, nasa dulo so malayo sa ingay. Mga 20mins walk to Patong beach.

http://www.amari.com/coralbeach/

We opted to stay in Patong because most of the activities are there. Mejo malayo na kasi yung Kota and Karon.

Mura lang ang food sa thailand kesa dito sa pinas. And the people are super friendly. walang palya sa pag-greet sayo even if you are not staying in their resort.

Crissy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2011, 10:16:44 PM »
I need direction please. Pano pumunta sa Phuket? Upon Arriving to Bankok Airport and diretso to Phuket sana.  Should I transfer pa nang airport? what airline should I take?

phurple0515

• Super GirlTalker
  • bitchy sweet (",)
    • Max's Shopzter
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 09:20:52 AM »
^ by plane lang alam ko sis e...i just don't know kung pano kung by land...

kirstenchelsea

• i know right!
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2011, 12:03:01 PM »
^^ yes more convenient if via plane ang travel mo from bangkok.
Explore. Dream. Discover.

kathwalks

• www.kathwalks.blogspot.com
    • KathWalks
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2011, 03:01:58 PM »
I was in phuket early this year. If you're on a budget, I can recommend Casa Jip, guest house located in Patong.
Its near the bars, mall, and patong beach.

If you want a budget resort with pool, you can also try Jang Resort.

For island hopping tour, I still have the contact number of phuket tour, their package includes airport transfers, roundtrip and
phiphi/maya bay tour with lunch. City tour can also be requested. I can send you the number if youre interested. I think we got it at 2000 baht, my friend got it at 1800 without city tour.

Crissy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2011, 09:00:58 PM »
^ anong airline mga sis?

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.