Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 20 AUG 14
Are you forgetful? Write things down and keep lists to organize your life better.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Bali, Indonesia  (Read 29430 times)

La Vida Dulce

• Lawyer wannabe
  • GirlTalker
    • My Tumblr
Re: Bali, Indonesia
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2011, 06:41:20 AM »
La Vida Dulce: thanks for the correction. my bad, nauuna talaga emotions madalas. :)

:) I was actually surprised that that comment came from you because I think you're one of the very few rational thinkers here in Girltalk. ;)

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2011, 07:56:46 AM »
^ aww thanks. i read your blog and i enjoyed/agreed with the points you raised. initial response ko talaga usually is emotional. not an excuse, i know. ;D

sassa

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2011, 12:28:40 PM »
I'm going to Bali on Aug 21-25! So excited.. my officemate were just there 2 weeks ago and they fell in love with it.

We will stay at Grand Hyatt Bali Nusa Dua. I'll keep the driver's number that one of our sisses posted here so I can contact him for the tour.. excited!! ;D
You think you have forever.. but you dont.

iggypop

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2011, 05:14:05 PM »
^ have fun sis! say hi to "putu" for me :)

fabulosity

• GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2011, 01:37:29 PM »
Hey guys! I'm planning my trip to Bali next year and am on the early stage of planning right now. Any thoughts on the ff:

1.) Where to stay in Bali: Four season's sayan, Viceroy, Bulgari, or ubud hanging gardens? I would like a nice villa with a pool but I prefer balinese style.

2.) Which tours to take?

3.) Recommend good restos, pls (would like to try authentic indonesian cuisine, like their roasted pork)

4.)  When to go? Off season rates but warm weather?

5.)  Tips for Bali trip?

TIA  ;D

chaipix

• John Clarke's Mom
  • GirlTalker
  • Lightning McQueen
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2011, 11:16:42 PM »
Hi mga Sis, ano ba maganda puntahan sa bali? We will be going this November to attend the wedding of my hubby's friend. We will be staying there for 3 days at Bali Uluwatu.
When God thought of mother, he must have laughed with satisfaction, and framed it quickly--so rich, so deep, so divine, so full of soul, power, and beauty, was the conception. ~ Henry Ward Beecher

kathwalks

• www.kathwalks.blogspot.com
    • KathWalks
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2011, 11:02:40 PM »
despite the very unwelcoming officers, i still blogged my Bali experience fairly. may these help you..

Balinese temples

the beaches in Bali

please dont message me if you have any questions..

Hi Chyng,
We got the same drive as yours. Nyoman is highly recommended! 
Thanks for the info and nice blog by the way. :)

betty

• happy, enthusiastic, energetic
  • Super GirlTalker
    • my store
« Reply #47 on: August 16, 2011, 11:18:37 AM »
iggypop, for your group na yung 500k rp na binayad nyo?

Water and Wine

• GirlTalker
    • Water and Wine: a travel and fashion blog
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2011, 06:25:50 PM »
Hey guys! I'm planning my trip to Bali next year and am on the early stage of planning right now. Any thoughts on the ff:

1.) Where to stay in Bali: Four season's sayan, Viceroy, Bulgari, or ubud hanging gardens? I would like a nice villa with a pool but I prefer balinese style.

2.) Which tours to take?

3.) Recommend good restos, pls (would like to try authentic indonesian cuisine, like their roasted pork)

4.)  When to go? Off season rates but warm weather?

5.)  Tips for Bali trip?

TIA  ;D

fabulosity, we went to Viceroy and it's a nice boutique hotel, very Balinese too!  We actually stayed at the resort next to it and went to Viceroy for dinner.  We weren't able to see Bulgari Hotel in real life (hehe) but based on their rates and pics on the web (we wished to stay there but realized later on that we cannot afford it haha), I'd rather stay in Viceroy.  ;)

About restaurants, Viceroy has this restaurant called Cascades.  They were awarded by Indonesia Tatler as Indonesia's Best ;)  Prices aren't bad either!  You might want to try it.  :)
Water and Wine: a travel and fashion blog
www.waterandwine.ph

iggypop

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2011, 06:30:09 PM »
^ yes sis :)

betty

• happy, enthusiastic, energetic
  • Super GirlTalker
    • my store
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2011, 03:25:36 PM »
thanks..brought up ko sa group

chaipix

• John Clarke's Mom
  • GirlTalker
  • Lightning McQueen
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2011, 11:53:51 AM »
Thanks Sis Chyng! I will take note on the places that you've mention. =)
When God thought of mother, he must have laughed with satisfaction, and framed it quickly--so rich, so deep, so divine, so full of soul, power, and beauty, was the conception. ~ Henry Ward Beecher

yikee

• hopeless romantic, lakwatsera and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Bookyky's..
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2011, 04:57:07 PM »
Pag nagpa tour ba kay Mr. putu, siya may prepared na IT?
Bookyky's shop.. mckylaerika.multiply.com

iggypop

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2011, 05:51:59 PM »
^ in our case sis kami nagsabi where we wanted to go kase kulang na kami sa time, pero he suggested din places where we can visit na mas pasok sa time frame namin. sa airport sis madami naman maps and suggested tours, pwede ka kumuha ng idea doon. then pakita mo na lang kay mr. putu if viable.

HTH :)

yikee

• hopeless romantic, lakwatsera and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • Bookyky's..
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2011, 06:36:03 PM »
^ thanks sis! I'll take note of that.. Kailangan wag makalimutan kumuha ng maps.. Hehe! Limited lang din kase ang time namin if ever matuloy..
Bookyky's shop.. mckylaerika.multiply.com

panini

• Probationary
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2011, 09:34:42 AM »
Hello!

Could you please provide us with a feedback on your driver Nyoman? Was he knowledgeable? Can he speak English well?

TIA

riandrew

• Super GirlTalker
    • No Spam, No Virus, No Kiddin'!
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2011, 12:41:24 PM »
^ sinong Nyoman?

"In Bali customs, they only have four first names.
The first child is Wayan or Putu, the second child is Made or Kadek, the third is Nyoman or Komang and the fourth is Ketut.
The fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth and ninth will be another Wayan, Made, Nyoman, Ketut and Wayan again. "

so imagine, napakadaming Nyoman sa Bali!  :)
travel - resorts - hotels - staycations - buffet
http://www.chyngreyes.com  |  http://instagram.com/chyngreyes

madamegrès

« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2011, 02:34:00 PM »
^ sinong Nyoman?

"In Bali customs, they only have four first names.
The first child is Wayan or Putu, the second child is Made or Kadek, the third is Nyoman or Komang and the fourth is Ketut.
The fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth and ninth will be another Wayan, Made, Nyoman, Ketut and Wayan again. "

so imagine, napakadaming Nyoman sa Bali!  :)

uhhh your tour guide in Bali? You call him Nyoman right?  ???

riandrew

• Super GirlTalker
    • No Spam, No Virus, No Kiddin'!
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2011, 03:01:45 PM »
ours is Nyoman Japa.

not sure if that's the same Nyoman sis panini is asking about. would you know?  ::)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 03:43:10 PM by riandrew »
travel - resorts - hotels - staycations - buffet
http://www.chyngreyes.com  |  http://instagram.com/chyngreyes

madamegrès

« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2011, 04:17:25 PM »
As far as I know in this thread you were the only one who mentioned a certain Nyoman. So I assumed amongst the very many Nyomans in Bali your driver is the one Ms. Panini is referring to. Correct me if I'm wrong Ms Panini.  ;D

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.